PDA

View Full Version : They are willing to destroy this country

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

B. de Corbin
26 Oct 2016, 16:03
This is absolute insanity. They have gone too far before, now they are talking the destruction of the Supreme Court of the United States.

We have to get them ALL out of office, or face the destruction of America:

This Could Be The Beginning Of The End Of The Supreme Court As We Know It: Conservatives lay the groundwork for blocking all of Hillary Clinton’s nominees. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/supreme-court-hillary-clinton-nominees_us_580fed9ae4b08582f88cb00c)

I'd like to believe that this is scare talk, but after they've held the country hostage with an effort to shut down the government, and run a loony for president, I'm not sure it is.

Makes me want to puke.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 16:15
I can not believe they could even consider something like this. The system was set up to curb any attempt to use one branch against the other.

If the balance is broken,then the whole thing is in extreme danger.

MaskedOne
26 Oct 2016, 16:47
As a technical matter, an even numbered court is not without precedent. It's impractical, yes but not unprecedented. It originally operated at 6 and it also operated at 10 for a while. We can do it again if we absolutely have to. With that said, the Republicans can only play this game if they hold the Senate and their senators stay united. Right now, the party is split between standing behind a man who has turned Texas into a battleground state and trying to cut ties despite their base still backing crack pot. Republicans maintaining control of the Senate in a united fashion is by no means sure. There is a non-zero chance that this election will fracture the GOP.

Chessa
26 Oct 2016, 16:48
They also said they'd do the same thing for Obama's nominees. It's unconstitutional, but they're the courts- they're the final say on the constitution.

Hawkfeathers
26 Oct 2016, 16:55
I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 17:46
I hope the GOP burns, and the Democratic Party as well. They're corrupt and broken to the core.

Chessa
26 Oct 2016, 17:55
Thinking about moving- what's the Greek economy like?

toxicyarnglare
26 Oct 2016, 18:35
I want election day to be over, but I'm almost more apprehensive about what may happen immediately afterwards. Both sides have violent factions and are more concerned with winning than with what will happen to the country as a whole. We the people are just collateral damage.

This is what I'm really worried about. Based on Trump's rhetoric, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls people to take up arms against Clinton after the election or something. The worrisome thing is, Republicans have more guns per capita (most likely) than the rest of the population. It just makes me wonder if the trigger will finally be pulled on all the pent up rage that's been building up in this country.

Though I admit, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory on my part, but I can't help but worry about it.

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 19:51
I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US. :rolleyes:

toxicyarnglare
26 Oct 2016, 19:58
I guess armed uprisings against warmongering dictators that steal elections are only acceptable in other countries like Libya and Syria. Well, I suppose Secretary Clinton doesn't support it because the US doesn't need to steal oil from the US. :rolleyes:

Lol interesting point. I wouldn't participate in any uprising like that either way, but who knows what Clinton, or even the military would do, if that were to happen.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 20:11
The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-concerned-about-risk-violence-election-day-nears-n672821)

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 20:11
I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 20:26
There is the Russian Fleet steaming to Syria,though Spain denied them a refueling stop. Tensions are rising on borders in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

And then there is this. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/europe/russia-nuclear-missile-satan-2/index.html)

Russia unveils 'Satan 2' missile, could wipe out France or Texas, report says.

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.

toxicyarnglare
26 Oct 2016, 20:32
The power that be are in fact worried about a violent reaction to the election outcome.

Here. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-concerned-about-risk-violence-election-day-nears-n672821)

If people really think they could mount an insurrection,they might want to consider what Martial law would be like.

Well at least that makes me feel a little better, but after reading all that, makes me wonder if this election is only the beginning in terms of rising tensions across the country.

I am honestly more concerned about Hillary's rhetoric over Russia. That will have much more of an affect than a few riots, which is pretty much all this will amount to, the idea of an outright civil war is absurd.

Escalating tensions with Russia is a very real possibility, especially with her zany no-fly zone scheme, and that's a global concern.

Right, and that's why I said it's kind of a conspiracy theory that I don't entirely believe myself, though I could easily see riots in DC. Now about Russia, that's a difficult question, is it better to stand up to what Russia's doing in the middle east and Ukraine, or just let that be and avoid war with Russia. But even then, I think the likelihood of a war with Russia is pretty low, unless other world leaders follow suit with The Philippines' president and whatnot.

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 20:44
And then there is this. (http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/europe/russia-nuclear-missile-satan-2/index.html)

- - - Updated - - -

Having lived through the Cuban missile crises,this whole thing brings back very negative memories.

Oh no, Russia has the capability to attack us! This is obviously a sign of unwarranted aggression towards us! :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/Az7nIf2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/DncdcwH.jpg?1

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 20:50
This is just how the cold war started,with escalating threats,and the if you build a big bomb,I will build a bigger bomb interaction.

I lived with this when younger,and thought after the Soviets fell we never needed to see it again,but times change things.

- - - Updated - - -

The main lesson from then is "Nobody wins"..except perhaps the cockroaches

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 20:52
That's the thing though, the military-industrial complex WANTS an arms race. Big profits in war, especially thanks to no-bid contracts.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 21:04
You are correct Sir,there is no money in Peace...

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised when I learned the origin of that term,Military-industrial complex,it was in fact from this man:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/52/President_Eisenhower_Portrait_1959.tif/lossy-page1-220px-President_Eisenhower_Portrait_1959.tif.jpg

That is,if you are to young to remember his face,Dwight D. Eisenhower,general during the second world war,and President.

ThePaganMafia
26 Oct 2016, 21:06
I think a large problem with the election is that while distracted by a lunatic we ignore the inherent danger that is a Hillary Clinton. That being said we tend to ignore the inherent danger of any presidency from the status quo. The status quo being U.S. hegemony, rampant Imperialism, and working class suppression. The country has been pushed so far Right that the Democrats, while being a Right Wing political entity is viewed as Leftist and even radically Left. Obama's Supreme Court appointee is generally considered Right leaning in America's psuedo-political spectrum. It would stand to reason Clinton's nominees would not be much better.

On the subject of coups, any sort of uprising would quickly be suppressed. The idea of an armed conflict to retake the country is ridicolous. What would be effective is reorganizing the working class, workers solidarity, and mass unified movements. That has happened before with the Labor movement being the best example. We rely to much on our electoral system and beaurocracy to effect change.

It has always been easy to view Russia as the bad guys but given that the entire U.S. strategy for the pass 60 years has been one of containing Russia it is easy to understand why they view their security threatened.

Denarius
26 Oct 2016, 21:16
That is,if you are to young to remember his face,Dwight D. Eisenhower,general during the second world war,and President.

Ike is one of my favorite presidents. Right up there with Coolidge, Reagan, and Carter.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 21:27
Interesting thing is both parties wanted him,dems and repubs and they were insistent,he was reluctant to run.

- - - Updated - - -

with all things,sometimes you get what you need,and sometimes you get what you deserve. we shall see if we need or deserve what we get.

MaskedOne
26 Oct 2016, 21:37
There is the Russian Fleet steaming to Syria,though Spain denied them a refueling stop. Tensions are rising on borders in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap

Pick a city in Texas, set your nuke as an airburst, choose Tsar Bomba from the presets and click detonate. Then zoom out so that you map shows the full state. Those 2 relatively small circles around your chosen city are the blast zone. Everything else is still alive.

Russia has better ways to spend money than building a supernuke that far beyond the largest nuke ever tested.

Now if you just want irradiate Texas, that's easier. Switch out airburst for surface detonation and you'll irradiate a decent sized area but the odds of Russia having spent the resources to build a single bomb that can instantly flatten Texas are small.

The reports are misleading at best.

anunitu
26 Oct 2016, 22:13
it is all mostly hype because that is how the cold war went,a Neutron (http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-issues/nuclear-weapons/basics/neutron-bomb.htm) bomb is a different matter,as its goal is not destroying buildings,but killing people with high level,short lived radiation

B. de Corbin
27 Oct 2016, 01:48
Never imagine that broken things that are fixed will stay fixed. Labor unions - very nice. Until they become for profit companies working in their own self interest, just as governments do.

Everything depends on the eyeballs and actions of those in the trenches. When they stop watching, those in positions of trust betray them.

Eternal vigilengence is the price of freedom. That applies not only to those with guns, but to those armed with votes as well.

When the will of the people as described through a vote isn't respected, consequences must result.

Fortunately, there's a vote for that, too.

War with Russia? I think it's a red (get it? "Red"?) herring - we're not at war with China... Massive interstate wars are a thing of the past. Now, wars are economic, or wars are extrastate. Not that that's nice, but Russia isn't likely to be dropping nukes on us, or us on them, unless a lunatic gets control of the buttons.

anunitu
27 Oct 2016, 02:56
Russia wants to be a big dog again,and be a world power. Putin misses his glory days as a member of the KGB...China is trying to be a Capitalist without seeming to be a capitalist...And us of course are still that sleeping giant they all talked about before we woke up for a bit before going back to our nap. Do not poke the giant,that is sleeping so well.

Tylluan Penry
27 Oct 2016, 04:32
So how close have the Russian warships actually sailed to the US? 100 miles? 50? Try ten (for the UK) : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/russian-warships-pictured-off-coast-of-britain-as-royal-navy-sha/

Has there been an incident? No, not yet.

anunitu
27 Oct 2016, 04:49
Happens here also
Russian spy ship spotted near US sub base
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/03/russian-spy-ship-spotted-near-us-sub-base.html

monsno_leedra
27 Oct 2016, 05:07
Happens here also
Russian spy ship spotted near US sub base
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/03/russian-spy-ship-spotted-near-us-sub-base.html

That's not really new news though. Their "Spy" ships used to hang out near our sub bases and major port's all the time. Their combatants never really came to close to our shores and their birds stayed fairly far off shore as they made their way to Cuba. Though I have heard and read a few articles that said they were trying to re-open their facilities in Cuba which would potentially open those things back up. They've also re-established some of their arctic stuff which potentially puts them closer to our western side and over Arctic approaches via Canada.

I figure we'll go back to a lot of the stuff that happened during the cold war with near misses, cut off's, over flights, buzz off's and shadows & tails at sea and in the air. Never was in the Army or Air Force so don't really know what was done in that capacity. All in all though a lot of Cold War practices and mentality / procedures are being re-established on their part and we've closed a lot of our stuff.

Hawkfeathers
27 Oct 2016, 05:56
unless a lunatic gets control of the buttons.

That's the possibility, right there.

I'm still PTSD'd from the Cuban Missile Crisis. I spent the first few years of elem. school looking under my bed for Castro.

Some schools are closing on election day due to fear of violence - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fearing-students-safety-election-day-schools-cancel-classes-or-move-n673231?cid=sm_fb

anubisa
28 Oct 2016, 16:39
I keep asking myself 'what the hell would the founding fathers say?' We need the supreme court. That's my opinion of course.

ThePaganMafia
29 Oct 2016, 08:33
I keep asking myself 'what the hell would the founding fathers say?'

They would probably ask where their slaves were at.

anubisa
29 Oct 2016, 14:38
They would probably ask where their slaves were at.

LOL! Probably. I just wonder what the hell we're going to do. America just seems to get in deeper and deeper trouble.

Hawkfeathers
29 Oct 2016, 15:21
I've learned a lot about a lot of people during this election cycle. One of the managing partners of a group I'm in said something today about how Trump, being a billionaire, "could buy any woman he wanted". I'm not dignifying it with a reply, but I'm pretty sure I never sat on a store shelf when I was younger LOL And I've noticed lots of posts/memes about being free citizens, not letting anyone control them, etc., which, when said by males, is apparently patriotic and high-spirited, but when said by females is "women's libbers". Verrrrry interesting social commentaries going on.

Bartmanhomer
20 Jan 2017, 20:52
I hate to say this but World War 3 have just begun. Today at the Presidential Inauguration, there have been riots at Washington DC and New York. :mad:

thalassa
02 Feb 2017, 04:02
REally, he can't even get along with AUSTRALIA? I mean, rilly. (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/no-%e2%80%98g%e2%80%99day-mate%e2%80%99-on-call-with-australian-prime-minister-trump-badgers-and-brags/ar-AAmwmJc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp)

anunitu
02 Feb 2017, 06:20
Yup,Man has a way of pissing off those we should be fast friends with. He just runs his mouth without thinking,and forgets he is OUR Representative to the world,and he is beginning to make OUR country look the fool.

Hawkfeathers
02 Feb 2017, 08:47
I'm not pleased about Tillerson. I've boycotted Exxon since the Valdez, for goodness sakes!

