PDA

View Full Version : Explosive House Hearing today 7/12/18...

pillar
12 Jul 2018, 11:51
Mr. Marino it's 3:42pm now, just asked a big question, you could tell he was, um, maybe holding it together, just to get it out. When he finished he held his hands palms together, like a prayer, with fingertips by his lips.

His hands were shaking, like, very noticably, he then while the fbi agent began his answer, took a hand and pushed down his microphone, basicaly showing he was not going to interupt, or ask anything else. He just wanted an answer. It was so powerfull as every other member on the majority side were just interupting the agent and badgering him since this morning.

It seems that maybe there still those willing to buck their party. I'm sure that many more things from this hearing will make the national evening news, but they won't have time to get to this.

B. de Corbin
12 Jul 2018, 12:08
It would be nice to know that not all Republicans have gone over to the dark side, but I don't have the time or energy to sort out who did and who didn't so I'm straight Democrat in all elections until the world regains sanity. Let gob sort 'em out.

Great TV drama, though.

anunitu
12 Jul 2018, 13:05
so we have the curse of living in interesting times it seems. I had kind of hoped that by this time,things would have settled down to something more humane and positive.

B. de Corbin
12 Jul 2018, 13:39
so we have the curse of living in interesting times it seems. I had kind of hoped that by this time,things would have settled down to something more humane and positive.

Yeah. Tell that to Hitler.

MaskedOne
12 Jul 2018, 13:59
It would be nice to know that not all Republicans have gone over to the dark side, but I don't have the time or energy to sort out who did and who didn't so I'm straight Democrat in all elections until the world regains sanity. Let gob sort 'em out.

Great TV drama, though.

There are basically two easy tells that a Republican may not be corrupt.

A. They are currently working in the DOJ
B. They abandoned their party recently and should be known as former Republicans

Meh, I'll add

C. Some Republican judges

There are two key points to note here
1) None of these are certainties. They just raise the odds of integrity from almost nil to roughly on par with the rest of the world
2) None of these involve elections

Even the more ethical GOP senators are mostly just talking instead of acting. At any point, three of Trump's critics in the Senate could have massively increased the pressure by walking over to Chuck Schumer and asking, "How much do you want to be the Senate Majority leader by close of business tomorrow?" They don't even have to help him pass legislation. Simply defecting to the DNC switches all the Committee Chairs and means that Senate Committees will start compelling testimony. Now to be fair, Burr hasn't done nearly as poorly as he could while chairing Senate Intel. His Committee hasn't fallen apart and has produced what is credited as a relatively bipartisan report on at least part of what occurred in 2016. Given the failures and cluster****s that have come from the other three Congressional committees involved in this, I'm willing to credit him for actually doing his ****ing job. However, meeting the minimum required performance of his position is not enough to make up for the collossal failures of the rest of the GOP members of Congress. The fact that Burr's conduct to date actually merits praise by comparison to the rest of the GOP congresscritters means that bar is unnacceptably low.