PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha Eatin'?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Rick
03 Jan 2014, 01:37
My work here's done... :)

Hawkfeathers
03 Jan 2014, 05:45
Today I'm making New England Pot Roast in the crock pot. It has lots of horseradish (the heat cooks out and you're left with a wonderful savory-ness). It's a very cold day (about 7 F) and I love smelling something good from the kitchen all day.

Rowanwood
03 Jan 2014, 06:27
Today I'm making New England Pot Roast in the crock pot. It has lots of horseradish (the heat cooks out and you're left with a wonderful savory-ness). It's a very cold day (about 7 F) and I love smelling something good from the kitchen all day.

I want a recipe!

volcaniclastic
03 Jan 2014, 06:29
gluten free toast and almond butter, with a bowl of bananas, yogurt, honey, and rhubarb compote.

Bjorn
03 Jan 2014, 15:45
Hard boiled eggs! :T

ChainLightning
03 Jan 2014, 15:52
I'm making Buffalo Chili.

Be eating it, shortly.

B. de Corbin
03 Jan 2014, 16:01
I'm making Buffalo Chili.

How, exactly, does one go about making a buffalo chilly?

Drop some ice down its pants?

Medusa
03 Jan 2014, 16:23
Heating a bean and cheese burrito in the toaster oven. Gonna eat it with a handful of yellow chilis. With a side of tortilla chips and salsa. I tried that new Cantina style salsa. I'm addicted.

ChainLightning
03 Jan 2014, 16:37
How, exactly, does one go about making a buffalo chilly?

Drop some ice down its pants?

First, one goes to the City of Buffalo (many states have one of their own) and step outside on a cool and crisp night. Buffalo Chilly.

Second, one rounds up a likely candidate (generally one that isn't too cranky) and pushes it into a semi frozen river (though creeks and lakes may be substituted, for convenience). Buffalo Chilly. And wet.

I just used a sort of facsimile, namely ground bison, and put it in a pot of tomato sauce (and two small cans of petite diced tomatoes) with like 3 different kinds of beans (light and dark red kidney beans and some pinto beans) and went about seasoning the hell out of it, so to speak. Since the seasoning is something I excel at, I can't divulge all that went into it, for seasons, BUT I did use 3 packets of chili seasoning mix and one onion soup mix packet. (And not one sprinkle of cayenne.)

Heka
03 Jan 2014, 17:29
What, no Kanga or Roo pizza?

Never had that. Not likely to either (vegetarian remember?)

Heating a bean and cheese burrito in the toaster oven. Gonna eat it with a handful of yellow chilis. With a side of tortilla chips and salsa. I tried that new Cantina style salsa. I'm addicted.

Reminding me that Bjorn and I still need to make fajitas... so much craving.

thalassa
03 Jan 2014, 19:53
I am drinking Tevana's Strawberry Rose Champagne Oolong.

It is delicious. I got a 1/2 lb on sale (btw, 1/2 lb is about 2 cups of the stuff--2 cups dried will make probably 5 or 6 pots of tea, and maybe 20 cups of tea to drink), 75% off (actually, hubby bought it for me). If I'd paid regular price, it would have cost $55. Fifty five DOLLARS for TWO CUPS of TEA. WTF. As it was, at 75% off, it was about $15 with tax, which is four times what I normally pay for tea. But, its one of my favorite teas.

Rowanwood
04 Jan 2014, 17:39
I just had seafood pizza. NOM.

WayfaringStranger
04 Jan 2014, 17:52
Making chicken pie! It's like a weekly regular in this house.

Heka
04 Jan 2014, 17:57
Haloumi for lunch. MMMMM

WayfaringStranger
06 Jan 2014, 22:51
Tomato soup and coffee. Ugh, hello again my friend, heartburn. :(

Ophidia
06 Jan 2014, 23:13
Made chicken noodle soup w/dumplings, om nom nom!

Heka
06 Jan 2014, 23:33
Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli for tea tonight. Now - BLUEBERRIES!

Medusa
08 Jan 2014, 00:18
Homemade sloppy joe in between 2 pieces of wheat bread, covered with shredded cheese and popped in the microwave till it's all one gooey mess. I have to eat it with a fork! And a side of macaroni and cheese.
:o

B. de Corbin
08 Jan 2014, 14:47
Tilapia and fried bread.

Tastes like lobster, but cheaper than burger!

Hawkfeathers
08 Jan 2014, 16:03
Homemade Minestrone soup.

thalassa
08 Jan 2014, 17:40
drinking chamomile-apple tea

WayfaringStranger
09 Jan 2014, 01:07
My coworker bought me a slice of Key Lime pie. He is so nice. I love this kind of pie the best.

matinarava
09 Jan 2014, 01:14
Chicken stir fry. mmmmm

Corvus
09 Jan 2014, 17:57
I'm waiting for this personal sized box pizza to get done. I have a long paper to write due to tomorrow and I'm starving. I actually hear it going off now. It is delicious.

thalassa
09 Jan 2014, 18:11
we had perogies, ham, broccoli, baked pears, and wild berry zinger (our version of "kool-aid" is fruity teas)

Willow
09 Jan 2014, 18:11
Red wine and homemade chex mix, hecks yeah. ^^

Medusa
09 Jan 2014, 18:48
Pizza. In about 20 minutes.
*looks out window

Corvus
09 Jan 2014, 19:36
*looks out window*

When will my Pizza return from the war

Lilium of the Valley
12 Jan 2014, 01:14
Prawn Crackers
......for breakfast :D

ChainLightning
12 Jan 2014, 01:19
Pizza rolls.

Lilium of the Valley
13 Jan 2014, 02:52
pasta....for breakfast lol

thalassa
13 Jan 2014, 04:20
oatmeal, a banana, and a berry smoothie

Shahaku
13 Jan 2014, 05:03
graham crackers. Mmmm. First bit of food since Saturday night.

Juniper
13 Jan 2014, 17:01
Oatmeal, because it's one of the few foods I currently have (now had) in my house that I could eat without being in pain.

Bjorn
13 Jan 2014, 17:41
Homemade chicken soup with celery, carrots, onion, and cauliflower. <3 My mom is teh shit. Take note.

thalassa
14 Jan 2014, 05:56
Homemade chicken soup with celery, carrots, onion, and cauliflower. <3 My mom is teh shit. Take note.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...YUMMMY!

Medusa
14 Jan 2014, 23:47
Subway sammy that's been sitting out for about 5 hours. Nice and gooey. With brazil nuts as my 'chips'. Seriously. Who knew Brazil nuts were so dang awesome! They are like knock off walnuts when you can't get walnuts. Plus good for my heart.

Rick
14 Jan 2014, 23:58
Subway sammy that's been sitting out for about 5 hours. Nice and gooey. With brazil nuts as my 'chips'. Seriously. Who knew Brazil nuts were so dang awesome! They are like knock off walnuts when you can't get walnuts. Plus good for my heart.