Juniper
02 Feb 2017, 14:58
REally, he can't even get along with AUSTRALIA? I mean, rilly. (http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/no-%e2%80%98g%e2%80%99day-mate%e2%80%99-on-call-with-australian-prime-minister-trump-badgers-and-brags/ar-AAmwmJc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp)

This link goes to a dead page for me :( but I think I've read similar articles. I'm actually curious to hear from our Australian friends here. I read a comment on Facebook that the Australian Prime Minister isn't much better than Trump, and that they have many similar ideas about certain policies (they didn't go into detail about which). Since I don't trust random Facebook comments much, I'd like to ask our Aussey members if there is any truth to this, based on your experience living in Australia.

Heka
03 Feb 2017, 06:10
This link goes to a dead page for me :( but I think I've read similar articles. I'm actually curious to hear from our Australian friends here. I read a comment on Facebook that the Australian Prime Minister isn't much better than Trump, and that they have many similar ideas about certain policies (they didn't go into detail about which). Since I don't trust random Facebook comments much, I'd like to ask our Aussey members if there is any truth to this, based on your experience living in Australia.

I didn't vote for Turnbull. He's a Liberal (which here is the conservative party lol). I'm not about the liberals. But if he was head of the labour party (liberals lol) I probably would have. Cos he's an alright guy. I mean politicians aren't ever great but he's ok.

Now what I've heard is that Turnbull has been pretty quiet about Trump, which I think is good. Don't need to go making statements. Not commenting just keeps him out of trouble so fair enough.

He reckons that Trump didn't hang up on him, and that the refugee deal will go ahead. Which is also a very safe diplomatic statement.

Trump is childish with his tweet, "a dumb deal" lol really mate.

Couldn't see your link Thal, that's just my 2 cents from what I understand atm.

We've got bigger problems locally atm lol, an aboriginal man refused to leave the rooms for the big boxing match for the national anthem, and then he lost. Racial tensions will be heightened for a bit...

Heka
03 Feb 2017, 06:16
Apparently now Trump is being friendly...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827480386120929280

anunitu
03 Feb 2017, 06:31
He does that,starts a ruckus about something,and then seems to just go,"Never mind"

Hawkfeathers
03 Feb 2017, 11:24
Apparently now Trump is being friendly...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827480386120929280

He must've found out who's got the bigger knife! :)

anunitu
03 Feb 2017, 11:35
I am beginning to think the whole thing is a Monty Python program...Alt-righters that Say ni.

https://youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo

Jembru
03 Feb 2017, 19:31
Is he just going to keep claiming 'Fake news' every time he gets caught out? I distinctly remember him saying that he had some difficult conversations but 'don't worry' it 'had to be done' because America is being taken advantage of... or is this just a fake memory?

He's pissing off everyone and making the US and their allies extremely vulnerable. He does know his wealth doesn't make him immune to a nuclear explosion, right?

I am beginning to think the whole thing is a Monty Python program...Alt-righters that Say ni.

https://youtu.be/zIV4poUZAQo

Off topic but just wanted to boast. I saw Spamalot, the stage show of Monty Python's Holy Grail with JP a few months ago. Not the original Pythons but a very good production all the same!

Denarius
03 Feb 2017, 22:58
Is he just going to keep claiming 'Fake news' every time he gets caught out?

Absolutely, seeing as how so much of it IS lies. (https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/827231535115988992) When he actually does do something legit shady, it's not going to change a darn thing. The people who trust the media already believe he's a nazi who is going to destroy the world. Donald Trump might just turn out to be the cultural superbug created out of overuse of media antibiotics, or more likely (imo) the next Trump.

The "No, actually for real this time" Trump. The Media's lies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcATG9Qy_A), and Bush and Obama's erosion of the Constitution, will have paved the way for it.

Big government and a corrupt media. The person who does take advantage of this is going to do so with high approval ratings, because it will all happen behind closed doors. Smile and wave to the people, while selling them out to the highest bidder. Just like Hillary would have done, and almost every president in recent memory already has. In big ways, and small.

...But Wikileaks, one of the few groups fighting government opacity is just a Russian psyop, trust us. Pay no heed to all the evidence of corruption and collusion.

That's just Russian lies, not an inconvenient truth. :angst:

anunitu
04 Feb 2017, 18:36
I posted this on another forum(my programming one) and it is how I feel about the political rambles and "Discussions" about those in power.

take it as you will,it is my opinion only.

My personal thoughts are,it matters little what party is in power. Both are the same just with different names. The public(common men/women) get used by the wealthy even when they try to pretend they will do good for the common working class people.
Trump pretends to be a Savior for the working class,but he,like all the rich abuse the working class for their own ends, not the good of the PEOPLE. It has been this way for hundreds of years,before they were the royals or the religions the "GOD" kings always keeping the Ordinary people under their thumb.

Trump is just another in the long line of "Hero's" who will be seen after all to be hollow and only bent on preserving the rich as rulers over the great unwashed.

My opinion only...believe as you will.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to be careful because this song keeps running through my head.
EAT THE RICH

https://youtu.be/75tKxkS6Muw

Bartmanhomer
05 Feb 2017, 17:53
Well Trump have deported his own supporters. I really hate to say this but everybody vote the wrong president and USA is suffering the inevitable. :mad:

Heka
06 Feb 2017, 21:02
Bringing this here as requested.

Many people believe very strongly that the 2nd Amendment ("A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.") is a blanket order that anyone and everyone can be armed with no regulation. Some even claim it's a "God-given" right, which is kinda confusing, because it's the Constitution, not the Bible, but there's a lot of confusion about that these days! Anyway, some states allow open carry, some have concealed with a permit, some have a free-for-all. My town always had open carry, and you had to get a permit to conceal, but now anyone can carry concealed. Some places don't allow guns, like the courthouse, some stores, banks etc., but you never know who's got what under their jacket. Some of the schools have armed teachers. We have very low crime. I'm not really happy about knowing some inexperienced person might open fire under a mistaken idea that something's amiss somewhere - people are generally stupid (Proof: look at the White House LOL) and there's a reason police etc., have lots of training. But it is what it is.

That amendment is stupid. No wonder you're all bloody stick with guns.

Like I can see why it was relevant in context. But people like taking things out of context.

Jembru
06 Feb 2017, 23:31
Yeah, got to love how he was willing to ban entire nations from which no one has committed a terrorist attack on US soil, but arming the mentally ill, who we know very well HAVE committed horrific massacres on US soil, is apparently fine!

Yeah, arm those most likely to kill innocents while scapegoating Muslims. Give the American people a false sense of security while making them less safe... well done Trump.

Tylluan Penry
07 Feb 2017, 03:18
Hasn't banned people from Saudi Arabia though... and almost everyone involved in 9/11 was a Saudi.

B. de Corbin
07 Feb 2017, 04:16
That amendment is stupid. No wonder you're all bloody stick with guns.

Like I can see why it was relevant in context. But people like taking things out of context.

As you say, it makes perfect sense in context. The importance of the amendment is indicated by being the secondmend in the ten amendments that make up the Bill of Rights.

However, the First Amendment - by that argument - is MORE important, yet, despite the phrasing "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances," freedom of speech, peaceful assembly, and petitioning the government are all regulated by law.

The belief that freedom to do something and legal requirements regarding that thing are incompatable is a silly attempt to be absolutist when it suites, but not when it doesn't.

I have guns, I shoot, and I have no problem with reasonable legal requirements.

The gun debate in America should not be about absolute license vs. draconian regulation, it should be about what "reasonable gun law" is.

Hawkfeathers
07 Feb 2017, 05:37
So, now they get around the "Congress shall make no law" part by just doing Executive Orders (Kinda joking, kinda not.)

B. de Corbin
07 Feb 2017, 10:28
We have a new Secretary of Education.

If your kids haven't gotten a high school diploma yet, begin saving now.

Hawkfeathers
07 Feb 2017, 10:53

It's gonna be a charter school nightmare.

anunitu
07 Feb 2017, 16:05
I am kind of missing the disaster/mall shooting/earthquake/other news,because of the non stop reporting of the orange ones antics.

B. de Corbin
07 Feb 2017, 16:33
I am kind of missing the disaster/mall shooting/earthquake/other news,because of the non stop reporting of the orange ones antics.

You're not missing anything anyway. President Clown-from-Hell says real news isn't reported anyway, because, you know, the media...

anunitu
07 Feb 2017, 16:35
You mean this guy.(Clown from Spawn)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f5/a7/6a/f5a76a1de7421d465818db414308ff68.jpg

B. de Corbin
07 Feb 2017, 18:10
You mean this guy.(Clown from Spawn)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f5/a7/6a/f5a76a1de7421d465818db414308ff68.jpg

Same hair, different guy.

anunitu
07 Feb 2017, 18:44
But you must admit,those hands are SMALL AND orange..

Hawkfeathers
07 Feb 2017, 18:45
There was a tornado in New Orleans today. It was hardly mentioned.

Now, Bernie Sanders & Ted Cruz are debating about healthcare. Interesting....

thalassa
08 Feb 2017, 04:10

ditto

The gun debate in America should not be about absolute license vs. draconian regulation, it should be about what "reasonable gun law" is.

Usually, when people get stupid about the 2nd Amendment, I ask them what their opinion on voter ID laws are. Some of them are intelligent enough to get the point.

anunitu
08 Feb 2017, 15:28
Mister orange(see reservoir dogs) has a brand new nick name(Our very own orange Leader)

that new nick name is "Easy D"

The Story here. (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/trump-easy-tweet-starts-snickering-social-media-article-1.2967385)

Unsurprisingly, others began riffing off of the not-safe-for-work connotation of Trump’s capitalized outburst, reposting an old photo of the President lounging in a bathrobe.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4KSZ03WYAM4jJ4.jpg

Urban Dictionary. (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Easy%20D&defid=11012051)

Heka
08 Feb 2017, 19:38
As you say, it makes perfect sense in context. The importance of the amendment is indicated by being the secondmend in the ten amendments that make up the Bill of Rights.

However, the First Amendment - by that argument - is MORE important, yet, despite the phrasing "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances," freedom of speech, peaceful assembly, and petitioning the government are all regulated by law.

The belief that freedom to do something and legal requirements regarding that thing are incompatable is a silly attempt to be absolutist when it suites, but not when it doesn't.

Kinda OT, but the Ammendment are just hard work haha

Heka
08 Feb 2017, 19:40

Relevant

anunitu
08 Feb 2017, 20:23
Harry Potter...Harry Potter........YEH!!

Denarius
09 Feb 2017, 02:19
College tuition fees have risen something like a thousand percent (http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/20043-dumbing-down-america-the-decline-of-education-in-the-us-as-seen-from-down-under) since the introduction of the position of Secretary of Education, giving us the most expensive education in the world or nearabouts. Even public schools are overpriced and underperforming, spending thousands more per head in public funds than other countries and still lagging well behind.

We went from the best educated in the world, to not even in the top ten and worse. (http://blog.aarp.org/2013/06/19/u-s-global-education-rankings-slipping-boomers-once-held-strong-lead/) All since the introduction of the position of Secretary of Education in 1979.

If she is inexperienced, GOOD. As far as we know experience does nothing but make it worse. Same thing with the president, career politicians are consistently terrible leaders. Inexperience is better than bad experience.

Medusa
09 Feb 2017, 02:31
Lol. Do you even know who she is and what she stands for?

Hint it involves advancing God's kingdom. Which is all nice in a church. Not in the public school system.

Hey there dr, your system sucks. Let's make plumbers the new doctors.

Hawkfeathers
09 Feb 2017, 09:07
Ever lived where a charter school was opened? I did. Property taxes went up. Then the school closed, it didn't last long as they have no oversight and totally mess up their finances, and taxes went up again to shoulder the burden of putting those kids in public schools. Yes they'd been there before, but when it comes to taxation, esp. in New Jersey, alternative accounting is used to figure taxes. Those charter schools are usually linked to one religion or another, too. In fact there's one group trying to open one as we speak, back in my old neighborhood. It's affiliated with the Islamic center.

anunitu
09 Feb 2017, 15:33
UPDATE.

Live updates: 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rules against Trump and travel ban will not go into effect

Story. (http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-live-updates-9th-circuit-arguments-9th-circuit-court-of-appeals-says-a-1486678883-htmlstory.html)

I wonder if the orange ones head will explode from this.

B. de Corbin
10 Feb 2017, 13:25
Trump gets a smackdown from the courts.

Conway gets a smackdown from the ethics comittee.

