PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha Eatin'?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Aster Thrakena
19 Aug 2015, 06:21
I had a cut up banana smothered in honey and then would put peanut butter on my spoon. I then put the banana on top and ate it all in one bite <3 happiness in a spoon

kalynraye
19 Aug 2015, 10:14
I found cotton candy flavored grapes! (Well the hubby and gf found them when they were shopping last night. But still) YUM

Those are so damn good!!! Also I just ate a raspberry filled cheese danish.

Munin-Hugin
19 Aug 2015, 17:01
I've been eating so much crap today. Chef salad with cucumber ranch dressing, two quarter-lb hot dogs, a half bag of tortilla chips, some cheddar popcorn, and now some bacon sriracha ramen.

Munin-Hugin
20 Aug 2015, 16:29
More eating, and this time good stuff! I made a warm pasta salad, with cucumbers, crumbled bacon, tuna, and a cucumber ranch dressing.

Yorin
20 Aug 2015, 16:49
Not eating it *yet* but I totally have gumbo cooking downstairs and its making my house smell AMAZING. Dad's gunna be cranky cause I didn't make it spicy, but he can get over it and add his own Tabasco sauce or whatever

Munin-Hugin
20 Aug 2015, 17:14
Not eating it *yet* but I totally have gumbo cooking downstairs and its making my house smell AMAZING. Dad's gunna be cranky cause I didn't make it spicy, but he can get over it and add his own Tabasco sauce or whatever

That sounds great. But buy that man a bottle of sriracha!

Yorin
20 Aug 2015, 17:44
That sounds great. But buy that man a bottle of sriracha!

Dad actually isn't the biggest fan of sriracha sauce actually. But he does have his own hot sauces to put in it. I added a bit of cayenne pepper and paprika to give it a little bit of a kick, but nothing terribly hot

habbalah
20 Aug 2015, 18:45
Chocolate chip cookies with almond milk.

thalassa
21 Aug 2015, 03:19
Dad actually isn't the biggest fan of sriracha sauce actually.

This should probably be in unpopular opinions, but I agree. Aside from the fact that it is fun to say, its way overrated as a hot sauce.

<------makes her own hot sauce

Hawkfeathers
21 Aug 2015, 03:30
Mrs. Dog's Dangerously Hot Pepper Sauce is my favorite. Sometimes (here's the unpopular part) - I add black pepper, turmeric, and olive oil to it.

Munin-Hugin
21 Aug 2015, 05:06
This should probably be in unpopular opinions, but I agree. Aside from the fact that it is fun to say, its way overrated as a hot sauce.

<------makes her own hot sauce

Honestly, I like the flavor of Sriracha and use it for that much much more than the heat of it. If I'm looking for heat, I'll add a little homemade scotch bonnet puree to the dish.

B. de Corbin
25 Aug 2015, 18:28
While out walking the dog I found a load of lobster mushrooms and boletes:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x89/BdeCorbin/image.jpg1_zpsowxip9yh.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/BdeCorbin/media/image.jpg1_zpsowxip9yh.jpg.html)

I had to toss the huge one, it was buggy, but here's what was left with after cleaning:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x89/BdeCorbin/image.jpg2_zpsps0ifzgi.jpg (http://s184.photobucket.com/user/BdeCorbin/media/image.jpg2_zpsps0ifzgi.jpg.html)

Made a HUGE stir fry!

(Playing Russian Roulette with my belly again...)

habbalah
26 Aug 2015, 19:40
Leftover chicken pad Thai. Yum.

B. de Corbin
27 Aug 2015, 05:01
What I'm not eating - found two big, fat boletes and was going to have them for breakfast. On identification, though, they are not particularly good to eat.

Curses! Into the trash!

Hawkfeathers
27 Aug 2015, 09:41
Just had a shrimp po' boy!

Juniper
27 Aug 2015, 11:05
Had some Pho. Nomnom

anunitu
27 Aug 2015, 11:37
Had chicken breast pattie sammy...with honey mustard and Mayo..

B. de Corbin
27 Aug 2015, 15:27
Peanuts!!!

geoff
27 Aug 2015, 19:38
Working nights and just had a Pilchard Salad.

Willow
27 Aug 2015, 20:10
Fajitas and iced tea

habbalah
30 Aug 2015, 22:23
Boston Market steak and noodles in mushroom gravy (eh) and cheese bread sticks (delicious).

Medusa
30 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boston Market steak and noodles in mushroom gravy (eh) and cheese bread sticks (delicious).

There are very few of those chains left here. But when I was working in another city helping out another store, there was one across the street. Turkey dinners every night! So good.

thalassa
31 Aug 2015, 05:08
Green smoothie.

anunitu
31 Aug 2015, 05:14
There are very few of those chains left here. But when I was working in another city helping out another store, there was one across the street. Turkey dinners every night! So good.

Gonna ask Duce,are you old enough to remember Doggy Diner? I doubt anyone outside California ever heard of them. I loved their fries and burgers..

anunitu
31 Aug 2015, 10:40
Checked and Doggie diners were only in the SF Oakland bay area...Here is a pic..

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Doggie_Diner_head_in_San_Francisco,_1980.jpg/270px-Doggie_Diner_head_in_San_Francisco,_1980.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Considered so iconic in the bay area that SF designated the last one still in SF to be a city landmark...Ya had to be there...they did dogs and burgers and fries to compare to Micky D's

Hawkfeathers
31 Aug 2015, 19:38
turkey sandwich with mayo, tomato, & cucumber.

Willow
31 Aug 2015, 19:57
Ice cream with chocolate liqueur. ... it's food.

Medusa
31 Aug 2015, 19:58
Ice cream with chocolate liqueur. ... it's food.

http://i.imgur.com/rK3TdJx.gif

Willow
31 Aug 2015, 20:02
http://i.imgur.com/rK3TdJx.gif

Lol, that's awesome. ^^

anunitu
31 Aug 2015, 22:14
If it satisfies your deepest hunger,it is FOOD!!!!

Kiesha'ra
01 Sep 2015, 03:34
Strawberry banana crepes, easy-over egg, bacon and coffee

faye_cat
01 Sep 2015, 16:02
Baked salmon, cream of mushroom rice, mac and cheese, and cheese broccoli.

Bjorn
04 Sep 2015, 05:43
Baked salmon, cream of mushroom rice, mac and cheese, and cheese broccoli.

Well I WAS satisfied with my breakfast until I saw this. I would much rather have this.

