PDA

View Full Version : QDJ (Year of the Piggly Wiggly)

Juniper
06 Mar 2019, 19:58
What do you love about yourself?

Sean R. R.
07 Mar 2019, 04:32

What is there not to love about me? ;)

iris
07 Mar 2019, 05:12

My creativity and drive. And my eyes ^^ I have emerald green eyes and I love them.

kalynraye
07 Mar 2019, 08:06

My drive. While being a realist I have an optimistic outlook that can't be crushed. I hardly ever give up on something, and when things get hard I push harder and find a way.

anunitu
07 Mar 2019, 14:18
these days nothing at all,i am a smoking wreak crash and burning

faye_cat
07 Mar 2019, 17:01
I am clever, resourceful, and kind. Physically, I like my hair.

anubisa
07 Mar 2019, 17:38
I love the fact that I am a creative person and intelligent. I also like my curly hair which I inherited from my mom.

volcaniclastic
07 Mar 2019, 18:37

Ooh, hard question. My instinct is to say nothing, but I'm trying to learn not to listen to that voice in my head.

I like my freckles, and my drive to see the world at full-tilt.

Juniper
07 Mar 2019, 23:43

I love that I get along with many different types of people. Not everyone, but a lot.

Eleanor
09 Mar 2019, 00:21
Ooh, hard question. My instinct is to say nothing, but I'm trying to learn not to listen to that voice in my head.

I like my freckles, and my drive to see the world at full-tilt.
That voice used to be in my head as well. It still is, but I've learned to silence it.

I like that I'm intelligent and I have a positive mindset, which has helped me create a good life.
Physically I like my long hair and my body as well.

Juniper
09 Mar 2019, 02:10
Aside from the usual suspects (Keys, Wallet, Phone), do you have one thing you cannot leave home without?

iris
09 Mar 2019, 02:35
Aside from the usual suspects (Keys, Wallet, Phone), do you have one thing you cannot leave home without?

Hm... if I'm going out for more than 10 minutes, I always have food and water. It helps me.when I feel anxiety sneaking in. I also almost always have business cards on me. You never know when you could use them.

Shahaku
09 Mar 2019, 06:19

I have an elephant figurine I keep in my car from my grandma. I have a good chunk of her collection actually, since my mom gave them to me midmove one of the times she moved. But one of them is always in my car for luck.

Austin.Apollo
09 Mar 2019, 07:10
what is QDJ ?

volcaniclastic
09 Mar 2019, 13:28

I don't have a good answer to this, as I often forget my keys, wallet, phone haha.

- - - Updated - - -

what is QDJ ?

Question du Jour

Juniper
09 Mar 2019, 15:55
what is QDJ ?

Question du Jour

What V said. I ask a random question (in purple) and you guys can answer if you feel so inclined. We used to have another member that headed this up but she's been absent for a little while. I wanted to bring it back. :)

Sean R. R.
09 Mar 2019, 19:00

Honestly, nothing else! I don't even have a wallet, I just carry my debit card, money and ID on my back pocket. Just like that. Got my keys and my phone as well.

Sollomyn
09 Mar 2019, 22:48

Fascinating thread! :)

I honestly love pretty much everything about myself; I suppose the highlights would be my intelligence and ability levels despite, (probably), growing up with a neurological developmental disorder called Autism Spectrum Disorder, likely because my mother was a raving alcoholic during her pregnancy with me, causing me to almost die upon birth; I love that most of my life has consisted of a long, horrific series of events, with only very brief moments of peace and happiness, which would be gone in an instant; violent alcoholic father, dysfunctional family life, childhood criminal record, years of institutionalization and abuse; the list goes on, but despite everything that's happened....I've turned out really, really good, and I honestly don't think I would change a single thing if I were able to go back in time, and give myself a much happier childhood than what fate had in store for me...I think it's made me a much stronger, and sensitive person, mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

...I think I'm going to change the world somehow. ...I just love that. :o

I also love all my little, weird eccentricities. :cool:

My gun; people scare the crap outta me haha. :D

I also take with me my pocket knife, karambit knife, tactical flashlight, leatherman, and a BIC lighter. Also, I usually carry a shoulder bag with some nameless items in it, and a backpack in the vehicle with some...other stuff. :p

I also carry a wallet, keychain, and smartphone of course; love the GPS feature, and Siri's just a hoot. :XD laugh:

PS: What does "Year of the Piggly Wiggly" mean? :confused:

--Sollomyn

Juniper
10 Mar 2019, 01:10
It doesn't mean anything. Just fun.