Ooo, love Brazils! They're great dipped in chocolate...

Clive
15 Jan 2014, 20:28
Oreos dunked in coffee. Normally my breakfast would be much more wholesome, but looking in the mirror today I realized how bony I'm starting to get.

Medusa
16 Jan 2014, 00:44
Whole wheat pita pizza with pepperoni and jalapenos.

ChainLightning
16 Jan 2014, 05:38
Canned cat food.

Just kidding. I'm having a banana for breakfast.

thalassa
16 Jan 2014, 05:56
a smoothie and oatmeal

Clive
16 Jan 2014, 11:19
Leftover tuna salad made with avocado, a little mustard, and a splash of dill pickle juice, on rosemary flavored Triscuits. Yummy.

Bjorn
16 Jan 2014, 14:19
Leftover tuna salad made with avocado, a little mustard, and a splash of dill pickle juice, on rosemary flavored Triscuits. Yummy.

RAWR, PSYCHOBEAR HAS COME FOR YOUR SNACKS. Fo reals. Gimme yo SNACKS!

thalassa
16 Jan 2014, 14:41
Spicy garlic mixed veggies with turkey

Also, cauliflower and oatmeal patties<---these are effing good with pesto on them

Rowanwood
16 Jan 2014, 18:58
Homemade chicken liver and mushroom pate with carrots and crackers..mmmmmm

Clive
17 Jan 2014, 12:43
Pan-fried chicken (sans batter or breading), mixed vegetables with black beans and corn, and a red potato with butter.

Medusa
17 Jan 2014, 15:27
Mexican rice with green olives cooked into it. And a flour tortilla quesadilla with moz cheese. Lunch of the poor! I realize I have a bunch of food in my fridge and pantry. Time to use it up!

Medusa
21 Jan 2014, 23:46
I had cheese hot dogs and some homemade potato salad. OMG. I'm so full. But now I have salad for tomorrow! Because I only at half a potato and I'm stuffed!

thalassa
22 Jan 2014, 03:53
berry-kale smoothie and oatmeal...again.

Rowanwood
22 Jan 2014, 06:20
berry-kale smoothie and oatmeal...again.

I like a berry-kale smoothie. I always add protein powder and PB2.

thalassa
22 Jan 2014, 08:32
I like a berry-kale smoothie. I always add protein powder and PB2.

I add some uber anti-oxidant probiotic vegan protien crap...its pretty yummy, lol.

I think its the mulberries I picked over the summer...I mixed them up in the berry mix.

Willow
22 Jan 2014, 09:49
Coffee and bacon, breakfast of... um... me!

Clive
22 Jan 2014, 12:48
Leftover pizza with salami and jalapenos and bread stuffed with cheese. My belly, it hurts, but it hurts oh so good.

MaskedOne
22 Jan 2014, 14:38
Right then, do not play for the center in Go. It ends in pain and anguish.

Clive
23 Jan 2014, 20:17
I've just made a big pot of chili soup - basically the same as chili con carne, only in a water base. Sounds more bland than the usual, but I've been making it that way for years and it's oh so good. I tend to do something different with it every time I make it - this time I used black beans instead of kidney.

Rae'ya
24 Jan 2014, 02:06
I'm about to cook and eat some stir-fry veggies and egg noodles.

With sauce out of a packet.

Ick.

We're interstate for two week's because of hubby's surgery... staying in an apartment in a hotel...

I've never put so much pre-packaged food in my trolley in my life. Jars and packets of simmer sauces and stir-fry sauces... although they call them 'flavour-bases' nowdays. Which makes it so much better.

And still we spent $250 on two and a half week's worth of groceries (and toiletries). I almost died. We don't spend that much at home.

How is it that people think that pre-packaged food is CHEAPER than making food from scratch? The mind boggles.

So now I'm off to make Honey, Garlic and Soy stir-fry... with no honey or soy sauce or kechap manis in sight.

At least the packet has the Heart Foundation tick of approval. Right?

thalassa
24 Jan 2014, 04:23
right now, I'm drinking a smoothie--kale, mango, peach, carrot, banana, apple, and pineapple.

How is it that people think that pre-packaged food is CHEAPER than making food from scratch? The mind boggles.

Not sure how it is in Australia, but...it depends on the pre-packaged food. For example...for $2, I can get a box of velveeta mac'n'cheese (or Kraft mac'n'cheese for $1, or the store knock off brand for $0.50)...but, I could also *maybe* pick up that same box of velveeta mac'n'cheese for $1.50 at the "dollar store" (depends on if they have it in stock or not), or their knock-off brand for $1. But, buying a brick of velveeta is $3 (which admittely will make you several pots of mac'n'cheese), the noodles are about $1-2.50 a box (depending on the brand)...if you use real cheese, a brick of store brand is about $7, then you need butter ($2-3 for a box of 4 sticks), milk ($3-4). Most of those things--cheese, milk, butter, you can (and likely will) use for other meals...but the box of mac'n'cheese is still cheaper than buying the mac and the cheese separately.

But the premade stir-frys and such...those are like $3-8 dollars, depending on the brand here...just the meat would cost you about $2-3 for a cheap cut...then the veggies...a bag of mixed frozen veggies can be anywhere from $2-5 (buying similar fresh veggies to prepare would proly cost you about $10), depending on the brand, and then $3 for Panda Express's sauce, or $2 for a bottle of teriyaki or soy sauce...not to mention ginger, garlic, etc. Making it yourself is only really cost effective if you routinely have that other stuff.

It used to be, that our gov't subsidised food that people ate...now we subsidise feed corn and soybeans, which people turn into ingredients to be put into food-like substances. So...unless you are buying in bulk and have the time and storage space, a bag of chips is cheaper than a potato and kool-aid is cheaper than juice.

Rae'ya
24 Jan 2014, 05:10
Yeah I saw how it was in America when we went grocery shopping. It's not quite so bad over here, but there's still a perception the pre-packaged is a lot cheaper than from-scratch. But we usually spend about $150 on groceries a fortnight... which a lot less than we just spent the other day. But it was still cheaper than eating out everyday, which is the other misperception.

When you factor in a weekly bill vs individual ingredients... that block of cheese and block of butter and pack of pasta is actually like four meals, not one. So it spreads out over the week. I just couldn't believe how much more we spent on pre-packaged stuff than we usually do.

Rowanwood
24 Jan 2014, 06:24
I find cooking myself FAR cheaper, in the long run, too. If you won't eat leftovers or plan what you are going to make it doesn't work. I think the whole "packaged is cheaper" is actually due to a lack in the skills to make food, not the food itself.

A bag of beans, a bag of rice, some veggies and a small piece of meat could feed a family for a week if you were careful. It would suck, mind you, but it could be done.