I'm munching on some yogurt and granola, tearing the flesh off a navel orange, and sipping a cup of Mandarin Spice tea.

Willow
04 Sep 2015, 10:41
Roasted potatoes with cheese on top.

October
04 Sep 2015, 10:48
Ham sammich on whole wheat with mustard and mayonnaise. Very fancy.

faye_cat
04 Sep 2015, 10:49
Life saver gummies...I forgot any snacks for work.

Medusa
07 Sep 2015, 22:42
I thought my Tostito's Cantina salsa was over with! My market brought it back. And with the thin style Cantina chips. The only salsa I can eat without getting sick! Yay.

Näre
08 Sep 2015, 00:02
Pesto+potatoes+broccoli+olives+baicai+some Harissa paste+some soy sauce+herbal spice mix+juice

This looks too healthy and too colourful to be my lunch.

kalynraye
09 Sep 2015, 21:14
Since KP is stuck at work till 4 am I am having fruity pebbles for dinner.

Munin-Hugin
11 Sep 2015, 13:42
I haven't made them yet, but I'm about to start. I'm making/having scotch eggs for the first time!

October
11 Sep 2015, 14:52
Day-old Panaera roll with butter

thalassa
11 Sep 2015, 15:43
Snickerdoodle cookie from Ten Top

Jembru
11 Sep 2015, 16:42
Same as last night. A good sized salad, half an avocado, around a dozen soy beans, 3 small-ish slices of lotus root, and a portion of rice. All served up in a glass casserole dish because.. well just because...

Resisted all temptation to reduce the portion sizes too! Not going to, because I'm better than that now!!

October
11 Sep 2015, 16:45
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11216822_10207570110390819_6645117388434050569_n.j pg?oh=cfc4235aae3a16cca8dee1e2e40a2b94&oe=5671AC36

Mama made weinerschnitzel <3

Munin-Hugin
11 Sep 2015, 16:50
I like me some weinerschnitzel! Looks pretty good, though where's the spaetzle and gravy?

October
11 Sep 2015, 16:52
First attempt! That's coming next time. She wanted to see if she could do it first.

Munin-Hugin
11 Sep 2015, 17:02
Same as last night. A good sized salad, half an avocado, around a dozen soy beans, 3 small-ish slices of lotus root, and a portion of rice. All served up in a glass casserole dish because.. well just because...

Resisted all temptation to reduce the portion sizes too! Not going to, because I'm better than that now!!

I'm a big fan of eat enough so that you feel satisfied, even if you have to go back for seconds. Food has always been an important thing with my family ever since I was little, and it's continued til this day. Going out to eat, trying new things, or my mom going totally insane with preparations to make the "perfect" holiday meal have been highlights of time spent with loved ones. It's always given us something to look forward to as a family, ways to do things together in preparation, and also, in it's own way, a way to show love through the amount of time and effort we put into what we make.

I've been very lucky to be married to a woman who have just as much a love of food as I do. I've got a small list of different things I want to cook for her, and she goes out of her way to experiment with unusual meals for the two of us to share. One of our "rituals" together is to take an evening and to go to an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant. Together, we select the types of sushi, and then we choose which kind to eat, so that we can experience them at the same time.

Okay, that was a bit of a derailing from what I wanted to say, I guess, but the point is that food is good for you in more ways than just keeping you healthy. There's food that's good for your body, with vitamins, minerals, and all that stuff that you need to survive, taken in moderation and care. But then there's the food that's good for your soul. That stuff that keeps your mind and emotions and cravings happy, that leave you feeling full, satisfied, and content. Both are important, but really, what's the sense in being healthy to live longer, if you don't take the time to occasionally truly enjoy those things that you've living longer for?

October
11 Sep 2015, 17:08
^ THIS.

This is my life.

(This is also why I'm fat, lol. But you know, I'm happy.)

Sometimes I have nights where we don't have much food in the fridge and no one wants to go out. And I have maybe half or a quarter of what I would consider a full meal. But then I have to remember that I have acid reflux (lol) and that portion control is one of my biggest challenges. Also that I live in a relatively financially stable household. I ate earlier in the day, and I will eat the next day. I get the nutrients I need, I'm not going to starve. Yet, I still feel hungry. On those days, it's my mind versus my body and I have to stay strong.

I really am trying to get my portion size issues under control. But it's haaaaaard...*whine*

Jembru
11 Sep 2015, 17:38
Because I've been a grazer for as long as I can remember, I find being over-full physically uncomfortable and so will avoid over-eating, even if I'm enjoying the meal. That said, I've started to increase the size of my 'meals' to see if I can then go longer without snacking.

I agree that a real passionate or even spiritual appreciation of food is a healthy ideal to aim for. When I was in Germany, I was struck by how much care and attention they give to both the quality and presentation of food. I mentioned this to a German friend who told me that in England there was a period where it was considered sinful to enjoy food. As a result our food became bland and as unappealing as possible. This is also why we don't have a standard phrase to say before we eat, like 'guten appetit' or 'itadakimasu' that exist in many other languages. You wouldn't wish sin on people by telling them to enjoy their food after all. Our culture is still bearing the scars of this attitude, and we're worse off for it.

The Japanese too, have an even more impressive attitude to food. Meals are so balanced, with plenty of fresh vegetables, and presentation is an artform. I have a joke I like to make to new members of the Japanese conversation group, that the most important vocabulary you need to be able to speak to natives, is food-related. It's kinda true though. Especially when making 'small talk'. Just as we brits love to talk about the weather, the Japanese love to discuss food, especially with foreigners. And despite this food obsession, Japan has one of the lowest obesity rates amongst affluent nations.

So I'm definitely inspired to learn to love my food!

October
11 Sep 2015, 18:09
I used to be a terrible snacker. It was hard because I prefer salty to sweet but your choices are chips or nuts and I don't like nuts. Chips are great but one likes variety.

Then I started the Alkaline Diet for reflux reasons and really learned to cut back the snacking. I've cut it out entirely and I've realised that my snacking drastically affected my reflux. Even a little snack will make me uncomfortable now. I've found that as long as I don't snavk and go to bed at a reasonable time after eating I almost never get reflux symptoms anymore.

Of course, this is my personal experience. But I've managed to almost overcome a pretty serious issue for me (I'm a foody and everything I ate made me nervous. Almost killed my love of food for a while when literally everything makes you sick). All I had to do was let it get bad enough that I was willing to make a lifestyle change.

And now I'm much happier.

habbalah
11 Sep 2015, 19:04
Pringles Tortillas, nacho cheese flavor. They taste a bit like Sun Chips.