Sollomyn
10 Mar 2019, 01:43
It doesn't mean anything. Just fun.

Ah, haha; cool. :)

faye_cat
10 Mar 2019, 13:32
Aside from the usual suspects (Keys, Wallet, Phone), do you have one thing you cannot leave home without? Does ponytail holder work? I always keep one on my wrist, even if I have my hair up already. I've gotten out of so many jams with that ponytail holder--it once even held someone's pants together when the button broke off.

Hawkfeathers
10 Mar 2019, 13:40
I keep a safety pin in my wallet. Never know when a bra strap will go rogue!

Oshii
10 Mar 2019, 18:20

I try not to carry too much on purpose, but I like to have mints on me at all times. And during the cold months, chap-stick.

kalynraye
10 Mar 2019, 18:37

I have a small bag that has a few stones that I can't leave home without. Malachite, amethyst, tourmaline, snowflake obsidian, each one has a purpose for me.

Austin.Apollo
15 Mar 2019, 04:20
Permission

Juniper
15 Mar 2019, 05:47
What's your favorite time of day?

volcaniclastic
15 Mar 2019, 06:07

Unpopular opinion here in the 21st century, but...

The grey of dawn, before the world has awoken, and the first blush of the day is visible on the horizon.

I'm one of those dreaded morning people.

kalynraye
15 Mar 2019, 06:13

I used to be a night owl, and would say around midnight but I hardly stay up past 10:30 any more. But I've always had a fascination for dusk.

Sollomyn
15 Mar 2019, 06:23

Night time for sure; I have really sensitive hearing; whenever I'm awake I'm pretty much bombardered by a wall of noise. At night time though, the whole world seems to go almost silent; calm, quiet and slow. It's always the most peaceful time of day for me; probably why I'm an insomniac. :sick:

Austin.Apollo
15 Mar 2019, 06:26
happy hour of course when is yours coming

iris
15 Mar 2019, 06:43

Hm... around sunset probably, and right after wen it starts getting dark and you can feel the chill in the air creeping in.

Hawkfeathers
15 Mar 2019, 07:05
Unpopular opinion here in the 21st century, but...

The grey of dawn, before the world has awoken, and the first blush of the day is visible on the horizon.

I'm one of those dreaded morning people.

Me, too! Maybe it's part of my bird loving nature.

Sean R. R.
15 Mar 2019, 07:49

Eating time!

Seriously, being a OMADer (One Meal A Day) has clear benefits, but that one meal is like, OH GOD SATAN YES.

MaskedOne
15 Mar 2019, 09:06

It varies, mostly whenever I don't have many people to deal with.

Eleanor
15 Mar 2019, 11:13
I'm a morning person as well. I like the silence and only the sound of birds singing.

Juniper
15 Mar 2019, 13:10

I like 1-4am range but only when I haven't been to bed yet. I hate waking up and that usually happens in the morning, which is why I fall into the "not a morning person" category but in reality I am just a "don't wanna wake" person.

Shahaku
15 Mar 2019, 16:36

I'm rather fond of the 10-midnight time frame. It's usually quite by then, and I can enjoy a good book for a little bit.

anunitu
15 Mar 2019, 20:02
not when i wake up at 2am and can't get back to sleep,but best is after i do sleep and wake after 12 noon

anubisa
15 Mar 2019, 21:18

Nighttime. After work.

faye_cat
16 Mar 2019, 09:13
What's your favorite time of day? I love Sunset and Sunrise. Literally, those moments right when the sun is transitioning and the world is caught in the beauty (not to be overly cheesy).

