PDA

View Full Version : Good news, I suppose...

B. de Corbin
22 Sep 2016, 02:08
Maybe this is good news, I dunno...

For the first time ever, we atheists are no longer the most despised "religious" group in America.

The most hated group is now (surprise revelation ahead) Muslims.

The study focuses on investigating anti-atheist sentiment, which has long held sway in the god-fearing, Christian-majority U.S. But based on 2,521 surveys with a random sample of American adults, the report found that in the 10-year period between the two studies, Muslims surpassed atheists as the religious or non-religious group Americans feel most at odds with. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muslims-are-more-unpopular-than-atheists-in-the-us_us_57daeecde4b04a1497b31612?section=&section=us_religion)

ThePaganMafia
22 Sep 2016, 04:32
I guess we need to start putting some work in to reclaim our spot.

Medusa
22 Sep 2016, 17:03
I guess we need to start putting some work in to reclaim our spot.

I'ma get right on that!:D

Dumuzi
04 Jan 2017, 11:11
Makes sense, Muslims are almost Atheists anyways. Muslims, just like Atheists, believe there is no god

except Allah. :=P:

anunitu
04 Jan 2017, 11:31
Yeh,yeh D,I Saw that little bottom note. Is Allah the same as Jehovah(sp) is a name for the Hebrews? Lot of god names out there....Kali,and Shiva,and what ever the name is for whatever the Scientology people might use for a god name.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this for an answer.

From Columbia U. (http://www.ciu.edu/content/allah-islam-same-yahweh-christianity)

It seems the answer for some is yes,for others NO...so............

Dumuzi
04 Jan 2017, 11:55
Allah is the Arabic word for God. Arab speaking Christians and Jews use it. For example, Christians say Jesus the son of Allah, in Arabic. If you open an Arabic Old Testament, the very first verse reads, In the beginning Allah created the heavens and the earth.

I'm no science man nor historian, but as far as I know I don't think Jesus spoke English, he probably used a word very similar to Allah when speaking about God in his native tongue, as far as I know he referred to God as Eloh.

B. de Corbin
04 Jan 2017, 13:11
I'm no science man nor historian, but as far as I know I don't think Jesus spoke English, he probably used a word very similar to Allah when speaking about God in his native tongue, as far as I know he referred to God as Eloh.

I thought this was interesting so I looked up the Aramaic word for "God." It's close to Eloh, but more like Alaha, or Al-Ilah. I'm not a philologist, but those pretty close to Allah to me. In Hebrew, it becomes Elohin.

My Christian daughter has a Allah tatoo (the word "Allah," that is).