PDA

View Full Version : Pagan Forum: Web Filter Violation

ThePaganMafia
07 Aug 2016, 07:01
I utilize a lot of free wifi as I travel a lot and have T-Mobile which has the worst 4G coverage since at least Lewis and Clark times.

PaganForum, oddly, gets blocked by many services filter while no other sites I use do. Paticularly, Taco Bell's free wifi hates PF.

Edit: I can't fix the thread title via edit?

Jembru
07 Aug 2016, 07:17
Must we change it? I thought it was deliberate!

Do other pagan sites work? Could it not just be that to some people 'pagan' is a dirty word so it gets added to the filter?

Briton
07 Aug 2016, 07:56
Most free WiFi I use allows PaganForum but not another pagan forum, which will remain unnamed because I'm not sure if it's OK to name other pagan forums here...

- - - Updated - - -

Could it not just be that to some people 'pagan' is a dirty word so it gets added to the filter?

It's all those satanses.

Some ISPs block it stating that occult etc is adult material. Sometimes it's just considered 'adult'.

MaskedOne
07 Aug 2016, 12:04
Title fixed, thread moved to Site Info. Past that, there are a couple issues that we're looking into but without knowing what other people are filtering for, I can't say if any of them have any impact on what you're dealing with.

Briton, as a rule, admins don't care if you referemce other sites. If you start giving us daily updates on the internal affairs of another board, start trolling another board in the name of PF till their staff come whining to me, start trolling us for thw glory of other boards, otherwise indulge in unlicensed ***hattery, we'll care. Just bringing one up in conversation though is normally fine.

ThePaganMafia
07 Aug 2016, 13:08
Oh, I didn't mean to bring it up as a site issue. Just a funny observation that PF hits the filters every now and then.

Juniper
07 Aug 2016, 14:31
I utilize a lot of free wifi as I travel a lot and have T-Mobile which has the worst 4G coverage since at least Lewis and Clark times.

PaganForum, oddly, gets blocked by many services filter while no other sites I use do. Paticularly, Taco Bell's free wifi hates PF.

Edit: I can't fix the thread title via edit?

Interesting. I've never had an issue accessing PF anywhere except a hospital that blocks all non Christian natured religious website. And I travel a lot. In fact, I just got back from a trip to PA where I accessed PF from many public WiFi spots, including several airport Hotspots. I can't speak for toxic hell WiFi because I don't eat their food (and don't go near them as a result).

Curious to know if anyone else is having this issue at taco bell.

ThePaganMafia
07 Aug 2016, 14:47
So far I've had it hit at Taco Bell and Pizza Hut wifi. I usually use Mcdonalds or Pilot truck stop for internet whem not in coverage areas and have never had problems there.

anunitu
07 Aug 2016, 15:30
I think it really depends on the place the wifi is at. As fast food places are franchises the owner "May" do the filter based on their own beliefs. Kinda if its free,you must go by their restrictions(free is a subjective term)

callmeclemens
07 Aug 2016, 17:15
My old employer had most religious websites blocked on the wifi. I remember there was a huge controversy when an employee shared a screenshot stating something to the affect of "Web Site blocked due to content: Pro-life."

Sean R. R.
11 Aug 2016, 03:19
a hospital that blocks all non Christian natured religious website.

This sounds like a fun hospital for me!