PDA

View Full Version : The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Medusa
05 Sep 2015, 21:31
I can only imagine them in our afterlife bugging to go to the gates of heaven.

anunitu
06 Sep 2015, 00:19
but you know they get the special "Been to confession" package deal(comes with the get out of everything card)..and you get the special meal of loves and fishes..

Hawkfeathers
08 Sep 2015, 05:36
I hate when people say they are soooooo sick but they got up and went to work or whatever. Or in so much pain but they went hiking. Lemme tell ya, if you're sick you're not able to stay on your feet. And if you're in pain you are in tears just trying to walk or whatever. So shut up.

kalynraye
08 Sep 2015, 11:38
Its not really a rant but more of a whine... For a country that requires us to have insurance it sure is freakin expensive. I added KP to my insurance at the beginning of the month and now would like to bang my head against the wall for doing it. My insurance payment has not more then doubled. I knew it would go up but I didn't think it would be that much. All I added him to was the health insurance. He has dental and vision already. I'm also ready for our slow season to be over. I don't like money being this tight... alright whine is over.

Medusa
08 Sep 2015, 11:42
Its not really a rant but more of a whine... For a country that requires us to have insurance it sure is freakin expensive. I added KP to my insurance at the beginning of the month and now would like to bang my head against the wall for doing it. My insurance payment has not more then doubled. I knew it would go up but I didn't think it would be that much. All I added him to was the health insurance. He has dental and vision already. I'm also ready for our slow season to be over. I don't like money being this tight... alright whine is over.

Can you get financial assistance to cover part of your costs? Here in California when our taxes came last year, many of us got letters stating part or all of our costs could be covered based on our income. I'm so poor, it's all covered.

Hawkfeathers
08 Sep 2015, 11:48
This Kim Davis thing annoys me on many levels but one is that, decades ago, I worked for 3 months at a tiny company where I was told to lie to clients. I refused, hence the short tenure. I wasn't locked up, but I sure as heck didn't get famous. I was treated like crap and told I needed to find another job. It was a huge waste of time. These "stand by your principles" things don't work for normal people.

Corvus
08 Sep 2015, 15:08
I'm ready to cry over how expensive college is. There is no reason I should have to pay this much money. The only book I've been able to find free online is a play that's been public domain for years. I really cannot take this. I am being robbed and I'm supposed to thank them for the opportunity.

monsno_leedra
08 Sep 2015, 15:30
I'm ready to cry over how expensive college is. There is no reason I should have to pay this much money. The only book I've been able to find free online is a play that's been public domain for years. I really cannot take this. I am being robbed and I'm supposed to thank them for the opportunity.

I can relate to that. Been sometime since I finished up my degree but I hated the special books and materials I always had to buy. 300-500 for a book that when sold back you might have got 100-150 for at best, all because the instructor wrote the book or updated it and demanded you have it for his / her class. I especially hated the have to have book or item that you never once used in the class.

That doesn't even touch the non-educational expenses that you incur such as housing, food, clothing and maintenance, etc. Being military and going to different schools I avoided a lot of the housing costs but it still got expensive. Have to admit though I did enjoy the fact many of the bases had short terms of 8 weeks vice the on campus term of 16 weeks per class. Still paid the same cost but went to class every day for some or 3 to 4 times a week for others.

Figure pursuing an Associate or Bachelor is one thing the cost really goes crazy when you go for a Master's or Doctorate level degree's. Heck just getting a certificate for many programs it costly enough.

Hawkfeathers
08 Sep 2015, 16:37
$500. for a book???? Wow. What a racket. I remember spending about $100. per semester for all my books. (Yeah I know, I'm old.)

monsno_leedra
08 Sep 2015, 17:01
$500. for a book???? Wow. What a racket. I remember spending about $100. per semester for all my books. (Yeah I know, I'm old.)

It was for a history of art class I had to take. Normally the class used an older book that you could get used for about 100 dollars but that particular semester the instructor had updated the book and we could no longer use an older version. Though some of us swore he didn't update it simply made an endorsement for the author and got a proceed from it. I think the school got a lot of complaints because the next semester I recall the price dropped back down and you could use the older version again. Took a heck of a loss when I sold that one back to recoup some of my money. It was the most expensive book I recall having to purchase.

Saw the same thing happen in one of my 300 level history courses. The professor had written a book on Kennedy and we had to have that book for the course. Paid a little over a hundred for the book near as I recall but never once opened the book for the class. That one was through the University of Maryland European Division near as I recall. Another book that you couldn't sell back or pass to someone else to get your money back.

Some of them I kept and other's I've lost over the years either through donations to a library or just gave away. It got to the point that a number of us shopped the university / college's in the local area and would take the same class at a cheaper rate then transfer the credits to another school. Of course that mostly applied to the general education classes that all schools offered not the subject specific classes that were called for for specific degree concentrations.

Kiesha'ra
08 Sep 2015, 17:32
So, even though I live at home though in the sable house (an apartment above the sable) care for the horses in the middle of the night and call the vet at all hours of the night as well as train them and teach clients how to ride, I pay rent, buy my own food and clothes and have just acquired my pilots license and officially am on stand by for airfield ( I just got a job doing tourist fly arounds) my mother says I MUST still attend University to obtain my physicist PH.D or I need to move out because, and I quote, " no daughter of her's is going to be a nomadic pilot vagabond that is a paganist. I support her religion choice but not her wayward career". Jewish mother at her finest. My brother agrees and my sister says I can stay in her spare room at her house. What a nightmare! And dad is afraid to tell my mom to ***k off but supports me.

kalynraye
08 Sep 2015, 18:32
Can you get financial assistance to cover part of your costs? Here in California when our taxes came last year, many of us got letters stating part or all of our costs could be covered based on our income. I'm so poor, it's all covered.

I wish but unfortunately no. We make decent money but no one takes my student loans into account. When he applied for fasfa we were denied because they said we made to much but never mind half of my income goes to paying for my now worthless degree. Yes worthless the school lost its accreditation 2 years after I graduated which means his is also worthless.

MaskedOne
08 Sep 2015, 18:34
Rookie, I'm generally moderately forgiving of screw-ups provided I see ample evidence of effort. However, if you make a habit of bungling relatively easy closing responsibilities so badly that a benevolent description of your efforts results in the general manager telling me to go do the job right then I may be tempted to hang you from the ceiling by a very inconvenient portion of your anatomy. Do not do this again.

iris
09 Sep 2015, 02:42
My mail acount has been blocked. My backup mail hasn't been used for years and seems to not exist anymore. So I have to fill out a bunch of questions and wait 24 hours praying it's enough to reopen it... so has my mail been hacked? I doubt it. I did, however, log in from my computer last night - I usually use my phone. That's apparently enough to have it closed...

anunitu
09 Sep 2015, 04:00
I use Mozilla Thunderbird,or did..Gmail it seems considers Thunderbird NOT secure enough and so will not allow it to log into my Gmail.

Hawkfeathers
09 Sep 2015, 05:57
Apparently, AT&T cell phones are having problems in the area. Everybody's whining.
Keep a landline, people, if at all possible! First of all, unless you are diligent about keeping that cell phone in your pocket, it does you no good at the other end of the house if you need to call for help. Secondly, most times when power goes out, even cell towers, you still have a dial tone and can use your real phone.

Willow
09 Sep 2015, 06:07
My 3 day weekend destroyed and now I get to spend the day feeling ill.

After I talk to my employer I think I'm going to hide in my video games until work happens tomorrow.

volcaniclastic
09 Sep 2015, 06:07
My alarm has gone off, and I'm still sleepy. :(

habbalah
09 Sep 2015, 06:10
Finally home from petsitting. I didn't mind doing it by any means, but what kind of cave people don't have internet in their home?!

October
09 Sep 2015, 06:23
I'd dreading reading this chapter. It's not my fave story to begin with, I've already read this rewritten chapter, and now she wants us to read the re-rewritten chapter, This will be round 3 for one, extra-long chapter. And I very rarely reread books I actually liked!

DanieMarie
09 Sep 2015, 12:27

Look for UK and European editions. They might have a few page changes and UK spelling, but they tend to be mostly the same. Textbooks are WAY cheaper in the UK. Also:

http://lifehacker.com/5613591/the-complete-guide-to-getting-cheap-textbooks
http://time.com/money/3145064/college-textbooks-save-cheaper-rental-used-online-ebooks/
http://www.thesimpledollar.com/how-to-save-money-on-college-textbooks/

I can vouch for a lot of those tips.

I think how textbooks are priced in North America is criminal. But people get creative at getting around those high prices.

Medusa
09 Sep 2015, 23:12
Oh my god. Satan! Jesus I'm ready to repent. Paaaleeeeese. I cannot handle this heat. I cannot! I will go back to church. Say my hail marys. I can't handle this heat. I'm no good in hell. What am I going to do?

We opened our door tonight to leave work at 11pm. And you can just feel the heat like you stuck your head in an oven.

I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm dying.
I'm dead.
I'm alive again
zombie does not like the heat.

iris
09 Sep 2015, 23:16
Oh my god. Satan! Jesus I'm ready to repent. Paaaleeeeese. I cannot handle this heat. I cannot! I will go back to church. Say my hail marys. I can't handle this heat. I'm no good in hell. What am I going to do?

We opened our door tonight to leave work at 11pm. And you can just feel the heat like you stuck your head in an oven.

I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm dying.
I'm dead.
I'm alive again
zombie does not like the heat.

Do more bad things :p heat rises, I saw someone somewhere postulate that therefor the lower levels of hell should be cooler than the higher. So you just have to get yourself to the bottom.

Medusa
09 Sep 2015, 23:18
I'm about to kill a kitten if I have to. It's 86 degrees at MIDNIGHT!

iris
09 Sep 2015, 23:22
Yikes... that's about as high as we ever get during the day.

Medusa
10 Sep 2015, 00:58
2am and it's 82 degrees. :mad:

anunitu
10 Sep 2015, 03:16
Why I always loved SF...even if the day temp was 90-100 right at 6 the fog rolled in,and it cooled to no more than 50,and 40 at night normally.

Bartmanhomer
10 Sep 2015, 09:18
I just don't understand why Bill Cosby raped all these woman? At first I didn't believe if all 50 women was telling truth that Bill Cosby raped them. But now I know the truth. Bill Cosby raped all these women. I used to be a fan of Bill COsby but not anymore. What's bothers me about this whole accusation why didn't any of these women come forward about by 20, 30, 40 or 50 years sooner. They should have report his behind for the beginning. I just don't get it. :mad:

October
10 Sep 2015, 09:38
Starbucks ran out of Pumpkin Scones before I got there at 7:15 this morning.

People in this town muscling in on my autumn traditions... *huff*

Gleb
10 Sep 2015, 09:43
Umm.. Guys, I just noticed. Why Rant Thread V 1.2?? O_O

anunitu
10 Sep 2015, 09:44
Cause it was as I believe trimmed Gleb..

Gleb
10 Sep 2015, 09:45
Ohh... Okay.

thalassa
10 Sep 2015, 17:36
Ugh.........interview sucked. Panel phone interview....there is just no way for that to go hopefully I get it, but I won't be surprised if I don't :(

Medusa
10 Sep 2015, 19:07
During his hay days, accusing Cosby of rape would be like accusing Jesus of lying about the walking on water thing. It just wouldn't fly. He was and is a very powerful man in the entertainment world. Power pushes victims to stay silent. It sucks.

anubisa
10 Sep 2015, 19:31
I agree with you Medusa. Bill Cosby is still very powerful, but thankfully many are coming forward. Unfortunately, due to the law, they can't file against him. I'm hoping that he gets what he deserves though. Just because he is a star didn't and doesn't mean he is above the law.