Juniper
16 Mar 2019, 12:03
Grocery shopping: Are you a list person or do you wing it?

Juniper
16 Mar 2019, 12:03

I'm bad at lists unless I'm getting things for a specific recipe. I usually wing it and get home and say to myself "damn it, I forgot this one thing that I made the whole trip for" and tell myself I will start making a list. Never happens.

iris
16 Mar 2019, 12:42

Most of what I need is habit, so I wing it. If I need something out of the usual I write it in my phone... and forget to check because I don't usually do that :p

volcaniclastic
16 Mar 2019, 13:07

Meticulous lists, otherwise I'll just buy olives and ice cream and forget what I came there for.

I have to do my whole life in lists or I accomplish nothing. Meal plan list, Books to read list, chores list, etc.

ThorsSon
16 Mar 2019, 13:42

yes.
much like my cooking:
when I cook, I often look at a recipe, put the recipe away, get out the ingredients that I think should go into it, and a few that might go well in the dish... then I wing it.

I kinda shop the same way. I have a list of things I need, and then I walk every single isle looking for ideas.

kalynraye
16 Mar 2019, 17:13

I love lists!!! I love writing lists and plans. Its one of my favorite things to do is write out lists. I have a book just for different lists.

Sollomyn
16 Mar 2019, 17:27
Meticulous lists, otherwise I'll just buy olives and ice cream and forget what I came there for.

I have to do my whole life in lists or I accomplish nothing. Meal plan list, Books to read list, chores list, etc.

I'm the exact same way; training lists, equipment lists, food lists, work lists, game lists, movie lists, series lists; I had a list of my lists at one point haha. Mom thinks I have OCD, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

anubisa
16 Mar 2019, 17:41

My key hook (the kind you see backpackers wear, don't know if that is what you call it). It contains not only my keys, but my key chains and other junk, like rewards cards. It's much easier to access than digging in my purse for keys and getting in the wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm both. If I have the time I will write a list. If I don't and I have to go then and there I will just wing it.

faye_cat
16 Mar 2019, 19:58
Grocery shopping: Are you a list person or do you wing it? Usually I have to have a list. There is so much going on usually that I can't remember everything all my kids and spouse needs, but I do sometimes have a general idea and just wing it. But I try to go once a week and get everything we need.

Sollomyn
16 Mar 2019, 20:54
(the kind you see backpackers wear, don't know if that is what you call it).

A carabiner?

Eleanor
17 Mar 2019, 01:49
I love lists! I like to cross out what is done. Makes me feel like I actually accomplished something that day XD
I buy more or less the same groceries every week, but I do make a list, just so I don't forget that one thing.

Juniper
17 Mar 2019, 11:58
What would you rather be doing right now?

ThorsSon
17 Mar 2019, 12:17

building with LEGO... can't wait until the Donkey and I can share that hobby.

the same with bicycling... but that is much further out...

anubisa
17 Mar 2019, 15:21

Going back to school, but I have to wait till Fall.

Sollomyn
17 Mar 2019, 16:42

Being free.

Shahaku
17 Mar 2019, 19:37

Sleeping. Taking a bath. Etc.

I'm a list person. Like, I break my list down into which section of the store things are in type of list person. I can totally wing it if I need to, but I prefer a list. And I have a minimum for staples like chickpeas (which get turned into hummus), black beans, various canned tomato products, etc. on our shelf at any given time, so I fill to those minimums every two weeks. I've got a system.

faye_cat
17 Mar 2019, 19:58
What would you rather be doing right now? Writing, or going out to enjoy nice weather with some good company and a camera.

thalassa
26 Mar 2019, 16:55

Sleeping....I'm tired in the brain, but not the reat of the body

Juniper
26 Mar 2019, 19:05
Which animal would you like to be able to turn into?

