what wood is your wand made of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what wood is your wand made of?

My wand spoke through me as a fir branch, wich were laying on the ground. The energy of that branch was so intense that I could not continue my walk before I had picked it up. The second I placed The branch inn ny hand I new this was my wand meant to be

Bit hos about you and your wand. What is The story and which type of wood is it?

Re: what wood is your wand made of?

I have 3 wands. They all have different purposes.

My first wand was given to me, and is made of the bone of a lamb leg. It was never previously used, and had been made for me by a fellow practitioner. The wood at the end of the wand is made from white pine, carved to resemble a cat's head. When I first came in contact with it, there was no connection. I left it alone for some time, to become accustomed to my home and myself. It was about a month later, I felt drawn to pick it up and hold it. Since then, she has been my ally.

My second wand, I found during a walk in the woods. It was the shed antler of a buck. Long story shortened, I took it home without much thought since I often pick up shed antlers. I was only drawn to it some time later, but the energies I felt from it where baleful. I bonded with him nonetheless.

My third wand, she is made of birch wood. I carved it myself from a chunk of birch that was struck by lightening. It's a stirring spoon that I use exclusively for when making anything in the kitchen.
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I don't have a working wand as of yet. My friend gave me a wand a few years ago. I still have it; just never been drawn to it. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by OldMotherWestWind View Post
        I have 3 wands. They all have different purposes.

My first wand was given to me, and is made of the bone of a lamb leg. It was never previously used, and had been made for me by a fellow practitioner. The wood at the end of the wand is made from white pine, carved to resemble a cat's head. When I first came in contact with it, there was no connection. I left it alone for some time, to become accustomed to my home and myself. It was about a month later, I felt drawn to pick it up and hold it. Since then, she has been my ally.

My second wand, I found during a walk in the woods. It was the shed antler of a buck. Long story shortened, I took it home without much thought since I often pick up shed antlers. I was only drawn to it some time later, but the energies I felt from it where baleful. I bonded with him nonetheless.

My third wand, she is made of birch wood. I carved it myself from a chunk of birch that was struck by lightening. It's a stirring spoon that I use exclusively for when making anything in the kitchen.
        Sounds like you have some wonderful wands. I also have one my mom made me from willow, but I only use it when I need guidances from my mom, since I sense a lot of her energy in it Nalia I am sure when time passes you will find a wand which is meant for you.

Comment

For me, I've always felt more drawn to athames over wands, so I don't actually have a wand right now.

I've only had one wand that was special to me; I got it back when I was a kid. It was special to me just because it was so hard to get. I grew up in the suburbs just outside Washington DC, so there was little pockets of wilderness here and there, but if you wanted a real forest, you had to drive to one. So my options for finding a wand were limited to those pockets of wilderness.

There was a small park in Crystal City that had an artificial water fall and train tracks out behind it. I used to love going there when I was a kid, me and a friend or two, or sometimes just me, I used to bike there all the time; I loved the name of the place, Crystal City... it just sounded magickal, like the Emerald City or something. I don't think my mom had any idea just how far I would travel on my bicycle sometimes; but I was one of those kids who wandered pretty far.

Behind the park there was train tracks where you could go and watch the trains going past. It was all fenced off, so it was kind of a big adventure for my friends and me whenever we would go to watch; we really weren't supposed to be back there and there was always the danger of being caught and yelled at. Anyways, there was a willow tree at the top of the fake water fall that called to me and one time I jumped the fence and used my pocket knife to cut off a branch. I took it home and peeled the bark and tried making tea with it as I had read that you could do this and then I used my pocket knife to give it a little cleaning up and shape. I did love that wand; I ended up using it through most of the first part of college before it finally broke and fell apart on me.

I'm a bit old to get away with hopping public city park type fences and cutting off a piece of an ornamental tree now, but I would love to go back and get another wand just like that first one, if I was to ever go back to using wands.

- - - Updated - - -

So I was looking around online to find a picture of the tree, and I found this

Comment

/enters

I feel like there is a joke to be made with the title, here.

/leaves

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              /enters

I feel like there is a joke to be made with the title, here.

/leaves
              I like how you think...

I have one from rowan tree, but I don't really use it.
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I don't have a wand but if I did, I'd like it to be made out of cherry wood. That's my favorite kind.
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I don't really find use for a wand... I *have* used one ( two decades ago in my Wiccan years) and indeed, I have one in a box somewhere, but I find that it (as well as an athame, etc) isn't necessary or even wanted (though some of them can be pretty, my inner magpie certainly likes the shineys) in my practice.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

The one and only wand I made was many years ago - and it was cedar.

Comment

Don't use them in my practice. About the closest thing might be a form of stang with three tines and used in a greenwitch / herbal usage for working in the earth. If I was to use a wood for something like that I tend to use Cedar for its color, odor and properties.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Yeah I agree when it comes to my title it would have been better with what material I think it is interesting to hear of the different wands, usage and also of you guys which does not use wands. I do know people how uses and don't use wands, I guess it all comes down to what works best for you, and that is the right way for you to do it

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          I don't really find use for a wand... I *have* used one ( two decades ago in my Wiccan years) and indeed, I have one in a box somewhere, but I find that it (as well as an athame, etc) isn't necessary or even wanted (though some of them can be pretty, my inner magpie certainly likes the shineys) in my practice.
                          Seconded. No use for a wand in my practice, but they are fun to look at.

Comment

I've never had a wand or felt the need for one, but my staff is made of South Australian Blue Gum that was shed from the big old tree near my parent's house.

Comment

Mine is out of Apple wood, I made it myself from a downed branch of our apple tree.

Comment

Working...
                              X