Floral/Herbal Soap Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floral/Herbal Soap Making

I've come into the habit of making my own soaps and bathbombs recently as it's less expensive and I can tailour them to my liking. At the moment, I've been making clear solid soap bars with dried flowers, herbs, teas and resins caught inside them, and they end up being quite lovely to look at as well as use.

Anyone else ever made soaps and/or bathbombs, or would care to learn the trade?
    "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Re: Floral/Herbal Soap Making

Ahh, my mother is HUGE into making these sorts of crafts.. She uses them as well. She's been into the soap-making binge for quite sometime, and uses lots of oils, and yes, floral ingredients in her soaps. But never herbs. I'm interested in how you go about using herbs for soap making? I think it is something I would love to introduce her to!

Comment

Originally posted by Wardruna View Post
      Ahh, my mother is HUGE into making these sorts of crafts.. She uses them as well. She's been into the soap-making binge for quite sometime, and uses lots of oils, and yes, floral ingredients in her soaps. But never herbs. I'm interested in how you go about using herbs for soap making? I think it is something I would love to introduce her to!
      I'm sure she would fancy it.
      When adding herbs to your soap, you must first decide on which herbs and why. Fragrance? Skin benefit? Both? Once you've chosen the dry/live herbs, they should be ground up and then steeped in very warm water (not boiling) to draw out their oils and nutrients. You would then take the herbal water and add it to your soap during the mixing process. More whole or ground herbs can be added for texture.
      "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

I had my own soap and candle biz for 14 years, I can probably help if someone has soapmaking questions.

Comment

Working...
        X