B. de Corbin
24 Jan 2014, 06:50
this was my dinner last night -

Chunk of round steak, about to go out of date $10.00, used half ($5).
Package of tortillas, $1.00, used 4 out of twenty ($0.20)
1 green pepper, $0.75
2 Roma tomatoes $0.75
1/2 onion $0.12
various spices, hot sauce, etc. $0.50

Total cost, $7.32

fed me, wife, and one for dog (- the onion), making it $3.66 per person, not including dog.

And very good, too!

Medusa
24 Jan 2014, 19:16
Cheese weinee hot dogs!

Rae'ya
25 Jan 2014, 01:09
I find cooking myself FAR cheaper, in the long run, too. If you won't eat leftovers or plan what you are going to make it doesn't work. I think the whole "packaged is cheaper" is actually due to a lack in the skills to make food, not the food itself.

A bag of beans, a bag of rice, some veggies and a small piece of meat could feed a family for a week if you were careful. It would suck, mind you, but it could be done.

Yep, and Corbin's example is a really good indication of how pre-packaged food is generally false economy.

My husband and I were single income for over twelve months when he first moved to Aus, because he wasn't allowed to work until the spouse visa was approved. I made $700 a week, rent came out fortnightly ($540) on the same week the car payment came out. On a rent week we were lucky to have $50 in the bank. Amongst everything else we managed on about $100-$150 on groceries a fortnight, and ate WELL on that, because we were smart about what we bought. Now we eat like kings, and still spend less than $200 a fortnight.

Right now, I'm tossing up whether I have fish and boiled veg for dinner (alas, no steamer in the hotel apartment) or whether I cave and have peanut butter on toast.

I forget to get the lamb chops out of the freezer this morning before I left for the hospital :(

Hawkfeathers
25 Jan 2014, 06:34
People think they're getting a bargain on the McDonald's "dollar menu". Yeah, OK, so a parent with 2 kids goes. There's $3. on the sandwiches, and add for soda, milk, etc., etc. and OF COURSE it would have been cheaper to eat at home.

I'm about to make scrambled eggs in a few minutes.

thalassa
25 Jan 2014, 06:55
Just made blueberry pancakes for the kids...and a green smoothie for me.

Ophidia
25 Jan 2014, 09:27
Leftover baked salmon w/barbecue sauce, & a cuppa decaf coffee.

MaskedOne
25 Jan 2014, 15:19

because no one saw this answer coming, right?

ChainLightning
25 Jan 2014, 18:02
Hot ham and cheese on wheat.

x2

Rae'ya
25 Jan 2014, 18:09
Hot ham and cheese on wheat.

x2

When Americans say 'on wheat', what do they actually mean? Bread obviously, but white bread or brown/wholemeal bread?

Sometimes the English language is very strange.

Rowanwood
25 Jan 2014, 18:17
When Americans say 'on wheat', what do they actually mean? Bread obviously, but white bread or brown/wholemeal bread?

Sometimes the English language is very strange.

We mean not white bread, but whole wheat bread. Like this: http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID24730/images/bread_machine_bread(1).jpg

Rae'ya
25 Jan 2014, 18:22
We call that wholemeal bread, or brown bread.

(I know a few people who call it cardboard. lol)

Personally I prefer wholegrain bread, which has whole grains and seeds in it. But do you think I can make hubby eat it?

Rowanwood
25 Jan 2014, 19:01

Personally I prefer wholegrain bread, which has whole grains and seeds in it. But do you think I can make hubby eat it?

My hubby likes white bread best too, but I buy the whole grain when I can...though some of that is actually worse than white bread here, all full of crazy sugar and stuff.

Rae'ya
25 Jan 2014, 19:13
My hubby likes white bread best too, but I buy the whole grain when I can...though some of that is actually worse than white bread here, all full of crazy sugar and stuff.

Bread in America was weird. Granted, I only ate bread in Louisiana, but it was... odd.

Rick
25 Jan 2014, 19:42

I didn't care for whole wheat bread til I found the 7 grains and honey version. Mmm... I haven't eaten white bread since...

Rae'ya
25 Jan 2014, 19:53
I didn't care for whole wheat bread til I found the 7 grains and honey version. Mmm... I haven't eaten white bread since...

It's the grains that bother hubby. I remember being a kid and thinking that 'grainy bread' was the worst thing ever... but tastes change lol.

I actually eat very little bread, because I produce too much insulin. So when I do eat bread I want to make sure that I'm going to enjoy it... otherwise it's just a wasted carb-fest that is going to ruin my day.

Rowanwood
26 Jan 2014, 11:56
Snowed in, so i'm actually home instead of doing mom stuff. Just had apples with cream cheese and put cinnamon schnapps in my coffee. Its 2pm. It's drinkin' time.

Hawkfeathers
26 Jan 2014, 12:17
Its 2pm. It's drinkin' time.

Now that's my kind of thinking!!!!

Bjorn
26 Jan 2014, 12:19
Snowed in, so i'm actually home instead of doing mom stuff. Just had apples with cream cheese and put cinnamon schnapps in my coffee. Its 2pm. It's drinkin' time.

Yes. It is! It's Sunday. I need a bloody mary!

Clive
28 Jan 2014, 14:11
I've found that when left to my own devices, I tend toward whole foods, almost a combination raw food-fruitarian diet. I get my produce from the farmer's market and buy "processed" whatever I can't find there - meat, eggs, milk, rice, cereal; kitchen staples I can't get at the market, basically. I also buy frozen vegetables at the grocery store because they keep longer and are supposedly frozen at their peak freshness. I don't (yet) know any farmers who sell meat, eggs or milk, but I'd be interested to find some and compare prices.

I took the bus downtown and back this morning so I could hit the market and got some great stuff for good prices - four papayas for one dollar, for example. One woman even tossed me a free bunch of apple bananas. :D I bought two avocados and lost one somewhere along my way home, but oh well. Maybe some needy person will find it.

Currently eating a banana, an orange, and coffee (which I take these days with honey and ground cinnamon). Will be having leftover stir fry later.

Ophidia
28 Jan 2014, 17:31
Just fnished a bowl of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra ice cream with a bourbon chocolate sauce & whipped cream.

It's so damned good. Like, indescribably good.

thalassa
28 Jan 2014, 17:38

This will be my tomorrow, but with icewine and brandy.

I wonder if I could do the peach recipe (http://www.kittlingridge.com/pdf/Icewine_Brandy_Recipe_Card.pdf) with frozen peaches (I have some left over from the summer)?

Ariel
23 Feb 2014, 14:42
Something really horrible for me! A peanut butter and fluff sandwich. So good, but so bad.

Bjorn
23 Feb 2014, 15:41
Quinoa, lentil, corn, onion slop with grated cheese in a corn tortilla.

Clive
23 Feb 2014, 16:16
Mixed vegetables and "antioxidant blend" fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate seeds) with Greek yogurt.

volcaniclastic
23 Feb 2014, 17:19
Homemade quinoa-tempeh burgers, sautéed spinach, and gf rhubarb-wild berry crumble (all picked from my garden last summer)

#hipster

MaskedOne
23 Feb 2014, 17:22
Pizza.........