Azvanna
11 Sep 2015, 21:45
I just bought .5kg of ginger dusted with rice flour instead of crystallised in sugar. Cost me $14 but worth it!

kalynraye
11 Sep 2015, 22:09
First attempt! That's coming next time. She wanted to see if she could do it first.

Spaetzel is easy as pie, just make sure the water is nice and hot!! We used to have a cod dish on the menu with spaetzel, carrots, brussel leaves, pork bellie finished in a beautiful pork stock. Share pictures when she makes it I'd love to see it.

Willow
12 Sep 2015, 07:42
Bagel with cream cheese and tea.

October
12 Sep 2015, 07:44
Vanilla bean cold brew coffee with sugar and cream. Hungry, though :-(

Hawkfeathers
12 Sep 2015, 19:39
A cucumber & tomato sandwich with Mayo on whole grain bread.

faye_cat
12 Sep 2015, 19:41
Hamburger helper, green beans, garlic peas

Rae'ya
13 Sep 2015, 03:24
Quiche with homegrown duck eggs from Jemima and homegrown mixed kale (and not-homegrown bacon, onion, garlic, red capsicum and tomato) that I served with butter-sauteed homegrown asparagus. Followed by fruit salad and wattleseed icecream, none of which was homegrown, 'cos it's winter lol.

As soon as the weather warms up I'm gonna crack out the icecream churner and make some duck egg icecream with wattlseed and macadamias... because that's my favourite icecream flavour and I wanna try Jemima's eggs in icecream to see what it's like.

Bjorn
14 Sep 2015, 10:13
Quinoa with black beans, shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

habbalah
14 Sep 2015, 21:42
Funyuns. I've really been eating like garbage lately.

October
15 Sep 2015, 06:57
English breakfast and buttered toast

Willow
15 Sep 2015, 14:40
Cookies and tea.

faye_cat
15 Sep 2015, 16:49
Oversized honey bun.

anubisa
15 Sep 2015, 20:57
Goldfish, the whole wheat kind.

thalassa
16 Sep 2015, 05:39
green smoothie!!

habbalah
16 Sep 2015, 09:56
Long grain white rice with turkey and gravy.

Medusa
17 Sep 2015, 15:59
pizza. But more importantly I'm eating sliced cucumbers with lemon and tajin!

Munin-Hugin
21 Sep 2015, 12:56
Strip sirloin grilled with Montreal steak spice and worchestershire sauce, brussel sprouts with a bacon cheddar sauce, and avocado ranch mashed red potatoes.

Jembru
21 Sep 2015, 13:04
Two bananas and a bowl of 'spew stew'.

DragonsFriend
22 Sep 2015, 07:40
I am known far and wide for my sourdough. I began making sourdough as a way to make raised breads without buying yeast, baking soda or baking powder.
It is the ultimate survival food! as long as you have grain of any kind you can have sourdough.
My recipe for bread is two to three cups of active starter, a tablespoon of salt (for two loaves) and three to four cups of flour to make a moist, but not sticky dough. Bake at 350 to 400F for forty minutes.

Näre
22 Sep 2015, 23:55
Just had a croissant and a cup of coffee. Default morning starter. (Morning? It's almost 11.)

DragonsFriend
23 Sep 2015, 08:06
Apple juice canned last year and fresh cantaloupe from the garden. I am truly blessed!

thalassa
24 Sep 2015, 07:28
Couscous with spinach, tomatoes, and corn...And mint magic tea

Clive
25 Sep 2015, 18:40
A salmon patty with mixed greens (romaine, arugula, kale) and avocado.

Näre
26 Sep 2015, 00:15
Pasta&chickpeas. Yum.

SleepingCompass
26 Sep 2015, 15:11
Chobani Greek Yogurt Indulgent Cherry and Dark Chocolate...
It's so good!!!! :)

magusphredde
26 Sep 2015, 21:12
Combination pizza from Costco ... Chasing it with Smirnoff Ice Green Apple ...

DragonsFriend
27 Sep 2015, 00:52
I baked two loaves of bread and I haven't touched a knife to either of them yet. Later this morning I will make some Chicken soup to go with the first loaf of sourdough bread. Then the other loaf is for dessert; sourdough cinnamon loaf. Once the soup is ready it is off to the first local Pagan meet up (pot-luck affair). My wife and I have been trying to connect with local Pagans since we moved here three years ago. This is the first meet-up in this little red-neck town but they want to make it an annual event. As I was preparing for this event over the past week I realized that for the first time in over forty years I might need personal references. I emailed some of the people in the greater Seattle area and asked if they would be willing and able to be a character reference for me. I already have had three replies to the positive from just one email. It brought a tear to this old mans eyes and almost made me wish I was still there. almost......

Clive
27 Sep 2015, 01:30
Pad Thai. I don't have much of an appetite, but I guess I have to eat.

Munin-Hugin
27 Sep 2015, 06:17
A nice little breakfast. Fried shredded potatoes mixed with two eggs, broccoli, and cheese. And a cup of Tim Horton's coffee.

volcaniclastic
27 Sep 2015, 10:47
A nice little breakfast. Fried shredded potatoes mixed with two eggs, broccoli, and cheese. And a cup of Tim Horton's coffee.

You have Timmies in the states?

I'm eating stamppot (http://organiceyourlife.com/stamppot-typical-dutch-dinner-vegetarian-twist/) with fresh kale from the garden. It's great.

Näre
28 Sep 2015, 00:52
Coffee and sultsina.

thalassa
28 Sep 2015, 05:56
I'm eating stamppot (http://organiceyourlife.com/stamppot-typical-dutch-dinner-vegetarian-twist/) with fresh kale from the garden. It's great.

Like colcannon?

I make mine as half taters and half califlower, then add greens. I use that when I make perogies too.

October
28 Sep 2015, 06:26
Rosemary olive oil toast <3

SleepingCompass
29 Sep 2015, 07:04
Classic peanut butter and strawberry jelly :)

Munin-Hugin
05 Oct 2015, 14:28
You have Timmies in the states?

Sorry it took me forever to get back to this lol. There are a few Timmy's in the States, but nowhere around here. I have a big tin of grounds that I picked up last time I was visiting my wife.

As for what I'm eating now, it's a bit of a mash-up. I took the leftovers from a roast pork dinner (pork, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, and gravy), added some diced apples, butter, and cheese, then mixed in some instant stuffing mix then popped it into the oven. Surprisingly, it's delicious! Almost like an entire Thanksgiving meal heaped up together.