Gleb
11 Sep 2015, 00:23
I hate physics.... Ugh!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And the teacher too... ><

Bartmanhomer
11 Sep 2015, 05:02
Yes. All his old TV shows from various networks was yanked off the air.

kalynraye
11 Sep 2015, 10:38
I have had the same dream for the last two days. I don't normally redream, and I can honestly say its starting to upset me. I don't like it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And lets just go ahead and admit I'm in freakin tears cause this slow season is killing me and my checks aren't enough to pay my part of the bills, and yes he has been getting overtime and I can't even get close to 40, he of course has no problem covering what I can' but I DO. Those are my responsibilities, and I don't like asking for help.

October
11 Sep 2015, 12:52
I am so unbelievably done with today. I swear to whoever, WOE BETIDE the next person who asks me to move from this couch.

Watchful Wanderer
13 Sep 2015, 18:39
I have had the same dream for the last two days. I don't normally redream, and I can honestly say its starting to upset me. I don't like it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And lets just go ahead and admit I'm in freakin tears cause this slow season is killing me and my checks aren't enough to pay my part of the bills, and yes he has been getting overtime and I can't even get close to 40, he of course has no problem covering what I can' but I DO. Those are my responsibilities, and I don't like asking for help.

I can't rarely seem to dream at all(why? I don't really know for sure, I have a few theories though.) and on the off chance that I do, I can never recall it.

Also, financial struggle is rough, I can relate.

Cynica the Ageless
13 Sep 2015, 18:53
Arizona problems?

Shahaku
14 Sep 2015, 04:36
I really hate being sick. Like really, really hate this. I'm a week in to a cough that seems like it's never going to end (fever of 101, vomiting cause I'm coughing so hard type of cough) and I just want to sleep. The thought of going in to work today makes me want to cry.

anunitu
14 Sep 2015, 05:50
If that is the flu,it sounds like one from back in the mid 90's I had,took about 2 months to finally go away...

Shahaku
14 Sep 2015, 05:56
If that is the flu,it sounds like one from back in the mid 90's I had,took about 2 months to finally go away...

Ugh. My daughter had it for about a week. Girlfriend for about 5 days. Husband for about a day and a half. Tomorrow is a full week for me. I get walking pneumonia every year though and thought that might be what this is, but typically the antibiotics kick it in the butt and this isn't responding at all. So... yeah. Probably the flu. Idk. Just tired.

anunitu
14 Sep 2015, 05:59
Sadly some strains wait years to hit,I have heard about a few strains that hit back in the 80's-90's,and each year several strains hit again,and you are immune if you got it in the way back,but the flu is always evolving it seems..

Wenny
14 Sep 2015, 11:07
I have ear infection. Boo.

callmeclemens
14 Sep 2015, 13:10
I think for the first time in my life I can say that there is no place, or need in my heart for the Christianity I've known so well.

I've found inner peace and fulfillment without it. I'm ready to wholly embrace new ideas.

volcaniclastic
15 Sep 2015, 06:26
Got invited to the bar last night. Wasn't feeling well, but wanted to say hello to people. Ordered water. That's unrelated. While I'm sitting there, a really good friend of mine from university back home walks into the bar, sits down at our table, knows everyone, and say she's been living up here for four months.

...and instead of being happy to see an old friend, I caught myself feeling anxious and off-guard and a little bit pissed, that we were great friends all through university, and when I got rid of Facebook, I never heard from her again. I don't even want to be her friend now. And I was mad that she is somehow friends with my friends.

You don't have a right to live up here. This is my town. I moved here.

And then I was worried that I looked exactly the same to her, and that nothing had changed. Until I went home, and looked in the mirror, and realized that nothing is the same as it was back then.

But I don't know why I'm mad. She didn't do anything. I think I'm just mad that my old life is encroaching on my new one. This is the second university friend I've found up here this year. ...and how are they getting the jobs I can't find?

:(

faye_cat
15 Sep 2015, 12:47
My brother in law is trying to pass off his dachshund/rat terrier puppies as full blooded, and even offering to sale them with papers. If he manages to make money off them, I'm afraid he's going to try to serial breed his dog in order to make more. He's a crappy pet owner, and will never learn from his mistakes. He lost his job because apparently he stole about 4500 worth of stuff, but he claims they are just bullying him. Yeah right. Urgh. If his dog gets pregnant again my husband and I are definitely taking the dog and finding it a good home. Serial breeders/backyard breeders in general anger me, but for him to do it is just rage inducing.

habbalah
15 Sep 2015, 17:55
If you need me to do something RIGHT THIS SECOND, then tell me RIGHT THIS SECOND. I didn't know that waiting ten minutes until I finished something first would throw such a wrench in your plans.

Medusa
15 Sep 2015, 19:53
Boss calls me in early (it's was raining and I had to take the buses to work. bleh).
Closing manager wants me to stay later.
You have 8.5 hours of me and then it's over. Figure it out!
I can't be both your Gal Fridays!

Wenny
16 Sep 2015, 06:49
Husband just called and said that he just walk out of his job. Again. WWhy can't you keep a job, we were so close and now we are back at square 1.

callmeclemens
16 Sep 2015, 06:57
Husband just called and said that he just walk out of his job. Again. WWhy can't you keep a job, we were so close and now we are back at square 1.

I'm sorry to hear that. My wife recently did the same, and boy was it poor timing.

I want her to really be happy, and fulfilled in life though, so I'll try and make it work.

What is it your husband is upset with, looking for?

anunitu
16 Sep 2015, 07:15
Thing is,no one really likes their job(There might be a few,but not many) and a job is needed even if you are not all that happy(Also rule number 1,if you want to quit,ALWAYS have another job waiting) It sucks having no job,and looking desperately as the money runs out.

Just my thoughts(Have been there,done that BTW)(But only once)

Also,when you become desperate for a job,you end up in a crap job,and it becomes a cycle.
Plan ahead as to where you want to be in a working environment.

thalassa
16 Sep 2015, 07:22
Thing is,no one really likes their job(There might be a few,but not many) and a job is needed even if you are not all that happy(Also rule number 1,if you want to quit,ALWAYS have another job waiting) It sucks having no job,and looking desperately as the money runs out.

I'm lucky in that I don't dislike my job. Its not particularly fulfilling, its definately not something I feel "called" to do. But...its important, there is a value to it (other than the money I make), and it has good benefits. Some days are better than others, some days are worse than others...but the people are mostly cool, and its variable---some time in the office, some time in the field, so complaining would make me a bit of a jerk.

This makes me particularly bummed that I will (for the first time ever) be quitting a job without a job to replace it. Although, that has been moved back from October to December...so I have more time to find a job. Unless I got that job I applied for...still no word.

MaskedOne
16 Sep 2015, 07:25

Again?

This is a habit?

Wenny
16 Sep 2015, 11:09
I'm sorry to hear that. My wife recently did the same, and boy was it poor timing.

I want her to really be happy, and fulfilled in life though, so I'll try and make it work.

What is it your husband is upset with, looking for?

He was upset how his boss was handling his vacations. Like he just went on a cruise and then he was suppose to be here 2 days then go on another vacation. He then has like 200 packages to sort and his boss wasn't help so they were behind. He said he just got so frustrated that he walked out.

- - - Updated - - -

Again?

This is a habit?

As much as I want to make excuse and saying just a string of bad bosses. Yes. This 2nd time he walk out.

DragonsFriend
16 Sep 2015, 16:42
That kind of behavior sounds a bit immature...
But I have limited information. If this is habitual behavior perhaps some counseling could help.

Medusa
18 Sep 2015, 22:51
Sigh. My din din was a disaster. The rice was too dry. So I went with a quesadilla. I put too much butter or something. I dunno. My cooking skills pretty much sucked tonight.

meep!:(

Bartmanhomer
19 Sep 2015, 08:14
I know it's old news but I just wanted to get his my chest. There's used to be a famous Youtuber called Davidsfarm. He's a car mechanic and do hilarious stunts until a TV show called 16:9 the bigger picture exposed Davidsfarm as a pedophile. Here's the link to the video for more information: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io04kjf-Rgk Anyway they found out that he's got a criminal record for molesting young boys and he's sentence one year in prison back in the early 1990s. This was really pissed me out why on earth was he charged with a lesser sentence? This doesn't make any sense, they should have him sentenced for life! :mad:

DanieMarie
19 Sep 2015, 13:06
If you're a Marvel movie fan, you REALLY have to watch all of them, don't you? I haven't seen a few of them, and as I'm closing the gap, I'm realizing that I was "missing" something from the other movies I've seen.

monsno_leedra
19 Sep 2015, 13:09
If you're a Marvel movie fan, you REALLY have to watch all of them, don't you? I haven't seen a few of them, and as I'm closing the gap, I'm realizing that I was "missing" something from the other movies I've seen.

Seems not only have to watch them all but also watch them in a certain order to see how they cross over. It's like Guardian's of the Galaxy ties into the new Avengers movie Age of Ultron when Thor is talking about other "Stones" appearing and which ones they are. Yet that also ties it back into the Thor movies as well as Captain American First Avenger and the Tesarac.

MaskedOne
19 Sep 2015, 13:12

You will miss things if you skip one of the MCU movies since those are built into a connected storyline but you don't necessarily need to see all of them to enjoy them. I've skipped the later Iron Man movies without losing much fun.

The X-men movies, the Daredevil movie (not show), Electra, probably the Toby Maguire Spider Man movies are not part of the MCU and are not tied in. There are probably some others.

monsno_leedra
19 Sep 2015, 13:25
You will miss things if you skip one of the MCU movies since those are built into a connected storyline but you don't necessarily need to see all of them to enjoy them. I've skipped the later Iron Man movies without losing much fun.

The X-men movies, the Daredevil movie (not show), Electra, probably the Toby Maguire Spider Man movies are not part of the MCU and are not tied in. There are probably some others.

Even the X-men will get iffy though. Figure Peatro and Wanda Maximoff were introduced in the new Avengers movie and they are the children of Magneto. Then not shown yet but the connection between Captain America and Wolverine during WWII and fighting Red Skull which could also be brought in.

Not sure if the current Antman movie will tie in. Figure the Fantastic Four have not tied in though can't say for the latest failure as I have not seen that one. Will be interesting to see about the Spiderman movies as rumor has it he is supposed to be in one of the in-production movies to tie him into the story lines.

Munin-Hugin
19 Sep 2015, 13:35
Even the X-men will get iffy though. Figure Peatro and Wanda Maximoff were introduced in the new Avengers movie and they are the children of Magneto. Then not shown yet but the connection between Captain America and Wolverine during WWII and fighting Red Skull which could also be brought in.

Not sure if the current Antman movie will tie in. Figure the Fantastic Four have not tied in though can't say for the latest failure as I have not seen that one. Will be interesting to see about the Spiderman movies as rumor has it he is supposed to be in one of the in-production movies to tie him into the story lines.

There cannot be any ties made between the current MCU and the X-men. IN fact, if you have watched any of the Agents of SHIELD, they refrain from mentioning "mutants" at all. That's because Marvel doesn't have the movie property rights to the X-Men, and Fox has forbidden them from making mention of them in their productions. So, you'll never hear Marvel mention the relationship between Magneto and his kids or Cap and Wolverine (at least in movies). With the recent failure of the newest Fantastic Four movie, there has been talk of Marvel buying the rights back to them so that they could perhaps do them proper justice, and there has been a deal made with Sony so that Marvel can use Spiderman from time to time, starting with Cap 3: Civil War.

MaskedOne
19 Sep 2015, 15:27

Munin-Hugin covered this pretty well. Yes there are points where comic fans know there's a tie but the X-men movie plotlines currently have no ties to the Marvel Cinematic Universe setting due to licensing shenanigans.

