Binding and Banishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binding and Banishing

so i have to admit that this is very embarrasing for me, because i have been solitarially studying and i SHOULD know this, but even through all the research i just never got the understanding is on the difference between banishing someone and binding them. Can you help me understand what the difference is. thank you in advance for you help.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Re: Binding and Banishing

Basically, I use the idea as banishing something is getting rid of it (for example, when applied to a person, removing them/their influence from your life), binding something is restricting some aspect of it from doing <enter action> (for example, when applied to a person, keeping them from harming someone...often with a *punishment* if they do). They can overlap, but they don't have to.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

*ding* the light bulb has finally clicked. and still blushing. One can always learn something! thank you for your help!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

i wouldnt find it embarassing, many books i read dont seem to get the difference between the two either, often using the words interchangably.

my embarassing binding/banishing thing is that i never watched 'the craft' till a few months ago (what kind of witch am i), i was horrified at myself because sarah's (Robin Tunney) binding spell was so similar to the one i always used
        But mummy the other religions dont have to 'an it harm none'

Comment

binding and banishing are paradoxical.. they seem to overlap in ways that they arn't supposed to...

the issue comes with what works better... they both seem to share a common goal.. getting rid or restricting someone from doing something..

i dont believe it should be that one would "be punished" upon deviating from a binding spell... more so, i believe that if a binding spell is done correctly, the act of deviation would not have been existent...

binding rituals can be used for other things then protection.. there are love binding spells, which i dont agree with personally.. actually i dont agree with love spells in any way shape or form... but thats' another story...

intention is key.. imagination must be present.. and a clear, focused mind will always strengthen the spell...

iv used binding rituals to get rid of people from my life.. and they've worked very well...

Comment

Working...
          X