Willow
05 Oct 2015, 18:47
Cajun chicken pasta

Munin-Hugin
06 Oct 2015, 17:36
Laugh all you want, but I'm eating pizza toast. I had the munchies so I took some sliced bread, added some sauce and cheese, and popped it into the toaster oven.

magusphredde
06 Oct 2015, 17:56
Classic peanut butter and strawberry jelly :)
Thats what I just had ...

anunitu
06 Oct 2015, 18:10
Laugh all you want, but I'm eating pizza toast. I had the munchies so I took some sliced bread, added some sauce and cheese, and popped it into the toaster oven.

If it works and is tasty,why not...I do toast and butter with Velveeta cheese,and then mic it to melt the cheese for a kinda fake grilled cheese.

kalynraye
06 Oct 2015, 19:58
Lets see I started the day with some canadian bacon, pineapple, and onion pizza, have had a bowl of cereal, and now am munching on lays west coast truffle fries which taste nothing like truffle fries but more like an under seasoned sour cream and onion chip.

Näre
09 Oct 2015, 02:18
Apple pie at a local cafe. They have an American week here.
Muricans, your food is exotic in this corner of the globe!

Munin-Hugin
09 Oct 2015, 05:04
Apple pie at a local cafe. They have an American week here.
Muricans, your food is exotic in this corner of the globe!

Next time you get an apple pie, add some sharp cheddar cheese to it as well. You can either shred it and sprinkle it over the top, or just slice it up and stick a hunk on top of each bite.

Näre
09 Oct 2015, 07:32
Next time you get an apple pie, add some sharp cheddar cheese to it as well. You can either shred it and sprinkle it over the top, or just slice it up and stick a hunk on top of each bite.Hmm, perhaps I could try that someday. I don't usually eat cheese with other foods and I don't eat certain types I cheese at all but cheddar is good!
(So was the pie but the crust was so hard I could the same kind of goosepumps people usually get from ice lollies.)

anubisa
09 Oct 2015, 14:38
Had chicken noodle soup for supper.

Willow
09 Oct 2015, 20:30
Cookie dough

Munin-Hugin
10 Oct 2015, 05:13
Deep fried eggs. I've been playing around with a wok full of oil the past few days, trying anything from steak to apples, to bananas, to ... well, this morning eggs! I was fully expecting the oil to splatter up all over the place when I cracked them into it, but instead it just started to bubble and hiss like normal. The eggs cooked up in about 45 seconds and were delicious! I'm gonna keep this in mind for future endeavors.

SleepingCompass
11 Oct 2015, 03:55
Boiled sweet potatoes... I keep making them for my dog's special diet and then eating a good portion of them myself... those things are so tasty!!!

anubisa
11 Oct 2015, 12:51
Just ate eggs, bacon, and toast. Love Mom's cooking.

SleepingCompass
16 Oct 2015, 18:31
Seltzer Water with a teaspoon of Almond Extract and a tiny piece of a caffeine pill; tastes like there's a bit of amaretto mixed in thanks to the almond extract :^^:

(Trying to find ways to kick that darn soda habit as I really can't stand diet soda anymore!)

TxanGoddess
17 Oct 2015, 12:09
My boss had someone bring in a dozen of these enormous cinnamon rolls this morning, and 2-3 dozen kolaches, so I've been munching down on them. I had a cinnamon roll as big as my head with coffee this morning, a cherry kolache, a peach kolache and I just finished a cheese kolache with milk.

Munin-Hugin
20 Oct 2015, 14:06
Not eating it yet, but tonight I'm making fried chicken! BUT, I'm using yogurt, garlic, onion, and tabasco to make the batter :)

magusphredde
20 Oct 2015, 19:08
Cold supreme pizza with extra sausage ...

Rancidecay
20 Oct 2015, 19:22
Pork Steaks

anubisa
22 Oct 2015, 04:02
Just had some mini-wheats with sugar and milk.

Seax_Blade
27 Oct 2015, 17:19
Just made something pretty quick and easy from Trader Joe's: putting their ready made, individually packaged, fully cooked and cut chicken breast in with their 2 minute microwave kung pao noodles w/ sauce. It's not amazing, but for like less than 5 minutes, hey I'm not complaining. Next time I'll try the pad thai noodles, add some chicken, as well as some other veggies.

Willow
27 Oct 2015, 23:17
Toblerone and Ora

magusphredde
28 Oct 2015, 00:40
In the morning it will be corned beef that I cooked tonight ... Diced potatoes from bakers that I did tonight ... Diced onion ... Diced bell peppers ... A bit of garlic powder and fresh ground black pepper ... All stirred and fried crispy with an over easy egg on the top ... I love fresh corned beef hash ...

Seax_Blade
28 Oct 2015, 14:35
Cereal this morning, chicken tenders for lunch, not sure about dinner. Maybe salad.

anubisa
29 Oct 2015, 02:48
Had two english muffin sandwiches with eggs and american cheese on them. Yummy!

magusphredde
29 Oct 2015, 13:25
Grilled sammy ... Black Forest Ham ... Pepperjack Cheese ... Walla Walla Sweet Onion ... Sourdough Bread ...

Azvanna
30 Oct 2015, 01:46
Valrhona's Blond Dulcey chocolate.

My mother-in-law brought it back from Paris. It's like a burnt white chocolate. Tastes a little like caramel. So yummy!

Willow
30 Oct 2015, 04:17
Bread with some unknown spread on top. I'm not entirely sure what it's made of, but it's good. Plus white coffee.

Seax_Blade
30 Oct 2015, 21:37
Total tonight in my friend's dorm suite:

- Pad Thai style noodle dish with peanut sauce, made in microwave (before coming)
- 2 Taco Bell chalupas (after awhile we went)
- halloween candy (because why not)
- scotch whiskey (because I felt like it)

magusphredde
31 Oct 2015, 15:31
pancakes ... raspberry jam ... milk ...

Seax_Blade
31 Oct 2015, 22:27
Had a couple of basil chicken sausages for dinner, and some Halloween baked goods.

Medusa
31 Oct 2015, 22:42
Well I did find a package of walnuts and a package of craisins in my pantry. Sigh.

Our fridge in the kitchen died, so any food I had died with it.

Mootipi
01 Nov 2015, 04:52
Leftover Caramel Chicken for breakfast (Halloween food). Very weird, quite nice :3

Munin-Hugin
01 Nov 2015, 05:33
Last night I gorged myself in apricot maple glazed ham. This morning? Maybe eggs or toast or ... screw it, probably ramen.

anunitu
01 Nov 2015, 05:48
Jimmy Dean sausage patties(microwave) with Honey mustard on them...tasty honey mustard!!