I wonder if Emperor Mouse has the money to buy Fox and then re-arrange things.

Jembru
20 Sep 2015, 06:15
We have a new rant thread! I panicked for a moment when I couldn't post in the last one. I hardly ever rant, so wondered what I could possibly have said that was so horrific as to get me banned from ranting! ^^

Anyway; memrise.com has been down since I got up this morning. I only have a few hundred left to learn and I'll have memorised all the jouyou kanji (the general-use characters taught in Japanese schools that everyone is expected to be able to read by adulthood). I've been cram-studying them this week while I'm off work because I'm sick of reading kids stories and I just want them nailed once and for all.

Why Memrise, why?? Why are you doing this to me???? ;_;

kalynraye
20 Sep 2015, 11:03
I want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly!!! Good lord I don't understand people, I don't understand how you can spend 6 years with someone that you don't even like. Your together, you get married, you have kids, you fight ALL the time.. You don't like how he treats you, he doesn't respect you, or take care of the girls, its all about him him him, he only takes care of himself. Then you separate, and then you get back together, then you do it again, and again. Finally you divorce, then your back together, and your separated. Then he starts seeing someone else and you just can't handle that, and your back together but hes still seeing said girl on the side, and then your not together and you hate him and you never want anything to do with him. And your fucking back together because hes changed THIS time and hes really committed.

All the while you only talk to me when things are going horribly with him but pretend like I don't exist when you convince yourself that your happy and things are going perfectly. Just like a really family should. And I've had enough. I'm finally freaking there and its taking all I have not to tell you your stupid and lying to yourself and that what your doing isn't good for the girls. You are damaging them by your constant change in relationship status with their father. A father who really doesn't care anything about them.

I really want to pick a fight, I really really want to. I want to know what the hell is going through her head but I know we wont speak to each other any more if I do, and I have to decide if its worth it.

Medusa
20 Sep 2015, 13:39
Could it not be exactly 101 degrees today?
Thanks. K. Die.

anunitu
20 Sep 2015, 13:43
I thought the rain cooled things down Duce..

Medusa
20 Sep 2015, 13:46
I thought the rain cooled things down Duce..

That was Satan giving us hope before he farted fire down here.
:mad:

Gleb
22 Sep 2015, 09:55
Asthma.... *hisses* This stupid thing, it bothers me. And my new inhaler stinks. Oh well....

Willow
22 Sep 2015, 10:02
I'm so tired of (well-meaning) people asking me what's wrong and after I'm able to explain a tiny bit of the story, they simply give me a one-line cliche response and expect that to be the end of it.

"Waiting it out," doesn't work.
"It will be ok," doesn't work.
"Do what's right for you," I can't. And I don't even know what that is anymore.
"Talk to someone, let it out," I just tried doing that and clearly nobody wants to hear the whole story or wade through it with me that isn't getting paid $200/hour to do so.
"You just need to move out," don't you think I tried? Finances are a thing.

Eff it. Don't ask to be an insider to a situation you can't understand.

thalassa
22 Sep 2015, 10:26
Asthma.... *hisses* This stupid thing, it bothers me. And my new inhaler stinks. Oh well....

I feel your pain.

Gleb
22 Sep 2015, 10:31
I feel your pain.
We should make an asthma hangout meeting some day.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I'm aware, I'm far from being the only asthma person in here.

anunitu
22 Sep 2015, 10:35
I have never suffered from asthma and I smoked a LOT before I finely quit. Grew up in the city,so breathed dirty air (near several factories,and a foundry) and never had breathing problems.

Gleb
22 Sep 2015, 10:39
I have never suffered from asthma and I smoked a LOT before I finely quit. Grew up in the city,so breathed dirty air (near several factories,and a foundry) and never had breathing problems.
Lucky you! ))))

anunitu
22 Sep 2015, 10:40
I think I just got good genes..never been allergic(though my older brother seemed to be allergic to a LOT of things)

Gleb
22 Sep 2015, 10:43
Asthma is genetic, more or less in my family, father's side. Grandma->father and aunt-> cousin-> me. Thal, is it the same more or less in your family too?

thalassa
22 Sep 2015, 11:30
Asthma is genetic, more or less in my family, father's side. Grandma->father and aunt-> cousin-> me. Thal, is it the same more or less in your family too?

I developed asthma after a really bad virus turned lung infection (upper and lower) turned pleurisy. I was sick for 3 months, followed by another 6 months of bronchitis. This happened about 3 years ago, and I've had asthma ever since.

I've akways had allergies, but it was mostly all in my head (physically, not mentally)...now every allergen pretty much causes an asthma attack, which my doc attributes to "you probably had a reaction before, but your lungs were healthy enough to handle it and now they can't".

Gleb
22 Sep 2015, 11:37
I developed asthma after a really bad virus turned lung infection (upper and lower) turned pleurisy. I was sick for 3 months, followed by another 6 months of bronchitis. This happened about 3 years ago, and I've had asthma ever since.

I've akways had allergies, but it was mostly all in my head (physically, not mentally)...now every allergen pretty much causes an asthma attack, which my doc attributes to "you probably had a reaction before, but your lungs were healthy enough to handle it and now they can't".
Sorry about that, Thal.. When I was in second grade, suddenly without any sign I had an asthma attack and spent 2 weeks in the hospital. The docs diagnosed me with asthma. At least now I'm more used to the smell of the old inhaler..

DragonsFriend
23 Sep 2015, 09:15
My younger brother and I had asthma when we were younger. Surprisingly we were allergic to ourselves. We both out grew the asthma as our bodies matured.
I am allergic to cats now but I believe I can get over it.

Munin-Hugin
23 Sep 2015, 14:10
I sometimes take a few minutes to entertain myself by browsing the Yahoo headlines, and today I came across something I had seen in the past that seriously gets me VERY upset. It was one of those "These Pinterest fail pictures will scare you!". They make me SO MAD because most of them are craft things that people most likely put tons of time and effort into, even though they just didn't come out quite right. Who's to say that mom wasn't super proud of her little girl for making "ghost cake pops" so posted the picture up? Who cares if they look like white frosted blobs with random candy stuck to them instead of ghosts? HAVE SOME FRIGGIN' RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND THEIR WILLINGNESS TO SHARE THEIR EFFORTS!

Medusa
23 Sep 2015, 19:24
I can't drive a forklift. I tried again while Josh (the asst manager) was guiding me. I crashed the tongs into a box containing I think a big power washer. Then as I tried to back up, I just scraped open the whole side of the box. So he told me to get off (nicely though. He knows my struggle). Then he did the job for the customer and then helped me practice parking it back into the tight spot. Then he clapped.

But still. I suck. :(

Prickly Pear
23 Sep 2015, 21:06
Aw Medusa, you are not alone. I think my husband us spent twenty-five percent of his work life fixing forklift mishaps. I would like to think he's as patient as your assistant manager. I bet you're kicking forklift booty in no time.

DragonsFriend
24 Sep 2015, 08:44
I was (I guess I still am) a certified trainer for Powered Industrial Trucks (forklifts)
I certified operators so they could legally operate forklifts.
I still have all my training stuff. I could send it to you if you think it might help.

iris
24 Sep 2015, 08:51
The news just brought these breaking news: facebook has been down for 20 minutes now. Oh wow. Apocalypse! Seriously. There must be something more relevant going on in the world!

Näre
24 Sep 2015, 09:54
The news just brought these breaking news: facebook has been down for 20 minutes now. Oh wow. Apocalypse! Seriously. There must be something more relevant going on in the world!So it is doomsday today! I KNEW IT!

faye_cat
24 Sep 2015, 11:11
I am about to lose my head at this cell phone company. I'm on my third phone (2nd replacement) in 2.5 weeks. I literally activated this phone last night, and what a surprise, there's something wrong with it! Only because for some reason I'm not "on the policy" I have to wait until Saturday to go down there with my husband to make sure that I don't get put through any runaround (AGAIN.) I'm furious.

October
24 Sep 2015, 11:47
OMG, Faye, I'm so sorry :-(

Medusa
24 Sep 2015, 13:13
I accidentally put my umbrella in the dryer at the laundromat.

I am an idiot.
:=(:

anunitu
25 Sep 2015, 08:00
Have done that Duce,not always easy to master...Remember some people never learn to drive a car let alone a fork...and I have known a few that should never have been allowed to drive a fork,cause of them thinking they were bumper cars...

- - - Updated - - -

Not the umbrella,though I imagine the melted plastic all over the cloths

Saw this,went WHAT??
http://static.thefrisky.com/uploads/2012/07/19/hat-poop-400x300.jpg

Says Umbrella hat..

Medusa
25 Sep 2015, 11:39
I went to bed late. No biggy. I close today anyways. Josh calls me at 9:30am asking where I was. In bed! That's where grumpy bear(sorry I had to)

Apparently Alex (who asked me to switch today) forgot he switched today.

And I couldn't go back to bed.

anunitu
25 Sep 2015, 11:54
You covered him I guess,but he "Forgot" to cover you back?

- - - Updated - - -

You have my permission to smack this guy upside his melon to help jog his memory.

Medusa
25 Sep 2015, 12:08
Oh he went in for my shift an hour later. And I'm still closing. I'm all cleared :D

Gleb
25 Sep 2015, 23:36
THE DAMNED DOG ATE MY BREAKFAST!! O_____________O
Grrrr... That's why I am a cat person. Cats ask BEFORE taking it. In the end I ended up consuming two pieces of cake which weren't planned at all to be in my breakfast..

Munin-Hugin
25 Sep 2015, 23:48
There's nothing wrong with cake for breakfast! But I wouldn't go that far to say cats ask. There's been many a time I'll have my plate set in the table (I often eat on a low table while watching tv), only to spot a single paw reaching up and probing around until she can manage to hook a piece of food with a claw. Then she steals and runs!

Gleb
26 Sep 2015, 00:02
There's nothing wrong with cake for breakfast! But I wouldn't go that far to say cats ask. There's been many a time I'll have my plate set in the table (I often eat on a low table while watching tv), only to spot a single paw reaching up and probing around until she can manage to hook a piece of food with a claw. Then she steals and runs!
Lol. Sorry, Munin. I guess my cat is like this. Took a cup of beer not too long ago. I needed a release.

Näre
26 Sep 2015, 00:17
My parents' cat asks: first he sits, then he raises his paw and if there's still no food coming he'll open his mouth and turns into a hairy Pavarotti impersonator.
That cat is a sonic weapon.

Gleb
26 Sep 2015, 00:19
Lol, those are cats for you. :D
Our cat gets on the table too. Even if it's the kitchen table. First it looks at me with the "Will you give me some of it?" look

Prickly Pear
26 Sep 2015, 07:23
When I was younger, anytime you had a kind of food that you hold in your hand (ice cream on a stick, corn on the cob) there would be a black and white flash. Then your hand would be empty. It was so fast you wondered if you had just imagined that ice cream bar. She was a great cat though, very mild mannered otherwise.

B. de Corbin
26 Sep 2015, 10:33
Just spent two days wiping "buzzdock" and "magical something-crap" malware off my computer. Had to use four different programs to find everything... It put friggin' junk EVERYWHERE.

magusphredde
26 Sep 2015, 22:32
Had a piece of "something" attack my computer ... Locked up whole thing ... Even the mouse ... Screen said I had 24 hours to send 2 payments of $250 to such-and-such account thru Paypal or Visa and they would unlock my computer or else Interpol would be investigating me for international distribution of porn ... ... ... I got another laptop ...