DeVoss gets a smackdown from protestors.

Flynn gets a smackdown from Pense.

LET THE SMACKDOWNS CONTINUE!

anunitu
10 Feb 2017, 17:21
So wrestle Mania? Giant cage match....people VS the orange warthog? Get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Hawkfeathers
10 Feb 2017, 17:45
It'll be interesting to see how his golfing weekend with the Japanese P.M. goes. I'd like to hear what Abe has to say about it when he gets home.

B. de Corbin
23 Feb 2017, 06:09
LMAO!!!

Even Breitbart isn't kissing tRumps butt anymore!

After Bannon, and the Milo Y. debacle (LOL - still laughing about that one :cool:), they claim they are going to start reporting actual news, instead of being a propaganda organ of the freaky-far right.

Breitbart News Seeks to Change Its Stripes After Yiannopoulos, Bannon Ties (http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/02/22/breitbart-news-seeks-to-change-its-stripes-after-yiannopoulos-bannon-ties.html)

“(Breitbart) was already in trouble with advertisers over Bannon’s alt-right remarks, but Milo made the battle much more difficult,” said a person close to the company.

B. de Corbin
24 Feb 2017, 20:07
A cold, self-righteous prig who goes regularly to church may be far nearer to Hell than a prostitute. - C. S. Lewis

Bannon has made his plan for America clear at CPAC - To tear down THIS country (whether we, the people, want it torn down or not), and reconstruct it according to HIS "vision" of what is good for US... which is a white Christian nation. His messianic insanity and politico-religious apocalyptic paranoia is beyond rational.

To make it official, I am now at war with my government. I truly hope that enough people will fight this war that it can be won without guns or physical violence... but, if not...

anunitu
24 Feb 2017, 22:30
As James Garner said in "Support your local sheriff" "I am just passing through,on my way to Australia"

B. de Corbin
24 Feb 2017, 22:50
Must stay. Must resist. Will not give up on the USA.

The concepts of governement "of the people, by the people, for the people" are too beautiful to surrender to "of me, by me, up yours."

Medusa
24 Feb 2017, 23:18
Staring the blocking of certain media.

Ah....I should get some stomping boots. I am part German, you know.

anunitu
24 Feb 2017, 23:46
A Mex-crout...Interesting...very interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

And...there is this..
http://realfunny.net/uploads/putting_red_bull_in_your_coffee_instead_of_water_c an_lead_to_very_interesting_results._9624605090.jp g

- - - Updated - - -

I am all what the...out...no more damns to give....Sorry,to old to do much of anything..If I am very lucky,I will be gone before the Nukes start to fall...

Denarius
25 Feb 2017, 00:29
Neither Milo nor Bannon is Alt-Right, Bannon is a paleocon and Milo is somewhere between that and neocon. He likes Bush, which automatically puts him in my "Dumb people to ignore" book.

Richard Spencer, /pol/, Stormfront, and The Right Stuff have never claimed them. Milo is a gay jew, the real Alt-Right is massively distrustful of him at best. Although I am not 100% on how they view Bannon. Probably not favorable considering how jewish Breitbart is, and given his history as a banker.

Though not all of them are of the "Irish aren't white" ilk, there are enough, most I'd wager dispise Catholicism regardless. Divided over Christianity, some see it as fundamentally jewish and Middle-Eastern. Also that it is globalist. Many would prefer ethnically European religions, secularism, or more modern stuff like Singularitarianism.

Long story short: The people you are trying to link them to hate them.

Medusa
25 Feb 2017, 01:09
I link Donald to Donald.

anunitu
25 Feb 2017, 02:20
I think Donald is a BOT,because he just repeats the same thing over and over and over....

In a recent picture when he was caught unaware.
http://p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/B0718040778/Interactive-talking-bot.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to put this out there,BUT since Arnold is now doing the Apprentice,Donald might be doing Arnolds old gig as the Terminator

Hmmm,Very interesting..

https://youtu.be/6SBVmUWFAIw

iris
25 Feb 2017, 08:10
So. Apparently fox brought an interview with the 'swedish defense and national security advisor' who agreed with Trump that the swedish immigration is a problem. The thing is... he is not in any way shape or form associated with any national security in sweden. He, from what our media have digged up about him, runs his own security company in the US. The swedish government have said they don't know who he is. But they present him as the national security advisor... That's fake news if ever I felt a need to use that term.
https://youtu.be/VHbynQsf8OA this is the only one I could find of youtube. Can't find English articles... kind of think that is some pretty important information for thise who would just blindly believe anything fox tells them...

B. de Corbin
25 Feb 2017, 08:32
So. Apparently fox brought an interview with the 'swedish defense and national security advisor' who agreed with Trump that the swedish immigration is a problem. The thing is... he is not in any way shape or form associated with any national security in sweden. He, from what our media have digged up about him, runs his own security company in the US. The swedish government have said they don't know who he is. But they present him as the national security advisor... That's fake news if ever I felt a need to use that term.
https://youtu.be/VHbynQsf8OA this is the only one I could find of youtube. Can't find English articles... kind of think that is some pretty important information for thise who would just blindly believe anything fox tells them...

I did find a Swedish article that interviewed the two policemen who were in the film shown on Fox. They stated that the questions that they seem to be answering in the film were not even close to the actual questions they were REALLY responding to. They're pretty angry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I link Donald to Donald.

Is that a polite way to say that he should go somewhere and have an incestuous relationship with himself?

Hawkfeathers
25 Feb 2017, 08:59
The 2 little girls across the street are adopted biological sisters. They're half Mexican and half Russian. Wonder what Donny would think of that? LOL

B. de Corbin
25 Feb 2017, 12:13

Here go - from The Washington Post, a respectable American newspaper that has been called (ironically) "fake news" by our pig of a president.
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/25/who-is-nils-bildt-swedish-national-security-advisor-interviewed-by-fox-news-is-a-mystery-to-swedes/?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.b6a33e836b11)
What that fart without the funny is doing to our country makes me sick. I drink a quart of ipecac each day just to Get the bad taste out of my mouth.

iris
25 Feb 2017, 12:43
Here go - from The Washington Post, a respectable American newspaper that has been called (ironically) "fake news" by our pig of a president.
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/25/who-is-nils-bildt-swedish-national-security-advisor-interviewed-by-fox-news-is-a-mystery-to-swedes/?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.b6a33e836b11)
What that fart without the funny is doing to our country makes me sick. I drink a quart of ipecac each day just to Get the bad taste out of my mouth.

It's not just your country either. One of our big charity organisations here have lost a lot of money, apparently they gotsome grants from the US, but one of their key elements is helping less privileged women across the world with safe childbirth, birthcontrol and abortion. So thanks to him they can't get that anymore. He affects everything -.- but I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

Juniper
25 Feb 2017, 18:45
As I've said before (on Facebook, not here), it's becoming more difficult for me to refrain from using expletives when talking about him.

Heka
25 Feb 2017, 19:08
As James Garner said in "Support your local sheriff" "I am just passing through,on my way to Australia"

Legit people, i have a spare room. You have to share it with the turtle but I'm sure you won't mind.

And because of ya'll and this trump nonsense, an Australia led by Pauline Hanson is actually a possibility. WHY GUYS

B. de Corbin
25 Feb 2017, 19:11
As I've said before (on Facebook, not here), it's becoming more difficult for me to refrain from using expletives when talking about him.

It's important that people unite. We need to avoid violence, but we also need to resist.

We are, literally, at war with an attempted assault on our constitution, and the ideals (as expressed in the Declaration of Independance) that give America a reason for existing.

It may be that some people do not see American politics as a "pagan" issue, but attempts to create a Christian "special status" in America should be an issue of concern to everybody who has an interest in religious freedom.

Denarius
25 Feb 2017, 19:45
We are, literally, at war with an attempted assault on our constitution, and the ideals (as expressed in the Declaration of Independance) that give America a reason for existing.

...but we weren't when Obama was doing it, because judging people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin is now racist.

http://i.imgur.com/HTkyIbc.jpg

B. de Corbin
25 Feb 2017, 20:15
Legit people, i have a spare room. You have to share it with the turtle but I'm sure you won't mind.

And because of ya'll and this trump nonsense, an Australia led by Pauline Hanson is actually a possibility. WHY GUYS

I like turtles. I'm a certified member of the Turtle Rescue Squad - I stop on the road and save snappers on their way to breading in the spring :)

ThePaganMafia
25 Feb 2017, 20:21
...but we weren't when Obama was doing it, because judging people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin is now racist.

Is it really? Like really?

I don't know man. You know whats really racist? I'd say criminal justice system that disproportionately targets people of color. An economic system that disproportionately oppresses people of color. Gentrification. Cops killing minorities and not facing a single charge. I (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/09/how-a-widespread-practice-to-politically-empower-african-americans-might-actually-harm-them/?utm_term=.37339d33a95c) mean the system actively works to reduce the power of black voters. Obama didn't do much about that either and extended injustice in a lot of circumstances so this not a defense of him. When, in the history of this nation as skin color not mattered? I'll fucking wait.

anunitu
25 Feb 2017, 20:22
I myself am a bit amazed that Repubs say he is a little crazy,and then go on to make excuses for his actions. Like having a pet dog with rabies and defending it when it bites someone.

Denarius
25 Feb 2017, 22:00
criminal justice system that disproportionately targets people of color.

That's one explanation for the fact that African Americans make up less than fifteen percent of the population, but commit more than fifty percent of murders. (https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43#disablemobile)

An economic system that disproportionately oppresses people of color.

...but also an education system that disproportionately benefits black and hispanic (http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9072.html) students, at the expense of white and asian students. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0038-4941.2004.00284.x/abstract;jsessionid=BE242D133714879A85AD3ACC840F29 D1.f04t01) African Americans are also disproportionately benefited by welfare, even compared to other minority groups. (http://blog.lowincome.org/2016/04/truth-about-welfare-foodstamps-how-many-blacks-vs-whites.html#.WLJq5PHyvCI) Whites are underrepresented.

Gentrification. Which is a good thing for the neighborhoods and the people living in them (http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21644164-gentrification-good-poor-bring-hipsters), regardless of race.

Cops killing minorities and not facing a single charge.

There are a lot of problems there to unpack and deal with as a nation, but I see it mostly as a class issue and a city issue.

I (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/06/09/how-a-widespread-practice-to-politically-empower-african-americans-might-actually-harm-them/?utm_term=.37339d33a95c) mean the system actively works to reduce the power of black voters.

According to the article not doing it is racist and bad, but doing it is just as racist and bad and they don't offer an alternative. No way to win, so why worry about it?

Also, the other usual charge of rigging against minorities is also BS. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE)

ThePaganMafia
25 Feb 2017, 23:08
That's one explanation for the fact that African Americans make up less than fifteen percent of the population, but commit more than fifty percent of murders. (https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43#disablemobile)

Crime is largely an economic and class issue. When you consider that a higher proportion of inner cities are poor and black you can't tell me you wouldn't expect murder rates to reflect that. And you couldn't tell me it wouldn't be different if whites were in a reverse position unless you believe that blacks are just predisposed to violence.

...but also an education system that disproportionately benefits black and hispanic (http://press.princeton.edu/titles/9072.html) students, at the expense of white and asian students. (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0038-4941.2004.00284.x/abstract;jsessionid=BE242D133714879A85AD3ACC840F29 D1.f04t01) African Americans are also disproportionately benefited by welfare, even compared to other minority groups. (http://blog.lowincome.org/2016/04/truth-about-welfare-foodstamps-how-many-blacks-vs-whites.html#.WLJq5PHyvCI) Whites are underrepresented.

BECAUSE MINORITIES AND ESPECIALLY BLACKS ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECTED BY POVERTY DUDE (http://stateofworkingamerica.org/fact-sheets/poverty/)

Which is a good thing for the neighborhoods and the people living in them (http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21644164-gentrification-good-poor-bring-hipsters), regardless of race.

Have you ever lived in New York City? I have. Brooklyn, former working class borough, just try to pay rent on a workers salary. Try to pay rent in Harlem on a working class salary. Try it in the Bronx, the cheapest borough. I lived in the Bronx. $1200 a month for a shoebox in Hunts Point. Working class wages do not reflect the astronomical rent increases. Gentrification has systematically wiped out working class neighborhoods and turned them over to developers. Congratulations, you're neighborhood has a trendy new coffee shop and a bunch of hipster transplants. Too bad you won't afford to live here in six months.

