PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate sit down meal

magusphredde
09 Nov 2015, 00:13
After careful consideration and over 52,000 meals taken around the world in a few different cultures and dares I have decided on my ultimate meal ...

In order I want it served to me ...

Drink ... Diet Pepsi with just a little ice ...

Salad ... romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes halved, diced cucumber, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, pickled green beans, bleu cheese dressing and garlic croutons ...

Steak and potatoes and veggie ... 12-16 ounce porterhouse steak done blue rare (moo rare) ... No toppings or spices ... I wanna taste my beef ... large baked potato with unsalted sweet cream butter (lots, I like it on my skins), sour cream, fresh chives, real fresh bacon crumbles ... Corn on the cob roasted in the husk (butter here too) ...

Dessert ... Hmm ... Hot apple pie with orange sherbet ...

After dinner a nice snifter of Glenfarclas 1990 cask strength or 30 year old Glen Moray ...That's singe malt Scotch ...

Munin-Hugin
09 Nov 2015, 06:12
Hmmm. I'll have to really put some thought into this. And let me tell you, I'm not going to settle for some simple little 3 courses

thalassa
09 Nov 2015, 08:35
Whatever it is, it has to start with toasted ravioli and a salad from Zia's in St Louis and end in brownie bottom cheesecake.

MaskedOne
09 Nov 2015, 08:54
Do I actually need to say the word or is it taken as a given by this point?

B. de Corbin
09 Nov 2015, 08:56
For me, it's gonna be seafood. I don't know what, but there will be steamed clams and some kind of crabs, and, hopefully, some form of squid...

anunitu
09 Nov 2015, 08:58
I be going for a casserole,and meat loaf and potatoes mashed with pepper gravy..for desert a nice apple pie.

DragonsFriend
09 Nov 2015, 09:24
Start with some fresh fruit salad, fresh salmon or red snapper poached in a mixture of white wine, lemon juice and water, asparagus, fresh sourdough with parsley butter. Top it off with a snifter of cherry brandy and french vanilla ice cream with a cherry compote in light syrup.

Norse_Angel
09 Nov 2015, 11:13
Begin with a bowl of roasted stew, complete with a loaf of bread and cheese. Complimented with some dark red wine.
Slowly move onto a main course of fresh salmon, and ox leg. Also complimented with a glass of dark red wine.
Dessert composes of the rest of the bottle of dark red wine. And then some more wine.

Medusa
09 Nov 2015, 11:34
pizza and diet dr pepper

kalynraye
09 Nov 2015, 22:36
I don't really have particular items I want for my ultimate meal. I have different people and chefs I want for each course. I could probably settle with a 7 course tasting, and I would want my sommelier at Fearings to do the wine pairing.