Necromancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Necromancy

I gave my story in a different thread, and I'll give it again in this thread if asked, but how many of you have experiences with necromancy. Feel free to post any type of relations to such arts, or if you know a friend quite enthralled in the topic, feel open to give their stories if comfortable enough to do so.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Necromancy

I am personally against it. I can't imagine someone bugging my father or mother to do his or her earthly bidding or answer questions. I'd bust a lip.

On the other hand I also do not believe you can contact the dead.

So. That's that for me.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I sort of err on the belief that you can't contact the dead without them wanting to be contacted.

But in no story does the dredging up of the deceased in necromantic fashion end well.

Comment

I do not practice the art anymore, but I had a lot of time more than dabbling, and I can tell you, there are many ways of contacting, and speaking to the dead. As long as you are respectful, and death has given you its blessing, you may safely execute it. On the other hand, many of those who tried did not try properly, and were never initiated correctly. They probably also could not properly project themselves.
        - Finn's Saga

Comment

I actually have no idea what exactly a necromancer *does*, but I'm dating one. And he's one of like 3 people who's never dragged me into his business, so I just go with it. It's kind of interesting really, but *every single time* someone is about to stop and explain, they get sidetracked about 5 words in. So I just decided I know everything about necromancy that the universe intended for me to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
            It's kind of interesting really, but *every single time* someone is about to stop and explain, they get sidetracked about 5 words in.
            This, to me, would be a giant red flag.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

It's not sidetracked like they're deliberately not telling, but my friends have horrible attention spans. Like stop midsentence to go chase ducks attention spans

Comment

It's not sidetracked like they're deliberately not telling, but my friends have horrible attention spans. Like stop midsentence to go chase ducks attention spans
                That's a crappy necromancer.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Oh but Duce,I.............ohhhhhhh a spider on a silver thread....ohhhhhhh
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    That's a crappy necromancer.
                    ^This, so much this....
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Dead things are icky and smell bad, unless properly refrigerated, so I don't mess with them, unless the meat is gone 'cause bones are pretty and good for making stuff.

Since dead = meat and bones, I never tried to talk to the dead. I already know everything meat and bones knows, and they have no sense of humor, and aren't even good at Yahtzee.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That, I'm sorry to have to say, is an even bigger red flag. If they can't explain in a quick summary because they don't have the attention span, how can you expect them to have the attention span to learn necromancy in the first place? From what I've gathered about that particular... Interest... Is that it requires a great deal of focus and concentration. Mucking with dead things isn't something to be taken lightly, regardless of spiritual path or preference.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Never worked with freshly dead human. Freshly dead animals on the other hand for different purposes? Smells not that​ bad
                          - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
                            Never worked with freshly dead human. Freshly dead animals on the other hand for different purposes? Smells not that​ bad
                            Oh.

Yeah, steak smells good when cooking.

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I've never dabbled in necromancy and I don't plan to. I'm not messing with things that I don't and probably never will fully understand.
                              "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Working...
                              X