Sollomyn
26 Mar 2019, 19:18

A bird. That flies.

faye_cat
26 Mar 2019, 19:35
Which animal would you like to be able to turn into? A fox might be good, or a cat.

Hawkfeathers
26 Mar 2019, 19:46
A hawk or eagle.

iris
27 Mar 2019, 03:16

A crow probably :p I love them. And flying would be handy.

Sollomyn
27 Mar 2019, 03:41
And flying would be handy.

That's what attracts me most to being a bird as well haha. It's like a pure symbol of thrilling freedom in it's rawest form; able to be your own roller-coaster and go skydiving whenever you want, then escape any and all threats that stand in your way haha. That's the dream. :cool:

B. de Corbin
27 Mar 2019, 04:44

Short term? A cat would be jolly.

Long term? A real human.

Sollomyn
27 Mar 2019, 05:09
Long term? A real human.

Interesting! What's a real human? :confused:

Shahaku
27 Mar 2019, 16:33

A panther sounds nice

anubisa
28 Mar 2019, 17:51

A wolf. Just because I feel such a closeness to them.

Juniper
28 Mar 2019, 19:23
If you could choose to have any useless super power, what would you pick?

Sollomyn
28 Mar 2019, 19:57

The power to turn into a shopping cart, but only when no one is watching or recording.

volcaniclastic
29 Mar 2019, 05:58

Useful: learn any language

Useless: definitely the ability to speak in rhyme on command. I wanna walk around like dr Seuss.

B. de Corbin
29 Mar 2019, 06:04

To make my hands not smell like onion after cooking.

iris
29 Mar 2019, 06:52

Hmm. I already have the ability to speak in rhyme on command xD good one though.

The ability to always know where the nearest dog is (Hey. I like petting dogs)

Juniper
29 Mar 2019, 08:32
Hmm. I already have the ability to speak in rhyme on command xD good one though.

The ability to always know where the nearest dog is (Hey. I like petting dogs)

O.O that would be the coolest!!! I love me some puppy loves too.

Oshii
29 Mar 2019, 11:22

i'd like to have a super power of never getting a wedgie, ever.

faye_cat
29 Mar 2019, 18:32
If you could choose to have any useless super power, what would you pick? The ability to mimick car alarms. (useless? Yes. until I'm ready to annoy someone.)

anubisa
29 Mar 2019, 19:48

To transform into a stop light. People are just too idiotic with stop lights nowadays.

Eleanor
30 Mar 2019, 03:06
The ability to light all the candles in my living room at once. There's 5 tealights, so it's like 22 seconds of work. But still, 22 seconds won!

Juniper
17 Apr 2019, 15:03
What's the most impressive thing you know how to do?
(Sorry I got real busy with work and forgot to update)

anubisa
17 Apr 2019, 16:22

I guess writing is one of the most impressive things that I know how to do. I like writing stories a lot.

faye_cat
17 Apr 2019, 17:17
Be a good friend? idk.

Maybe something photography wise.

iris
17 Apr 2019, 18:26

Ehm... hypnotize maybe? Making people think I'm invisible, forgetting their own names, temporary memory wipes. That kind of thing. That's kind of cool. I can also throw, spin and catch a full deck of cards without dropping any.

Shahaku
18 Apr 2019, 06:45

Embalming?

Juniper
03 May 2019, 10:37
What's a talent or skill you've always wanted to learn?

iris
03 May 2019, 11:18

I've always wanted to play the piano and violin. But while I'm a decent singer I've never had the patience to learn an instrument well.

faye_cat
03 May 2019, 13:31
What's a talent or skill you've always wanted to learn? I would love to play a musical instrument, like the violin, but I also always wanted to do woodworking.

anubisa
07 May 2019, 20:47

Figure skating. I think it is one of the most beautiful sports ever.