Medusa
24 Feb 2014, 00:22
Sourdough bread with buttah and rotisere cheeken with lemon pepper. And a side of red grapes. With a Diet Dr Pepper

B. de Corbin
24 Feb 2014, 14:34
Cabbage soup.

We made corned beef Saturday, and I made soup out of the boil water.

Medusa
24 Feb 2014, 15:00
Cabbage soup.

We made corned beef Saturday, and I made soup out of the boil water.

Mm corned beef. Even though I'm Hispanic, once a year my godmother busted out the cornedbeef, deli mustard and a loaf of rye and we went to town.

Cabbage...ewwie

B. de Corbin
24 Feb 2014, 16:53
Mm corned beef. Even though I'm Hispanic, once a year my godmother busted out the cornedbeef, deli mustard and a loaf of rye and we went to town.

Cabbage...ewwie

LOL - the corned beef on rye is a big treat for us, too.

The cabbage soup is probably an acquired taste, though ;)

Monk
24 Feb 2014, 17:15
Lamb kofta with broiled red and green peppers, onions, and, carrots , yogurt-tahini sauce, fattoosh, hummus, Lebanese rice and pita bread. It's my Saturday so I have time to cook a really good dinner. The only things I didn't make was the hummus and bread. :)

Clive
24 Feb 2014, 20:03
Macadamia nuts because it's dinnertime and I'm going out with my friend but he's being slow.

volcaniclastic
25 Feb 2014, 06:50
http://i.imgur.com/K2KH025.jpg

Dat. I'm eating dat.

Bjorn
25 Feb 2014, 13:10
Peppered turkey, pepperjack cheese, spicy mustard, on marbled rye.

Clive
26 Feb 2014, 18:52
Fried egg and ham with Swiss cheese on an English muffin with a crappy salad and an apple.

Medusa
27 Feb 2014, 00:16
Fried egg and ham with Swiss cheese on an English muffin with a crappy salad and an apple.

That actually sounds good!

Cold pizza with green olive juice chaser. Yes. I eat a bite of pizza and swig it with green olive juice. I'm totally prepared for zombie apocalypse. Some zombie is gonna get a tummy ache chewing on me.

Willow
27 Feb 2014, 14:55
Right now, hot chocolate. Have a brisket slow-cooking for supper.

anubisa
27 Feb 2014, 17:36
Animal crackers. Feeling crappy today. I hope i'm not sick.

Clive
27 Feb 2014, 18:20
Something that started out as an omelette, but ended up resembling scrambled eggs with red peppers and onions. Also a little salad and cucumber spears.

Botanical Animal
27 Feb 2014, 18:51
Last thing I ate, I cooked. Got in the kitchen and I threw down, ya'll!
Apricot and golden raisin stuff pork tenderloin, that I covered in ground fennel, ground mustard seed, smoked paprika, salt/pepper and seared off. Then I stuck it in a roasting pan and covered it in balsamic vinegar and tons of onions/garlic.

Then I made homemade scalloped potatoes with onions, garlic, Gruyere and sharp cheddar.

Washed it down with some Dogfish Head 60minute and I was one happy guy!

Bjorn
28 Feb 2014, 07:19
Egg with delicious runny yolk soaking into this marbled rye toast. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

anunitu
28 Feb 2014, 08:21
Yumm Yolks! I always love pancakes with a couple over easy eggs on top,then let the yolk run all over with syrup and butter.

Medusa
28 Feb 2014, 13:12
I like sunny side up eggs. And I only dip my toast points into it with Chalula Hot sauce on it. I don't actually eat the egg.

Eating pizza. Because that is what I am. A pizza.

thalassa
28 Feb 2014, 16:48
Just made the most delicious chicken ever.

Can't eat it because our throats hurt too much.

(remind self: garlic, Parmesan, lemon pepper, and basil are delicious chicken seasonings when used together)

ChainLightning
28 Feb 2014, 19:12
White Castles.

With cheese.

Rae'ya
28 Feb 2014, 19:18
Homemade Saag Paneer.

Because my husband is awesome.

nbdy
05 Mar 2014, 15:43
Pecans. Raw. Tons of them. Should put these things away.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
05 Mar 2014, 16:27
A sandwich.
Reminiscing over a good night of lovin'.

Clive
06 Mar 2014, 10:24
A guy I work with hunts boar and processes the meat into smoked pork. He sold me a bag, very delicious. Today he's trading me two more bags for an electric vaporizer pen. I'm gonna turn some of it into pork fried rice.

Bjorn
06 Mar 2014, 22:42
1 Yukon Gold potato, chopped up
1/2 Vidalia onion
1/2 can diced tomatoes + the juices
2 overeasy eggs put on top.

This was dinner and will be my lunch mush for tomorrow and I shall put this delicious slop into a corn tortilla. All the office shall be busy, and I shall read my book, and be "HAHA" in silent pomposity.

Clive
06 Mar 2014, 22:46
My co-worker didn't come through with the pig, so I made up something on the spot for dinner:

Chopped up chicken breast fried in olive oil with red onions and red bell pepper, seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper. To this I then added a can of tomato soup and a can of diced tomatos, including the juice, added a bit more pepper and garlic, heated it through, and then poured over wholewheat rotini, complete with Parmesan. It was quite good, I'll be having the rest at work tonight. I only wish I had basil and oregano on hand.

Denarius
10 Mar 2014, 22:30
Slowcooker beef stew. Lots of vegetables. Bitter and smoky, like good coffee. Probably all the beer, wine, and heavy vegetables I put in it.

I like it though, goes well with a glass of dr pepper.

Hekla
10 Mar 2014, 22:42
Donuts. So bad but so...so tasty...

Gleb
10 Mar 2014, 22:57
Well, since it's morning here, I have a big cup of tea, 2 cheese toasts and 3 pretzels. yummy!

Clive
13 Mar 2014, 12:05
Work was stressful last night, so I had a stress lunch: Red Baron Supreme French Bread Pizza, a Reese's White Peanut Butter Egg, and a Cadbury Creme Egg.

Tonight I'm fixing pork stir fry. I cooked a ton of rice yesterday so I will have plenty of leftovers to make pork fried rice tomorrow.

volcaniclastic
13 Mar 2014, 18:06
Stirfry. Filled with tofu and tons of fresh veggies. It wasn't the best stirfry I've ever made, but hot damn, anything that isn't eggs, beans, or rice is amazing right now (I have been living off the aformentioned three for two weeks now :/ )

B. de Corbin
15 Mar 2014, 15:36
Grilled portobello caps, with soy sauce.

Super yummy!

volcaniclastic
15 Mar 2014, 16:19
Some weird concoction of canned tuna, boiled potatoes, dijon, celery, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, and dill and parsley. Tastes better cold than it did hot last night.