There are a lot of problems there to unpack and deal with as a nation, but I see it mostly as a class issue and a city issue.

Of course it's a class issue. It's also a race issue. It's intersectional. But, if you see this as a class issue than you must see all these other points as class issues. Unless, you are just using class in this instance to prop up your heavily racist argument.

According to the article not doing it is racist and bad, but doing it is just as racist and bad and they don't offer an alternative. No way to win, so why worry about it?

Also, the other usual charge of rigging against minorities is also BS. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE)

The fact that districts are heavily gerrymandered in regards to race is not even in question so don't even try it. Let's look at a map. (http://reclaimtheamericandream.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/NC2010vs2012CongressionalRedistricting.png)

And even WaPo sides against you on Voter ID laws. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/03/courts-are-finally-pointing-out-the-racism-behind-voter-id-laws/?utm_term=.db3dfa86f514)

And the messed up thing is these issues are real. Undeniably. You're not simply being a contrarian. You are marginalizing the experience and struggles that people affected by these issues deal with every day. You say they don't exist. You argue they don't matter. But millions experience them everyday. That's fucked up.

Denarius
26 Feb 2017, 00:40
Crime is largely an economic and class issue.

I absolutely agree, though tribalism does play a role. (http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0956797613508956) Not to say that people are racist, or rather that to the extent such a thing matters it is mutual, so much as multiculturalism (http://www.medicaldaily.com/interracial-friendships-less-likely-self-segregation-more-common-larger-schools-245037) is a failed system. (http://www.livescience.com/20663-black-white-segregated-neighborhoods.html)

And you couldn't tell me it wouldn't be different if whites were in a reverse position unless you believe that blacks are just predisposed to violence.

If such a thing is true, and I can't find any data to back up either way, then it is likely a confluence of issues. I could certainly point to increased testosterone (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741), the degradation of the black family (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/12/black-youths-more-likely-to-come-from-broken-homes/) and how that relates to r/K Selection Theory (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8N3FF_3KvU), the so called "Warrior gene (http://conservative-headlines.com/2012/06/does-maoa-gene-make-black-people-more-violent/)," or just refer to the above critique of multiculturalism... but it's a moot point as it has no bearing on my wanting to judge people on their own merits.

BECAUSE MINORITIES AND ESPECIALLY BLACKS ARE DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECTED BY POVERTY DUDE (http://stateofworkingamerica.org/fact-sheets/poverty/)

...but, as is the main point I was making, even accounting for class African Americans get proportiately more welfare than Hispanic and Asian Americans. (http://www.nccp.org/media/releases/release_34.html)

Try to pay rent in Harlem on a working class salary. Try it in the Bronx, the cheapest borough. I lived in the Bronx.

The housing market, and the increasingly shat upon working class are complex issues. Worker Productivity vs Earnings compared to raising cost of living is concerning. However, much of that comes back to illegal immigration and ultimately welfare or more specifically incompetent government involvement in the economy. In my opinion, of course.

It's intersectional.

It's many things, issues are complicated. Race and class play a role, to be sure. However I haven't been convinced that this is, to any great extent, a problem of racism and classism. Certainly not one-sided, either.

your heavily racist argument.

I disagree with this assessment as, again I will point out, ultimately I see no reason to judge people on the basis of race over personal merit. However, I do think that given the nature of racial tensions in America some degree of segregation (to use a dirty word) would be helpful. At the very least more black run businesses, especially the police, in black neighborhoods will help to alleviate some of this tension. As I don't see this distrust abating from either side anytime soon.

Keep in mind that I live in a such a segregated area, a reservation. Many whites live in similar segregation in gated communities, as is well known.

The fact that districts are heavily gerrymandered in regards to race is not even in question so don't even try it. Let's look at a map. (http://reclaimtheamericandream.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/NC2010vs2012CongressionalRedistricting.png)

It is also a fact that race is a major predictor of partisanship. (http://brilliantmaps.com/if-only-x-voted/) Have an issue with gerrymandering if you like, but I don't see racism as being the major driving force here. Partisanship is, race is incidental.

And the messed up thing is these issues are real. Undeniably.

I don't doubt it. I just think that many are blown out of proportion, understudied, and oversimplified.

You're not simply being a contrarian. You are marginalizing the experience and struggles that people affected by these issues deal with every day.

Friendly reminder that I am a working class minority. I am contextualizing, and providing my opinion of, experiences that I participate in to the extent that I do participate in them while providing citations to support arguments for that which I do not.

You say they don't exist. I say that I am not convinced that certain parts of certain things happen for certain reasons, especially given my understanding that certain things are at play to greater or lesser extents. Not quite the same thing, I'd say.

You argue they don't matter. I argue that feels shouldn't matter more than reals, that social equality should be enshrined in our laws not social justice.

Against permanent and simple solutions to temporary and complicated problems.

That people should be judged by the content of their character not the color of their skin.

Heka
26 Feb 2017, 23:25
I like turtles. I'm a certified member of the Turtle Rescue Squad - I stop on the road and save snappers on their way to breading in the spring :)

I do this too! When the dam dries up they turtles 'migrate' to the shit pit out of town and have to cross roads and the main highway. Turtle savers!!!

B. de Corbin
02 Mar 2017, 05:40
I do this too! When the dam dries up they turtles 'migrate' to the shit pit out of town and have to cross roads and the main highway. Turtle savers!!!

Here, in the spring, the females return to the place from which they hatched to lay their own eggs. We see a lot of red-eared sliders (common pond turtle), and snappers. It's the only time you see snappers out of the water.

Heka
04 Mar 2017, 04:06
Here, in the spring, the females return to the place from which they hatched to lay their own eggs. We see a lot of red-eared sliders (common pond turtle), and snappers. It's the only time you see snappers out of the water.

We only have murray short necks really. And they're kinda introduced. Most of the damns etc had them deposited way back when. We're too far from any water sources otherwise.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 05:55
Thank you for diverting my attention to politics with cute turtle stories..

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this on Google news..and it seems Mr. Orange has begun to become paranoid of everything.

Trump Accuses Obama of Wiretapping Trump Tower During Campaign.

Story here. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-accuses-obama-wiretapping-residence-during-campaign-n729056)

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 06:44
Just saw this on Google news..and it seems Mr. Orange has begun to become paranoid of everything.

Trump Accuses Obama of Wiretapping Trump Tower During Campaign.

Story here. (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-accuses-obama-wiretapping-residence-during-campaign-n729056)

Or, you know, he's the President and would have access to that information.

If you think he's lying, say that. If you want proof, say that. The idea that he's just being paranoid is ridiculous.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 08:57
It "Might" be possible that the NSA did a wiretap on him,BUT then it "Might" be possible they wiretapped Everyone..

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 11:06
I should most likely not judge a man who chased after birth certificates,and said Obama was a secret Muslim in the Muslim Brotherhood...who was secretly seeding his administration with spies and fellow travelers. No paranoia there to see.

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 11:54
I should most likely not judge a man who chased after birth certificates

Which was A: Started by Hillary Clinton's Campaign (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/22/fact-checking-media-yes-clinton-machine-did-start-/), and B: Proven to have some degree of validity. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuhF-Ok3djI)

said Obama was a secret Muslim in the Muslim Brotherhood

He brought up the possibility, in the context of explaining what the earlier could be hiding.

He never actually said that he believed it was the case, merely a possibility. Which it very well is, given that Obama is hiding something.

who was secretly seeding his administration with spies and fellow travelers.

Which is about as credible as Trump being a Russian agent and urine connoisseur, actually a lot more so given the corruption in the DNC and how shady our government is.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 12:07
So,we should just scrap our Government and replace it with what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the things Obama has been accused of are so stupid in their attempt to discredit..secret Gay, hiding this in the white house...these seem so much like the Homophobic attempt to divert from the accusers own secret issues....

- - - Updated - - -

And the statement that Obama "MUST" be hiding something,how otherwise to explain the black man becoming President?

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 19:19
So,we should just scrap our Government and replace it with what exactly?

Just gotta Drain the Swamp to Make America Great Again.

Some of the things Obama has been accused of are so stupid in their attempt to discredit..secret Gay, hiding this in the white house...these seem so much like the Homophobic attempt to divert from the accusers own secret issues....

I can't find anything about Trump or Sheriff Joe accusing him of being gay. I've certainly never made that argument, so I don't see how it is relevant. When I distrust the CIA there is damn good reason for it, remember the WMDs that they assured us they had evidence of? When I question Obama's birth certificate, it is because of the evidence. I wouldn't even give it the time of day, otherwise.

And the statement that Obama "MUST" be hiding something, how otherwise to explain the black man becoming President?

He "Must be hiding something" because there is evidence that his birth certificate had been fabricated. You don't forge documents unless there is a very pressing concern. Like hiding something that would delegitimize a presidency, like not being a natural born citizen. Those aren't exactly non sequiturs, they do logically follow.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 20:20
The whole birth thing has now been denied by Trump as not true,the whole Manchurian candidate thing is a wash as he did not kill the government also it seems more likely Trump would fit that idea what with the Russian preference.

- - - Updated - - -

He "Must be hiding something" because there is evidence that his birth certificate had been fabricated. You don't forge documents unless there is a very pressing concern. Like hiding something that would delegitimize a presidency, like not being a natural born citizen. Those aren't exactly non sequiturs, they do logically follow

also please post the evidence you speak of

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 20:27
I did, it's in the link where I say "proven to have some degree of validity." Sheriff Joe had the document examined by experts, and had the results independently verified, which showed that parts of the document were cloned from a different birth certificate.

I think there was one other thing, but it's been a good while and that's a long video.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 20:33
Sheriff Joe seems hardly a source of absolute truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Proof is NOT speculation,and did not Donald himself investigate the birth certificate,with no results?

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 20:44
Sheriff Joe seems hardly a source of absolute truth.

I don't take anyone as that. If you make an assertion without evidence, it can be dismissed without evidence. Though I can respect, and even entertain, a good argument. I'm not one to accept something outlandish as true on someone's word alone.

The evidence he provided is enough to convince me that something shady is going on. Though, as should be obvious, I tend to assume that the government is shady and politicians are corrupt by default. Which isn't exactly an unwarranted assumption, by most accounts.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/sl2j8b/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-that-thing-they-said-they-re-not-doing--they-re-totally-doing---world-of-watchcraft

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 22:20
Shady perhaps...I am not a huge fan of the NSA or most anything that tries to control everyone,and it looks like the Donald is trying to do exactly that with overkill.

I would love a perfect Government with mini control of us,but you and I know that will never come to pass.The left is to controlling,as is the right..and all politicians are only in it for themselves..How could anyone believe Trump cares about anything but his own needs and wants.

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 22:42
I am not a huge fan of the NSA or most anything that tries to control everyone,and it looks like the Donald is trying to do exactly that with overkill.

So far he is the most libertarian president we've had in decades.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445185/trump-less-authoritarian-obama

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 22:59
A point here,despite fate handing us good luck and progress,humans tend to screw things up constantly. Economy doing alright..add a freaking housing bubble to burst our stable home...fly a plane into out building just because it was FUN...and drag us into not 1 but 2 10 plus years of war. If I was not so non Christian,I might think it was an attempt to kick of an apocalypse,just like the ISIS peeps are trying to do...I begin to think EVERY human has a death wish because they believe Jesus or Mohamed will show up at the last minute to take us away to Heaven. So,truthfully everything is a LIE,there are no good guys waiting in the wings,there are no such things as human rights or ethical people,or a real future..it is a pipe dream of all the Leaders to keep the folks quiet and dormant until they manage to blow the whole place to hell.

Yeh,I am tired of all the Conspiracies,and tall tails...heard all these crap stories way to long to think they are anything but BS on a stick..

- - - Updated - - -

And why is a Libertarian such a good thing...just another political shell game.

Denarius
04 Mar 2017, 23:13

Because relinquishing power is not something often done in politics, especially not from the Oval Office in recent years.

anunitu
04 Mar 2017, 23:25
How is the big orange one relinquishing power? Does not seem that way from my point of view..

- - - Updated - - -

More like he is going to hand OUR pink butts trussed up to the Russians.

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I feel we are headed.

https://youtu.be/JbBCfeM964s

Heka
05 Mar 2017, 14:23
Hey Denarius, just wanted to point out, it's nice having someone with different view points. I don't necessarily agree with you all the time, but when you're on one side of the fence you only see reasoned argument from that side. So its nice to see reasoned debate from the other side, especially cos often that side seems to have no idea what they're on about.