Juniper
08 May 2019, 21:06
If you could have breakfast, lunch or dinner with any dead or fictional character(s), who would you choose? (up to 5, and doesn't have to be at the same time but they can't be currently living)

MaskedOne
08 May 2019, 21:30
If you could have breakfast, lunch or dinner with any dead or fictional character(s), who would you choose? (up to 5, and doesn't have to be at the same time but they can't be currently living)

Mandatory Jedi Dinosaur (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Thon)

Canaris (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Canaris)

I'm sort of iffy about Zarathustra and Christ but at the moment they can take 3 and 4 respectively. I don't know about 5 right now.

iris
09 May 2019, 04:51

Hm. Jareth the Goblin king (labyrinth), Shakespeare, W. B. Yeats, Elizabeth Bennet (pride and predjudice) and Bast (kingkiller chronicle).

volcaniclastic
09 May 2019, 12:07

Huh, I really had to think about this one.

1. Ernest Hemmingway and I would have been the best of brunch friends.
2. Phedre no Delaunay, but if I'm honest, eating a meal with her wouldn't have exactly been my angle...
3. I definitely want to eat a feast with Ragnar Lothbrok.
4. Tom Bombadil. That guy doesn't get enough credit.
5. Vincent Van Gogh.

faye_cat
09 May 2019, 13:43
Leia Organa
Eliot Waugh
Mary Shelley
Chester Bennington

anubisa
09 May 2019, 18:07

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Anthony Bourdain
3. Michael Jackson
4. Uncle Tom
5. Julius Caesar

MaskedOne
09 May 2019, 18:19
Leia Organa
Eliot Waugh
Mary Shelley
Chester Bennington

Legends Leia (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Leia_Organa_Solo), Canon Leia or both?

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Anthony Bourdain
3. Michael Jackson
4. Uncle Tom
5. Julius Caesar

Same question as above but with Legends Luke (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends) vs canon Luke

thalassa
10 May 2019, 05:46
Huh, I really had to think about this one.
2. Phedre no Delaunay, but if I'm honest, eating a meal with her wouldn't have exactly been my angle...
4. Tom Bombadil. That guy doesn't get enough credit.
5. Vincent Van Gogh.

<3 this!

Ummm...

Eugenie Clark (she might actually still be alive...so....I guess she might not count)
My grandfather
Surreal SaDiablo, from Anne Bishop's Black Jewels books
Cynethryth, Queen of Mercia
interesting Klingons

kalynraye
10 May 2019, 06:21

Julia Child, Robin Williams, Anthony Bourdain, Elizabeth I, Vincent Van Gogh

I could only come up with four. This was a really tough one.

Shahaku
10 May 2019, 06:48
<3 this!

Ummm...

Eugenie Clark (she might actually still be alive...so....I guess she might not count)
My grandfather
Surreal SaDiablo, from Anne Bishop's Black Jewels books
Cynethryth, Queen of Mercia
interesting Klingons

Surreal would definitely make my cut. And Ladvarian.

And Hyancinthe, post Master of the Straights, from the Kushiel series.

Merlin

Siddhartha

Bartmanhomer
10 May 2019, 10:02
Does Fan-Fiction characters count? 1. Mikey Dangerously. 2. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 3. Homer Simpson. 4. Peter Griffin. 5. Bob Belcher.

Medusa
02 Aug 2019, 20:35
(mind if I pick this back up?)
*tries to read minds.

Name something you like about a religion/belief system that's different than your own.

anunitu
02 Aug 2019, 20:39
*tries to read minds.

Name something you like about a religion/belief system that's different than your own.

sufi and trance states dervish and the whole dance trance deal

MaskedOne
02 Aug 2019, 21:12
*tries to read minds.

Catholic architecture... seriously, the RCC has had some pretty cool churches built over the year.

Certain pieces of Orthodox theology amuse me. Specifically Heaven and Hell are the same exact place, the only real difference is your relationship with LoH and therefore how you experience it. I always found this twist on Christian cosmology entertaining.

Heathenry has Heimdall. A number of Heathen Powers irritate me on a good day but I like Heimdall.