Clive
15 Mar 2014, 23:28
Some weird concoction of canned tuna, boiled potatoes, dijon, celery, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, and dill and parsley. Tastes better cold than it did hot last night.

That actually sounds pretty good, like it could be a combination potato-fish cake.

Breakfast: Fried egg, turkey bacon and cheddar on multigrain bread, a kiwifruit, an apple banana, and coffee.

Bjorn
16 Mar 2014, 09:05
2 corn tortillas
2 pinches of cheeses
2 smears of homemade guacamoles (made by a friend that, for some reason, my heart has decided to attach to momentarily)

Rolled up. Microwaved (because I'm impatient, ok). EATEN.

:T

Haseo
16 Mar 2014, 18:42
Just made the most delicious chicken ever.

Can't eat it because our throats hurt too much.

(remind self: garlic, Parmesan, lemon pepper, and basil are delicious chicken seasonings when used together)

*Note to self: Mix Garlic Parmesan and Lemon Pepper wing sauces at work*

Clive
16 Mar 2014, 22:32
Cheddar cheese omelette, Raisin Bran with flaxseed, apple banana, coffee.

Hawkfeathers
13 Apr 2014, 16:44
I know these buzzfeed quizzes are silly, but I liked this one a lot. And I scored a 52.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/joannaborns/how-extreme-is-your-devotion-to-pizza

thalassa
13 Apr 2014, 18:14
Spent all day cooking and doing food prep work for the weeks meals, so we went to denny's rather than do dishes and cook.

Also, made sorbet because it was 85 degrees today. Which sucks because the ac is out on my car.

desertrat
14 Apr 2014, 06:18
Smoked porkchops mash potatos and corn

Maria de Luna
14 Apr 2014, 06:39
Smoked porkchops mash potatos and corn
Now I'm hungry

neráida
16 Apr 2014, 05:35
I'm about to have veggies and rice for lunch in about 90 minutes.

thalassa
16 Apr 2014, 10:33
i just snacked on a delicious handful of homemade chex mix!

Clive
16 Apr 2014, 10:48
Semi-weekly pizza ritual. This time it's jalapenos and mushrooms.

jcaternolo
16 Apr 2014, 14:32
Quiche with a side of rice

ThePaganMafia
19 Apr 2014, 07:46
I cooking chicken alfredo. Mmmmmm.

desertrat
20 Apr 2014, 03:31
Navajo taco on homemade fry bread with chilli beans

thalassa
20 Apr 2014, 04:34

I have a cousin that is married to a Navajo man...damn good food was always found at their house, of which you have just reminded me.

(feel free to post recipes in the "cookbook" section, lol)

ThePaganMafia
20 Apr 2014, 08:42
Im frying some catfish up. Love fish.

Clive
20 Apr 2014, 09:32
A French toast and sausage "Tornado," which is sort of a cross between a taquito and a wrap sold in convenience stores. It's cold, even though I just bought it, but still tasty.

Medusa
20 Apr 2014, 23:38

This sounds so yummy.

I was gonna just have a bologna and tapatio sammy and call it a night. I'm tired and have to get up early again. I had to work both jobs. So I'm sorta dunzo.

So the lady of the house was in the kitchen wanting a snack. She opened a Marie Calender's pie box and shared! It's strawberry cream with whipped cream. And I guess chocolate pudding at the bottom. OMG.

Denarius
21 Apr 2014, 00:13

I live on a reservation and have mexican family members, indian tacos were a thing that happened. They're all bundled up with abstract concepts like summer, family, and childhood.

I'm eating a ham and mashed potato sandwich right now. With a liberal addition of pickles and jalapenos.

thalassa
21 Apr 2014, 08:19
leftover "s'getti" (as my kids would say)

Amunet
21 Apr 2014, 22:30
I subscribe to one of those "mail you a box of stuff" type things every month XD It's based upon travel to destinations around the world :)
Anywho, this month's box is about Mexico and the last thing I ate was from this box: Lucas, Mango.

It's a candy powder thing that has at least 3 distinct flavors ... but you taste them one at a time! 1st: Sweet ... very Yummy, 2nd: Not sweet, more soury/citrus, 3rd: Spicy ... and more spicy.

Lol it's the most interesting thing I've ever had! And those flavors don't meld together well ... you can taste when they switch gears. Just fascinating o.o

I ramble, FYI

Clive
02 May 2014, 13:12
The store I work at is having a 3 for $7 deal on those newfangled Chips Ahoy "Ice Cream Creation" things. I got Mocha Chunk, Root Beer Float, and Mint Chocolate Chip flavored cookies. I passed on Dulce de Leche because I didn't know what it was. I'd rather have actual ice cream, but I still have an addiction of sorts to sweets, so I need to put these cookies away.

desertrat
02 May 2014, 15:12
Just got done mixing up my homemade ranch dressing about 15mins on grill then ribeye steaks a baked patatos to go with a nice fresh salad 30-45 mins dinners done.

Medusa
02 May 2014, 22:54
CHERRIES! omg CHERRIES! Paid $5 for a 2.5 lb bag. But I've been eating them for 3 days now!

volcaniclastic
03 May 2014, 05:07
CHERRIES! omg CHERRIES! Paid $5 for a 2.5 lb bag. But I've been eating them for 3 days now!

That day is a few months off for me, yet, but the day they arrive in Yellowknife, bank account, watch out!

I am eating a little bowl of plain yogurt with raw honey and wild blueberries, and two slices of pumperknickel bread with almond butter for brekky.

anunitu
03 May 2014, 05:32
AHHH,California cherry season...how I miss those sweet and tangy treats..to expensive here in the East...

Rae'ya
04 May 2014, 20:57
Cherry season is around Christmas here in Adelaide. We have several cherry farms where you can go and pick your own and get an enormous box for about $10.

Last year's season was so bad, though, that pick-your-own was scrapped and the prices rocketed. They just didn't have the crops to be able to do it. :(

Anyways... right now I'm eating leftover lasagne that I made last night. Technically, it's vegetarian lasagne made with Quorn, because I don't eat ground meat. And my nephew, who usually doesn't eat my mum's lasagne because he doesn't like bechemal sauce, capsicum or crunchy veggies, told me last night "I love your cooking" (despite the bechemal sauce, capsicum and al dente veggies). :D

Medusa
04 May 2014, 21:20
Cherries!!!! I WANT!

Anywho. I made a home made flatbread pizza. I found these round whole wheat flatbreads at the Mexican market. A pack of 4 thick tortilla sized flatbreads for just $2. So I have 2 packs. I put on spaghetti sauce (which has mushrooms and is WAAAY cheaper then buying 'pizza' sauce) Added pepperoni, red bell peppers, pineapple and black olives. So good. I would have added jalapenos, but I was out. Still popped it in the toaster oven and now it's going in mah mouth.

Gleb
05 May 2014, 01:08
Some cheese, curd on 2 small pieces of bread, some rice and milk -crazy, huh?

thalassa
06 May 2014, 04:15
That day is a few months off for me, yet, but the day they arrive in Yellowknife, bank account, watch out!