B. de Corbin
06 Mar 2017, 13:21
The POTUS is a loony. Why pretend otherwise?

Now he's just making shit up. I mean, REALLY making shit up out of invisible evidence.

Hawkfeathers
06 Mar 2017, 15:06
North Korea is stirring up trouble again/still. They launched missiles today. I can't even begin to imagine a serious altercation between Kim Jong-un and Trump. Two rabid tribbles.

anunitu
06 Mar 2017, 16:50
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ibjLhum0NE0/Vh3CotnCagI/AAAAAAAABcU/9zANEwrgz8k/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-10-13%2Bat%2B10.47.31%2BPM.png

anunitu
07 Mar 2017, 03:49
Ben Carson...Say What?

Samuel L. Jackson reaction (www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/samuel-l-jackson-on-ben-carsons-slavery-comment-mothafa-please_us_58bdd2f5e4b09ab537d5e4b0)

"Samuel L. Jackson On Ben Carson’s Slavery Comment: ‘Mothaf***a Please’
Carson referred to those on “slave ships” as “immigrants.”

Also
Why you should NOT let Ben Carson drill a hole in your head

Here. (https://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2017/mar/07/why-you-should-not-let-ben-carson-drill-a-hole-in-your-head)

B. de Corbin
07 Mar 2017, 04:23
Ben Carson...Say What?

Slaves = immigrants.

Well, that's one way of saying it...

(maybe slavers should raid Syria, and get us some new immigrants)

Denarius
07 Mar 2017, 04:54
(maybe slavers should raid Syria, and get us some new immigrants)

If they want slaves, they just have to go to nearby Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan. The slavery capitals of the world.

Also, yes, immigrants are basically the new slaves. Over a hundred years later and still Democrats are worried that the cheap labor they are exploiting will go away making their businesses will less profitable and raising the price of some crops. Also the republicans too, because there really is barely a difference in almost all cases.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/05/28/zucked-silicon-valley-scared-death-trump-part-1/

The "broken" visa system and lax border security was an intentional attack on the Unions. A concerted effort by business insiders and corrupt politicians to pad their bottom line at the expense of the working class. To drive down wages and erode workers' rights.

Combine that with welfare and the school system, and there you have the attack on the middle class. Ultimately, they want to hyperstratify the US into just the ruling class and the welfare class with all work being done by slaves. Either foreigners or robots.

All the while being hailed as "progressive," when in reality they are no different than any ruling class.

B. de Corbin
07 Mar 2017, 05:08
You forgot to cite Breitbart on the Obama wire tap...

Hawkfeathers
07 Mar 2017, 07:00
Carson ranks up there with Schlafly in my book.

So they're developing the new health care plan. Higher tax credits for us older people - BUT of course the premiums are gonna be sky high, too. 90-1 odds this will cost me, and others in my ACA gap, even more.

anunitu
07 Mar 2017, 19:27
And people wonder why I am such a "I am so short(Military term) I could give a rats ass about tomorrow) If you don't understand that,ask a Veteran to explain it to you,also ask about Snafu and Fubar..

thalassa
15 Mar 2017, 03:42

Its not. Its more likely to put us in another Great Depression, also makes it easier to exploit people, also to exploit resources (which we do well enough at already) and pretty much usher in the collapse of the species Homo sapiens. Its basically lots of people pretending to be the metaphor of Nero watching Rome burn.

I take it back...great idea.

B. de Corbin
24 Mar 2017, 13:07
My spiritual beliefs say hate is self destructive, so I try not to hate.

But my spiritual beliefs also say laughter is healing, so I laugh as I watch the worst president in the history of the United States of America make a total mess of everything he tries to do... while blaming everybody but his own inability to take effective action.

Hawkfeathers
24 Mar 2017, 13:11
He actually whined about how the bill "had no Democrat support". Um, hello?

B. de Corbin
24 Mar 2017, 14:17
He actually whined about how the bill "had no Democrat support". Um, hello?

And, much like Pontius Pilate, he washed his hands of health care.

Denarius
24 Mar 2017, 14:17
The failure of Ryancare is a win in my books.

https://twitter.com/polNewsNetwork1/status/845363881736318976

ThePaganMafia
24 Mar 2017, 15:06
The failure of Ryancare is a win in my books.

https://twitter.com/polNewsNetwork1/status/845363881736318976

Cool source with a cool take on a Nazi flag I guess.

Denarius
24 Mar 2017, 16:19
Cool source with a cool take on a Nazi flag I guess.

/pol/, being edgy? Perish the thought.

B. de Corbin
24 Mar 2017, 16:54
Stuck listening to useless crap.

What ever bacame of actual conversation? You know, where people exchange honest thought, rather than adolescent sniping?

thalassa
24 Mar 2017, 18:40
Stuck listening to useless crap.

What ever became of actual conversation? You know, where people exchange honest thought, rather than adolescent sniping?

Yeah, social media killed that.

Medusa
24 Mar 2017, 21:44
I laughed so hard I do believe I tinkled a little bit.

Thankfully my healthcare covers incontinence.

Thanks Obama!

:=I:

ThePaganMafia
24 Mar 2017, 23:57
Denarius, how do you defend my medical coverage no longer being affordable given my pre-existing conditions? Because, now, with Trump's guidance I am will soon no longer be under the rule that protects genetic defects from being overcharged by medical insurers. I want to know what you think my fate should be after 17 surgeries to make me look somewhat normal. And please try explaining this to me without sources involving neo-Nazi flags.

anunitu
25 Mar 2017, 00:20
Having just awoken from my Coffin,what the Hades is all this about the great pumpkin being elected President????

I need answers people...snap,snap....what is the 411?

Hawkfeathers
25 Mar 2017, 05:02
Now 45 is saying he never said he'd come up with a solution in 60-whatever days.

No. You said "on day one", twitler. Some people are defending him like he's the creator of the universe. Amazing.

anunitu
25 Mar 2017, 05:08
I follow with delight the new "Flying Circus" But who is playing the Knights who say nee? Monty?,anyone?

B. de Corbin
25 Mar 2017, 07:01
I follow with delight the new "Flying Circus" But who is playing the Knights who say nee? Monty?,anyone?

Sick Sean Hannity and rubber Rush Limbaugh.

Denarius
25 Mar 2017, 11:36
Denarius, how do you defend my medical coverage no longer being affordable given my pre-existing conditions? Because, now, with Trump's guidance I will soon no longer be under the rule that protects genetic defects from being overcharged by medical insurers.

Ryan's guidance, by way of his corporate sponsors, which if things are heading the way I think it is will no longer be an issue.

I want to know what you think my fate should be after 17 surgeries to make me look somewhat normal.

Ideally, you should be able to have access to healthcare outside of the corporate monopoly and government bureaucracy. If it were up to me there would be no restrictions whatsoever on the practice of medicine outside of the basic assurance that you are getting what you are paying for. You could just as easily get it out of the back of a van in exchange for a case of Miller Light, or from a small mom and pop clinic for a fair price.

Do I think Trump will deregulate to that extent? No, but he promised to break up the monopoly that was imposed by Obamacare. Which I really do believe will help, but I don't think it will solve any of the underlying problems.

For that, you need to undo the influence of corporate centrism that the Boomers ruined America with. (http://i.imgur.com/iXzsgvK.png)

Medusa
25 Mar 2017, 11:49
So surgeries out of the back of a van? You should see the doctor about that bump on your head.

Denarius
25 Mar 2017, 11:58
So surgeries out of the back of a van?

My point, is that different people have different needs and different situations call for different tactics.

Universalization is necessarily homogenization, which allows for people falling through the cracks. Bureaucracy is just needless complication, and a hinderance to organically ordered commerce which naturally accounts for niches.

There will always be people who are willing to provide a service in exchange for compensation. The more variety in services and compensation, the better.

anunitu
25 Mar 2017, 13:13
Single payer as in Medicare for everyone. Insurance company's are always way to expensive. My thoughts are that the medical healers should be something like a priesthood,and get a LOT of benefits(no taxes,Discounts for food and shelter,an elite brotherhood,and sisterhood dedicated to the healing arts) Doctors should NOT be in it for the money,but the for the benefit of humanity as a whole . I know,a pipe dream..but at some time in our future I imagine no economy of wealth,but an effort to better humanity,and pursue higher goals.

So this dream within a dream.

https://youtu.be/VOgFZfRVaww

Denarius
25 Mar 2017, 14:19
Doctors should NOT be in it for the money,but the for the benefit of humanity as a whole . I know,a pipe dream..but at some time in our future I imagine no economy of wealth,but an effort to better humanity,and pursue higher goals.

Only possible in Fascist or post-scarcity societies, imo. Both are certainly possibilities, or even inevitabilities.

Tylluan Penry
28 Mar 2017, 03:46
Health care should be free at the point of use. It is as simple as that. If countries can afford to stockpile nuclear and other weapons, they can afford to keep their citizens healthy. Many doctors within the NHS also work privately, too.

Denarius
28 Mar 2017, 10:42
The US lost one trillion two hundred forty billion dollars (http://i.imgur.com/53h5Dg8.png) in taxes on socialized medicine, in 2015 alone. It's almost twice as much (http://i.imgur.com/1WQ7V7X.png) as our defense spending.

Also, illegal immigrants use a lot of it and don't put very much back into it. (http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers)

Tylluan Penry
28 Mar 2017, 11:56
The US lost one trillion two hundred forty billion dollars (http://i.imgur.com/53h5Dg8.png) in taxes on socialized medicine, in 2015 alone. It's almost twice as much (http://i.imgur.com/1WQ7V7X.png) as our defense spending.

Also, illegal immigrants use a lot of it and don't put very much back into it. (http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers)
The US has never really tried a proper health service.
As for illegal immigrants - I suppose while you're at it you could blame women (I mean, they have babies and men don't) too. And motorists - for having road accidents...

- - - Updated - - -

The US has never really tried a proper health service.
As for illegal immigrants - I suppose while you're at it you could blame women (I mean, they have babies and men don't) too. And motorists - for having road accidents...

thalassa
28 Mar 2017, 11:57
Non-discretionary spending is funded differently than discretionary spending.

Denarius
28 Mar 2017, 12:04

Do you have any information I don't that says that women or motorists use significantly more tax dollars than they put in the system?

Hawkfeathers
28 Mar 2017, 12:29
Do you have any information I don't that says that women or motorists use significantly more tax dollars than they put in the system?

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/ None of these mothers, being teenagers, could possibly have put a lot into the system by the time they incurred the costs associated with childbirth. The number of teenaged males doing this is, of course, zero.

I'm not going to search for statistics on motor vehicle accident costs incurred by non-drivers, and how that stacks up next to those with licenses, but you can if you want to.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/ None of these mothers, being teenagers, could possibly have put a lot into the system by the time they incurred the costs associated with childbirth. The number of teenaged males doing this is, of course, zero.

I'm not going to search for statistics on motor vehicle accident costs incurred by non-drivers, and how that stacks up next to those with licenses, but you can if you want to.

Denarius
28 Mar 2017, 13:14
https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/ None of these mothers, being teenagers, could possibly have put a lot into the system by the time they incurred the costs associated with childbirth.

Not even one tenth the tax burden. $9.1B a year for teen motherhood (https://www.teenpregnancysc.org/sites/default/files/uploads/Documents/SC%20Spending%20on%20Teen%20Pregnancy.pdf) compared to $113B a year for illegal immigration. (http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers)

That's not even getting into how much they take out of the system vs how much they pay into it, in their lifetime. I couldn't find anything on teen mothers, but Illegal immigrants (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_illegal_immigrants_in_the_Unite d_States#Institute_on_Taxation_and_Economic_Policy _Study) pay twenty times less into the system than average. (https://www.fool.com/taxes/2017/03/14/how-much-does-the-average-american-pay-in-taxes.aspx)

Given the significant disparity in the amount they are costing the system, there'd have to be an equally significant disparity in the amount they are putting into the system in order for it to be comparable. Though, even if they paid nothing back into the system, ever, the burden is still significantly higher for immigration.

Tylluan Penry
29 Mar 2017, 01:41
Denarius, the entire population of the US is the result of immigration. You are all bloody immigrants, just about. Including most of the people in government. Even if you can go back centuries, the chances are that one's ancestors came over on a ship and set up camp in north america. They certainly weren't invited by the original peoples. (And I'm not picking on you or the US - same goes for the UK and Europe).