Romans, a stroke of good fortune helped out my family years ago after a request made to Pluto in his capacity as Lord of Riches under the Earth. By virtue of that particular course of events, Pluto gets the occasional good word and Roman beliefs get kudos because Pluto is part of them.

Hellenic, if you think Pluto = Hades then see above. Otherwise, hmm, some of the mythos is pretty entertaining.

Hmm, I'm stopping now.

Juniper
02 Aug 2019, 21:16
Sure. I sucked at being consistent with this anyway.

Rick
02 Aug 2019, 21:58
*tries to read minds.

Flying Spaghetti Monster, cuz, you know, spaghetti...

anunitu
02 Aug 2019, 23:46
Church of the SubGenius PRAISE BOB DOBBS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius)

- - - Updated - - -

The wonderful BOB DOBBS

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Bobdobbs.png

volcaniclastic
03 Aug 2019, 08:08
*tries to read minds.

I really like the concept of Lent, Ramadan, etc. The act of sacrifice.

iris
03 Aug 2019, 11:43
*tries to read minds.

yay :D

hm... I like a lot of the christian mythology as stories. Read the book of mormon once, I was well entertained.

anunitu
03 Aug 2019, 14:08
i have read the book of enoch,part of the so called banned old books. there is a name for them but i do not recall it right now?

- - - Updated - - -

ok found the name. biblical apocrypha

MaskedOne
03 Aug 2019, 15:57
The apocrypha weren't actually banned. Pieces of them have been showing up in various bibles for quite some time. They just are considered lesser canon in many cases (enter long Prodestant vs Catholic vs other Prodestant debate now) Now the Book of Enoch may have been banned or it may have fallen in with the actual apocrypha, I don't know which books are included in the apocrypha off the top of my head.

anunitu
03 Aug 2019, 16:10
I would guess you would have such knowledge MASK

Medusa
03 Aug 2019, 18:43
My answer: Obviously from what I learned from Islam: The way women have rights to their own name and properties. And their court rights as well.
Norse gods. I mean, come on. They get to be bad ass and do all the fun things!
Christianity. Because they get the actual Devil. And in my belief system there is no such being.
*fangirls over Lucifer MorningStar.

Shahaku
04 Aug 2019, 07:42
I like the idea of monasteries. If there was any one thing I would steal from another faith, it's the communal monasteries / monastic traditions. I really wish we had something similar for us pagans.

anunitu
04 Aug 2019, 08:38
yes like an ashram

Juniper
04 Aug 2019, 12:26
Just a quick side note. I having difficulty reading the blue text on the dark theme. Could you use something different next time, please?

Medusa
04 Aug 2019, 18:31
Just a quick side note. I having difficulty reading the blue text on the dark theme. Could you use something different next time, please?

Lol girl, it's purple!!!

What, if any, dissatisfaction(s) do you have with your religion?

Bartmanhomer
04 Aug 2019, 18:34
Lol girl, it's purple!!!

The fundamental part.

Sean R. R.
04 Aug 2019, 18:38
Lol girl, it's purple!!!

I was promised being able to cast fireballs out of my hands and hang out with succubi.

Turns out it's not happening.

volcaniclastic
04 Aug 2019, 19:15
Lol girl, it's purple!!!

Ooh, good question. I really dislike how we as pagans are perceived in the public eye. I can't be straightforward about my beliefs without my friends or strangers or anyone kinda just bluffing me off, like oh, you believe that?? *snirk*.

I wish I could live more openly as a pagan and be more honest about my beliefs with the rest of the world. Nobody questions when Catholics don't want to use condoms, or Jews get their bits mutilated at birth, but like, I believe in manifest destiny and suddenly I'M the weirdo?

That's my main grief. Also, fluffy bunnies who ruin it for the rest of us.

MaskedOne
04 Aug 2019, 19:21
Ooh, good question. I really dislike how we as pagans are perceived in the public eye. I can't be straightforward about my beliefs without my friends or strangers or anyone kinda just bluffing me off, like oh, you believe that?? *snirk*.

