PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of life...

B. de Corbin
28 Aug 2015, 05:38
Is the Hooky-Pokey REALLY what it's all about?

anunitu
28 Aug 2015, 06:43
Well that or the Chicken dance..

faye_cat
28 Aug 2015, 09:23
One time when I still worked as a bartender, this drunk guy kept asking me this question and waxing "poetic" (and slurringly sad). I waited until he asked me again, and then I said "The meaning of life is to figure it out."

He looked at me, then said, "Nah" and asked for another beer. (He left a good tip though!)

anunitu
28 Aug 2015, 09:28
We be getting into the whole 42 issue here.

thalassa
29 Aug 2015, 11:31
Biologically speaking the meaning of life is to have grandchildren... Otherwise I'm pretty sure it's whatever you make it

anunitu
29 Aug 2015, 11:32
Grand kids rock Thal....

Kiesha'ra
29 Aug 2015, 12:00
Monty Python comes to mind...

https://youtu.be/WlBiLNN1NhQ

Azvanna
29 Aug 2015, 13:22
That song is going to stay with me for the rest of the day. Thanks.

Munin-Hugin
29 Aug 2015, 13:40
The meaning of Life: the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

Nightingale
29 Aug 2015, 17:45
We be getting into the whole 42 issue here.

42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. being the answer might mean it's the meaning of life, or that could be another question entirely

Willow
29 Aug 2015, 21:07
What's a "hooky" pokey? Is that when you skip class but then walk really slow like on bay watch down the ice cream store?

>.>.........
<.<........

*hides*

kalynraye
29 Aug 2015, 22:31
42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. being the answer might mean it's the meaning of life, or that could be another question entirely

I second this!!! Also I hope you have your towel. Can't go anywhere without your towel. One of my favorite quotes which is in my signature come from a most charismatic Ford.

B. de Corbin
30 Aug 2015, 04:36
What's a "hooky" pokey? Is that when you skip class but then walk really slow like on bay watch down the ice cream store?

>.>.........
<.<........

*hides*

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

anunitu
30 Aug 2015, 05:15
And really bad eggs

iris
30 Aug 2015, 06:23

You do the hokey pokey

How does the rest of that go? In danish it's called boogie woogie :p same melody, same moves... but the chorous goes 'heeeeey boogie woogie woogie'... that just sounds weird if I try to fill in hookey-pokey :p

Jembru
30 Aug 2015, 06:48
It's the hokey cokey for us brits! Not sure why it was changed.. I'm with Nightingale though. It's 42.

I want to go back in time and switch the earliest copies of every holy book with hitchikers guide. Either the world would be a much better place, or it would be rewritten to suit the agendas of various people in power, so many times that it loses all meaning, and wars will be fought over whether 42 should be taken literally or figuratively... Either way, I'd join the cult of the towel any day...

LearningMan
30 Aug 2015, 07:24
I'm not sure. Is the Hokey Pokey really what it's all about? I... I don't know! Is it? You put your right foot in... What could it all mean? ANSWER ME! Oh god... *softly weeps in the corner*

Nightingale
30 Aug 2015, 07:29
I second this!!! Also I hope you have your towel. Can't go anywhere without your towel. One of my favorite quotes which is in my signature come from a most charismatic Ford.

well of course, I never go anywhere without my wonderful towel!

also I love both of your signature quotes

Gleb
30 Aug 2015, 07:40

You do the hokey pokey
Am I the only one who finds that dirty? :p

anunitu
30 Aug 2015, 07:48
Oh my,this will end in tears I am sure of it...

Gleb
30 Aug 2015, 08:00
Oh my,this will end in tears I am sure of it...
Not mine, I hope. :p

anunitu
30 Aug 2015, 08:12
Per HGTTG...Depressed robot..

Näre
30 Aug 2015, 09:08
I never liked that robot.

anunitu
30 Aug 2015, 09:10
More for it to be depressed about then

Näre
30 Aug 2015, 09:23
I think you ought to know I'm very depressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4P3pvKmbsg

October
03 Sep 2015, 07:26
The song is unequivocal on this.

'That's what it's all about.'

No room for debate.

B. de Corbin
04 Sep 2015, 00:41
Am I the only one who finds that dirty? :p

Gleb, this is what passes for "sex education" in much of the United States.

In fact, reciting this song in Alabama will get you a master's degree, and qualify you as a school counselor.

Gleb
04 Sep 2015, 01:09
Gleb, this is what passes for "sex education" in much of the United States.

In fact, reciting this song in Alabama will get you a master's degree, and qualify you as a school counselor.
Wow.. Scary...