- - - Updated - - -

thalassa
27 Sep 2015, 02:11
Chickadee's little friend tthat spent the night NEVER WENT TO SLEEP.

monsno_leedra
27 Sep 2015, 06:42
Had a piece of "something" attack my computer ... Locked up whole thing ... Even the mouse ... Screen said I had 24 hours to send 2 payments of $250 to such-and-such account thru Paypal or Visa and they would unlock my computer or else Interpol would be investigating me for international distribution of porn ... ... ... I got another laptop ...

- - - Updated - - -

I've got hit with that a couple of times now. Seem's it's a big thing, especially on some porn sites that have video's. Most times you have to restart the computer to clear it and delete the page other times it's not as advanced and you can delete the page. First time it happened to me I happened to be on youtube and the video started to play then that warning popped up. Pain in the butt for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I've got hit with that a couple of times now. Seem's it's a big thing, especially on some porn sites that have video's. Most times you have to restart the computer to clear it and delete the page other times it's not as advanced and you can delete the page. First time it happened to me I happened to be on youtube and the video started to play then that warning popped up. Pain in the butt for sure.

Munin-Hugin
27 Sep 2015, 07:36
I've had something similar happen in the past, and have learned how to get rid of it. Do a hard reboot so that you can start up in Safe Mode with Networking. Not sure how much you know about computers, so I'll explain in my own terms (since I'm not too knowledgeable myself, I just know a few things) what that does. It sets it up so only the very basic of systems will be running, preventing stuff like viruses and malware to start up, while the networking allows you to still access the web. From there, I go to BleepingComputer.Com and download Combofix. While still in safemode, I run that program which will pretty much get rid of everything. I mean, it even considers Skype to be a potential virus so deletes that as well.

Once it's done, restart as normal, and you should be clear. I've also downloaded Malware Bytes, and run that once a week or so. An emergency tech in my area suggested both of those to me over the phone, as that was what he would do if he made a housecall. Except over the phone it was free, and it would cost me $70 if he showed up to do it.

monsno_leedra
27 Sep 2015, 07:59
I've had something similar happen in the past, and have learned how to get rid of it. Do a hard reboot so that you can start up in Safe Mode with Networking. Not sure how much you know about computers, so I'll explain in my own terms (since I'm not too knowledgeable myself, I just know a few things) what that does. It sets it up so only the very basic of systems will be running, preventing stuff like viruses and malware to start up, while the networking allows you to still access the web. From there, I go to BleepingComputer.Com and download Combofix. While still in safemode, I run that program which will pretty much get rid of everything. I mean, it even considers Skype to be a potential virus so deletes that as well.

Once it's done, restart as normal, and you should be clear. I've also downloaded Malware Bytes, and run that once a week or so. An emergency tech in my area suggested both of those to me over the phone, as that was what he would do if he made a housecall. Except over the phone it was free, and it would cost me $70 if he showed up to do it.

Very much agree with running the malware, virus checkers and such after one of those hit. I tend to run them about once a week or more as a lot of malware seems to get slipped in especially the pup programs. Can take a few hours or more to do all of it but it's worth it in the long run.

DragonsFriend
27 Sep 2015, 11:25
I use Linux on my computers. I have never had a virus attack. I do run the recommended anti-virus and malware software but the way Linux works it is less likely to be attacked.
I keep all my information backed up and if I ever do get hit I can reload Linux and be back up and running in an hour. Another good point is that it's free. All the software on my computer is open source software and the software I write is also open source software. It is all free and modifiable because the source code is always available.

Medusa
27 Sep 2015, 12:19
Oh my Satan, I work tonight 6pm to 2 am! And I'm awake. I should be asleep. But I'm eating my pizza and doing maps for my car route. It's the end of the world as we know it. And I'm sorta sleeeepy.

(but at least it's when the store is closed and I don't need to talk to anyone. So I can put on my zombie audiobook and be anti social)

Munin-Hugin
28 Sep 2015, 05:10
So this morning I've only been in work for 3 hours and have gotten so frustrated and annoyed that the boss had to tell me to calm down because a few of the guys complained that I was being verbally abusive. Yeah, when I look at it, it wasn't really their faults, but they are the direct cause of it. I know it's busy and the end of the month but c'mon, a little communication and organization would be nice.

I'm feeling extremely claustrophobic here. There are so many boxes piled up in my work area that it's hard to move, hard to keep it all sorted, and nowhere for me to move them to in order to make space. I work in a shipping department, and right now I'm trying to keep 12 different stores separate, as well as making sure that the regular UPS and FedEx boxes don't get mixed up. Plus, there are at least 3 orders for each store that is missing, but no one's bothering to find those orders and just want to add more stores!

Juniper
28 Sep 2015, 11:31
Why do I bother lining out a scope of work or make suggestions that would help make their work easier... When they don't effing listen to what I say. Am I not speaking English?

Gleb
29 Sep 2015, 06:36
I hate shopping... Ugh... Bought shorts for the pool. Suitable size. When I came home I realized they didn't fit at aaalll!!! Clothes, I hate you.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to replace them soon.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be lucky if I can just give them back and get the money I paid for them.

callmeclemens
29 Sep 2015, 07:22
I just met someone at the library who was really fired up about the end of the world. He told me Jesus had returned but his name was Rayel, and he was a member of the international congregation of Lord Rayel. I just looked it up, and well, people never seize to amaze me.

MaskedOne
29 Sep 2015, 07:44
I just met someone at the library who was really fired up about the end of the world. He told me Jesus had returned but his name was Rayel, and he was a member of the international congregation of Lord Rayel. I just looked it up, and well, people never seize to amaze me.

Just googled that name.

I'm too lazy to put up a facepalm pic. I want several minutes of my life back.

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 07:46
I also did a search,and I am amazed people fell for this Major BS...this guys history is weird,and I do know weird...

http://www.rawstory.com/2014/03/meet-lord-rayel-the-prophet-who-may-have-ruined-a-young-mans-nfl-prospects/

I do think some people are very susceptible to the crazy in the world...

callmeclemens
29 Sep 2015, 07:50
You can even Google "People currently claiming to be Jesus" and get better options!

For those who need a general tl;dr version of this group:
Some strange fellow, who is wanted by authorities is claiming to be Jesus. He has some sort of guy who claims by using the Torah as a word find he can verify this, and many other claims, such as Oprah is Elijah reincarnated.

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 07:58
Why and how does a nut job like this end up with this much BS online?...I know there are stupid people in the world,but THIS stupid?

MaskedOne
29 Sep 2015, 08:06
such as Oprah is Elijah reincarnated.

Elijah....

Prophet who ascended to heaven in a chariot of fire...

That Elijah?

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 08:10
MO,perhaps we could "build" a following for you....savior of the holy four fold pizza ,and keeper of the sacred recipe of the TRUE sauce !!

Just a thought,I mean everyone is doing it right now,right???

Gleb
29 Sep 2015, 08:17
Elijah....

Prophet who ascended to heaven in a chariot of fire...

That Elijah?

Mwahahahahaha!!!!!
That reminds me. Last time we celebrated Pesah (no idea how it's called in English.. It's when the Hebrews left Egypt), my parents told my sister that Elijah would come if she didn't behave herself. Fine. We're eating, when suddenly the door opens. The dog starts barking and the man who opened the door closed it quickly. My sister started running across the living room and yelling about how Elijah came to our house. :p

Näre
29 Sep 2015, 09:02
^it's called Passover in English.

I remember when I was a kid I saw a program about someone who had met Jesus in a vision. It was terrifying. Made me afraid of bright lights and the possibility of Big J intruding the house...

Gleb
29 Sep 2015, 09:31
^it's called Passover in English.

I remember when I was a kid I saw a program about someone who had met Jesus in a vision. It was terrifying. Made me afraid of bright lights and the possibility of Big J intruding the house...
Yay! Thanks. ^^

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 09:37
My rant might go like this:How do so many people end up falling for so much weird stuff online..the whole blood moon stuff,or any other stuff. I mean the Mayan thing was turned into end of the world pretty fast,and what is next...a fish with the virgin Mary in its scales,or goose crap that looks like a saint? I am almost glad I am old,so I will not be around when the crazy's end up setting off some WMD because somehow they ended up working in a Government position and the Gov Missed their weird period somehow...(Think Snowden or some other guy) I wonder just how he got the clearance for that job.

Bartmanhomer
29 Sep 2015, 09:57
I know that Michael Jackson a couple of years ago. But I'm so sick and tired that everybody believes that Michael Jackson is a pedophile. I can't give you many reasons why Michael Jackson isn't a pedophile. 1. There was no evidence proven that Michael ever have sex with children. 2. Michael Jackson will never sexually harm a child. 3. The so-called victims of Michael Jackson sexual accusations is all fake. So why don't you all do everybody a favor. Stop spreading lies to Michael Jackson and let him rest in peace already! :mad:

Tylluan Penry
29 Sep 2015, 10:12
Now substitute Jimmy Saville for Michael Jackson and you'll see why it's nonsense.

Just because someone is famous doesn't make them innocent (or guilty.)

ThePaganMafia
29 Sep 2015, 11:02
Michael Jackson is a pedophile.

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 11:11
The (any) person you see in the Media is NOT the real flesh and blood actor,they are playing a part. If someone portrays a holy person,it is not the Actor but a part they are playing. Bill Cosby played a nice guy,BUT real life is not a part in a media program. Rock Hudson played a ladies man in MANY movies,but that was NOT his real self as we all know.

callmeclemens
29 Sep 2015, 12:14
The evidence is actually overwhelming in favor of him being a pedophile. It does us no good now, but re-writting history in favor of preserving his legacy knowing what he did is pretty cruddy.

anunitu
29 Sep 2015, 12:34
Indeed,and some are trying this with Bill Cosby too...

DragonsFriend
29 Sep 2015, 13:49
All I know is that I don't want to be a savior. In every religion there is a savior and they always die horribly.
I be the side-kick or the teacher that follows the savior. They always get the good life.

Munin-Hugin
29 Sep 2015, 14:40
All I know is that I don't want to be a savior. In every religion there is a savior and they always die horribly.
I be the side-kick or the teacher that follows the savior. They always get the good life.

You should read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". Biff is the kid who hung out with Jesus so that he, Biff, could experience all the sin so Jesus didn't have to.

October
29 Sep 2015, 14:52
So it looks like our doctor is closing up shop on Thursday and she wasn't going to tell us.

DragonsFriend
29 Sep 2015, 14:56
You should read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal". Biff is the kid who hung out with Jesus so that he, Biff, could experience all the sin so Jesus didn't have to.

That is hilarious. I have read every gospel that has ever been released and I must have missed that one. You should read the "infancy gospel of Timothy". It seems that Jesus had a hard time controlling his divinity as a child.

kalynraye
29 Sep 2015, 17:37
Well today I turned 29 and right and right after midnight I got sick... I was up all night and cancelled all my plans for today. Great way to spend your birthday. Oh wait I didn't cancel all my plans I was able to go and get my hair cut but that only took 30 mins.

Medusa
29 Sep 2015, 20:35
Michael Jackson is a pedophile.

I agree with this statement.

ThePaganMafia
30 Sep 2015, 08:40
In one fell swoop I lost my housing, job, and girlfriend.

I think I am done with New York City.

monsno_leedra
30 Sep 2015, 08:46
In one fell swoop I lost my housing, job, and girlfriend.

I think I am done with New York City.

From an article I just read you might also be one of the 100,000 New Yorkers that are going to loose insurance on 30 December due to the Obamacare coop for New York going under.
Think i'd be moving on as that sure seems to be a sign to get the heck out of dodge.

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 08:50
Question: were they all connected,as in job from GF and also housing?

Or just crap falling from the sky..

thalassa
30 Sep 2015, 09:12
Waiting to see how stupid Republicans are, so I know how long I'll be at work tomorrow...

