PDA

View Full Version : NJ is going for full legal weed.

anunitu
19 Jun 2017, 18:58
Just caught this,seems when Chris Christy is gone as Governor,weed will be made LEGAL in the state of New Jersey. The news said within 6 months. I really had no idea this was in the works.

Story here (http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/06/njs_road_to_legal_marijuana_begins_here.html).

And Not medical weed,FULL all out legal. Who would have thought?

Hawkfeathers
20 Jun 2017, 04:05
I saw the tax rate they're proposing. There will still be plenty of illegal procurement going on!

anunitu
20 Jun 2017, 06:55
I also saw the tax thing. Myself might go for the edibles for pain,but the tax goes up over a period of time and ends up being 25% after about 3-5 years. That is kinda crap.

Prickly Pear
20 Jun 2017, 09:44
25%! Yoinks!

B. de Corbin
20 Jun 2017, 10:00
Still waiting for Michigan...

The tax doesn't bother me - it beats prison, it goes to (generally) a good cause, and I'm a gardener.

anunitu
20 Jun 2017, 10:44
NJ won't allow home grown,but you never know. I think they are dazzled by the prospect of the Money. greed will just fuel the black market.

Hawkfeathers
20 Jun 2017, 11:08
In the early '70s, I knew some college guys in NJ who rented an old farmhouse. They put up a fake wall with a big Spiderman mural on it, and behind it were grow-lights and lots & lots of plants. I had never seen such a thing before!

anunitu
20 Jun 2017, 11:19
How the police catch growers mainly is a huge electric bill. Some growers tapped the electric lines with no meter connection. If you were growing weed,whats another charge for stealing electricity?

Hawkfeathers
20 Jun 2017, 12:27
How the police catch growers mainly is a huge electric bill. Some growers tapped the electric lines with no meter connection. If you were growing weed,whats another charge for stealing electricity?

I've heard that. These guys didn't have a room full of plants or anything - I saw a story on tv where a whole house was converted into a greenhouse!