Mootipi
02 Nov 2015, 02:03
... screw it, probably ramen.

A pot sauce or actually home cooked? I've tried to make 'proper' ramen like twice and it died a painful death both times ._.

Munin-Hugin
02 Nov 2015, 18:46
A pot sauce or actually home cooked? I've tried to make 'proper' ramen like twice and it died a painful death both times ._.

To me, making "proper" ramen involves adding some sort of meat and veggies to the little package of the instant stuff.

Medusa
02 Nov 2015, 23:42
Pizza!

*leaves piece for MO as my acolyte sacrifice.

anunitu
02 Nov 2015, 23:46
Got a Rotisserie Chicken,nibbling on it as we type.

Hell yeh!
http://www.bbqsuccess.com/rotisserie-chicken/rotisserie-chicken2-web.jpg

anunitu
04 Nov 2015, 12:31
Got a tiny thing of caviar,just to say I tasted it before I croke. Never had it ever so if anyone has had it,what is it like and will I like it? Have heard it is salty,maybe on crackers?

Kind of working up my bucket list..

Herbert
04 Nov 2015, 12:55
Never eat something expensive on something not equally expensive unless you have no choice. If you just want to eat caviar, get a spoon ;). I've never had it, but I've had less expensive sorts of fish eggs, and unless you can afford to experiment with crackers and cheese and such, eat it plain. It will be delicious.

anunitu
04 Nov 2015, 13:15
Mainly I am eating it just to say I did....will be 69 next Feb.,so working on kinds new stuff. I have eaten a lot of things most people never would when younger,like Balut(sp) in the Philippines,that's 100 year old egg thing,do a search.

Munin-Hugin
04 Nov 2015, 13:19
If you really want an amazing food experience, go to Morimoto's in NYC.

B. de Corbin
04 Nov 2015, 13:22
I also am a big fan of caviar. The grocery store jars are OK (black is better than red, IMHO), at a good fish market you may be able to get fresh salmon caviar, but, if you want the really, really good stuff, go Russian. I've only had it once, but it makes all other caviar taste like play-doh in comparison.

Eating off the spoon is best, but if you want it on a cracker, find the blandest cracker possible - you don't want anything that will overpower the caviar, caviar is already quite salty so don't add a salty cracker. Wedges of light toast are good. Any non-sweet cheese goes well, and a dry white wine is good.

magusphredde
04 Nov 2015, 13:42
salmon caviar is ok i guess ... I like sturgeon tho ... and the fish is better too ...

right now ... potatoes, black forest ham, onion, sweet peppers, duck eggs all diced and scrambled in the frying pan ...

anunitu
04 Nov 2015, 14:12
What I got is from Iceland,black capelin.. and thank you B. De. for the insight.

kalynraye
04 Nov 2015, 20:32
Mainly I am eating it just to say I did....will be 69 next Feb.,so working on kinds new stuff. I have eaten a lot of things most people never would when younger,like Balut(sp) in the Philippines,that's 100 year old egg thing,do a search.

Do not eat caviar off just any spoon!!! Metal spoons are BAD for it!!! Bone or wooden are ok choice but the preferred and best spoons for caviar are mother of pearl. I like mine on sushi!

magusphredde
04 Nov 2015, 21:53
Sushi is for catching bigger fish with ... tonight was chicken breasts baked in cream of mushroom soup, green beans with lotsa butter, mashed taters and mushroom gravy ...

kalynraye
05 Nov 2015, 12:15
Sushi is delicious and amazing. I might even be able to talk KP into it for dinner tonight.

Munin-Hugin
05 Nov 2015, 13:13
Sushi is delicious and amazing. I might even be able to talk KP into it for dinner tonight.

For special occasions (and not so special), my wife and I always go out for sushi. Close to where she lives right now in Canada is a really good place, an the same for where I am. Both have an all-you-can-eat, made-to-order menu that is not just sushi, but sashimi, dim sum, and soups!

magusphredde
05 Nov 2015, 23:18
haven't had good dim sum since i left Los Angeles back in '77

kalynraye
06 Nov 2015, 10:39
For special occasions (and not so special), my wife and I always go out for sushi. Close to where she lives right now in Canada is a really good place, an the same for where I am. Both have an all-you-can-eat, made-to-order menu that is not just sushi, but sashimi, dim sum, and soups!

I love all of those. Dallas has a very large Asian population so we have tons of good places like this. I went for hot pot a few weeks ago. I'm gonna have to get my fill for dim sum and ramen before we move. There is a Vietnamese place and a few Japanese restaurants in Appleton but thats about it.

B. de Corbin
06 Nov 2015, 15:06
A slight variation of Thalassa's cabbage recipie - used balsamic vinegar, added thin sliced carrots, and cooked it with some thin slices of beef.

Heavenly, with baked potatoes & sour cream!

Willow
06 Nov 2015, 16:08
Malti keks.

Rae'ya
06 Nov 2015, 20:17
Leftover homemade chilli con carne that I made in the slow cooker the other day. With some leftover experimental 'mexican' rice that I made up on the fly using a microwave rice cooker (I didn't know until I tried this that you can add stock powders and spices to your Tupperware microwave rice cooker thingy and it works just as well as doing it in a saucepan... yay for experimenting).

Medusa
06 Nov 2015, 22:24
It's late. It's cold (64 gonna get to 52 tonight!) and I'm tired. So chorizo con papas it is. With some corn tortillas.

kalynraye
06 Nov 2015, 22:50
Corbin I thought of you, we are having Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes!

B. de Corbin
07 Nov 2015, 04:35
Corbin I thought of you, we are having Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes!

I love the thought of a master chef eating from an aluminum tray :cool:

kalynraye
07 Nov 2015, 10:47
I love the thought of a master chef eating from an aluminum tray :cool:

Its a comfort food for us, and hey its delicious

magusphredde
07 Nov 2015, 23:28
Grilled ham and cheese sammys on sour dough bread ... The ham was caramelized first ... Better flavor ...

kalynraye
09 Nov 2015, 22:18
Lunch was french fries with buffalo, jalapenos, chorizo queso, jalapeno ranch, and siracha. I was lazy and and didn't want to make anything more complicated.