Government Shut-down 2015: In which social conservatives stamp their feet like toddlers and hold the federal government hostage over illegally filmed, doctored videos "exposing" a legal and legitimate medical and scientific practice that is NOT paid for with your tax money

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 09:17
Supposed to not be a shutdown,BUT you never can discount stupid.....Thing is though even this one is only an extension until December,then once again stupid will rise its head again.

B. de Corbin
30 Sep 2015, 09:20
I have an anal probing on Friday. I hate being old.

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 09:22
Ahhh,the pleasures of age....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Näre
30 Sep 2015, 09:25
^....coming from the one with "the standard wand of anal probing +10 may be utilized" in his signature.

My rant: I went and read the health pages in the local newspaper.
Hypochondria intensifies.

thalassa
30 Sep 2015, 09:40
Supposed to not be a shutdown,BUT you never can discount stupid.....Thing is though even this one is only an extension until December,then once again stupid will rise its head again.

If we aren't shut down tomorrow, we will be in December...which sucks because that is when we are supposed to transfer.

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 09:42
And it isn't even really the election time yet....just the clown car days...Thal,are you going to another Gov. Job?

monsno_leedra
30 Sep 2015, 09:44
I swear got to love the VA mentality.

Have doctor's, Nurse Assistants and not sure what all else now telling me a large part of my medical records are missing. A Nurse Assistant deciding I needed to go again to a Pain Clinic, the first one is missing from my records now. Of course he's doing the all your actual doctor's were wrong in what they did and he would have done different for pain management. Yep doctor's who've been seeing me since at least 1996 when it happened. Tells me he can't actually give prescriptions and such but simply makes recommendations. Agreed that I be removed from one pill no problem there. Have to see him again in 45 days and hopefully all my missing medical records will have made it back in my records by then. Still lacking all the neurology records and such but he's sure physical therapy will be the best course for what is ailing me. Then would like to reduce the oxycodine I take from three pills to two pills a day eventually.

Yep lets start some physical therapy program but not even deciding upon which. Can't recommend one because all the x-rays, neurologist results and testing ie EEG's, EKG's and other scans, etc are missing. Some how they all managed to be deleted from my medical records when they were changed over 6 months ago to the new VA clinic. The NA insisting that the Physical Therapy will make it all better. Will stop my legs from vanishing beneath me and leaving me eating the floor, wall or what ever I happen to fall upon. Will stop the numbness that radiates down my legs from my spine or up my spine and into my arms. Will stop the crack the whip that loves to take ahold of me or the small problem of bending over and not being able to come back up with out aid or the lovely feeling of throwing your head back and using the weight to pull you upright. Former therapist just loved and hated observing that little feat.

Step in the new VA doctor I now have who I've never seen. Still missing all those records and results but is going to act upon the NA's recommendations. The NA says he'd like to see me get down to two a day eventually. MD says ok will delay prescription and make it two a day right now. Yep unfortunately still waiting for him to sign the prescription and send it in. My meds have already run out and who knows how many days it will be before he actually signs anything. After all it seem's except for his once a week visit to the clinic he's only available to the receptionist via email and not to quick to respond to that.

Because I'm not happy with the results and want a second opinion from the doctor I had until 6 months ago I'm getting asked if I am going to be using her as my primary doctor now. Lets ignore the fact she was my primary VA doctor until 6 months ago when the VA terminated all their contracts so they could bring in a new VA doctor, staff and build a facility. She'd only been my VA doctor for say the last 8 years. SO yeah I tend to both trust her opinion and judgement and have always felt like she treated all of us vets as people vice simply numbers. Then add she's also my family doctor so is aware of the issues of my entire family and uses the total person aspect to know her patients.

It amazes me large holes in my records, yet lets act upon things without waiting to restore those missing items. Doctor whose never seen me yet is going to act upon a NA's recommendation without ever once speaking to me or having my full records to review. Was inspiring listening to the NA tell me there where no X-rays, scan's or anything newer than 2005/2006 time frame in my records so he was going to have me take some that day. No results in when he made his recommendations but hey he knows better.

Juniper
30 Sep 2015, 09:46
I have an anal probing on Friday. I hate being old.

Do you get to be awake?

When I had an endoscopy a few months ago, I didn't get to watch but they gave me pictures after. Was the best nap I've ever had. (Only took 15 minutes for the procedure).

Medusa
30 Sep 2015, 09:48
Wait. When someone probes your butt, you can be asleep?

Someone is going to be in trouble. He told me I had to be awake. :mad:

:p j/k

Juniper
30 Sep 2015, 09:49

A coworker of mine was sleep but she has Crohn's disease so there might have been an exception.

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 09:50
I am thinking some stupid as*hats and just plain dumb for others...One reason I do not go to VA anymore..I am on Medicare,but even that can get messed up on you...

monsno_leedra
30 Sep 2015, 09:52

Think it depends on procedure. Finger probe never asleep, colonoscopy definitely put to sleep. What always got me was it seemed the doctor / specialist you see for that always has the largest fingers. That and that crazy grim / smirk on their face as they tell you, you might feel a bit of pressure and a sensation of cold. Yeah right.

Medusa
30 Sep 2015, 09:54
Wait. You are supposed to use a tool? He just used his penis.

*I'll be here all week folks.

monsno_leedra
30 Sep 2015, 09:58
I am thinking some stupid as*hats and just plain dumb for others...One reason I do not go to VA anymore..I am on Medicare,but even that can get messed up on you...

Bad part was didn't have any issues with the VA until about 6 months ago when they brought in a new doctor and transferred all of us from the two clinics to that new facility. Roughly 1,000 vets between the two clinics with full time MD's available everyday to once a week per office now. Which is more of a pain because we were told we could go to the old doctor's we had and they would still have access to our medical records. Unfortunately discovered yesterday that was also a lie and they can not access our records and have to request now to have what's left of my VA records sent to them. So I've got to requests records from other hospitals / specialty clinics I was sent to to be sent to my former provider, the VA and hope they all can be recreated.

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 10:04
I think this is supposed to be the "Fix" to all the waiting list thing,but once again,they just went way off target and dropped all the goods. Truthfully the VA used to be much better when I got out in 69,but have gone down hill over time.. If I remember,you were full time and retired so better status as retired,think what it is most likely like for one like me with just one 4 year enlistment.

- - - Updated - - -

Checks out Duces act,and wonders how to book her in Vegas....

thalassa
30 Sep 2015, 10:06
And it isn't even really the election time yet....just the clown car days...Thal,are you going to another Gov. Job?

Yup...same job, same pay grade, same agency...different base

anunitu
30 Sep 2015, 10:07
Good luck with the transfer.....kicks Gov. to restart it.....

monsno_leedra
30 Sep 2015, 10:26
I think this is supposed to be the "Fix" to all the waiting list thing,but once again,they just went way off target and dropped all the goods. Truthfully the VA used to be much better when I got out in 69,but have gone down hill over time.. If I remember,you were full time and retired so better status as retired,think what it is most likely like for one like me with just one 4 year enlistment.

- - - Updated - - -

Checks out Duces act,and wonders how to book her in Vegas....

I can only imagine. Figure i'm both retired from the military and certified as disabled due to military service and it's a pain. I have a friend whose former Army Special Forces who uses the VA. He's going through all sorts of issues as he didn't retire from the military. The first doctor we got, he's gone now after just a couple of months, got cussed out by him. Big time pain in the arse for him and some of the other's I know who served but didn't retire from the military. I honestly do not know how he pays for his medication based upon some of the prescription costs I've seen him get not even counting paying for services. The VA clinic and main hospitals smacking him pretty hard with stating whether it is a military related injury or post / pre military injury for pay and billing purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup...same job, same pay grade, same agency...different base

I though you were going to be a teacher in Georgia? Figured that would make you a state or county employee not a federal one. Assumption strikes again on my part. Guess your going to be a teacher on the base instead.

thalassa
30 Sep 2015, 10:50
I though you were going to be a teacher in Georgia? Figured that would make you a state or county employee not a federal one. Assumption strikes again on my part. Guess your going to be a teacher on the base instead.

That was option 2, if I didn't get this job...

...I will still be an Industrial Hygienist.

ThePaganMafia
30 Sep 2015, 13:23
I've been using the VA for all my healthcare(I'm 70% service connected) so I never bothered with job provided healthcare.

iris
30 Sep 2015, 15:00
I just had a fight with my mom. Aka my mom yelled insults at me and made sure to tell me how worthless I am while I cried. I'm getting married in 3 days and she had to go and throw me off balance, like I wasn't nervous enough without having to apologize for being me. And coping with my mom declaring that she wasn't coming to the wedding. She manages to, in the same sentence, critisize me for EVERYTHING and wonder at where my low selfesteem comes from... she can't stand that not everything is about her. She would really rather break me down just in time for my wedding than just allow me one day of happiness. I've been working so hard for so long for this, and she has to take a shot at me NOW. I still don't know what I did or didn't do. One minute we were talking about saturday, the next she was yelling at me about how mean and inconsiderate I am...

Gleb
30 Sep 2015, 21:26
I just had a fight with my mom. Aka my mom yelled insults at me and made sure to tell me how worthless I am while I cried. I'm getting married in 3 days and she had to go and throw me off balance, like I wasn't nervous enough without having to apologize for being me. And coping with my mom declaring that she wasn't coming to the wedding. She manages to, in the same sentence, critisize me for EVERYTHING and wonder at where my low selfesteem comes from... she can't stand that not everything is about her. She would really rather break me down just in time for my wedding than just allow me one day of happiness. I've been working so hard for so long for this, and she has to take a shot at me NOW. I still don't know what I did or didn't do. One minute we were talking about saturday, the next she was yelling at me about how mean and inconsiderate I am...
Iris, don't feel bad about that. Look at the progress you made in organizing your wedding - you continued and didn't give up despite all those who didn't come or didn't give you an answer! It takes a great deal of courage to do so. This, certainly, DOES NOT make you worthless or inconsiderate. You're a hero! My mother has some of those traits too, don't pay attention to that. It's not worth it. It's your time, your wedding and your life. Don't let anyone ruin it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And my rant for today - there is a paganish shop in Tel Aviv. Last time I visited it there was Ra's amulet that I didn't have the money to afford. So I wanted to go there as a part of my 18th bday and buy that amulet since Ra helps me being proactive. I asked my parents for the money I GOT from the other relatives. I didn't ask for much and told them it was for Tel Aviv. Of course they had to ruin the whole thing by not entrusting me with the money (Grrr! You entrust me to take care of my sister but don't entrust me with money??), but also ruining any desire to go there. Then they tried to push the money in my hand after "looking at it from another angle"... That's not fair... Got me stressed for the rest of the day. Luckily the cat helped me fall asleep.

iris
30 Sep 2015, 22:46
Iris, don't feel bad about that. Look at the progress you made in organizing your wedding - you continued and didn't give up despite all those who didn't come or didn't give you an answer! It takes a great deal of courage to do so. This, certainly, DOES NOT make you worthless or inconsiderate. You're a hero! My mother has some of those traits too, don't pay attention to that. It's not worth it. It's your time, your wedding and your life. Don't let anyone ruin it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And my rant for today - there is a paganish shop in Tel Aviv. Last time I visited it there was Ra's amulet that I didn't have the money to afford. So I wanted to go there as a part of my 18th bday and buy that amulet since Ra helps me being proactive. I asked my parents for the money I GOT from the other relatives. I didn't ask for much and told them it was for Tel Aviv. Of course they had to ruin the whole thing by not entrusting me with the money (Grrr! You entrust me to take care of my sister but don't entrust me with money??), but also ruining any desire to go there. Then they tried to push the money in my hand after "looking at it from another angle"... That's not fair... Got me stressed for the rest of the day. Luckily the cat helped me fall asleep.
Thank you Gleb. I try not to take it to heart. But I can't help but worry that she will make a scene and ruin the wedding. She doesn't usually stick to putting me down in private, she likes taking opportunities to tell everyone around me what a terrible person I am. I wouldn't put it past her to make a speech ridiculing me. Or my mother in law whom she dislikes very much. And she wonders where the low self esteem comes from. And it's tradition that I should sleep at their place the night before. I'm just not sure, she will probably also be mad if I don't. But at the same time, I don't want anything like last night to happen the night before my wedding. I'm still worn out from it... sigh...

