PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ some people are now saying he was vampire

Austin.Apollo
09 Feb 2019, 12:44
I watched a documentary about vampires and it was comparing Christ to a vampire. He spoke of granting immortality, drinking blood, being born again. He came back to life after being killed. Does anyone know anything about this theory? I find it very interesting and would like to read more about it. It reminds me of something a local preacher said that during the new testament days people called the christians cannibals because of eating the flesh and drinking the blood. Now theyre calling them vampires. I do not mean to offend anyone with this sorry if I did. I just find it intriguing and would like to read about it if anyone knows of any reading materials

Bartmanhomer
09 Feb 2019, 13:20
I watched a documentary about vampires and it was comparing Christ to a vampire. He spoke of granting immortality, drinking blood, being born again. He came back to life after being killed. Does anyone know anything about this theory? I find it very interesting and would like to read more about it. It reminds me of something a local preacher said that during the new testament days people called the Christians cannibals because of eating the flesh and drinking the blood. Now they're calling them vampires. I do not mean to offend anyone with this sorry if I did. I just find it intriguing and would like to read about it if anyone knows of any reading materials

What's the name of the documentary did you watch anyway?

iris
09 Feb 2019, 13:32
Oooh I remember encountering that story. Although more common is the myth that Judas was the first vampire (quite possibly stemming from a work of fiction. Anne rice maybe? But I'm not sure there.)
There are always interesting theories if you decide to delve. Vampirism is a whole pagan branch of its own, but one you might find a lot less exciting than it sounds :)
Anyway. What was the documentary? I've encountered this theory before, but mostly from pretty unreliable and imaginative sources.

anunitu
09 Feb 2019, 14:46
i like the Magdalene story better as the holy grail who had Jesus baby

Bartmanhomer
09 Feb 2019, 14:54
I remember there was Zombie Jesus which happens to be a meme by the way.

MaskedOne
09 Feb 2019, 16:26
I think there's a willful desire by a sizable minority of people to actively confuse ressurection spells and create undead spells. As a general rule, outside of Twilight, undeath generally comes with pointed disadvantages that Christ never (to my knowledge) suffered from.

Austin.Apollo
09 Feb 2019, 16:36
What's the name of the documentary did you watch anyway?

I think it was an episode of destination unknown on discovery. Discovery channel.