For dinner I took 11 packs of oriental ramen(I have no idea why we have a case of instant ramen but we do) added 7 eggs yolks 6 pieces of american cheese, smoked chicken, diced cabbage, left over sauteed lobster mushroom and pieces of nori and fed all my cooks plus one ird cook and all the servers and food runners. Was it healthy? Nope, was it delicious yep.

habbalah
10 Nov 2015, 13:05
Delicious creamed spinach.

thalassa
10 Nov 2015, 13:19
the menu for tonight is salmon, spinach and zucchini fritters, roasted sweet potato, and pomegranate salad

anunitu
10 Nov 2015, 14:45
Trying to envision zucchini fritters...off to the google graphics..
http://russianfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Zucchini-fritters.jpg

Kinda reminds me of fried eggplant(in batter and fried)

Kiesha'ra
10 Nov 2015, 15:02
Spicy fried pickles with chipotle mayo, portobello burger stuffed with spinach and cheese

thalassa
10 Nov 2015, 15:02
Trying to envision zucchini fritters...off to the google graphics..
http://russianfoods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Zucchini-fritters.jpg

Kinda reminds me of fried eggplant(in batter and fried)

Mine are less fluffy and more latke looking...more like this:http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/zucchini-fritters-51175210

Munin-Hugin
10 Nov 2015, 18:26
Banana muffins with chocolate chips

Rae'ya
10 Nov 2015, 18:58
Vegemite on homemade bread toast. And a can of coke.

And you can't stop me. So ner.

magusphredde
10 Nov 2015, 19:11
homemade stir fry with diced chicken gizzards boiled in butter

Medusa
20 Nov 2015, 22:16
Chorizo con papas chorizo con papas. Does the chorizo con papas dance.:D

Rick
20 Nov 2015, 22:41
Carnitas y papas; arros; burracho frijoles; sopapillas.

Mmmmmmmmmmm...

habbalah
21 Nov 2015, 08:19
Extra beefy ravioli: beef-stuffed ravioli, with hamburger, covered in mushroom spaghetti sauce (alas, I didn't have the meat trifecta).

Medusa
21 Nov 2015, 11:53
chorizo con papas and some spanish rice.

I'm predictable. Plus it's like $2.00 for the whole thing.:D

habbalah
21 Nov 2015, 12:30
chorizo con papas and some spanish rice.

I'm predictable. Plus it's like $2.00 for the whole thing.:D

Now I will always assume that you are either eating chorizo con papas, or a big gas station pickle.

anunitu
21 Nov 2015, 12:45
I believe it is pronounced Mex Store Pickle

Medusa
21 Nov 2015, 12:56
Lol actually the liquor store I go to is owned by an Indian (East Asian variety) who speaks Spanish.

But yes. Those stick your plastic bag covered hand into the big butt jar and pick the big pickle pickles are awesome! And...only $1.
:D

habbalah
21 Nov 2015, 13:43
Lol actually the liquor store I go to is owned by an Indian (East Asian variety) who speaks Spanish.

But yes. Those stick your plastic bag covered hand into the big butt jar and pick the big pickle pickles are awesome! And...only $1.

Preach. Those pickles are delicious.

Medusa
24 Nov 2015, 00:17
Oh em gee. So I'm trying to eat at home more. But I get home late and I don't wanna cook. So I made some more of that 99 cents Knorr's Spanish rice. But while at the Walmart neighborhood market I found this new item. It's a package of Jack Daniels steak strips. Ready to eat. I found a pack for $5 in the meat section where they have deli meats and those fajita strips. Now it looked sorta grey when I opened the package. And I was all 'meh'. But then I re-heated the strips on the stove with some hot oil. And I smothered it in A-One like the meat heathen I am.

I gotta admit. This stuff was good! Steak and rice for din din for $5.50. I'll take that!

habbalah
24 Nov 2015, 20:54
Bacon is in the oven. Can't wait to eat it.

B. de Corbin
26 Nov 2015, 07:55
Currently, sliders.

Soon, I will be roasting a micro-turkey (i.e.: a chicken), since it's just K'Roe & me...

thalassa
26 Nov 2015, 08:28
granny smith apple slices smothered in sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice...there were a few left that didn't fit in the pies...which is fine with me!!

anunitu
26 Nov 2015, 08:48
I like the granny smiths just to eat,I slice and eat the slice,then slice again..like the sour tiny bit along with the sweet.

I used to eat crab apples as a kid BTW

thalassa
26 Nov 2015, 09:10
I normally eat grannie smiths down to the core--no slicing...these guys couldn't help it.

Gleb
26 Nov 2015, 10:05
Guys, I have a question. Do they use chicken meat in curry?

habbalah
26 Nov 2015, 10:11

Depends on the type of curry you get.

I'm eating Saltine crackers, hoping I can keep them in.

Gleb
26 Nov 2015, 10:18
Depends on the type of curry you get.

I assume one can use that kind of meat in the curry but the recipe must be correct and suitable.

habbalah
26 Nov 2015, 10:20
I assume one can use that kind of meat in the curry but the recipe must be correct and suitable.

Oh, yeah, you can do chicken curry. Here's some recipes (http://allrecipes.com/recipes/15940/main-dish/curries/chicken/).

Gleb
26 Nov 2015, 10:37
Oh, yeah, you can do chicken curry. Here's some recipes (http://allrecipes.com/recipes/15940/main-dish/curries/chicken/).
Thanks, Habbs! :)

kalynraye
26 Nov 2015, 11:15

If your making it you can use whatever meat in your curry that you want, or load it with veggies and no meat. Its up to you

anunitu
26 Nov 2015, 12:34
I had fruit Curry once,very interesting...

Here... (http://www.tarladalal.com/Fruit-Curry-13748r)

Bjorn
28 Nov 2015, 15:59
All this talk of curry is damn near compelling me to run out in the icy cold and obtain some Panang Curry from my favorite place in town, Thai-Siam.

BEST. FOOD. EVER.

habbalah
28 Nov 2015, 16:43
I'm eating delicious leftover turkey with gravy and a crescent roll.

Näre
30 Nov 2015, 11:17
Swastika-shaped Christmas tarts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joulutorttu_%28pastry%29).... that's a traditional pastry.

thalassa
30 Nov 2015, 14:24
Today, I baked 3 loaves of honey wheat bread and right now I have a chocolate pudding cake in the oven.

Gonna pig out tonite! (Trying to get rid of all our food before we move next week Friday)

anubisa
30 Nov 2015, 14:51
Had beef and veggie soup tonight.

habbalah
30 Nov 2015, 15:56
Cauliflower bread and turkey barley soup. I'm not a fan of cauliflower, but the bread was pretty food.