Ditto...if you sub "Norfolk" for Yellowknife. I only like Ranier cherries, and they are more of a June/July thing.

volcaniclastic
06 May 2014, 06:35
Ditto...if you sub "Norfolk" for Yellowknife. I only like Ranier cherries, and they are more of a June/July thing.

I will pay an inordinate amount of money for Rainier cherries. Which is good, I guess, since that's how much they cost in Canada...

I had a banana-peach-almond butter smoothie for breakfast...that I chased with chocolate Turtles. (somebody PLEASE get the last of the easter candy outta my house!)

Clive
06 May 2014, 14:56
My new roomie took me to Zippy's (an awesome restaurant) after work this morning. I ordered a turkey sandwich with onion rings. It was kind of disappointing because Zippy's has so much awesome food, but the sandwich was kind of plain. It was good and all, but I was expecting a hot sandwich dripping with gravy, not a small cold one.

Willow
07 May 2014, 15:57
Roast sirloin, salad and onions roasted in beef broth and herbs.

thalassa
07 May 2014, 16:46
I will pay an inordinate amount of money for Rainier cherries. Which is good, I guess, since that's how much they cost in Canada...

Yeah, I think they are something like $5 a pound, in season here. And I never see them out of season. Supposedly they grow in zones 4-8...so I wonder how hard it is to have a Ranier cherry tree.

Medusa
07 May 2014, 17:31
I haven't had any of those cherries. How are they different then regular ones?

Juniper
07 May 2014, 19:00
I just ate cottage cheese.

Willow
08 May 2014, 12:58
Goulash :)

volcaniclastic
10 May 2014, 05:31
I haven't had any of those cherries. How are they different then regular ones?

They are light pink, and not as strong as Bing cherries (the usual kind).

I'm eating banana pancakes, pretending it's the weekend (but it's not the weekend for me, because now I'm going to get ready to go to work)

desertrat
11 May 2014, 10:33
Just got done baking a blue velvet layer cake for desert for the mother's day dinner I'm cooking for my mom and wife.

Willow
11 May 2014, 13:45
Doughnuts.

Denarius
13 May 2014, 15:02
Tacos made from rotisserie chicken, tajin seasoned of course, with homemade guacamole and refried black beans.

volcaniclastic
14 May 2014, 06:52
Tacos made from rotisserie chicken, tajin seasoned of course, with homemade guacamole and refried black beans.

That sounds delicious.

I have this trend of making waffles on my day off. It's my day off. I'm eating waffles.

MaskedOne
14 May 2014, 07:02
I will be eating pizza in an hour or two.

Denarius
26 May 2014, 00:53
Head cheese sandwich. Last chunk from the loaf too, just the way I like it, so it's tender on one side and chewy on the other.

With dusseldorf mustard, homemade pickles, yellow mayo and gullet.

anubisa
26 May 2014, 18:24
Had a crunchy peanut butter sandwich.

esotericS
26 May 2014, 19:17
I had Roasted Pine Nut Hummus with Whole Grain Pita Chips. Mmmm

Willow
05 Jun 2014, 07:57
Coffee. Coffee is nice.

Denarius
06 Jun 2014, 01:10
Homemade hawaiian pizza. Grilled honey ham, pickled pineapple, and dried jalapeno flakes.

The crust turned out poofy and uneven, but it was still fine.

Heka
07 Jun 2014, 06:35
Just had the most amazing tapas, some stuffed zucchini flowers, haloumi, polenta chips and chilli potatoes, followed by paella, with sangria.....

I love the city

mahgdelain
07 Jun 2014, 13:58
Nibbling on some cucumber and dill tea sandwiches with iced berry tea and lemon.

Medusa
07 Jun 2014, 20:30
So at work my boss buys us food for the 3 day parking lot sale. Today we had tri-tip, roasted chicken, mashed taters, bbq bakes beans, garlic sticks and ceasar salad. Oh yeah. THIS is why I love this job. Plus he bought me lots of Diet Dr Pepper throughout the day. :o

Carlin
13 Jun 2014, 06:56
Tortillas again. :D They're about to go out of date so I'm coming up with new fillings for them. Breakfast was tortillas with peanut butter, banana and cocoa powder (good). Lunch was tortillas with scrambled egg (less good) and sun-dried tomatoes as a side dish, and tea is about to be tortillas with onion, mushrooms, garlic and tahini.

owlsandtigers
13 Jun 2014, 19:34
cookie dough ice cream :D

Amadi
14 Jun 2014, 01:17
Toast. With Jam =3

Willow
14 Jun 2014, 09:21
The last of my loose-leaf tea, but ice cream sounds really good.

Medusa
25 Jun 2014, 22:06
Mexican rice with green olives in it. And some Wisconsin Cheddar sausage! Soo good.:)

thalassa
26 Jun 2014, 09:27
a green smoothie and GF pretzles

Rhaethe
26 Jun 2014, 12:27
Soup -- it has brown rice, tomatoes, green chiles, corn, black beans, chicken

I can already tell my husband is going to want the separate blanket on the bed come sleepytime.

Torey
27 Jun 2014, 03:15
Homemade slow-cooker chili con carne ;)

Rae'ya
27 Jun 2014, 04:02
Torey's homemade slow-cooker chilli. Which is fabulous.

I love my husband...

(...and his cooking)

thalassa
27 Jun 2014, 10:29
Fresh mozzarella (the last of it til next Saturday morning) with tomatoes and black olives, tossed in my special basil-kale pesto with sunflower oil instead of olive oil and some basalmic

Juniper
27 Jun 2014, 11:30
Garlic chicken from Aloha Grill. Mmmm

nbdy
27 Jun 2014, 12:31
Kale and homemade pasta with a dish side of goat yogurt, sour cherries, honey, and cinnamon.

Medusa
27 Jun 2014, 12:51
Mozzarella filled corn quesadillas with spanish rice (which re-heated wonderfully in the microwave!)

Rhaethe
27 Jun 2014, 13:49
Just finished dinner ... corned beef hash, fried eggs over medium

YUM!!!

What ... breakfast food is not just for breakfast. :^^: I lovelovelove breakfast food.

moonixir
08 Jul 2014, 16:03
So right now I'm enjoying dinner which consists of porkchops, seasoned french fries with steamed veggies :) My stomach is very happy, and my animals are very jealous!

Medusa
09 Jul 2014, 00:05
Oh lord. Some takis Fuego and a pig poppa pickle. With a side of bing cherries and a Diet Dr Pepper.
For those who are not blessed with the awesome snack:
http://snortramen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/barcel-takis-fuego.jpg

My mouth is on fiarrrrrr

DyslexicPagan
09 Jul 2014, 09:24
two cheese dogs on low-carb bread with a yummy green tea chai latte.

