Migraines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migraines

I suffer migraines quite a bit becasue I've recently quit smoking cigarettes and I've cut out refined sugar from my diet. I know the reason I have one right this very moment is because of caffeine withdrawl (unwilling). My question would be this; what is your go-to method for getting rid of headaches/migraines?
    (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Re: Migraines

If you have any fresh Rosemary, http://www.ehow.com/about_7217420_ro...headaches.html

I don't get real migraines, but I have always found Rosemary to be soothing for a regular one. Whenever I break up the leaves with my fingers to add to somethign I'm cooking, I rub my fingertips on my temples.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Thanks, Hawk. I'll have to try that. Rosemary is one of my favorites so I can get behind this usage of it.

Comment

Simple thing, but increase your water intake, it can help a lot. Also, for some people the smell of menthol can clear a headache.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Menthol would be bad for me because it would make me want a smoke so dang much but I'll definitely be increasing my H20 intake to get rid of this migraine. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by beckly_freckly View Post
            I suffer migraines quite a bit becasue I've recently quit smoking cigarettes and I've cut out refined sugar from my diet. I know the reason I have one right this very moment is because of caffeine withdrawl (unwilling). My question would be this; what is your go-to method for getting rid of headaches/migraines?
            I take a Panadol (tylenol), then promptly vomit it up, then go to bed with the room as dark and quiet as possible and roll around in agony for an hour or so while contemplating various ways I could chop off my head before I eventually fall asleep. Then I wake up 15 hours later and feel fine.

I've tried every home remedy under the sun for migraines (well maybe not EVERY one... but most of them) and nothing touches the sides. I've been 'using' (aka suffering) the above method (aka there's nothing I can do so I'll just suck it up) since I was about 7-8 years old. I probably should go to the doctor and get some anti-migraine meds, but I don't have them frequently enough to really affect my life or work so I've never bothered.

As far as regular ol' headaches go... I take aspirin. 'Cos I dislike head pain and I usually get them at work and so want them gone ASAP. I've used a peppermint, rosemary and lavender essential oil mix in my diffuser a few times, but it takes a while to settle them down so whether I bother with that depends on whether I have the time to spend relaxing into it.

Comment

Are you sure its a migraine? They are a very specific headache type... And they often have triggers. ...All sorts of triggers really, from stress and lack of sleep to foods and inhaled chemicals... If they are migraines, cutting caffine cold turkey is probably a bad idea (the most basic migraine medicine is basically tylenon, asprin, and a cup or two of cseriously--seriously read the back of a bottle of excedrin).

If you are trying to cut caffine (as a recent thing) is sounds more like caffine withdrawl. but both caffine and nicotine should be out of your system after several days...so its nothing chemical there. It could be the chainge in sugar intake too...especially if you are doing this cold turkey. The biggest thing with migrains is to find and mitigate your triggers the best you can and the treat them as soon as you feel them coming on---if you wait til its exploded in your head, its too late in my experience...all that works is sleep and time.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

You said you cut out refined sugars. Are you eating/drinking more things with artificial sweeteners? Some people have headache or migraine reactions to them.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I suffered from migraines when i was a kid. it's gotten better with age, but I still get them once in a while. painkillers (ipren/ibuprofen works best for me), darkness and sleep or at least rest. in my experience migraines get worse when you strain your eyes, so don't look at computer/phone/tv, just relax your eyes... If it's a new problem you should probably go see your doctor about it, if there's something causing it the easiest way to treat the migraine is probably to treat the cause. for me it was largely poor eyesight causing it.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I will attest to the caffeine withdrawal thing...that can be a nasty one..I recently quit smoking,but the withdrawal was not all that bad,but I still get cravings when not busy. Been about 3 months BTW
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Congrats to both Anu and Becky for quitting smoking.

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Should mention I smoked for over 55 years...so,yeh it can be done,even by a die hard smoker..
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yes, I'm sure they're migraines. I've had medical confirmation on that front. No, I don't consume artificial sweetners. They are checimcal s***-storms and I am vehemently anti-GMO. I also stay far away from pharmaceuticals if I can help it. I'm not cutting out caffeine. I need coffee and tea to survive. I was just crazy busy yesterday and didn't get enough. Sleep and darkness help when I can get them but as that's not very often...

Anyway, thanks all for the help

Comment

If you have not already, look into something called Blue Tech for eyeglasses.

This thing is amazing, and has made my life so much better, dealing with staring at screens ALL DAY.

It 's based on a science that, after researching it, determined that the predominant trigger in light that makes a migrane occur/worse is blue light. So it filters it mostly out through a coating on the lenses. I didn't even know I HAD eye strain until I got these.

Comment

I developed migraine and got a complete cure from a homeopath. He fixed my hayfever, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X