Medusa
30 Nov 2015, 23:16
chorizo con papas and rice. My tummy is all warm.:o

habbalah
01 Dec 2015, 05:19
A very cold Big Mac. Don't even ask.

habbalah
05 Dec 2015, 02:48
Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup, because I'm cold and sniffly.

Marradin
06 Dec 2015, 03:54
Chicken Kiev with roast sweat potato and steamed carrots and broccoli

B. de Corbin
11 Dec 2015, 16:12
Not quite eating... More like slurping...

Scary Jesus Rockstar Beer, from Darkhorse brewery. Flavored with apricots and camomile.

It is Meh.

nbdy
11 Dec 2015, 16:50
Rye whiskey. It is most excellent.

Medusa
11 Dec 2015, 16:56
Thin crust pepperpony pizza with jalapenos.
Some pepitas
Lemon with tajin.

habbalah
11 Dec 2015, 17:27
Generic cheese Doritos, and a giant pickle (I got the pickle, Deuce!).

Medusa
11 Dec 2015, 17:33
Generic cheese Doritos, and a giant pickle (I got the pickle, Deuce!).

Yay! Dorritos and pickles is a good snack choice.
Thumbs up :p

Herbert
11 Dec 2015, 18:54
Ahhhh, pickles. Wish I had one. Not so much the Doritos, though. I just went to Chickfille; chicken strips are as satisfying as usual. You can really tell how they stay in business without opening Sundays.

kalynraye
11 Dec 2015, 23:45
Whataburger A1 thick and hearty burger with a vanilla milkshake. Gotta get it while I still can.

thalassa
12 Dec 2015, 04:10
Denny's brekky

Medusa
12 Dec 2015, 16:36
Denny's brekky

My vacation in San Diego had me across the street from Denny's. Every day. Brekky. Wonderful

anubisa
12 Dec 2015, 22:38
I'm eating a Belvita snack pack. If you've never tried them, try the mixed berry bites. Very good.

Spiny Norman
13 Dec 2015, 03:32
I'm going to have a Spanish omelette later, I like them because you can chuck in whatever you have. I like curries for the same reason! I enjoy making stuff up and have never been a fan of following recipes which seems like a boring and uncreative approach to me.

Medusa
20 Dec 2015, 18:00
You know those packages of 'beer peanuts'? The kind that has that thin brown crispy skin in it?
Well when the bag is empty there is that skin and salty pieces at the bottom of the bag. That stuff is pure gold!

EndlessCravings
20 Dec 2015, 18:34
I ate all of my reeses and am eating snickers.

Medusa
21 Dec 2015, 23:18
Woah. So my El Super mexican market had a new variety of apple for sale. Honeycrisp apple! Anyone ever had these? I like to try different varieties when they come up. Seriously these look like fuji but you bite into it and it's super sweet! Like omg. I want to marry this apple.

EndlessCravings
21 Dec 2015, 23:32
Woah. So my El Super mexican market had a new variety of apple for sale. Honeycrisp apple! Anyone ever had these? I like to try different varieties when they come up. Seriously these look like fuji but you bite into it and it's super sweet! Like omg. I want to marry this apple.

http://aamodtsapplefarm.com.s132576.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/honeycrisp-apples.jpg this?

Medusa
21 Dec 2015, 23:50
http://aamodtsapplefarm.com.s132576.gridserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/honeycrisp-apples.jpg this?

Yes. Apparently they are usually 4x the price of regular apples. But I think I might have paid like $1.00 or under for 2 of them. They are also very crispy too. I hate apples you bite into and they sorta mush in your mouth. I also like the pink lady apples.

thalassa
22 Dec 2015, 15:27

That's been my fave Apple for a while now....they are the awesomest

MaskedOne
23 Dec 2015, 11:18
This will, I'm sure, surprise no one...

PIZZA

Yorin
23 Dec 2015, 13:07
This will, I'm sure, surprise no one...

PIZZA

Who's soul was up this time lol

anubisa
24 Dec 2015, 08:17
Had some veggie cheese pasta leftover from yesterday. Yum!

kalynraye
24 Dec 2015, 19:44
Yes. Apparently they are usually 4x the price of regular apples. But I think I might have paid like $1.00 or under for 2 of them. They are also very crispy too. I hate apples you bite into and they sorta mush in your mouth. I also like the pink lady apples.

Best apples on the planet!!! I love them. I am currently making apple cider for tomorrow morning with them.

Also dinner was pork tacos with guacamole. Delicious and Hot buttered rum

Hawkfeathers
24 Dec 2015, 21:01

I discovered them a couple of years ago - they are so good I think they must have been the kind Eve tempted Adam with LOL

anubisa
25 Dec 2015, 06:46
Just had a couple of pieces of Pizza Hut pizza from last night. Pepperoni, mushroom, onion, and sausage on a hand-tossed crust. Mmm...

anunitu
25 Dec 2015, 10:14
Had eggs(scrambled) with sriracha sauce for the very first time,and it was great..hot but very tasty.

habbalah
25 Dec 2015, 18:06
Almond chicken with white rice.

kalynraye
25 Dec 2015, 18:42
Had eggs(scrambled) with sriracha sauce for the very first time,and it was great..hot but very tasty.

Siracha is my favorite!!!! Its pretty much good on everything. KP got me a small bottle of siracha flavored vodka. Good in a bloody merry I'd think.

Bacon wrapped greens covered in butter and brown sugar. Left over from lunch. They were just as good reheated.

anunitu
25 Dec 2015, 18:46
I have always liked Tabasco,but the sriracha sauce was new,AND it left a really nice taste in my mouth(my numb mouth,but good numb)

B. de Corbin
30 Dec 2015, 06:41
I'm making potatoe pancakes so I can eat more krauts (good thing I didn't write "boche").

iris
30 Dec 2015, 06:55
I'm making potatoe pancakes so I can eat more krauts (good thing I didn't write "boche").

Potato pancakes ? That sounds good. Might you have a recipe I could look at?

B. de Corbin
30 Dec 2015, 07:15
Potato pancakes ? That sounds good. Might you have a recipe I could look at?

Hum... You might want to look one up. My recipe is like this:

Two or three medium potatoes
One onion
A gob of salt
A gob of pepper
About three eggs

Toss it all in a blender set for "chop," meanwhile, heat about 1/4 inches of oil in a pan.

Spoon liquid stuff into very hot oil, fry both sides until crispy.

