Magic in Daily Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic in Daily Life

Hi, I haven't been practicing for about 8-9 years now and find myself in the position of needing to find me again and I am returning to my spirituality. I am looking for a morning and night small ritual just to ease myself into this again. Not exactly what I am looking for but I am hoping with all the magickal minds out there someone will understand how I feel and what I am looking for perhaps better than me. Any ideas let me know. As always I will weed out what doesn't suit and use what does.

Thanks for your help,
    Joy

Re: Returning practitioner needs ideas

Welcome to the forum, first of all.

Any particular path you follow? Any particular goal save bringing peace of mind? I'm sure others have a few other questions too, but I'd like to have a better idea of what you believe.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

[quote author=returning link=topic=1106.msg20133#msg20133 date=1291610383]
      Hi, I haven't been practicing for about 8-9 years now and find myself in the position of needing to find me again and I am returning to my spirituality. I am looking for a morning and night small ritual just to ease myself into this again. Not exactly what I am looking for but I am hoping with all the magickal minds out there someone will understand how I feel and what I am looking for perhaps better than me. Any ideas let me know. As always I will weed out what doesn't suit and use what does.

Thanks for your help,
      Joy
      [/quote]

this is where introductions typically come in handy.....
      "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Yea sorry about the no introduction thing, you can see I am really quite lost...I have never known what to label myself. I follow an ecclectic white path, involving spells etc, i follow alot of the Yasmine Galenorn beliefs, celebrate the seasons, believe in the God and Goddess and the elements, use crystals and oils over herbs...

Hope this sheds a little more light for you.

Thanks and sorry again, Joy

Comment

Magic in Daily Life

So I work. A lot. And between work and sleep I have only 6 hours at most of free time. Those 6 hours are largely spent cleaning, messing around on the net, job hunting, eating, showering, or maybe, just maybe, drawing. Between work, looking for more work, and my portfolio I have little to no time to spend on my spirituality. The stress of money, work, lack of nutrition, and trying to work on my art all feed into each other and I rarely get a break to meditate let alone to a full on ritual or a good ol' tarot reading.
          I've been looking for ways to incorporate my spirituality and magic into my daily life. I've thought of setting aside 10 min a day to meditate, maybe do a card of the day or a daily devotional to a deity but I rarely remember. Any suggestions for incorporating magic into a busy daily life?

Comment

I'm not sure if you do any energy work, but I put together my own "anxiety kit" that may help you get some ideas.

What it has:

A reiki-charged candle
            Larimar
            Rutilated smokey quartz
            Relaxing-scented oil

I let my intuition decide which stone to pick. I hold that in my hand, put some of the oil on my pressure points, then light the candle. During this time I let the energy from all directions flow into me. When I feel relaxed I extinguish the candle (provided it didn't burn all the way down), cleanse the stone and put it away, then ease myself back into the rest of my routine.

I'm not sure if this will help you in any way, but I hope it provides some groundwork to help you decide what is best.
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Re: Magic in Daily Life

Primitive Artifice: Do you have any principles you live by? One of the best ways to keep your spirituality in a healthy way is to remind yourself of these principles and how you apply them in your life.
              my etsy store
              My blog

to descend."

Comment

Mod note: I merged these two topics b/c, they are pretty much asking the same question in different ways, and a lot of the *answers* to either of the initial original posters is likely applicable to the other. /end mod note

Thalassa note: With that in mind, I have a whole list of stuff...but I'm getting ready to hop in the shower and do my biggest day of finals, so if I get the chance and have everything done this evening, I'll see what I can pull together ;D
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I find that if nothing else, working with the tools daily helps keep me in contact. From something as small as dusting off the altars, giving recognition to an item or two, tending to a tool, working on tool creation when appropriate, smelling the progress of a just transmuted incense, even ritual planning or rewriting my notes from various classes. I also have a few small devotionals, will often set aside some time for trancework, will create new incense blends to be transmuted in the future, new talismans, etc. Even thinking of your path or an intent while cooking can be a small little gesture to keep it in your life.
                  -=Ex Ignorantia Ad Sapientiam; E Luce Ad Tenebras=-

My art and writing http://khaotyk-artwerx.tk/
                  (whole site is marked adult, the adult and gore sections are in their own section so you can opt not to view them, adult and/or gore stories are marked with an *)

Comment

Ah, thank you Thalassa. I should've looked for a similar topic before creating a new one. My bad 0_o

Comment

I know that its tough sometimes to keep the "magic" alive with your faith, just as it is to keep any other relationship alive. Here are some ways that I like to incorporate 'magic' in my daily life, or to rejuvenate my walk.

I charge a bit of jewelry and wear it. Sometimes I'll leave a bit of jewelry on the altar for weeks not knowing that I haven't had the urge to put it on, and then when I do its like, "OH YEAH! Hey you!" Just little reminders like that always help me to keep a mind on my spirit.

I might even set a phone alarm to go off and remind me to take a minute to say hi to The Great Spirit. Just casual talk, "thanks for breathing life into me and allowing me to walk on this awesome fucking planet, you great god you!" Nothing too formal

Incorporate colors! I think colors are terribly important. If I am feeling down, I put on some red. And then POW, all this power! I feel it, I embody it, and I love it.

Sometimes I stick a few crystal in my pocket. They remind me with little pokes and prods to touch them and be grateful.

And never underestimate the power of asking to be more receptive to your god/goddess/whatever. I often ask for The Great Spirit to speak to me through nature and the next thing I know I notice EVERYTHING and feel so at home and blessed that I could burst.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

There are a few daily rituals that I believe start and end my day on a good note. I always take a shower when I wake up, while I shower I think not only of bodily cleansing but a spiritual cleansing too. Starting my day anew. Then when I sit down with my morning coffee I light a candle to bless my day. Before I go to bed I light this same candle thanking the God/dess for the beautiful blessed day I have had and I pray and meditate for family, self, the world, whatever I am feeling at the moment. Hope you find a ritual that works for you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Setting aside the energy work I do constantly to maintain myself...

I try to pray daily. It's one of the foundations of a relationship, no matter who your God is. In my case, it's usually in the morning, walking home from work in the sunrise, that I call to my Gods and Ancestors and take a moment to thank them for their gifts and ask for the things I need (usually "continued strength" and "good fortune" - this is Sekhmet, not Santa Claus). This not only reaffirms my connection to the Gods and Ancestors who I venerate, but also keeps me humble and reminds me where my fortunes come from.

As for tools, my altar has a small electric fountain that I refill most mornings (it dries out quickly, and if I let it run dry the coloring in the water will stain the stones more), and I say a dedication internally as I do it. That way it's not just maintenance - it's a regular offering.

I wear my Goddess's image openly around my neck basically 24/7, but that's not so much a ritual as it is a declaration.
                          Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Working...
                          X