Sorry Gleb, that really sucks... if they suddenly give you the money after all I really think you should go! Enjoy your day.

Gleb
30 Sep 2015, 22:53
Thank you Gleb. I try not to take it to heart. But I can't help but worry that she will make a scene and ruin the wedding. She doesn't usually stick to putting me down in private, she likes taking opportunities to tell everyone around me what a terrible person I am. I wouldn't put it past her to make a speech ridiculing me. Or my mother in law whom she dislikes very much. And she wonders where the low self esteem comes from. And it's tradition that I should sleep at their place the night before. I'm just not sure, she will probably also be mad if I don't. But at the same time, I don't want anything like last night to happen the night before my wedding. I'm still worn out from it... sigh...

Sorry Gleb, that really sucks... if they suddenly give you the money after all I really think you should go! Enjoy your day.
Well... I know she's your mother, but it's your wedding, after all. Maybe it would be best if she didn't come.. The memories of the wedding will last forever. Perhaps it would be best if there was some distance between you two.

Thank you. ^^

iris
01 Oct 2015, 00:03
Well... I know she's your mother, but it's your wedding, after all. Maybe it would be best if she didn't come.. The memories of the wedding will last forever. Perhaps it would be best if there was some distance between you two.

Thank you. ^^
Last time I tried getting some distance she threatened suicide. I'm not going there right now.

anunitu
01 Oct 2015, 00:58
And I thought my Mother was kinda crazy..this sounds like she has control issues. I am sorry you have to deal with this kind of issue from your Mother.

I myself had to just stop being around my Mother because of things kinda like this. I hope your marriage goes well,and you can have some peace.

iris
01 Oct 2015, 01:21
Thank you Anu... yea, she's a special sot of nasty...and she does have control issues. She gets jealous of the people who help me. She gets jealous of me if she thinks I'm talking to my dad without her knowing... Which I do of course, he's my dad. She constantly tries to break me down. Last night her main event was 'I can't believe Torben hasn't left you yet' another favourite is 'there must be something wrong with him if he likes you'. I know very well she's terrified of losning control over me. But it still hurts.

I'm trying, but she usually comes uo with some stunt when I do. Like forbidding me from seing my dad, or threatening to kill herself because I hate her, or just tell her side of the family how terrible I am.

magusphredde
01 Oct 2015, 01:25
Michael Jackson WAS a pedophile ... With a funny looking Miss Piggy nose ... Now he is oxygen bleached worm food ...

Gleb
01 Oct 2015, 01:33
Sometimes we have to get away from toxic people. I myself am going to get away from my parents as soon as possible... Heck, maybe even my whole family if I can. I'm sorry you have to go through all this.

iris
01 Oct 2015, 01:37
Sometimes we have to get away from toxic people. I myself am going to get away from my parents as soon as possible... Heck, maybe even my whole family if I can. I'm sorry you have to go through all this.
I wish I could just do that. I've considdered it. But I like a lot of my family. And she's still my mom.

anunitu
01 Oct 2015, 01:50
I really do not understand people at times..like your Mother doing these things to you. My EX's sister has a daughter who is gay,and when the sister got Cancer(she was about 75) she told her Gay daughter that she got cancer because god was angry about her daughter being gay. True story,and my Ex's sister died from the cancer but her daughter had to live with that statement her Mother made before she died.

iris
01 Oct 2015, 01:56
People are lovely. I don't understand either. I really don't... my grandmother had cancer too, she spent 10 years going 'if I die tomorrow it will be your fault if you didn't say goodbye' every time someone got mad at her. She was much like my mother. I pray it's not the genes. But when she actually did die, I hadn't talked to her for over a year.

Shahaku
01 Oct 2015, 08:49
Iris, I'm going to suggest a book. It's called Mothers who Can't Love. The author is Susan Forward. It's a great self help type book for situations like yours. Its really helped me with my mom. A couple themes, set firm boundaries and stick to them. It can be as simple as, "mom, if you continue talking to me this way, I'm ending the conversation." And learn non defensive language. Saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" instead of trying to defend your position. These are long term though, they take awhile to work. For you're wedding, think about a "bodyguard". Find a friend who is willing and capable and ask them to escort her out if you give a signal.

callmeclemens
01 Oct 2015, 11:58
It's cold here today 50 degrees, and that's exciting

iris
01 Oct 2015, 12:00
Iris, I'm going to suggest a book. It's called Mothers who Can't Love. The author is Susan Forward. It's a great self help type book for situations like yours. Its really helped me with my mom. A couple themes, set firm boundaries and stick to them. It can be as simple as, "mom, if you continue talking to me this way, I'm ending the conversation." And learn non defensive language. Saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" instead of trying to defend your position. These are long term though, they take awhile to work. For you're wedding, think about a "bodyguard". Find a friend who is willing and capable and ask them to escort her out if you give a signal.
Thank you. I just ordered it, should have it sometime next week.
I have. I told one friend, who called another. Now I have a whole army of friends all intent on making my day great, and ready to step in. One is ready to come yell 'surprise' saturday morning if I need someone (my mom can't get mad at me for bringing in someone if she thinks it's not my idea). I don't have a ton of friends. But they are great friends.

anunitu
01 Oct 2015, 12:02
The temps here are down as well,and it feels like fall at last..

Prickly Pear
01 Oct 2015, 17:45
Iris,you deserve a wonderful wedding. I'm glad you have your troops in place. I'm sorry about your mother. I hope that you know that it is not your fault, and you do not deserve to be treated that way.

And my rant is my teenager making poor choices. I understand, but am afraid she won't be able to ever recover from the consequences. Just feeling particularly frustrated tonight. Just yuck.

Medusa
01 Oct 2015, 18:07
The three days of overtime is killing me. I mean I'm trying. I really am. But there is a reason I don't push myself anymore (old heart attack put the hell no to that). At work I was so stressed, I convinced myself I was having a heart attack. My blood pressure is very high right now. I tested it at work. I could feel the tense in my jaw and shoulders. And I just kept being out of breath.

Well I rode my bike home and I'm not dead or out of breath (any more than usual when biking home). So It's def work driving me to feel like this. And guess what else?

I was supposed to go 11-7 so I thought I would go to bed later since I could sleep in. Five hours later I get a call. I have to work 9-6. Another OT shift. And now I have 3 hours and then I have to go to bed if I want real sleep. I have to do 6am to 2:30pm.

I'm very disgruntled. And I don't care who knows it.

anunitu
01 Oct 2015, 19:20
Here is a thing Duce,they can offer OT,but you are not obliged to accept it. I know because I worked in California and know the labor code. If they were to try and say it is mandatory,it is a violation of the labor code. The California labor code is one of the strictest protections in the whole US.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked and they can require overtime,I think this must have changed after I was in California. You having a medical condition that would be aggravated by work stress should be allowed to forgo overtime if it would hurt you,and your employer should be libel if you suffer hurt.

DragonsFriend
01 Oct 2015, 20:37
All you need is a note from your doctor saying that the OT is affecting your physical condition and you can no longer work more than - - - hours a week.
I know, I did it.

Medusa
02 Oct 2015, 15:04
this lying pendeja (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257385/Vatican-says-Pope-s-encounter-Kim-Davis-not-form-support-position-sex-marriage.html)

B. de Corbin
02 Oct 2015, 15:23
Medusa, this will make you feel better:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-totally-real-transcript-of-kim-davis-meeting-with-pope-francis_560c2fcce4b0dd85030a555d?utm_hp_ref=comedy&ir=Comedy&section=comedy

Bartmanhomer
04 Oct 2015, 09:06
I'm just going to expressed my anger against Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a freaking moron. He's support Mexicans. He's offensive to women and he's doesn't like the LGBT community. He a sociopath and he doesn't even care about the people in America, all he cares about his freaking money. I just don't understand why the hell people are taking him seriously. NEWS FLASH Donald Trump isn't going to win the presidental election in 2016 and tell no way in hell that I'm going to vote for him. That's my rant! :mad:

Malflick
04 Oct 2015, 09:11
I am sick. Again :(. I don't want to be sick, stop it body!

DragonsFriend
04 Oct 2015, 10:06
The problem with having a businessman as president is that the government is not a profit making business. Successful business people are generally very good at tuning a business to make it profitable but they don't understand that a position in government is a position of service to the individual citizen while applying that service to the entire citizenry. What an elected official may hold as important or even critical in his/her life may be completely at odds with the needs of society, On the other side of that coin is that what the majority of what the citizenry wants may not be what is best for the society. Families, faith practices and charities should care for people, not the government. That process worked for over a hundred years and it didn't make dependents, it gave people self respect and allowed them to get back on their feet.

We desperately need to return to the limitations on government listed in the constitution. If we don't then it will result in chaos and mass death.

daveydwb
04 Oct 2015, 12:18
Donald Trump will never be President; the real powers-that-be won't allow him to go that far. Which is well and good, as he is not a politician and would bring us to further ruin.

NeoPlatonic
04 Oct 2015, 13:38
We desperately need to return to the limitations on government listed in the constitution. If we don't then it will result in chaos and mass death.I don't mean to be a pedant but the USSR's worst moment was when it was disbanded and a limited goverment was forced on it's former republics. That caused mass starvations, the rise of the mafya, and even worse corruption that during communist times.

You don't need limited government. You need accountability and goals that benefit the public at large.

Donald Trump will never be President; the real powers-that-be won't allow him to go that far. Which is well and good, as he is not a politician and would bring us to further ruin.The exact opposite is the problem though: He is a politician. He has a brand of policies to sell and unfortunately many people buy it. Many do believe that Mexicans want to steal jobs and that China has to be disrespected in international affairs. Fortunately, they are less than the majority. But they still exist.

ThePaganMafia
04 Oct 2015, 14:46
Donald Trump will not win the presidency for the simple fact that the Republicans are unable to get the votes.

daveydwb
04 Oct 2015, 18:44
The exact opposite is the problem though: He is a politician. He has a brand of policies to sell and unfortunately many people buy it. Many do believe that Mexicans want to steal jobs and that China has to be disrespected in international affairs. Fortunately, they are less than the majority. But they still exist.

Fair point. I guess I should say I don't like that he's never held office. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

anunitu
05 Oct 2015, 03:23
Donald Trump will not win the presidency for the simple fact that the Republicans are unable to get the votes.

Underestimate the level of stupid you do.....

faye_cat
05 Oct 2015, 11:52
Why do people insist on trying to fight with me ten minutes before I go into work? Nothing will get resolved, and I'm stressed out and angry for the next 8 hours.

DragonsFriend
05 Oct 2015, 12:09
Perhaps there is a lesson or two there for you to learn?

faye_cat
05 Oct 2015, 12:13
Perhaps there is a lesson or two there for you to learn?
Oh? Perhaps? Perhaps you could enlighten me on what that lesson might be, kind sir.

iris
05 Oct 2015, 12:27
Oh? Perhaps? Perhaps you could enlighten me on what that lesson might be, kind sir.
Avoiding idiots and annoying people, I imagine. You're always welcome to vent your frustrations to me if it helps.