I'm not good a precision recipes. Once I know how to make something, I just go all Zen...

anunitu
30 Dec 2015, 07:17
Is there not a Yiddish name for potato pancakes?

Found it. (http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/killer-potato-latkes)

Potato Latkes

MaskedOne
30 Dec 2015, 08:07

I wouldn't actually have commented on that one. I wouldn't have recognized the term. Of course, now that I've looked it up, I'll remember it as an option for the future.

anunitu
30 Dec 2015, 08:13
French slur for Germans I believe. (hogans heroes thing)

B. de Corbin
30 Dec 2015, 08:16
French slur for Germans I believe. (hogans heroes thing)

Yup - short for a word meaning "cabbage head."

I watched too much Hogan's Heroes as a kid.

Doesn't seem real insulting, but if you say it out loud it sounds very derogatory.

Spiny Norman
30 Dec 2015, 08:37
(good thing I didn't write "boche").

Don't mention the war!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

- - - Updated - - -

Toss it all in a blender set for "chop," meanwhile, heat about 1/4 inches of oil in a pan.

Sounds quite tasty! I must dig out my blender, it's hiding somewhere in a cupboard. ;)

iris
30 Dec 2015, 08:39
Hum... You might want to look one up. My recipe is like this:

Two or three medium potatoes
One onion
A gob of salt
A gob of pepper
About three eggs

Spoon liquid stuff into very hot oil, fry both sides until crispy.

I'm not good a precision recipes. Once I know how to make something, I just go all Zen...

Thanks :p that seems easy enough ^^ who needs precission. I usually just end up improvising anyway.

B. de Corbin
30 Dec 2015, 08:42
Thanks :p that seems easy enough ^^ who needs precission. I usually just end up improvising anyway.

That will make a grease feast for about 4 people. Alone, they are a bit bland, but if you eat them with saukraut and sour cream, they are really good.

Spiny Norman
30 Dec 2015, 08:48

Yes, making it up as you go along is the fun part of cooking!

iris
30 Dec 2015, 08:50
That will make a grease feast for about 4 people. Alone, they are a bit bland, but if you eat them with saukraut and sour cream, they are really good.

I don't have any of that. But I have bacon!

Serria
30 Dec 2015, 09:55
Cape Cod chips :'D

kalynraye
30 Dec 2015, 10:52
I don't have any of that. But I have bacon!

Bacon would be great and cheese if you have it. Season with thyme and oregano, pinch of sugar and if you've got some sherry vinegar add about a 1/2 of a tablespoon.

B. de Corbin
30 Dec 2015, 16:00
Bacon would be great and cheese if you have it. Season with thyme and oregano, pinch of sugar and if you've got some sherry vinegar add about a 1/2 of a tablespoon.

I have all those parts! It's on the menu now.

iris
31 Dec 2015, 11:05
Just had roast beef with hash brown potatoes and baked vegetables. For dessert we're having abemad which is basically whipped cream mixed with fresh fruit :D yum.

Medusa
31 Dec 2015, 14:11
The last meal of the year:
Cold pizza, flaming hot cheetos with lemon drizzled mixed with green olives. And a side of blackberries.
Ballstothewall stomach. Man up or get the hell out of here!

kalynraye
31 Dec 2015, 14:33

How were they?

anubisa
01 Jan 2016, 21:21
Pretzels. I'm watching a movie.

thalassa
03 Jan 2016, 05:18
I'm not eating anything...but the cats found the catnip stash.

Spiny Norman
03 Jan 2016, 06:44
....but the cats found the catnip stash.

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M33830ee5a86e73787d9c7ad641f930a6o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

thalassa
03 Jan 2016, 08:04
https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M33830ee5a86e73787d9c7ad641f930a6o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

...they taste purple

Medusa
06 Jan 2016, 17:38
Omg. So I was trawling through Walmart to get some healthy snacks for my two days off. I don't plan to leave my houseboat!

Almonds. But not just any almonds. Salt and vinegar almonds! omg. The flavoooooooooor

anunitu
06 Jan 2016, 17:42
I'm not eating anything...but the cats found the catnip stash.

My ex GF got a catnip plant,and put it outside on the back porch,it lasted only one day,as an outside cat snatched the whole darn plant right out of the pot.

- - - Updated - - -

And that pic is Fat Freddy's cat....from the fabulous furry freak brothers.

kalynraye
07 Jan 2016, 14:27

Corbin!!! Did you make them yet????

B. de Corbin
07 Jan 2016, 15:45
Corbin!!! Did you make them yet????

LOL - nope. I was already stuffed with taters at the time, and I haven't eaten breakfast since...

But maybe Sunday!

habbalah
08 Jan 2016, 08:39
Part of a candy cane. I have an upset stomach, and I'm hoping the peppermint will help settle it.

Näre
09 Jan 2016, 05:04
"Devil's Eye Soup" aka a very improvised root celery/aubergine soup with radish.
The name comes from it's suspicious looks:

neráida
10 Jan 2016, 06:17
veggie scramble--a bunch of veggies sauteed with scrambled eggs, melty cheese, and salsa

iris
27 Jan 2016, 04:34
Waffles.... made from oat, potato, banana and milk. They're surprisingly good!

WrachDrui
27 Jan 2016, 05:35
Maple pecan instant porridge

Best thing since sliced hovis

kalynraye
27 Jan 2016, 08:06
A bologna and american cheese sandwich with wasabi ginger kettle chips. I would like to make note that american cheese should only be used on a fried bologna sandwich and or melted in raman noodles with an egg. And you all stop judging me until you try it, it is phenomenal!

B. de Corbin
29 Jan 2016, 13:36
Vodka and tonic.

Expect strange thoughts...

anunitu
29 Jan 2016, 13:48
Well a tonic is kinda medicine,right?..and vodka kills the germs,right...so a health drink(actually tonic was a treatment for malaria,quinine ya know)

So drink up,and be well and prosper.

B. de Corbin
29 Jan 2016, 13:53
Well a tonic is kinda medicine,right?..and vodka kills the germs,right...so a health drink(actually tonic was a treatment for malaria,quinine ya know)

So drink up,and be well and prosper.

Ah, good! An enabler!

kalynraye
29 Jan 2016, 14:16
Ah, good! An enabler!

I will be joining you in about 3 hours. Don't get too sloshed before then!!!

habbalah
29 Jan 2016, 15:29
I just finished a chocolate chip cookie. Yum.

thalassa
30 Jan 2016, 17:15
Pizza!!!!!!