Shahaku
09 Jul 2014, 09:35
ooo. I made an amazing crockpot dinner last night. Even my hubby liked it. Maple Dijon Chicken. Chicken, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar, onion, mushroom. Crockpot low 6 hours.

Willow
09 Jul 2014, 16:31
Baked garlic chicken and rice.

moonixir
10 Jul 2014, 20:30
Pistachio ice-cream :)

Torey
11 Jul 2014, 04:04
My homemade chimichangas.

Ophidia
11 Jul 2014, 14:55
An Abba Zabba and a cup of coffee. The breakfast of champions!

moonixir
13 Jul 2014, 14:53
OMG. Boston Market! It's so delicious!

B. de Corbin
26 Jul 2014, 19:36
Anchovies on crackers. The Food o' de Gods.

Hawkfeathers
26 Jul 2014, 19:48
Mozzarella on Rosemary Triscuits and Gouda on Dill ones. Just a trial run, a taste test if you will, for tomorrow.

Rhaethe
26 Jul 2014, 20:01
greek yogurt and fresh blueberries

Heka
26 Jul 2014, 22:59
Mozzarella on Rosemary Triscuits and Gouda on Dill ones. Just a trial run, a taste test if you will, for tomorrow.

Sounds yummy!

Im eating trail mix :)

thalassa
27 Jul 2014, 06:29
french toast with fresh peaches

Hawkfeathers
28 Jul 2014, 13:46
Major treat today - Pacific Spot Prawns in butter/lemon/garlic sauce.

thalassa
28 Jul 2014, 16:00
Sam's Texas Sub Shop's daily special---today it was a sub called The Beast

Medusa
28 Jul 2014, 17:51
Currently a slightly under ripe plum. The kind that has a bit of yellow on it. I specifically picked these ones out for that tart bite. Makes my mouth pucker!

And in about an hour or 2, some home made pasta salad with black olives and red bell peppers mixed in. I have to let it do its thang in the fridge. :p

Rae'ya
28 Jul 2014, 18:22
Leftover Qorn spag bog with lots of veg, spelt spaghetti and extra sharp parmesan/pecorino blend.

Heka
28 Jul 2014, 23:27
Leftover Qorn spag bog with lots of veg, spelt spaghetti and extra sharp parmesan/pecorino blend.

Omg how good is quorn? I made about 6 lasagnas on sunday with quorn mince. Its amazing

Rae'ya
29 Jul 2014, 02:12
Omg how good is quorn? I made about 6 lasagnas on sunday with quorn mince. Its amazing

I use it for lasagne and spag bog. We don't eat mince (I dislike the texture... urgh) but Quorn gives a close enough flavour with that soft texture that I don't mind at all, and which I can feed to the rest of my family without them really noticing the difference.

We've also tried some of their other products, but the mince is the one that we use on a regular basis, because that's the only meat substitute that we really need/want.

Heka
29 Jul 2014, 02:33
I use it for lasagne and spag bog. We don't eat mince (I dislike the texture... urgh) but Quorn gives a close enough flavour with that soft texture that I don't mind at all, and which I can feed to the rest of my family without them really noticing the difference.

We've also tried some of their other products, but the mince is the one that we use on a regular basis, because that's the only meat substitute that we really need/want.

Its the one I use most too. I can also get the sausages here and the cheese and spinach schnitzel. The sausages are horrrrible. I buy woolworth branded sausages. The schnitzel is amazing! But a bit naughty... apparently there are other quorn products, but ive never seen them irl.

The only other fake meat I buy with any regularity is sanitatium fake bacon. Its so yummy, but naughty.

Rae'ya
29 Jul 2014, 02:39
Its the one I use most too. I can also get the sausages here and the cheese and spinach schnitzel. The sausages are horrrrible. I buy woolworth branded sausages. The schnitzel is amazing! But a bit naughty... apparently there are other quorn products, but ive never seen them irl.

The only other fake meat I buy with any regularity is sanitatium fake bacon. Its so yummy, but naughty.

We've tried the schnitzels, which I agree were good and also their sausage rolls. I've also seen fake-chicken strips, hamburger patties, meatballs, and something like fake-chicken and mushroom pies

Hawkfeathers
29 Jul 2014, 04:14
Qorn spag bog

What exactly is that??? Never heard of it before.

Heka
29 Jul 2014, 04:35

Quorn is a brand of meat substitutes.

Heka
29 Jul 2014, 04:36
We've tried the schnitzels, which I agree were good and also their sausage rolls. I've also seen fake-chicken strips, hamburger patties, meatballs, and something like fake-chicken and mushroom pies

Apparently there are 16 different varieties here is oz, but over 100 in the uk. I'd like to try the chicked strips, so I can have something other than tofu in my stirfries, and something different in my tacos etc. The more directly 'meaty' it is the better. I can make my own patties without the fake meatyness, I cant make my own fake chicken.

Quetzal
29 Jul 2014, 04:39
I ate tons of quorn when I first went vegetarian. Found it kinda yucky at first, but got used to the taste and ate it all the time. I can't eat it as a vegan, but I can't say I miss it to be honest.

Heka
29 Jul 2014, 05:08
I ate tons of quorn when I first went vegetarian. Found it kinda yucky at first, but got used to the taste and ate it all the time. I can't eat it as a vegan, but I can't say I miss it to be honest.

I thought the mince was vegan? Oh well. Another reason I cant be vegan! Haha

Hawkfeathers
29 Jul 2014, 05:23
Quorn is a brand of meat substitutes.

Oh, I see. Thanks!!!

Quetzal
29 Jul 2014, 05:30
I thought the mince was vegan? Oh well. Another reason I cant be vegan! Haha

Nope, all quorn products contain eggs and milk I'm afraid.

Rae'ya
29 Jul 2014, 05:34

Also... 'spag bog' is Australian for 'spaghetti bolognaise'.

We have a pathological incapability of calling anything by it's full name. :p

Quetzal
29 Jul 2014, 05:52
Also... 'spag bog' is Australian for 'spaghetti bolognaise'.

We have a pathological incapability of calling anything by it's full name. :p

It's spag bol in the UK. Bog is a slang term for toilet xD

Hawkfeathers
29 Jul 2014, 06:46
Italian Americans tend to cut the vowels off a lot of words and some things are just...odd...like "cavatelli" (a certain shape of pasta) is "gabadeel" and "capicola" (a lunch meat) is "gabagool". This is mainly among those with roots in southern Italy.

Carlin
29 Jul 2014, 13:18
Wine. Does that count? :D

Rae'ya
29 Jul 2014, 23:27

Bog is a (lesser used) slang for toilet here too, but we still use it for spag bog lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Italian Americans tend to cut the vowels off a lot of words and some things are just...odd...like "cavatelli" (a certain shape of pasta) is "gabadeel" and "capicola" (a lunch meat) is "gabagool". This is mainly among those with roots in southern Italy.

