PDA

View Full Version : The Gods of Egypt

B. de Corbin
02 Feb 2016, 17:22
For our local Kemetics:

http://youtu.be/IJBnK2wNQSo

Medusa
02 Feb 2016, 18:24
Yeah. That'd be like posting a pic of Jon Lovitz and inviting all Satanists to worship at his feet. That movie is a slap in the face to just about all that is sane.

*grumbles something about white actors.

anubisa
02 Feb 2016, 20:49
I would like to see it. I'm a Gerard Butler fan. I also would like to see how they worked the mythology into a movie. However, I agree with you Medusa. It seems they always put white actors in roles that need more ethnic actors.

habbalah
07 Feb 2016, 18:49
Yeah. That'd be like posting a pic of Jon Lovitz and inviting all Satanists to worship at his feet. That movie is a slap in the face to just about all that is sane.

*grumbles something about white actors.

I was about to say, why is just about everyone white?

Bartmanhomer
07 Feb 2016, 20:00
Yeah there's no diversity in this movie.

Eofor
08 Feb 2016, 03:34
The casting is an important part of a movie and, in this case, it's not just about how good the actors are. If your movie is about Egypt, you should at least cast people that resemble Egyptians. These actors look more like Greeks or Romans, though. Also, too much CGI. It worries me.

Bartmanhomer
08 Feb 2016, 08:47
I think this movie is racist and there's only one black actor that I saw in the preview.

habbalah
08 Feb 2016, 09:58
Every actor in this movie should at least be brown. There is a distinct lack of brown.

anunitu
08 Feb 2016, 10:43
It is a MOVIE..a fantasy generally. I think mainly MONEY is the deciding factor in its production,not its being politically correct. When Hollywood becomes less interested in the MONEY factor perhaps we will see a movie with ethnic actors that fit the time and place.

Medusa
08 Feb 2016, 11:54
It is a MOVIE..a fantasy generally. I think mainly MONEY is the deciding factor in its production,not its being politically correct. When Hollywood becomes less interested in the MONEY factor perhaps we will see a movie with ethnic actors that fit the time and place.

The director actually said 'sorry' for the lack of diversity.

anunitu
08 Feb 2016, 12:20
Hmmmm,is Hollywood evolving?

Eofor
08 Feb 2016, 13:24
Hmmmm,is Hollywood evolving?

Perhaps. But it seems that many people are complaining about the lack of diversity. If they don't please the audience, their money will be lost. Even if it's Hollywood they should be aware of this possibility since people are paying more attention to some details (like the one being discussed here).

anunitu
08 Feb 2016, 13:32
Now,the movie's have dinner(good food) and the movie in a PLUSH setting..cause if you are going out,it better be worth it,and worth the price too.

- - - Updated - - -

What I was talking about. (https://www.amctheatres.com/food-and-drink/dine-in/cinema-suites)

Quote:

a movie theatre-restaurant for grown-up guests

Cinema Suites is a movie theatre-resturant for our adult guests, featuring extra-comfy recliners, an appetizing menu, a full cocktail bar and seat-side service at the push of a button.

Age policies vary by location. Please check your theatre's page for specific age restrictions.

Bartmanhomer
08 Feb 2016, 13:38
Now,the movie's have dinner(good food) and the movie in a PLUSH setting..cause if you are going out,it better be worth it,and worth the price too.

- - - Updated - - -

What I was talking about. (https://www.amctheatres.com/food-and-drink/dine-in/cinema-suites)

Quote:

a movie theatre-restaurant for grown-up guests

Cinema Suites is a movie theatre-resturant for our adult guests, featuring extra-comfy recliners, an appetizing menu, a full cocktail bar and seat-side service at the push of a button.

Age policies vary by location. Please check your theatre's page for specific age restrictions.

What that the location of the movie theater have to do with this subject that we're talking about? :confused:

anunitu
08 Feb 2016, 13:40
Not the location,the PLUSH movie experience...To get people to even go out for a movie..not just wait for the DVD..and the big screen TV.

Matters little if the movie is diverse,if no one will go see it.

Juniper
10 Feb 2016, 07:43
It's got Gerard Butler in it. I'll watch it. Not sure if I'll PAY to watch it, but I'll watch it.

anunitu
10 Feb 2016, 09:23
BUT Juni Would you pay if it meant a NICE meal,and seat side cocktails..Oh and perhaps remember the recliner seats as well...

Juniper
10 Feb 2016, 10:34
BUT Juni Would you pay if it meant a NICE meal,and seat side cocktails..Oh and perhaps remember the recliner seats as well...

No........

anunitu
10 Feb 2016, 10:59
Ok,I know,you have all that at home with the BIG screen TV,the super sound system and the food of your desire..and also a short walk if you want to go to sleep too. A staycation to be sure.

Bartmanhomer
10 Feb 2016, 12:52
I'm not even sure if I want to see that movie. I really don't think it's Oscar material. :(

Bartmanhomer
10 Feb 2016, 18:09
Ok I just decided that I'm going to see this movie. Maybe this movie won't be so bad despite without diversity.