PDA

View Full Version : Food Poll # 12: Junk Food Edition

thalassa
01 Dec 2015, 08:57
What are your favorite junk foods?

DragonsFriend
01 Dec 2015, 09:32
It has been so long since I have had junk food I wouldn't know if I ever had a favorite. Maybe a coke but I don't drink it any more.

TxanGoddess
01 Dec 2015, 09:44
I put salty, but I like salty and spicy together.

My local Refresqueria (snow cone stand) has the most incredible junk food to me. About once a month I just give in and buy a whole meal from there, even more often during the summer, when I am burning more calories.

First of all, they actually serve Cheetos con queso. I mean, can you even imagine? I've never tried it yet, but I bet its delicious.

But what I like is what they call Conchitas Mixtas or Conchitas Preparradas. They take a one-serving bag of Mexican Conchitas chips, which I would somewhat analogize to American Bugles but crunchier, and split it open the same way as a person making Frito Pie. Then they add queso Amarillo, queso fresca, chili, jalapenos, Valentina sauce, cream and salsa verde on top. It looks disgusting but it is so tasty! I like with a lime snow-cone. Or if I am really getting fancy, a fresada or mangonada (strawberry or mango smoothie with chili powder).

If I just have to buy something at a store, then I like Sabritas Favoritas Fiesta Mix which is a Frito Lay Mexican product.

I guess I just like Mexican food.

thalassa
01 Dec 2015, 09:52
Toblarone. Or dark chocolate with caramel. Other than that, there are these crackers called chicken-in-a-biscuit that I occasionally indulge in.

iris
01 Dec 2015, 09:55
I don't eat junkfood much (I refuse to qualify icecream as junk. It's part of my weigt gaining diet :p ). But I like salty stuff, chips and popcorn! Oh. And pizza.

Hawkfeathers
01 Dec 2015, 10:09
I have zero sweet tooth - it's all about salty/savory/spicy for me. I like Bugles (a corn chip).

habbalah
01 Dec 2015, 11:44
I like chocolate, but chips are my weakness.

DanieMarie
01 Dec 2015, 13:02
At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.

Briton
01 Dec 2015, 13:29
I used to have a serious sweet tooth as a child. It's why I have so many fillings (one of them gold!)

But now I'm into the savoury junk. Hot dog in a bun on a bed of onions, drizzled with mustard and ketchup... mmm... I'd choose that over a box of chocolates 9 times out of 10.

habbalah
01 Dec 2015, 15:49
At the end of the day, it's chocolate. And not something chocolate...just straight up chocolate. Living in the Land of Chocolate does that to you. It's so good here, and so, so cheap (like, even the expensive chocolate is cheap!)

That being said, I enjoy other junk foods like chips and cake.

Your post made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/ZOziWm_MJ9k

DanieMarie
02 Dec 2015, 01:11
^^^^
Haha that's exactly why I call Germany "The Land of Chocolate"!

anubisa
02 Dec 2015, 02:25
I like both salty and sweet. However, I find that I prefer more salty anymore. I like things like pretzels or Frito's corn chips every once in a while. I don't often indulge in junk food unless i'm on a road trip.

Serria
02 Dec 2015, 17:37
If I even think about chocolate, my inner fat kid jumps out and tries to take control of my decision making. Then my outer pageant girl has to beat up my inner fat kid for control. Heh, it's a struggle that the outer pageant girl almost always loses.

Shahaku
02 Dec 2015, 18:28
Something ice cream. I said sweet, but ice cream specifically.

habbalah
02 Dec 2015, 19:51
Something ice cream. I said sweet, but ice cream specifically.

I don't really like cold food, but ice cream is the exception. Ice cream is the best dessert in the world.

Azvanna
02 Dec 2015, 20:00
Salty and SPICY! Proper hot Mexican and Indian is what my baby belly is after. Salted spicy nuts, too.

kalynraye
03 Dec 2015, 14:43
This is a super hard one for me because I like salty and sweet together. I love junk food. It's my vice. I like chips, chocolate, sour candy.

WrachDrui
04 Dec 2015, 01:24
"What are your favorite junk foods?"

Chippy shop chips, soaked in extra vinegar, with a pickled wally on the side (gherkin) and a pickled egg...

Chocolate... in this order... Peanut butter Kit Kats, Old Jamaica bars with Rum and Raisins in, Rum Truffles, Raspberry Ruffle bars, Dark chocolate Bounty, Turkish Delights, Dark chocolate coated Rose creams, Dark chocolate coated Violet creams, Chocolate Oranges - especially the milk ones with popping candy in, or the dark ones with Lemon in, After Eight Mints, Coffee Matchmakers (don't seem to find them these days) coffee walnut whips, and Snickers bars.

Pickle onion Monster Munch, sea salt & cider vinegar "kettle style" crisps, salt and vinegar chip sticks

Donna kebabs, without the chilly sauce, all the salad - especially when it's red cabbage, and including the pickled peppers.

Duck flavour chinese noodles.

Marradin
04 Dec 2015, 04:45
To be honest we buy 2 bags of chips every 4 months or so and a couple of blocks of chocolate- and they still manage to go off.

My favorite treat would be a nice savory meat pie- but is that really junk food?

Medusa
04 Dec 2015, 23:35
Chili saladitos
tarmandio y chili balls
spicy chili peanuts
walnuts
green ripe olives in the can (they are like buttah)
lemon with tajin and a spoon (and this is why my digestive track is slowly failing I'm sure)
flaming hot cheetohs dipped in lemon or cream cheese
thin tortilla chips and salsa
chili lemon pistachios

I pretty much gave up sweets because of Diabeeetus. Not that all that up there is good for me. But meh. It is what it is.

Katie Fae
17 Dec 2015, 23:34
French fries and ice blended coffees! And, whipped cream! None of that hold the whip business, here.

(But not Starbucks or other chain establishment's sugar laden brown water; I'm a coffee snob and prefer independent shops with *good* coffee, where you can still taste the coffee with a flavor added.)