Maybe you are a member of the First Nations, fair enough if you are. But then you should be raving at all these other 'illegals' who have come over during the past few centuries as 'illegals' too. And the source you gave for what illegals are presently costing is more than a little skewed. I mean the very title, The Federation for American Immgration Reform is a bit of unwitting testimony regarding their agenda.

Medusa
29 Mar 2017, 01:52
My people are the 'they' of this administration.
Just wait until it's you.

Just.Wait.

anunitu
29 Mar 2017, 02:47
I agree...when that iron ball rolls,it eventually rolls over everyone.

thalassa
29 Mar 2017, 08:30
Not even one tenth the tax burden. $9.1B a year for teen motherhood (https://www.teenpregnancysc.org/sites/default/files/uploads/Documents/SC%20Spending%20on%20Teen%20Pregnancy.pdf) compared to $113B a year for illegal immigration. (http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers)

Illegal immigration makes money for the economy overall.

The Congressional Budget Office (http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8711/12-6-immigration.pdf) in 2007 answered this question in the following manner: “Over the past two decades, most efforts to estimate the fiscal impact of immigration in the United States have concluded that, in aggregate and over the long term, tax revenues of all types generated by immigrants—both legal and unauthorized—exceed the cost of the services they use.” According to the New York Times, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration claims that undocumented workers have contributed close to 10% ($300 billion) of the Social Security Trust Fund.
(snip)
Although Harvard economist Jorge Borjas has stated that illegal immigrants from 1980-2000 have reduced the wages of high school dropouts in the U.S, he also states that the average American’s wealth has increased by 1 percent because of illegal immigration
http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/foreign-policy/203984-illegal-immigrants-benefit-the-us-economy

Denarius
29 Mar 2017, 11:13
Maybe you are a member of the First Nations, fair enough if you are. But then you should be raving at all these other 'illegals' who have come over during the past few centuries as 'illegals' too.

I'm biracial, but that's also a good point about how unchecked immigration is dangerous and disruptive. Nowadays we have a system of legal immigration set up to insure that people aren't bringing diseases (http://www.naturalnews.com/052527_illegal_immigration_measles_infectious_dise ase.html) like the ones that almost wiped out the indigenous population and will integrate into our society instead of displace it with theirs. (http://www.investors.com/politics/perspective/tapper-scolding-of-carson-ignores-islamic-fifth-column-building-inside-america/)

the source you gave for what illegals are presently costing is more than a little skewed. I mean the very title, The Federation for American Immgration Reform is a bit of unwitting testimony regarding their agenda.

You disagree with their agenda, fine I can respect that, if you disagree with their findings then I'll need to see another source that says otherwise. Then we can have that discussion.

My people are the 'they' of this administration.
Just wait until it's you.

Just.Wait.

My people, the rural working class, were the "they" of the last administration...and the one before that... and the one before that...

Illegal immigration makes money for the economy overall.

However,many estimates also show that the cost of providingpublic services to unauthorized immigrants at the stateand local levels exceeds what that population pays in stateand local taxes.

Very interesting how they didn't finish that quote from the article they sourced.

Although Harvard economist Jorge Borjas has stated that illegal immigrants from 1980-2000 have reduced the wages of high school dropouts in the U.S, he also states that the average American’s wealth has increased by 1 percent because of illegal immigration

At the expense of working class americans and legal immigrants. (http://www.fairus.org/publications/immigration-poverty-and-low-wage-earners-the-harmful-effects-of-unskilled-immigrants-on-american-wor)

I know correlation does not imply causation, but there are some strong correlations (http://i.imgur.com/iXzsgvK.png) with the massive increase in legal immigration from Mexico since the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and the spike of illegal immigration that followed it. (http://immigration.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000844)

Though I can't possibly see how importing millions of unskilled laborers since the sixties has anything to do with the precipitous fall in demand for unskilled labor or the crumbling influence of the labor union.

anunitu
29 Mar 2017, 11:58
One point that some seem to find hard to understand when it comes to Unskilled labor,and people wanting their "Jobs" back. Many jobs are GONE,and will never come back,the hand has writ,and moved on. I have read there are a LOT of jobs that go unfilled mainly because there is a lack of trained and educated people to fill them. It would be a VERY good idea for our Government to have an educational program as many other countries have. Germany as an example (http://www.npr.org/2012/04/04/149927290/the-secret-to-germanys-low-youth-unemployment) Companies seeking skilled workers can and should sponsor and back a system of training for the workers they seek. They could require that these trained workers "promise,as in contract" to work for the companies that sponsored their education. This might also apply to medicine..Covering the cost of training doctors,and having an obligation to work doing community clinics for their first 6-10 years and then go into private practice.

If we want a strong and prosperous country then we have an obligation to train up our workers,so we as a country can grow and surpass expectations we have as a leader in the world.

thalassa
29 Mar 2017, 12:10
Though I can't possibly see how importing millions of unskilled laborers since the sixties has anything to do with the precipitous fall in demand for unskilled labor or the crumbling influence of the labor union.

Automation.

Denarius
29 Mar 2017, 12:39
Automation.

Interesting though that it only became an issue in the work force at the exact same time that illegal immigration started massively spiking. Jobs may be "gone" but there are sure a lot being filled by foreign nationals.

http://i.imgur.com/GWuhwjr.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/eTHIzpq.png?1

monsno_leedra
29 Mar 2017, 13:18
One point that some seem to find hard to understand when it comes to Unskilled labor,and people wanting their "Jobs" back. Many jobs are GONE,and will never come back,the hand has writ,and moved on. I have read there are a LOT of jobs that go unfilled mainly because there is a lack of trained and educated people to fill them. It would be a VERY good idea for our Government to have an educational program as many other countries have. Germany as an example (http://www.npr.org/2012/04/04/149927290/the-secret-to-germanys-low-youth-unemployment) Companies seeking skilled workers can and should sponsor and back a system of training for the workers they seek. They could require that these trained workers "promise,as in contract" to work for the companies that sponsored their education. This might also apply to medicine..Covering the cost of training doctors,and having an obligation to work doing community clinics for their first 6-10 years and then go into private practice.

If we want a strong and prosperous country then we have an obligation to train up our workers,so we as a country can grow and surpass expectations we have as a leader in the world.

There used to be quite a few apprentice type programs in the US, many backed by major corporations. Even considering all the automation and such within many industries there are still many jobs that require skilled workers but those skilled workers are not to be found. Many of the technical schools that once existed have folded and many of the advanced apprentice schools are gone as well. Yet you still see many corporations using headhunters to seek out qualified people that they could grow both in-house and through their own apprentice programs. But that also costs dollars and that means trimming profit lines I think.

anunitu
29 Mar 2017, 13:44
Point,profit may fall if said companies have no workers to create their products(Then they go to other countries to fulfill their needs)

thalassa
30 Mar 2017, 04:13
Interesting though that it only became an issue in the work force at the exact same time that illegal immigration started massively spiking. Jobs may be "gone" but there are sure a lot being filled by foreign nationals.

Correlation is not causation. And a lot of jobs are being filled by foreign nationals because they actually get better educations, have a better work ethic, and value math and science.

Purity of ideology is generally incorrect, regardless of what ideology one says they ascribe to. The real world is messy, nuanced, and has multiple, often conflicting, sometimes feedback based variables that are just as often related as not. Dealing with the real world requires patience, pragmatism, and sometimes bending over. No man is an island, and no scapegoated group is responsible for all societal ills. Parsing data oversimplifies real complexity and leads to false conclusions on everyone's part. The reality if illegal immigration is that there are pros and cons. The reality of immigration is that there are pros and cons. The reality of stopping immigration is that there are very little pros and very many cons, including stagnation due to lack of diversity that makes a population less resilient and less innovative and able to deal with the complexity of the real world.

Tylluan Penry
30 Mar 2017, 05:26
I would also like to point out that - believe it or not - a refugee is not an asylum seeker and is not an illegal immigrant. There are very important distinctions between the three groups.

anunitu
30 Mar 2017, 07:34
Generally a refugee is fleeing his or her country because it "Blew up" and a lot of times it is us who caused the blow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also sometimes it is that pesky climate change that has put their country under water...

monsno_leedra
30 Mar 2017, 08:17
I think part of the issue with the refugee situation here is that so many of them are using the "Change your ways for us!" In prior refugee situations conclaves were recognized and accepted and people made little what ever's but didn't expect the country to change their ways for them. Now the media or perhaps anti-media constantly pushes how they want our laws changed, holidays changed, ethics changed, etc to become acceptable to their ways. Sorry food pantries, doesn't fit our religious needs, change it. Instead of saying thank you when their are others that are in desperate straits as well.

Tylluan Penry
30 Mar 2017, 10:21
Hmm. Thought so. So, let me explain...

An asylum seeker is someone who has applied or is applying for asylum because he or she claims that to be returned to their place of origin would likely result in persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, political belief or membership of a particular social group.

A refugee however has already applied for and obtained asylum. It can sometimes also be applied to someone who applies on the grounds of fleeing war, famine, tsunami, earthquake etc.

An economic migrant is someone who legally or illegally goes to a country looking for work.

Denarius
30 Mar 2017, 10:54
The reality of stopping immigration is that there are very little pros and very many cons, including stagnation due to lack of diversity that makes a population less resilient and less innovative and able to deal with the complexity of the real world.

Is anyone saying "stop immigration?" I'm just saying maintain our borders and enforce our laws or, at the absolute hardline, repeal the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and end (or modify so as to exclude the children of illegal immigrants from benefiting from) birthright citizenship.

America developed space flight without the scope or breadth of mass immigration we are seeing now, I think we'll be fine.

Hawkfeathers
30 Mar 2017, 11:39
I found this article very on-point as to how things have gotten where they are.

http://chriskratzer.com/trump-the-middle-finger-of-conservative-evangelical-christianity/

anunitu
30 Mar 2017, 12:09
Thank you for that serious and truly concerned link Hawk.

MaskedOne
30 Mar 2017, 12:18
repeal the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 and end (or modify so as to exclude the children of illegal immigrants from benefiting from) birthright citizenship.

Err, define "birthright citizenship". I mean this seriously by the way. The way I read this line, ending birthright citizenship without a Constitutional Amendment will end in either

A. The nearest Federal Court reinstating it post haste or
B. A Constitutional crisis when election time comes around and nobody is eligible to run for president because there are no natural born citizens...

And I'm relatively sure you aren't advocating a Constitutional crisis...

Denarius
30 Mar 2017, 12:43
Err, define "birthright citizenship"

Specifically having jus soli as the standard as opposed to jus sanguinis, or less broadly something to the effect of arguments put forward here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_citizenship_in_the_United_States#Modern _dispute).

Bills have been introduced from time to time in Congress which have sought to declare American-born children of foreign nationals not to be "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States", and thus not entitled to citizenship via the 14th Amendment, unless at least one parent was an American citizen or a lawful permanent resident.

{...}

Some legislators, unsure whether such Acts of Congress would survive court challenges, have proposed that the Citizenship Clause be changed through a constitutional amendment. Senate Joint Resolution 6, introduced on January 16, 2009 in the 111th Congress, proposes such an amendment; however, neither this, nor any other proposed amendment, has yet been approved by Congress for ratification by the states.

thalassa
30 Mar 2017, 14:43
America developed space flight without the scope or breadth of mass immigration we are seeing now, I think we'll be fine.

Two words: Operation Paperclip

Also, the space race and the Cold War were major pushes for Indian immigration.

Besides, the highest rate of immigration in the US occurred at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century.

Hawkfeathers
11 Apr 2017, 11:14
Sean Spicer just said that Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons. Then of course he tried to backpedal. OMG. Happy Passover, everyone. The amount of unpreparedness in this administration is mind-boggling.

anunitu
11 Apr 2017, 11:22
Mustard gas?...or did that end with ww1..even so mention Zyklon-B????

B. de Corbin
11 Apr 2017, 14:22
Mustard gas?...or did that end with ww1..even so mention Zyklon-B????

Zyklon-B. The pathetic Spicer stated that "Even Hitler didn't use poison gas on his own people," which is historically way wrong, unless you consider the mass murder of German Jews by gas as not an attack on his own people.

'Course, The Spiceman had to walk it back... "Duh! You know what I mean! He didn't drop it from planes!"

If somebody in this administrarion were competent at speaking his/her native language these silly babelfarts would stop happening... Like when tRump stated that immigration raids would be "military operations," which OBVIOUSLY meant "with military-like precision."

Medusa
12 Apr 2017, 02:30
Looky me! I'm a press secretary!
I mean, do they even research their own job descriptions and qualifications? It's like Trump is like looky here boys, let's have a drink and get on in here and just I dunno, do stuff and press buttons.

