PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings (the one that sucks)

Medusa
10 Mar 2016, 18:58
So I realize not everyone in the world has to do this. I realize many do it at different times. So we can't all blame Ben for it!

Before you go to bed Saturday night, know all your electronic devices will eff you over by moving the clock up one hour. Thus totally screwing your inner clock over.

Yay. :=I:

Hawkfeathers
10 Mar 2016, 19:09
What messes me up is which ones change by themselves and which ones don't. I always get one thing in the house wrong, and then it ends up being off by 2 hours. And I deal with so much stuff in other time zones I'm always going back & forth. I'm lucky I know what day it is!

Bartmanhomer
10 Mar 2016, 19:50
Woo-hoo. Thank god my cellphone doesn't need to switch time. It's automatic. :)

Hawkfeathers
10 Mar 2016, 20:34
Yeah, phones/computers change automatically. Some thermostats, home alarms, etc., do & some don't. I've got clocks all over the place!

Juniper
10 Mar 2016, 21:33
Damn, not only do I lose an house, but I also need to get up early because I'm volunteering at the Shamrock Run (http://www.shamrockrunportland.com/) with my School. Not looking forward to waking up at 4:30am, on Sunday. Le BLAH.

Edited to add: In case there's confusion, I'm totally stoked to participate at the event. I won't be running in it, but I'll be there supporting the runners after they finish. It's going to be loads of fun. I'm just not fond of waking up early. XD

anubisa
12 Mar 2016, 02:42
I hate switching times. It affects my body because we lose an hour and i'm so not a morning person. *pulls cover over head* Spring must come though. :)

DanieMarie
14 Mar 2016, 03:32
Ours isn't for another few weeks (our fall one is a week earlier and our spring one is three weeks later). Still, I'm actually looking forward to it. My body always seems to work better at spring time, which makes the winter one really hard for me. I don't wake up early enough in the winter to notice that extra hour of daylight earlier in the morning, but I sure notice when it's dark at like 4 pm. And I'm definitely noticing that it's light before 6 am (I tend to want to wake up at dawn as soon as March hits, regardless of when "dawn" is.) I'm looking forward to the extra hour of sleep and the later sunset.

Thorbjorn
14 Mar 2016, 07:11
thermostats

I forgot to change that one. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I hate switching times. It affects my body because we lose an hour and i'm so not a morning person. *pulls cover over head* Spring must come though. :)

Same here. I wish they'd just keep it one way or the other. I hate these changes.