PDA

View Full Version : Becoming A Father

Norse_Angel
27 Jun 2015, 21:21
Hail!
So, to those of you who don't know, my girlfriend is pregnant. Well, tomorrow she is being induced, and our baby girl, Lillian Aurora, will join our world. I am so excited to be a father, words cannot express how happy I am that this day has finally come!! Just thought I'd share the fact that the time is finally here. I'll be uploading pictures later on this week.
Skul!

Gleb
27 Jun 2015, 21:33
Nekhtet! Congratulations, my friend! One more member to our community. ;)

Jembru
27 Jun 2015, 21:44
Congratulations! Sending prayers for an easy and uncomplicated birth so she can reach mummy and daddy's arms quickly and safely.

Azvanna
27 Jun 2015, 21:49
Hail!
So, to those of you who don't know, my girlfriend is pregnant. Well, tomorrow she is being induced, and our baby girl, Lillian Aurora, will join our world. I am so excited to be a father, words cannot express how happy I am that this day has finally come!! Just thought I'd share the fact that the time is finally here. I'll be uploading pictures later on this week.
Skul!

Congratulations Norse Angel! I wish your girlfriend every blessing in her labour.

Medusa
27 Jun 2015, 21:54
Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and mamma.

Näre
27 Jun 2015, 22:29
Gratulerar! Blessings to all of you! *raising an imaginary horn of mead for your honour*

Tylluan Penry
27 Jun 2015, 22:53
That's great news, I'm so pleased for you! Sending big Welsh hugs and blessings to you and your girlfriend for a safe and speedy delivery.
Fer thu hal! (sorry it won't give me the thorn rune, and it's not norse but Anglo-Saxon - it means be strong in spirit!)

kalynraye
27 Jun 2015, 23:00
Congrats Sunshine, I hope all goes well and smoothly.

Shinjin
28 Jun 2015, 03:20
May the baby be blessed with eternal love from the Gods and his parents, which undoubtedly will be just fine :)

Have fun being a dad, my girl was already pregnant when I came into the picture.

Though the kid isn't my blood, I love him as my own. I am sure you're going to love being a daddy, I do.

DanieMarie
28 Jun 2015, 04:21
Congrats! Exciting times!

anunitu
28 Jun 2015, 04:44
Just a heads up NA,your life is about to change for the better,becoming a parent is one of life's great moments. Wishing for a smooth birth and a joyous first meeting between you and your new daughter..

LearningMan
28 Jun 2015, 05:31
Congratulations!

Shahaku
28 Jun 2015, 06:53
Congrats! It will be a beautiful day. Good luck and many blessings!

iris
28 Jun 2015, 07:33
Congratulations :) wish all three of you the best.

thalassa
28 Jun 2015, 10:44
CONGRATS!!!

(we expect photos around here...we like to see the new babies in their little hospital issued hats)

Norse_Angel
28 Jun 2015, 16:40
So inducement has started. I'll keep you all posted as time goes on. :)

Munin-Hugin
28 Jun 2015, 16:46
Break out the Berkana runes!

Norse_Angel
28 Jun 2015, 17:17
What I do have here is a birthing candle, with a sachet of lilies tied around it, and a charm interlaced with the string. I also have a tonic I made last night with ground lilies and rose, with a Quartz Crystal. The candle shall be lit when she is crowning, and blown out when the baby has arrived. The tonic will be used to draw a birthing rune on her forehead by feather. Thoughts?

Munin-Hugin
28 Jun 2015, 17:36
What I do have here is a birthing candle, with a sachet of lilies tied around it, and a charm interlaced with the string. I also have a tonic I made last night with ground lilies and rose, with a Quartz Crystal. The candle shall be lit when she is crowning, and blown out when the baby has arrived. The tonic will be used to draw a birthing rune on her forehead by feather. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Much better than taking a knife and cutting a berkana rune into her wrist.

Rick
29 Jun 2015, 00:24
That thirteenth I know if thane’s son I shall
Wet with sacred mead:
Ne’er will he fall, though hot be the fray,
Nor sink down, wounded by steel.
Havamal 158:1-4

I think singing/chanting Berkana/Berchta/Birch over the sweet wee bairn when you sprinkle her with mead at her naming should suffice.

Congratulations. Children are a blessing.

Tylluan Penry
29 Jun 2015, 03:52
But if, in the heat of the moment, you forget any of these things, NA, please don't feel you've failed. The gods are much kinder about these things than we realise. Good luck!

Norse_Angel
29 Jun 2015, 06:11
Welcome to the world Lillian Aurora. Blessed be the Gods for this wonderful gift. Thank you all for your support.

anunitu
29 Jun 2015, 06:21
Welcome Lillian Aurora,welcome to the planet,may your life be a blessing to all you meet.

Shinjin
29 Jun 2015, 06:24
Welcome Lillian Aurora, precious wonder, may you bless the lives and be blessed to everyone you meet, and touch their lives.

Näre
29 Jun 2015, 06:51
Welcome, many blessings to the family! You're a clan now! :D
Such deep eyes. That girl will move mountains.

Tylluan Penry
29 Jun 2015, 07:40
Welcome, cariad! Now you are a family, and you discover a depth of love for that precious little girl that you could never have guessed. Be blessed, little sweetheart. X

thalassa
29 Jun 2015, 09:04
YAY!!! A baby!!! How adorable in her little hat and blankie! Does she have the little baby lojack anklet?

(I love how they mostly get issued the same hat and blankie here in the US--no matter where you live, there's a good chance its the teal and magenta blankie and the little girl/boy stripe hat)

iris
29 Jun 2015, 09:26
Welcome Lillian Aurora :) that's a beautiful name. And she looks precious. Enjoy being a father!

DanieMarie
29 Jun 2015, 11:45
awww adorable eyes!

Hawkfeathers
29 Jun 2015, 13:06
Congratulations!

gelman66
29 Jun 2015, 14:14
Yes this a miraculous moment. For those that do not believe in miracles, I can only say, perhaps they have not experienced the birth of their own child. Reason does not explain it in way that matches the personal experience when it happens to you. I can honestly say I felt different about spiritual matters after I became a father.

Good luck to you and your daughter on your journeyy together,

Wenny
29 Jun 2015, 15:22
Happy day of birth!! You are so beautiful!

Norse_Angel
29 Jun 2015, 15:47
Happy day of birth!! You are so beautiful!

Just like mommy :) thank you all for the well wishes. More pictures to come