PDA

View Full Version : Not a rant,but:Who killed Antonin Scalia? Conspiracy theories blame Obama, Bush

anunitu
16 Feb 2016, 08:11
Just caught this on google news.
See here. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/killed-antonin-scalia-conspiracy-theorists-run-wild-article-1.2533100)

Guy is only dead a few days,and this.

As medical professionals attributed the late Supreme Court Justice’s weekend death to natural causes, conspiracy theorists blamed a host of potential assassins — including former President George W. Bush, who supposedly feared the judge would spill the secrets about 9/11.

Do we not have enough to keep us busy so we come up with stuff like that?

ThePaganMafia
16 Feb 2016, 09:08
Cholestrol IMO

DavidMcCann
16 Feb 2016, 09:36
Some-one thinks Dubya could manage a conspiracy? Words fail me.

ThePaganMafia
16 Feb 2016, 09:38
Some-one thinks Dubya could manage a conspiracy? Words fail me.

Jet fuel melts steel beams amirite

Briton
16 Feb 2016, 12:10

"Jet fuel can't melt steel I beams!"

Straw man of the 2000-2010 decade.

thalassa
16 Feb 2016, 17:58

it doesn't have to melt it, it just has to get hot enough that it can't hold the weight of what is on top of it--jet fuel burns well within the critical temperature of structural steel formulations

ThePaganMafia
16 Feb 2016, 20:42
it doesn't have to melt it, it just has to get hot enough that it can't hold the weight of what is on top of it--jet fuel burns well within the critical temperature of structural steel formulations

It was a joke.

thalassa
17 Feb 2016, 02:30
It was a joke.

I figured it probably was.

But it's the internet, its hard to tell.

What's interesting is that I work with a ton of wacky connie-conspiracy types, but if there is one thing they don't conspiracize about, its the structural integrity of steel following a fire. We the peoples of the ship understand tin cans. (Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of 9-11 conspiracists there, but there are 10x as many people ready to slap them upside the head with a dogging wrench for being a moron about it)

anunitu
17 Feb 2016, 05:17
Is that now the pat answer,it is the internet for everything weird in the world?