We have some odd food slangs too... snag, sanga, grog, dog's eye (best eaten with dead horse), bickie, spuds, savs, little boys, bum nuts, googs... then some not odd ones like pav, chockies, lollies... not to mention all the non-food slangs.

I grew up in country Victoria, surrounded by country people who actually use Aussie slang in everyday conversation. City people often don't know all the slang, or try to say that we don't really talk like that... but country people do! Torey had a hard time adjusting to the language... I still have to translate sometimes, like when he met my biological dad for the first time earlier this year.

Heka
29 Jul 2014, 23:30
Bog is a (lesser used) slang for toilet here too, but we still use it for spag bog lol.

- - - Updated - - -

We have some odd food slangs too... snag, sanga, grog, dog's eye (best eaten with dead horse), bickie, spuds, savs, little boys, bum nuts, googs... then some not odd ones like pav, chockies, lollies... not to mention all the non-food slangs.

I grew up in country Victoria, surrounded by country people who actually use Aussie slang in everyday conversation. City people often don't know all the slang, or try to say that we don't really talk like that... but country people do! Torey had a hard time adjusting to the language... I still have to translate sometimes, like when he met my biological dad for the first time earlier this year.

same out here. But thats cos we're bogans.

It also gets confusing when you grew up using local indigenous words casually in your own speaking, then you go out of your area and still use them.

Denarius
29 Jul 2014, 23:41
Do you always clarify bologwhatsit, or is assuming that spaghetti always comes with meat sauce just an american thing?

Torey
29 Jul 2014, 23:43

Spaghetti toilet lol

Rae'ya
30 Jul 2014, 00:07
Do you always clarify bologwhatsit, or is assuming that spaghetti always comes with meat sauce just an american thing?

We pretty much always call it spaghetti bolognaise or spag bog, or just spaghetti... but never just bolognaise. But spaghetti does always come with meat sauce... and if you make spaghetti without meat sauce then you call it 'pasta'. I think that made sense.

Torey
30 Jul 2014, 00:12
We pretty much always call it spaghetti bolognaise or spag bog, or just spaghetti... but never just bolognaise. But spaghetti does always come with meat sauce... and if you make spaghetti without meat sauce then you call it 'pasta'. I think that made sense.

Unless it's carbonara.

Heka
30 Jul 2014, 01:17

Whereas I default to pasta, because I make very little spag bog.

Carlin
01 Aug 2014, 09:29
Lentil bolognaise and vanoffee chocolate.

Girlgoyle
01 Aug 2014, 10:23
Made a smoothie in the blender - Almond milk, orange juice, banana,peach, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, flax seed oil

Munin-Hugin
02 Aug 2014, 15:40
I made some slow cooked boneless pork ribs for dinner this evening. Had them in the oven for seven hours in maple syrup, brown mustard, Worcestershire sauce, a little hot sauce, garlic salt, and ginger. Settling down now to eat until I'm ready to burst, and topping it all off with a bottle of elderflower hard cider.

Medusa
02 Aug 2014, 23:51
potato salad, and strawberries.

Carlin
12 Aug 2014, 12:46
Rice noodles, onion, mushrooms, garlic and tahini. With dark chocolate for after.

Heka
13 Aug 2014, 04:40
I made a chia pudding! It was soooo yummy!!!

Carlin
16 Aug 2014, 10:56
I made a chia pudding! It was soooo yummy!!!

I'm jealous. :D Chia seeds and my digestive system don't go together, but I've seen so many yummy looking recipes!

Hawkfeathers
16 Aug 2014, 11:36
Blue corn chips with chipotle salsa.

Heka
17 Aug 2014, 05:00
I'm jealous. :D Chia seeds and my digestive system don't go together, but I've seen so many yummy looking recipes!

Chia is so yummy. Sucks that your guts dont like em!

Carlin
18 Aug 2014, 10:24
Chia is so yummy. Sucks that your guts dont like em! It does! :D So many goey chocolate puddings...

thalassa
23 Aug 2014, 04:23
Eggs in a basket with fried taters.

I had a craving for real butter...

Hippie at Heart
24 Aug 2014, 18:18
Right now I'm eating a ham sandwich. I need something in my stomach before I crawl into bed.

Medusa
24 Aug 2014, 22:56
Dried mangoes with chili!
http://www.thenuttyfruithouse.com/images/Dried%20Spicy%20Mango%203%20R.jpg

be jelly. You know you want dis!

thalassa
25 Aug 2014, 16:28
Dried mangoes with chili!
http://www.thenuttyfruithouse.com/images/Dried%20Spicy%20Mango%203%20R.jpg

be jelly. You know you want dis!

I. Want.

Where the heck do you get that?

It looks.

Wonderful.

I want dried mangoes with chili!!

(My fave snack is the Dollar Tree's chili lime peanuts mixed with dried cranberries)

(Right now I am eating kamut with veggies)

Medusa
25 Aug 2014, 16:41
I pick them up at my local gas station at the bus stop. But truth be told, you get them at almost every single liquor store, am/pm, Circle K and 7-11. This is why I specifically picked a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood to live.

The brand I get is King Henry's.
You can order them on-line! Check out all the Hispanic stuff they have.
http://kinghenrys.com/our-products/hispanic

It has the texture of like a dried apricot with tangy sugar sparkles on them. Sooo good.

Willow
28 Aug 2014, 11:37
Tea, chocolate. Roast piggy for supper.

thalassa
28 Aug 2014, 17:10
chipotle salmon salad with apples, mango, celery, green onion, and pickled garlic

it migh sound wierd, but its effin delish

Heka
28 Aug 2014, 17:18
Brownies. There are 10 kids in the whole highschool today, so its a write off, so were playing with henna and cooking brownies.

Carlin
29 Aug 2014, 13:24
Today was vegan pizza - I made it for my non-vegan family and they were quite impressed! :D

Nicholas
30 Aug 2014, 00:37
The last thing I ate was about an hour ago. It was a bag of panera bread kettle corn chips. And a red bull to go with it.

Heka
31 Aug 2014, 17:29
Peanut butter protein muffins.

And I got a new protein today. Chocolatey goodness. Cant wait to go to the gym so I can drinksies it!

nbdy
31 Aug 2014, 17:46
I just ate an apple. Before that salad mix, no dressing, just eating salad mix like potato chips. Before that brown rice with soy sauce, sriracha, and mozzarella cheese. Dinner. Yum. Goodnight.

Willow
01 Sep 2014, 19:58
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Because I need it!

Carlin
06 Sep 2014, 01:14
Apple and cinnamon porridge with hazelnut butter on the side.

Torey
06 Sep 2014, 01:15
Homemade mushroom soup.

Azvanna
06 Sep 2014, 03:19
Homemade mushroom soup.

and here I was hoping you'd say vegemite on hot buttered toast. :)

thalassa
06 Sep 2014, 04:22
about to have a nana, strawberry, and spinach smoothie (you don't taste the spinach) with peanut butter toast.