I'm seriously terrified. I'd be ok if I hated these people because they were evil. I don't think that. I am in fear because they are effing dumber than a box of rocks. I mean. Jesus Christ. Be mean. Be evil. Be the opposite of what I agree with. Don't just be so damn stupid. It's literally terrifying.

Take a look at his cabinet. It's like he went through his rolodex and just picked people. Like seriously half of them...look....Ben Carson. He's black. Urban. Housing. Close enough. Case closed.

God damn it dumb people.

B. de Corbin
12 Apr 2017, 03:22
LOL - hey! Calm down! We live in wonderous times when the highest qualification for massively important jobs is to be completely incompetent. I'm applying for jobs as a brain surgeon, currently. I'm as unqualified as it is possible to be, so I expect to be wildly successful.

Constantine
12 Apr 2017, 04:39
My observation is that literally every president the U.S. takes on is hated by a decent portion of the population and loved by another. One cries apocalypse the other cries redeemer. Some people think it's a descent into fascism or sharia and another thinks it's an ascent into a greater America. My opinion is that this administration will come to pass with little manifested ill effect. Also this last race was a gong show and the democrats definitely used their hold on the media and their press machine to generate lots of fear and propaganda over Trump. And it became more of an issue of personalities and sensationalism than it was about the major issues. Additionally Hillary's campaign elected Trump, they generated a lot of the following for Trump by polarizing the nation with a lot of their divisive statements made towards Trump followers. Calling them deplorable etc. And she also had a criminal scandal and a lot of lies under her belt, she was absolutely no angel. Now people think they have the Anti-Christ in the white house and that they missed out on their pant-suit laden messiah. It's almost ridiculous in general in my opinion.

ThePaganMafia
12 Apr 2017, 07:24
No president is that radically different from another. Mass deportation and bombing children were modus operandi under the Obama administration. If Clinton was President, Syria would still be getting bombed. The two sided nature of U.S. politics is mostly an illusion. Both are right wing parties that serve the interests of capital and furthering U.S. influence.

"The historical unity of the ruling classes is apparent in the State"

That being said Trump is still racist human garbage.

anunitu
12 Apr 2017, 07:51
And Hillary applauded when Trump did the Rocket trick..I imagine in the future politicians will defend that they were glad at the airbase attack,and some will be saying,"I was ALWAYS against them". Kind of like the Iraq war..

- - - Updated - - -

Runs a bit like this. Back in California there was a Judge(female) that was anti death penalty. At the time she was VERY popular because at that time most of California was anti death penalty. But as we have seen, things change over time. California shifted on the Death Penalty,and became more pro death Penalty. That judge got hit hard for her anti death penalty stance,and ended up being thrown off the bench. Times change everything.

Denarius
12 Apr 2017, 15:46
When is Trump going to Tomahawk American airfields for us using chemical weapons in Syria that hurt children?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2017/02/16/the-pentagon-said-it-wouldnt-use-depleted-uranium-rounds-against-isis-months-later-it-did-5265-times/?utm_term=.036ea891987f

anunitu
12 Apr 2017, 15:53
Yes D,there is that little dark secret....But you know we never talk about those things...

Medusa
12 Apr 2017, 21:58
My observation is that literally every president the U.S. takes on is hated by a decent portion of the population and loved by another.

When a portion of your own party doesn't even like you, you have to be pretty craptastic.

Dude, manifested ill effects ARE IN ACTUAL PLAY AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

Denarius
12 Apr 2017, 22:26
I can no longer support Trump until he proves that America First is his policy, as he promised it would be. A neocon didn't win the election, so why has there been one in office for the last week?

http://redalertpolitics.com/2017/04/12/blue-wednesday-trump-flip-flops-five-major-issues-one-day/

ThePaganMafia
13 Apr 2017, 05:23
I really don't understand how you didn't expect this though lol

Are you actually surprised?

Hawkfeathers
13 Apr 2017, 08:59
Now he's dropped a super-bomb in Afghanistan.

anunitu
13 Apr 2017, 09:20
Must go check the news.

- - - Updated - - -

Must go check the news. Checked..indeed,a super bomb.

Link to the story. (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-13/pentagon-us-dropped-largest-non-nuclear-bomb-in-afghanistan)

iris
13 Apr 2017, 10:51
It's not just your country they're willing to destroy, the rest of the world isn't safe either (yea I just read the super boms thing too)... also, apparently the US accidentally killed 18 allies in an airstrike in syria. But I can't find the story in English.

ThePaganMafia
13 Apr 2017, 10:55
The Onion's take. (http://www.theonion.com/graphic/new-bomb-capable-of-creating-1500-new-terrorists-i-8778?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing)

Hawkfeathers
13 Apr 2017, 11:16
The Onion's take. (http://www.theonion.com/graphic/new-bomb-capable-of-creating-1500-new-terrorists-i-8778?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing)

Ha! I was just comparing it to bug-bombing for roaches - there are always survivors and they come back with a vengeance.

anunitu
13 Apr 2017, 11:53
I am beginning to think Trump has acquired an addiction to making things go BOOOOM!!

Denarius
13 Apr 2017, 11:55
I am beginning to think Trump has acquired an addiction to making things go BOOOOM!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7SLBB_9EM

Bartmanhomer
13 Apr 2017, 11:58
Did World War 3 started yet? :mad:

monsno_leedra
13 Apr 2017, 12:09

Perhaps but in this instance it's also where a Green Beret was killed about a week ago. So probably a lot more to it than just knee jerk response. I believe there has been some heavy fighting going on in that area. We don't know if assistance was asked for or not.

anunitu
13 Apr 2017, 12:12
Described as the Mother of all bombs..a Bunker buster...Might have been needed,or it is meant to send a message to other nations that we gonna go all medieval on them.

monsno_leedra
13 Apr 2017, 12:22
Described as the Mother of all bombs..a Bunker buster...Might have been needed,or it is meant to send a message to other nations that we gonna go all medieval on them.

Now that I do not know. One thing is for certain though it's saying he will respond with force. Force has been a deterrent for quite some time, especially when your opponent knows your willing to use it. Unfortunately, it's not to effective against a guerrilla type organization that doesn't engage in pitched battles. But then some experts still say we lost Vietnam because they didn't let us fight like the Vietcong did. The same could be said here I suppose. Part of this shows he's wiling to get dirty, just not how dirty yet.

Tylluan Penry
13 Apr 2017, 13:20
I think certain politicians have forgotten this quote from Nuremburg:

"War is essentially an evil thing. Its consequences are not confined to the belligerent states alone, but affect the whole world. To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole."

anunitu
13 Apr 2017, 14:12
Thanks for the quote Ms. P.

Bartmanhomer
17 Apr 2017, 18:20
This is my two cents and demonstration.

Donald Trump job is to make America great. His second job is to not push the War button. He falls asleep and stupidity press the War Button causing World War 3. That's how it'll go down. :mad:

Chessa
17 Apr 2017, 18:54
I have a fairly more optimistic take- Russia won't be happy about anything we're doing (not that they ever are). Trump, being the tactless expletive that he is, will mouth off, and we will enter into another cold war. This will last maybe a decade or so, but in the end, Trump finds his hands are too tiny to push the red button.

Bartmanhomer
17 Apr 2017, 19:30
I have a fairly more optimistic take- Russia won't be happy about anything we're doing (not that they ever are). Trump, being the tactless expletive that he is, will mouth off, and we will enter into another cold war. This will last maybe a decade or so, but in the end, Trump finds his hands are too tiny to push the red button.

Or how about this take. Donald Trump hold the red button slips on a banana peel and fell causing the red button hits and landed on the floor causing World War 3. It's a classic but the most stupid way to cause World War 3. :D

thalassa
18 Apr 2017, 16:18
Or how about this take. Donald Trump hold the red button slips on a banana peel and fell causing the red button hits and landed on the floor causing World War 3. It's a classic but the most stupid way to cause World War 3. :D

Luckily, there really isn't "a red button" in that sense.

B. de Corbin
18 Apr 2017, 16:29
Luckily, there really isn't "a red button" in that sense.

He'll need somebody to read him the codes, since he's illiterate. Hopefully they aren't strings of numbers with dollar signs in front of them. Those, I think, he might be able to read all by himself without a grown up present.

thalassa
18 Apr 2017, 17:08
I just want to say NEVER READ THE COMMENTS on news articles.

OMG. Wanted to shoot self this morning.

1) The Commander in Chief, regardless of whom holds the title, is not subject to the UCMJ because they are not actually in the military. In this regard, they are no different than civilian employees of the DoD.

2) A military member cannot be charged for actions against the UCMJ that they committed as a civilian prior to the military or after leaving the military unless they are a reservist (whether an active duty reservist or IRR), because they haven't "left" the military at this point.

3) A former military member might not even be able to be charged for actions against the UCMJ that they committed while in the military after they are discharged from the military, per SCOTUS decision Toth v. Quarles, with some exceptions, such as a fraudulent acts taken to secure an honorable discharge where the discharge can be demonstrated to be invalid.

4) Retirees, whether for disability, or for time in service, are still considered to be in the military and are therefore another such exception (with a lot of case law history (https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/DOCLIBS/MILITARYLAWREVIEW.NSF/0/47c2b664085060fc85256e5b00576e6e/$FILE/Volume175Davidson.pdf)). While subject to statute of limitations and the service's prosectorial discretion, retirees are subject to recall for the purposes of being charged for actions against the UCMJ while on active duty and, in some rare instances, may even be recalled for actions taken against the UCMJ after active service. (Per articles 2 and 3 of the UCMJ and DoD Directive 1352.1)

So no, the retired Army general being recalled and charged for raping a minor while on AD in the 1980s is not equivalent to Bill Clinton's rape accuse (or for that matter, Comrade Cheeto's) you dumb effing news trolls.

anunitu
18 Apr 2017, 19:38
You might have to explain just what UCMJ means to some of our members who have never been in the Service.

Heka
18 Apr 2017, 23:33
You might have to explain just what UCMJ means to some of our members who have never been in the Service.

Yeah i understood like none of it. But thats ok, im in Oz

anunitu
19 Apr 2017, 00:33
UCMJ=Universal code of Military Justice. The law for those in the military. You are subject to trial by court marshal.

monsno_leedra
19 Apr 2017, 09:12
That should be Uniform Code of Military Justice

anunitu
19 Apr 2017, 09:29
Old mind ....missed again....Sad....DJT

monsno_leedra
19 Apr 2017, 09:34
Main reason I remember is I had to be PIO (Primary Investigating Officer) more than a few times as well as being a Chief had to stand with a few Sailors at NJP.

MaskedOne
19 Apr 2017, 09:59
Yeah i understood like none of it. But thats ok, im in Oz

http://www.ucmj.us/about-the-ucmj

anunitu
19 Apr 2017, 10:20
Read through Mask's link,and was surprised that a retired Military person(Served 20-30 years) is even in retirement still subject to the UCMJ..Right at the bottom of the story.

monsno_leedra
19 Apr 2017, 10:34
That's because retirement pay is actually a retainer pay though the odd's of being recalled once you transfer to the inactive fleet rolls is highly unlikely. Yet it can be done, sort of like how the GM's (Gunner's Mates) for the battleships were asked if they wanted to come back when the BB's were re-activated. No one in the fleet had any experience with the 16 inch guns so the inactive rolls were searched and some of those men were re-activated.

Since your on a retainer your still subject to the UCMJ, one reason I was told we keep an ID card vice having mainly a VA type ID card.

anunitu
19 Apr 2017, 10:53
Did they get called up during Vietnam when the New Jersey was doing the yacht club?

monsno_leedra
19 Apr 2017, 11:15
Did they get called up during Vietnam when the New Jersey was doing the yacht club?

I heard some where called up them and then again when they came back in the late 80's. But might be the same group as I'm really not sure. I know a few other rates did get called back in during the Vietnam era and there were some rates brought in as Chief's as well because of shortages at the same time. Mostly in the Construction Battalions as far as I recall historically now though regarding the instant Chiefs and maybe Army & Navy wise with regards to Helo ops as pilots.

Denarius
19 Apr 2017, 13:10
https://sputniknews.com/business/201704191052792040-us-europe-ttip-ryan/

"Make America Great Again" “We will no longer surrender this country or its people to the false song of globalism.” - Trump, 2016

"Lol, jk." ":awesome::awesome::awesome:" - Trump, 2017

thalassa
19 Apr 2017, 14:31
That's because retirement pay is actually a retainer pay though the odd's of being recalled once you transfer to the inactive fleet rolls is highly unlikely. Yet it can be done, sort of like how the GM's (Gunner's Mates) for the battleships were asked if they wanted to come back when the BB's were re-activated. No one in the fleet had any experience with the 16 inch guns so the inactive rolls were searched and some of those men were re-activated.

