My own dís

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own dís

My aunt, who was my godmother and my mother's youngest sister died almost 20 years ago, at the age of 63 of liver cancer. My brothers and sisters and I were extremely close to her. Especially my eldest sister. We were devastated. My parents were already dead.

We looked forward to my aunt and uncle's visits to the shore every summer for their week's vacation. We spent every possible moment on the beach, on the boardwalk, and just being together. One day I had some business in the area of their house and stopped in. My uncle (godfather) was home, but my aunt was not home from work yet. I apologized for just falling in. My uncle said "well come in!" When my aunt came home and saw me sitting there she all but shrieked with delight and a big smile and hug.

Anyway, odd as this sounds, I miss my aunt even more than I do my parents. My parents were in their 80s, and it was to be expected they would pass soon. But my Gods, my aunt was only 63! I dream of her all the time. OK. Here's the weird part... The dream I had one night was the weirdest of all. I was at what I think was a wedding. I might add that she loved, loved, loved
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Working...
X