Medusa
05 Oct 2015, 17:25
Soooo. If you guys weren't on my fb then you are unaware of my icky situation. I went to the ER Sunday morning complaining of chest pains. I thought I was having a heart attack. Stayed there till today so they could monitor me. They found I have a rare heart arrhythmia called Bigeminy. Yup. I have a heart beat that skips a full one and goes right to a premature one. This is causing me tightness in my chest,fatigue and shortness of breath. I'm guessing all the stress of work was not helping me. I have to go back to see my doc in a week and the cardiologist in 3 weeks.

And I'm cancelling my vacation. I just don't like how I feel and I don't want to be in another city alone if something goes wrong. Totally sucks donkey balls. But I am keeping the week off anyways to relax. I went for a walk around the neighborhood and breathed a bit harder then usual, but not enough to make it uncomfortably horrid. But the worst part is that after sitting down in my chair I had the tight chest for about 10 or so minutes till it all eased back down.

They did a sonogram of my heart and I hope the cardiologist can come up with a solution. There really isn't a 'cure' for it, since in my case it's also hereditary. But if you get bad symptoms like I do (that came on so damn suddenly) I can go the heart ablation route. (sorta what they did when I got my stent). Because I can't live feeling like this every day.

Did I say this sucks?

Yeah. Hospital food is horrid. My arms been shot up with insulin and my hand has an iv owie.

I wanna just meeeeeeeeep.

And it's my birthday in 6 hours.

Eff you world. I'm still here. :mad:

Willow
05 Oct 2015, 18:46
Soooo. If you guys weren't on my fb then you are unaware of my icky situation. I went to the ER Sunday morning complaining of chest pains. I thought I was having a heart attack. Stayed there till today so they could monitor me. They found I have a rare heart arrhythmia called Bigeminy. Yup. I have a heart beat that skips a full one and goes right to a premature one. This is causing me tightness in my chest,fatigue and shortness of breath. I'm guessing all the stress of work was not helping me. I have to go back to see my doc in a week and the cardiologist in 3 weeks.

And I'm cancelling my vacation. I just don't like how I feel and I don't want to be in another city alone if something goes wrong. Totally sucks donkey balls. But I am keeping the week off anyways to relax. I went for a walk around the neighborhood and breathed a bit harder then usual, but not enough to make it uncomfortably horrid. But the worst part is that after sitting down in my chair I had the tight chest for about 10 or so minutes till it all eased back down.

They did a sonogram of my heart and I hope the cardiologist can come up with a solution. There really isn't a 'cure' for it, since in my case it's also hereditary. But if you get bad symptoms like I do (that came on so damn suddenly) I can go the heart ablation route. (sorta what they did when I got my stent). Because I can't live feeling like this every day.

Did I say this sucks?

Yeah. Hospital food is horrid. My arms been shot up with insulin and my hand has an iv owie.

I wanna just meeeeeeeeep.

And it's my birthday in 6 hours.

Eff you world. I'm still here. :mad:

Oh no, I'm sorry you feel poorly! Let me just figure out how to make my CD drive accept birthday treats that pop out of your computer and we'll be in business....

Nope, doesn't work. I think I need to befriend some engineers... or Harry Potter style wizards... hmm...

Anyway, take it easy and feel better!

Medusa
05 Oct 2015, 19:08
Thankees. i took a shower. I'm out of breath. But my chest isn't on fire. So I'm learning my limits till I see the cardiologist. Seriously. :(

Prickly Pear
05 Oct 2015, 19:13
That stinks Medusa. Sorry it's happening to you.

Hawkfeathers
05 Oct 2015, 19:15
Hope you feel better. Is this something where a pacemaker might be used?

Medusa
05 Oct 2015, 20:34
Hope you feel better. Is this something where a pacemaker might be used?

My mom had one later on in life. I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. I've seen medications and I've seen ablations recommended. I need something to happen. That's for sure.

kalynraye
05 Oct 2015, 20:37
Thankees. i took a shower. I'm out of breath. But my chest isn't on fire. So I'm learning my limits till I see the cardiologist. Seriously. :(

I hope you feel better soon!!

Somnath
05 Oct 2015, 21:46
Sprained toe. Combination of agonizing laughter and comedic weeping.

DragonsFriend
05 Oct 2015, 23:10

How would I know what your lesson could be. I have enough of my own. I was just pointing out if it is an ongoing trend that there might be a lesson for you. They do tend to repeat and become stronger until you find your answers.

anunitu
05 Oct 2015, 23:45

Sorry I did not reply sooner,was kinda off line. Bummed by the Oregon thing and the flooding. Hoping you are feeling better. Be taking care of yourself Lady,you know we all be needing your sassy self online here...:=S:

B. de Corbin
06 Oct 2015, 01:33
Take care, Medusa!

B. de Corbin
06 Oct 2015, 05:50
D. Trump is running on his success as a businessman.

Weirdly, those who have looked at his "success" have noted that he he is a sub-par businessman, who has mostly lost money.

Had he invested the money he inherited from his father in some standard, run of the mill, retirement type stocks instead of running a business, he would be, roughly, twice as rich as he is today. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/09/03/if-donald-trump-followed-this-really-basic-advice-hed-be-a-lot-richer/)

"That a purely unmanaged index fund’s return could outperform Trump’s hands-on wheeling and dealing calls into question one of Trump’s chief selling points on the campaign trail: his business acumen," writes S.V. Dáte in National Journal.

thalassa
06 Oct 2015, 05:59
D. Trump is running on his success as a businessman.

Weirdly, those who have looked at his "success" have noted that he he is a sub-par businessman, who has mostly lost money.

I especially find this ironic when taken into context about how he's going to employ *everyone* and get jobs back from overseas...pretty sure his subpar business acumen has led to plenty of overseas jobs and unemployment.

B. de Corbin
06 Oct 2015, 06:12
I especially find this ironic when taken into context about how he's going to employ *everyone* and get jobs back from overseas...pretty sure his subpar business acumen has led to plenty of overseas jobs and unemployment.

Yes, and he's also gotten out of huge debt repeatedly (from his bad investments) by declaring bankruptcy - which ended up costing other people money for his stupidness.

anunitu
06 Oct 2015, 06:16
We have not even gotten out of the pre warm up period yet,many will disappear into the media trash heap before the real games begin.

callmeclemens
06 Oct 2015, 07:36
I read the most recent polls this morning, I have no idea where Trump is getting his numbers from, his slide seems to be accelerating, and is trailing beyond margin of error in a few polls to Fiorina or Carson.

DanieMarie
06 Oct 2015, 08:44
So, after two hours of shopping and going to several different stores, I still couldn't find a turkey for Thanksgiving this weekend (Thanksgiving is in October in Canada...get over it). The German harvest festival is the same weekend, but no one celebrates it anymore. I guess stores decided that they didn't sell enough large birds outside of the Christmas season to carry them during the rest of the year :(

Hopefully I can still find a large-ish duck somewhere. I think people roast those for weekend meals enough that it might be an option...

Hawkfeathers
06 Oct 2015, 09:13
They keep saying on the news how the Oregon shooter had Asperger's just like the CT shooter. Being Aspie is not a mental illness - there's usually a high I.Q. and some specialized talent/knowledge/ability, but no framework for social b.s. The REAL common thread is both were young men of legal age with their mothers always around. People wired to be honest, straightforward, and loner-ish can't tolerate nagging, bullying, and nonsense. All they are saying about the mothers is that they both had guns - there's more to this.....

Medusa
06 Oct 2015, 10:06
They keep saying on the news how the Oregon shooter had Asperger's just like the CT shooter. Being Aspie is not a mental illness - there's usually a high I.Q. and some specialized talent/knowledge/ability, but no framework for social b.s. The REAL common thread is both were young men of legal age with their mothers always around. People wired to be honest, straightforward, and loner-ish can't tolerate nagging, bullying, and nonsense. All they are saying about the mothers is that they both had guns - there's more to this.....

That's because they think he's white when he's mixed. So they will only half try to give him a 'mental illness'. Once they realize he's mixed..they will make him half a monster. And you know what side that monster will be on.

And I'm so jaded. You have to specify which year of a Oregon shooting you are googling.

meh.

monsno_leedra
06 Oct 2015, 10:10
That's because they think he's white when he's mixed. So they will only half try to give him a 'mental illness'. Once they realize he's mixed..they will make him half a monster. And you know what side that monster will be on.

And I'm so jaded. You have to specify which year of a Oregon shooting you are googling.

meh.

Sad but it's true. See lots of meme's and such placing people of "Color" on one side and placing the Oregon shooter with the likes of the South Carolina shooter because they are "White". It's like the meme's that keep showing his father while completely ignoring his mother is black to push the he's white aspect.

Supposedly his manifesto has been released to the public now so waiting to see how that will shift things.

kalynraye
06 Oct 2015, 15:20
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/10/05/11-year-old-charged-with-murdering-8-year-old-after-arguing-about-puppies/

This right here hurts. It hurts to read, and it hurts to see.

Medusa
06 Oct 2015, 15:42
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/10/05/11-year-old-charged-with-murdering-8-year-old-after-arguing-about-puppies/

I realize this will bring up a shit storm of GUN CONTROL v OUT OF MY DEAD COLD HANDS debates. And I'm sick to death of them

How about we do something easier. How about when you have sex and have another human being...you get your shit together. How about some basic parent control? I mean I'm not asking for the moon here. I'm not asking to lock up your 2nd amendment right. I'm not asking you to forgo your 'Murica' card. I'm asking you to not be a complete and utter shit of a parent. Can you do that parents? Can you for once get your shit together?

Thanks. The non parent who sorta gets you don't leave your gun unlocked in a closet.

Yeah I'm judging. I'm judging the shit out of you.

kalynraye
06 Oct 2015, 15:46
Yes ma'am I couldn't agree more.

monsno_leedra
06 Oct 2015, 15:53
Two wrongs were made there. One being the ammo was stored with the gun it seems, the other being the gun was left unsecure. Doesn't make what happened any better or easier to understand though. All of it could have been avoided with the simple use of a lock which makes it even sadder. I never can understand parents who do not take the time to secure their weapons and keep ammo out of the reach of their children.

DragonsFriend
07 Oct 2015, 08:07
The biggest mistake was not teaching the basic gun safety to the kids. My kids were handling guns at three and shooting them by 5 or 6. They new how to clear the gun (empty and check that it was empty) before handling it and knew that you never pointed it at anyone before they ever fired a gun. I had guns, loaded guns, in plain view all the time. That killed any fascination with the guns, as they were just another of dad's tools.
You don't have to lock the guns or ammunition away you just need to spend the time with your kids to teach them right from wrong.

Medusa
07 Oct 2015, 11:06
The biggest mistake was not teaching the basic gun safety to the kids. My kids were handling guns at three and shooting them by 5 or 6. They new how to clear the gun (empty and check that it was empty) before handling it and knew that you never pointed it at anyone before they ever fired a gun. I had guns, loaded guns, in plain view all the time. That killed any fascination with the guns, as they were just another of dad's tools.
You don't have to lock the guns or ammunition away you just need to spend the time with your kids to teach them right from wrong.

Gun safety doesn't teach a kid who actually went to get a gun to kill another human being to not kill another human being. The biggest mistake is keeping any gun in a house where a kid is (censored) up enough to kill another human being over his rage.

Juniper
07 Oct 2015, 12:52
PMS is annoying. I'm so bloated and tired. But the excitement of it being my first week of school is counter balancing the fatigue. The weekend is gonna suck.

magusphredde
07 Oct 2015, 13:48

Iron maiden (not the band), pillars, rack, stocks, whipping post all sound good right about now ... Gods I miss the olde ways ...