Since your on a retainer your still subject to the UCMJ, one reason I was told we keep an ID card vice having mainly a VA type ID card.

The retainer pay is actually only a DoN thing (http://va.org/understanding-retainer-vs-retired/), the other branches don't have it. They retire at 20 years, their ability to be recalled is governed by specific Army instructions in the case of the Army, and I'd guess similar instructions for the Air Force.

monsno_leedra
19 Apr 2017, 15:27
The retainer pay is actually only a DoN thing (http://va.org/understanding-retainer-vs-retired/), the other branches don't have it. They retire at 20 years, their ability to be recalled is governed by specific Army instructions in the case of the Army, and I'd guess similar instructions for the Air Force.

Didn't know that about the Army and Air Force. Knew the Navy / Marine Corp did the Retainer up to 30 then retainer / retired from 30 on wards. That along with a DD form 363N certificate of Retirement when we hit 30 usually with a nice letter thanking us for our service. Have mine around somewhere recall it said I was retired but also subject to the UCMJ and under certain conditions could be recalled to active duty. Though highly unlikely, especially as I get older.

Figure if I ever get called back we'll be in a world of hurt as my job skill set would be well out of date though I guess leadership never really goes out of date. Well just the means of application, don't think how we did things would fly to well in today's Navy.

anunitu
19 Apr 2017, 16:16
Keep your bug out bag handy,these days you never know.

Heka
21 Apr 2017, 23:30
http://www.ucmj.us/about-the-ucmj

Ta. I mean relevance to me is low but interesting all the same.

thalassa
25 Apr 2017, 02:44
:mad:http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-epa-clean-power-plan-court-2017-3 (http://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-epa-clean-power-plan-court-2017-3)

anunitu
25 Apr 2017, 03:14
I know that my thoughts most likely have no legal basis,but would not causing damage to national security by curbing environmental safety fall into the area of sabotage to the security of our resources,and also increasing weather damage to our infrastructure. A pipe dream I know..but in some ways he is lessening our ability to protect ourselves because of disruptions from extreme weather?

Sean R. R.
25 Apr 2017, 04:10
Trump's priority is letting corporations breathe from certain regulations, in order to give fuel to the economy and try to enhance the market's dynamics. Bad for ecology, good for economy. Priorities.

anunitu
25 Apr 2017, 04:33
The hammer that builds can also destroy..just saying..

Hawkfeathers
25 Apr 2017, 04:34
A lead-poisoned populace is good for neither.

B. de Corbin
25 Apr 2017, 07:15
Trump's priority is letting corporations breathe from certain regulations, in order to give fuel to the economy and try to enhance the market's dynamics. Bad for ecology, good for economy. Priorities.

Short term or long term philosophy.

Why do people only think in either/or? It is possible, and highly preferable, to do both, at the same time.

But doing both isn't something humans are very good at...

Sean R. R.
25 Apr 2017, 07:35
Short term or long term philosophy.

Why do people only think in either/or? It is possible, and highly preferable, to do both, at the same time.

But doing both isn't something humans are very good at...

Because usually long-term measures are bad for short term results? It is the only logic I can think of that could go with it.

Corvus
25 Apr 2017, 13:47
This blatant criminality is truly amazing. I feel it's only a matter of time until something gets tripped up and actual charges are brought against Potus or an affiliate. I firmly believe there is treason occurring. Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me. Having grown up under the Obama administration, I had confidence in my governmental system, for all it's faults, to adapt and regulate. However, I now have much less faith. It's not just that conservative policy is often unsustainable and immoral, but that our current leader is utterly unsuited for the position.

B. de Corbin
25 Apr 2017, 14:23
Because usually long-term measures are bad for short term results? It is the only logic I can think of that could go with it.

Yeah - you want a very good crop this year? Pump the earth full of chemical fertilizer. Next year, you'll need more, plus insectacide. The year after, more of both. Eventually the soil is ruined and you can't live without the chemicals. But, content yourself with enough, use organic fertilizer, and the soil is improved each year.

The human curse is that our animal-nature looks at the short term, but our human nature forces us to look at the future.

Throw a politician into the mix and it commonly gets worse - they only have to think about the next election...

- - - Updated - - -

This blatant criminality is truly amazing. I feel it's only a matter of time until something gets tripped up and actual charges are brought against Potus or an affiliate. I firmly believe there is treason occurring. Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me. Having grown up under the Obama administration, I had confidence in my governmental system, for all it's faults, to adapt and regulate. However, I now have much less faith. It's not just that conservative policy is often unsustainable and immoral, but that our current leader is utterly unsuited for the position.

That's a popular boat to be in. I'm in the same boat, as are many others these days.

Denarius
25 Apr 2017, 15:15
Furthermore, based on the policies and orders put forth in the past few months, I know the interests of this administration are not the interests of people like me.

Same, except I'd go with weeks. It was looking real good for a while there, almost like he actually cared about his base and fulfilling campaign promises, but then it seems like he sold out. (http://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/tug_of_war_final_large_rgb-1-1024x811.jpg) Just like Obama all over again. :angst:

anunitu
25 Apr 2017, 15:18

As B. De. said...and By the way,where you been Crow? Good to see you on the forum again.

Corvus
25 Apr 2017, 18:08
As B. De. said...and By the way,where you been Crow? Good to see you on the forum again.

I was revived by my desire to see politicians eaten by crows in the town square.

Like honestly? Anyone who didn't see this coming had to be willfully ignorant. The unusual aspects of his campaign, obvious conflicts, no political experience, dubious business practices, the fact that numerous news agencies maintained (and many still maintain) daily lists of lies that he has told for the purposes of fact checking, and the list goes on. A garbage fire from the beginning that managed to convince vulnerable and/or ignorant people he was best option, principally through false information, grandstanding, classism, sexism, and xenophobia. He is a fool who seeks to exploit those who he thinks are greater fools and is in far over his head.

anunitu
25 Apr 2017, 18:34
I do fear he will spark a war,because he can not back down,or let things go. His ego controls him.

Denarius
25 Apr 2017, 19:41
he can not back down,or let things go.

He's been backing down and letting things go for a while now.

Tylluan Penry
26 Apr 2017, 01:01
Perhaps the title of this thread should be: They are eager to destroy this country.

B. de Corbin
26 Apr 2017, 01:51
Perhaps the title of this thread should be: They are eager to destroy this country.

Fortunately, we have a constitution, and people in power who are still willing to enforce it. His executive order on sanctuary cities has been shot down on the grounds that it violates 5 specific points in the constitution.

It appears that even a wannabe dictator temporarily squatting in the White House can't just use a stroke of the pen to fill the country with his urine.

anunitu
26 Apr 2017, 02:11
I really do not understand why he now seems hell bent to piss off our Friendly neighbor Canada. Is it like south park,we will all be singing this.
BLAME CANADA!!!!!

https://youtu.be/bOR38552MJA

B. de Corbin
26 Apr 2017, 02:38
I really do not understand why he now seems hell bent to piss off our Friendly neighbor Canada.

The Timber Tariff?

If somebody was attempting to create a disaster, this is the kind of stunt they'd pull.

Entirely aside from pissing off our co-country with whom we've been partners for so very long, even to the point of sharing internation defense installations, between Canada and Finland, pretty much all softwood lumber is imported to the US because they have it in huge, harvestable quantities, while we don't.

I guess that's why he wants to turn publicly held land into a corporate resource. Go see Yosemite while there are still trees...

Even where there isn't a problem, tRump goes out of his way to F'it all up.

thalassa
26 Apr 2017, 08:28
He's been backing down and letting things go for a while now.

Only things he had 0 intention of doing in the first place and just said because it made certain people buy into him. I mean, its laughable that people believed someone that has been lying and defrauding people for as long as he has. He even has admitted it, and still they bought it!

anunitu
26 Apr 2017, 08:33
The idea that a Billionaire will do anything to help the poor or those with no jobs is so stupid that most would just think he is a con man. Also so sad that those that backed him are taking the most hurt from his acts. He will say anything and the Rubes will believe him. All I can say is 4 more BEERS!!

Bartmanhomer
26 Apr 2017, 08:35
Donald Trump isn't budging at all. The congress isn't doing anything to kick him out of the office. I want him out right now! :mad:

B. de Corbin
26 Apr 2017, 09:18
The idea that a Billionaire will do anything to help the poor or those with no jobs is so stupid that most would just think he is a con man. Also so sad that those that backed him are taking the most hurt from his acts. He will say anything and the Rubes will believe him. All I can say is 4 more BEERS!!

There's a sucker born every minute - P. T. Barnum

No, they are born by the thousands every second - B. de Corbin

Chessa
26 Apr 2017, 12:28
Ah, yes, more taxes. A republican's secret guilty pleasure.

The only thing worse than the timber tarriff is the proposed "porn tax"; because porn ecourages sex trafficking and the solution is to therefore profit from it. When the government tries to put free speech behind a paywall, is it still free?

Sean R. R.
26 Apr 2017, 14:04
I am sorry if I burst anyone's bubble here, but hey, you don't always get to win the election, and hey, their decisions might not go with your plan, but if he got elected it's because people voted for him. I guess you can all safely assume that at least almost half the American population is content with his administration. Democracy is not always fair, but its the best kind of system we've gotten until now, from a people's-voice-should-be-heard point of view.

I have not read the thread, but heck, saying that an entire administration is set out to destroy its country is way too hyperbolic to my taste. It took Stalin to destroy Russia, Chavez to destroy Venezuela, Castro to destroy Cuba.

It's definitely not Trump who will be able to take down such a beast as the United States of America. Just chill, and make your voice be heard through the democratic institutions and rights present in your country.

Also if I completely missed the point of this thread, I politely ask you to forgive me, and the moderators to take down my message if needed. I don't necessarily want to debate on this, but I just felt like throwing in my two cents. My country (France) is currently facing political chaos because people are butthurt their candidate didn't win. Feels like Eurovision over here.

B. de Corbin
26 Apr 2017, 14:44
Sorry, but I'm an American. I don't have to like anything, nor do I have to sit down and shut up.

I can, and will, voice my opinion in any place where it is appropriate to do so. That, since you missed it, IS the point of this thread - to give a place for those who wish to use it - to take out our ire at an extremely unpopular, incompetent, illiterate, and inarticulate con man turned president.

If you don't like it, continue to not read it.

Bartmanhomer
26 Apr 2017, 14:52
I am sorry if I burst anyone's bubble here, but hey, you don't always get to win the election, and hey, their decisions might not go with your plan, but if he got elected it's because people voted for him. I guess you can all safely assume that at least almost half the American population is content with his administration. Democracy is not always fair, but its the best kind of system we've gotten until now, from a people's-voice-should-be-heard point of view.

I have not read the thread, but heck, saying that an entire administration is set out to destroy its country is way too hyperbolic to my taste. It took Stalin to destroy Russia, Chavez to destroy Venezuela, Castro to destroy Cuba.

It's definitely not Trump who will be able to take down such a beast as the United States of America. Just chill, and make your voice be heard through the democratic institutions and rights present in your country.

Also if I completely missed the point of this thread, I politely ask you to forgive me, and the moderators to take down my message if needed. I don't necessarily want to debate on this, but I just felt like throwing in my two cents. My country (France) is currently facing political chaos because people are butthurt their candidate didn't win. Feels like Eurovision over here.

SeanRave, I never have an issue with you or any of your post and I'm being level headed about but your comments I find it applauding. I'm sorry to say this but we have every right to voice our opinion about Trump anyway we can. I know that you're from France and I don't know how you handle your political views over there but don't be twisting your opinion telling us to deal with it. I'm saying it in a nice and calm way.

Sean R. R.
26 Apr 2017, 16:29
Does seem like I missed the point. Of course you have the right to voice your opinion, I just thought this thread was about the Trump administration litterally wanting to destroy the country. Shame on me for not reading. Resume your discussion and pardon my intervention then.

Bartmanhomer
26 Apr 2017, 16:56
USA is going downhill by the moment. It's a matter of time that Trump will lead to World War 3. I hope that the congress will kick Trump out of the office until then.

Sean R. R.
27 Apr 2017, 01:31
Congress can do that? I'm genuinely interested in knowing more.