Blessed Food Processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blessed Food Processor?

I have a mortar and pestle for crushing up herbs for spells and charms, but it can be a real pain in the ass with roots and such. I can't imagine how hard it would be to crush nuts. Has anyone used a food processor or a chopper instead? Did it work for you?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Blessed Food Processor?

When I was a kid, my mom had a device that she used to chop nuts for cookies & such. It was a jar, with a screw-on lid. Through the lid was a handle attached to a blade, and the shaft between them was geared so that when you pushed on the handle the blade descended and rotated.

I have a thingy which is similar, for chopping veggies to make salsa. Seems like that might work...

Or, I use a cheese grater for grinding ginger root. That, also, might be an option.
    Last edited by B. de Corbin; 06 Dec 2014, 18:01.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

you mean magically?

absolutely you can use modern technology!

...though the chopey thing corbin mentioned is a nice gaget, my momma has one too. my job used to be to grind up the pecans or walnuts for baking
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        I have a thingy which is similar, for chopping veggies to make salsa. Seems like that might work...

Or, I use a cheese grater for grinding ginger root. That, also, might be an option.
        Do you happen to know what the thingy is called?

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        you mean magically?

absolutely you can use modern technology!
        No, more like "will this grind up herbs and nuts well?". I'm not adverse to using modern technology!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I've seen a similar item in TV infomercials called a "Slappy," me thinks.

The one I have came in a kit (Christmas gift from #1 daughter) called "Make Your Own Salsa: Salsa Making Kit."
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            I've seen a similar item in TV infomercials called a "Slappy," me thinks.

The one I have came in a kit (Christmas gift from #1 daughter) called "Make Your Own Salsa: Salsa Making Kit."
            Thank you!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Here are some from Target that "Might" meet the need.

http://www.target.com/s/manual+food+...FewF7AodsF4Ayw
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Here are some from Target that "Might" meet the need.

http://www.target.com/s/manual+food+...FewF7AodsF4Ayw
                Oh, wonderful, thank you!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I use a little electric coffee grinder for root and bark herbs....but it might get it too fine for nuts. Like most of our appliances, I picked it up at the thrift store for a couple dollars.

The manual nut chopper (which is apparently just called a nut chopper, who knew?) can be found at most kitcheny store, on amazon, etc... This one comes from bed bath & beyond (must be in the "beyond" section, but not the one with christopher walken): https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/pro...per/1040534923
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                    I have a mortar and pestle for crushing up herbs for spells and charms, but it can be a real pain in the ass with roots and such. I can't imagine how hard it would be to crush nuts. Has anyone used a food processor or a chopper instead? Did it work for you?
                    Tupperware makes the most amazing little (or medium or big, but I have the little) hand powder food chopper. The only thing you can't put in it is ice. I love mine so much.
                    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                    Seen the desert and the birds
                    You cut your hair short
                    Like a shush to an insult
                    The world had been yelling
                    Since the day you were born
                    Revolting with anger
                    While it smiled like it was cute
                    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      I use a little electric coffee grinder for root and bark herbs....but it might get it too fine for nuts. Like most of our appliances, I picked it up at the thrift store for a couple dollars.
                      A coffee grinder! I didn't even think of that!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                      Tupperware makes the most amazing little (or medium or big, but I have the little) hand powder food chopper. The only thing you can't put in it is ice. I love mine so much.
                      I'll have to see if I can find one!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I've got an electric coffee/herb grinder. Holds about a cup of whatever, & has one blade & the fineness of whatever you grind is determined by how long you grind it & how often you shake it around while grinding. It's got a push button on the lid & only grinds while the button is being held down, so you can control the grind somewhat.

I just looked at it - it's by Black & Decker, and my husband says he picked it up at a hardware store :P
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I use a small food processor to make almond and walnut flour, or just to get them into smaller bits for baking with, that's always worked pretty well for me. My grandmother has one of those chopper things, only problem with it is it's hard to clean sometimes, but it works well.
                          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                            I'll have to see if I can find one!
                            Seriously most amazing thing ever, and its still man powered, so a bit 'easier' to put the magic in it, but its not hard work, 2 or 3 pulls and it's done.

Also I have a cuisinart electric blender, like those buller blender things, but better.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I second the coffee grinder and the Tupperware chopper thingy. I don't currently have either (I grind everything in a mortar and pestle... even when cooking... rough chop with the mezzaluna then grind in mortar and pestle) but I have used both. Coffee grinders can be tricky to clean, depending on which you get. The Tupperware chopper is awesome, IF you can afford it. Expensive little bugger, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X