Medusa
08 Oct 2015, 00:51
I heard there was a shortage of pumpkin this year. Good. If you are sipping it, sprinkling it, lighting it,spraying it, bathing in it, moisturizing in it...you are an abomination to man.

anunitu
08 Oct 2015, 14:40
Is it just me,or is a lot of the news just plain weird right now...Russia misses Syria but hits Iran,GOP guy who was gonna be speaker messed up big time, I mean lots going on,and all of it strange,at least to me. And whats up with the pumpkin shortage?

DragonsFriend
08 Oct 2015, 15:17
I don't know about the pumpkins but my cantaloupe was a moth late in ripening. It was still very good, just later than last year. I chocked it up to global cooling.

DanieMarie
09 Oct 2015, 03:30
I'm seeing more and more stuff on facebook about really, really elaborate holiday crafts and decorating projects. I don't think anyone I know will actually do half of them, but they repost this stuff like crazy. Is it just me, or is there suddenly this incredible pressure to make childhood insanely "magical" lately? When I was growing up, we just carved a pumpkin, put on some homemade costumes (from a pre-made Simplicity pattern, using the cheapest fabric available at Fabricland), hung a few construction paper decorations in the window and went out and got a single piece of candy at each house. Some families bought one of those screaming decorations from Kmart (we only had Kmart back then) or some fake cobwebs or something like that, but that was it. Now it seems like this race to make the front yard look like a movie set graveyard, make perfectly realistic homemade treats, give away gift bags instead of just candy, etc. I don't think it's just the Internet, either. When I was in Vancouver, this woman approached us in a store and asked if the jacket she had on looked "piratey" enough. She had armfuls of pirate-themed stuff with her. She told us she'd rented a pirate boat (one that actually sailed in the inlet...jesus) for her daughter's birthday, and she seemed REALLY concerned with it being perfect. I sort of felt bad for her, because there is no way our moms ever felt that much pressure (my mom was with me and she said the same thing...she was like, make a cake from a box, cook some hotdogs, plan a few party games like pin the tail on the donkey, GOOD ENOUGH).

So, why the pressure? I'm not even a parent and I feel slightly overwhelmed by the idea of having kids birthday parties and planning family holiday events!

Juniper
09 Oct 2015, 05:18
Is it just me,or is a lot of the news just plain weird right now...Russia misses Syria but hits Iran,GOP guy who was gonna be speaker messed up big time, I mean lots going on,and all of it strange,at least to me. And whats up with the pumpkin shortage?

I feel like they're trying to distract us from something. "oh look at all this weird stuff happening over here..." while on the other side of the room someone steals all the cookies from the buffet. And not the crappy cookies that no one ever eats, but the good ones that are always gone first before you can get to them.

B. de Corbin
09 Oct 2015, 05:35
The peanut butter ones with the Hershey's kiss insert?

Juniper
09 Oct 2015, 07:57
The peanut butter ones with the Hershey's kiss insert?

Idk, they're always gone by the time I get to the table.

anunitu
09 Oct 2015, 09:40
I love the snicker doodles myself....The soft ones..

Medusa
09 Oct 2015, 13:16
Ug. I'm going to sound like a total snot and I should be flattered buuuuuut....
one of the pizza guys is kinda creepy. He smiles at me and eyes me weird. And he sorta hangs around a bit longer then is comfortable. He is the kind of guy who seems to feel awkward with himself. And that makes me feel awkward around him. He likes marvel (he commented on my shirt and we chatted ever so briefly about it as I signed my receipt (in the past I mean). I would love to be nicer to him, but again...creepster vibe. Not in a bad way. Just a way that says he's socially awkward and I just want my pizza and for him to not comment about the last time I ordered my pizza. And who is he to judge me! I'm on vacation!

Näre
09 Oct 2015, 23:05
^sounds like me. But I don't deliver pizzas so probably it's not. :P

Waking up in the morning is too hard. It makes me angry at night when I know that no matter how early I go to sleep it's going to take me an hour and a half (and that's the minimum) to get out of bed or I'll wake up only to sleep to the noon. And angry in the morning because, well, that happens no matter what fine tricks I try.
Then I grab my phone and read the news: North Korea, school shootings, racism and then, "look, we made this effing important research about how many bffs young girls have". Let me puke. Perhaps not spending most of the day asleep wasn't so bad an idea...

magusphredde
10 Oct 2015, 01:05
one of the pizza guys is kinda creepy. He smiles at me and eyes me weird. And he sorta hangs around a bit longer then is comfortable. He is the kind of guy who seems to feel awkward with himself. And that makes me feel awkward around him. He likes marvel (he commented on my shirt and we chatted ever so briefly about it as I signed my receipt (in the past I mean). I would love to be nicer to him, but again...creepster vibe. Not in a bad way. Just a way that says he's socially awkward and I just want my pizza and for him to not comment about the last time I ordered my pizza. And who is he to judge me! I'm on vacation!
Next time wear a NIN shirt ... Or a MANSON ...

Gleb
10 Oct 2015, 05:31
Sounds familiar. I had some people eyeing on me in different places. The bus, the bus station, some restaurants... Creeps. I can't help but think of a secret society that spies on me. :p
Probably because of my eyes since many of you pay attention to them. ;) Lol just kidding.

anunitu
10 Oct 2015, 05:45
Kiddo,its just a LOT of spacey people live in the world(They "Might" be reptilians)

Näre
10 Oct 2015, 06:50
Oh no it's the reptilians again!

Medusa
10 Oct 2015, 20:13
Seeing that this is a holiday weekend and I have to work it...i posted this to my fb. I like to troll my friends and thought I would be proactive this time around.

Soooooo. Monday is Columbus Day. Sooooo...could you guys like not? Thanks. I'm getting tired of internet activists. Unless I see you on channel 5 news in some war regalia protest kindly stfu.
‪#‎whitemandunyouwrongblahblah‬
:=I:

Of course all my friends of color (who are still not the shade of Native American) will be up in arms.

kalynraye
10 Oct 2015, 23:34
I'm seeing more and more stuff on facebook about really, really elaborate holiday crafts and decorating projects. I don't think anyone I know will actually do half of them, but they repost this stuff like crazy. Is it just me, or is there suddenly this incredible pressure to make childhood insanely "magical" lately? When I was growing up, we just carved a pumpkin, put on some homemade costumes (from a pre-made Simplicity pattern, using the cheapest fabric available at Fabricland), hung a few construction paper decorations in the window and went out and got a single piece of candy at each house. Some families bought one of those screaming decorations from Kmart (we only had Kmart back then) or some fake cobwebs or something like that, but that was it. Now it seems like this race to make the front yard look like a movie set graveyard, make perfectly realistic homemade treats, give away gift bags instead of just candy, etc. I don't think it's just the Internet, either. When I was in Vancouver, this woman approached us in a store and asked if the jacket she had on looked "piratey" enough. She had armfuls of pirate-themed stuff with her. She told us she'd rented a pirate boat (one that actually sailed in the inlet...jesus) for her daughter's birthday, and she seemed REALLY concerned with it being perfect. I sort of felt bad for her, because there is no way our moms ever felt that much pressure (my mom was with me and she said the same thing...she was like, make a cake from a box, cook some hotdogs, plan a few party games like pin the tail on the donkey, GOOD ENOUGH).

So, why the pressure? I'm not even a parent and I feel slightly overwhelmed by the idea of having kids birthday parties and planning family holiday events!

Good lord yes!!! And I feel like its adults our age that are going to these extremes. Are the deluding themselves into thinking it was that magical when they were young or because they feel like they were gypped?

thalassa
11 Oct 2015, 03:59
Seeing that this is a holiday weekend and I have to work it...i posted this to my fb. I like to troll my friends and thought I would be proactive this time around.

:=I:

Of course all my friends of color (who are still not the shade of Native American) will be up in arms.

Hubby and I just call I "National Day of Atonement".....everyone should use this day to apologize to everyone for things they didn't do, but they are associated with because of their genetic or cultural heritage. Some examples: White people apologize to back people for slavery, persons of German and Irish decent apologize to each other for the 1800s, white and black people apologize to Asian people for the transcontinental railroad, everyone apologizes to Japanese Americans for internment, men apologize to women for that voting and property business, and everyone apologizes to Native Americans because they were here first and 600 years of asshatrery...

Hawkfeathers
11 Oct 2015, 04:32
I understand the true history, but I'm 1/2 Italian, so I was raised with Columbus Day being a big deal. So maybe I'll cook some Italian food for my Cherokee friend or something.

Näre
11 Oct 2015, 09:31
Perhaps I'm going to stay at the uni a bit longer tomorrow, just to eavesdrop the live tumblr we have there and how they go all mad about Columbus Day.
(The irony: most people here have probably never even heard about it...)

Hawkfeathers
11 Oct 2015, 11:43
I read a long thing on fb about how we should live in the moment and not form attachments, and how that's the key to happiness, because nothing's really real, etc. My aunt goes in for this kind of thinking. It seems to me to be a parallel to the Christian concept of sin and guilt - how you aren't supposed to enjoy physical things if you are spiritual, etc. However.....time has shown that human nature goes against that. And now, about the new kind of thinking - everybody is always trying to preserve everything today! Everyone has a camera with them at all times now and is constantly taking pictures/video. We keep recipies, we play the same music over and over. We ARE attached. It's also human nature. Why do people fight it so much?

B. de Corbin
11 Oct 2015, 14:40
I understand the true history, but I'm 1/2 Italian, so I was raised with Columbus Day being a big deal. So maybe I'll cook some Italian food for my Cherokee friend or something.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want any apologies, just cake and ice cream.

anunitu
11 Oct 2015, 15:34
Gasp,YOU are Columbus?...WOW,and ciao baby...Happy Bday pisan eat that ice cream and cake...

B. de Corbin
11 Oct 2015, 15:43
Gasp,YOU are Columbus?...WOW,and ciao baby...

No, I'm in Michigan. Columbus is in Ohio.

Medusa
11 Oct 2015, 15:44
I just realized I had a cookie for breakfast ( one of those wonderful ginger bears in the Mexican market). And Pollo loco for lunch. But I didn't really eat at crazy chicken because it was awful. But I still took my meds. And I biked home. I could not make it up the stairs. I literally stopped mid step.

So I ate a few spoonfuls of jam and a slice of watermelon.

I feel so crappy right now. Like I'm going to die. Meh.

*waits patiently for the pizza guy. :='(:

Medusa
11 Oct 2015, 17:16
I just realized I had a cookie for breakfast ( one of those wonderful ginger bears in the Mexican market). And Pollo loco for lunch. But I didn't really eat at crazy chicken because it was awful. But I still took my meds. And I biked home. I could not make it up the stairs. I literally stopped mid step.

So I ate a few spoonfuls of jam and a slice of watermelon.

I feel so crappy right now. Like I'm going to die. Meh.

*waits patiently for the pizza guy. :='(:

UPDATE: I got sick and threw up. I had to lie down for 20 minutes after taking an alka seltzer( Those things are gifts from Satan). And now I'm feeling a bit better. But man, this sucked.

LearningMan
11 Oct 2015, 17:19
UPDATE: I got sick and threw up. I had to lie down for 20 minutes after taking an alka seltzer( Those things are gifts from Satan). And now I'm feeling a bit better. But man, this sucked.
Sorry about that. Hope you get better soon!

kalynraye
11 Oct 2015, 21:06
KP and I rode to work together today cause we were both off at 10:30, at 10:30 he said he's behind because they got slamed and he'd be done by 11... it's now after midnight and he's still not done. I think I might leave him here.

Hawkfeathers
12 Oct 2015, 04:52
Tomorrow is my birthday. I don't want any apologies, just cake and ice cream.

Happy Birthday! Have some unapologetic cake & ice cream.

B. de Corbin
12 Oct 2015, 05:20
Happy Birthday! Have some unapologetic cake & ice cream.

;) I shall wallow in my good fortune because good fortune is well worth a wallow.