I wish I could live more openly as a pagan and be more honest about my beliefs with the rest of the world. Nobody questions when Catholics don't want to use condoms, or Jews get their bits mutilated at birth, but like, I believe in manifest destiny and suddenly I'M the weirdo?

That's my main grief. Also, fluffy bunnies who ruin it for the rest of us.

I still deal with fluffy bunnies so rarely that I'd accuse them of being myths if it weren't for horror stories about them from multiple other people...

Anyway, pretending that Jedi is my actual religion. The fact that we fail so epically at explaining our philosophies that people think the Jedi Order is trying to produce pale imitations of Vulcans. This is even better because Vulcans don't get a third of the crap that's thrown at the Jedi when the Jedi are a lot looser about emotions than Vulcans.

Bartmanhomer
04 Aug 2019, 19:31
I still deal with fluffy bunnies so rarely that I'd accuse them of being myths if it weren't for horror stories about them from multiple other people...

Anyway, pretending that Jedi is my actual religion. The fact that we fail so epically at explaining our philosophies that people think the Jedi Order is trying to produce pale imitations of Vulcans. This is even better because Vulcans don't get a third of the crap that's thrown at the Jedi when the Jedi are a lot looser about emotions than Vulcans.

Is Jedi a real religion? I thought it was a fictional religion that was made by Star Wars fans. :)

Juniper
04 Aug 2019, 20:35
Lol girl, it's purple!!!

The same blue as links. Or at least on the theme i'm using that's what it looks like.

This is what it looked like to me.

anunitu
04 Aug 2019, 20:49
I am with vol in misperceptions on non pagans part

iris
05 Aug 2019, 02:31
Lol girl, it's purple!!!

Well I basically pick and choose what I want so I'm pretty happy. But the one I mean closest to, asatru, is too often misused by neo Nazi groups. That's not the religions fault, that's the idiots doing it, and the various Blotlaug's are very clear they want nothing to do with that. Still. I wish it wasn't so closely connected to racism in the public eye

Medusa
05 Aug 2019, 21:17
When was the last time you disappointed yourself?

anunitu
05 Aug 2019, 23:44
just a few days ago by not being stronger when i know i can be much stronger

Shahaku
06 Aug 2019, 06:37

Being eclectic I kind of pull where I want. I'd say my biggest disappointment is how hard you have to work to find what's just right for you. I thought that would be the easy part. But I understand that it's a process.

Medusa
08 Aug 2019, 13:53
Do you believe in extraterrestrials?

volcaniclastic
08 Aug 2019, 14:01

I don't believe in green squiggly creatures from outer space, but I have a hard time fathoming that we are the only complex multi-celled creatures in the universe.

MaskedOne
08 Aug 2019, 14:02

Horror answer: Sure, I've snacked on enough of them.

Meatsack answer:

I find it unlikely that we are the only intelligent (for a given value of the word) life in a rather large universe. I also find it unlikely that ET is running around making crop circles and conducting anal probes for maximum troll points.

Rhythm
08 Aug 2019, 14:28
I don’t. It’s worth noting that -we- may not exist to be someone else’s extraterrestrials for much longer. If this thing goes pear shaped, we’ll have blipped in and out of existence in roughly zero cosmic time. Combine the amounts of those discrete units ( and their possible temporal distance) with the vast spatial difference.....and it wouldn’t be entirely surprising to find that there was never a time when one candidate et lifeform existed contemporaneously with another, or....that if they did, they would ever meet.

The universe may be teeming with life over cosmic time, and still be void at any given moment. Ships never passing in an endless night, lol.

Shahaku
08 Aug 2019, 15:18

Yes. From a completely logical standpoint, I can't believe that in all the vastness that exists out there, there isn't some for of life. From a personal standpoint I've heard enough stories and had one particularly weird experience with the night sky that have me believing there's something more.

anunitu
08 Aug 2019, 15:52
the odds of us being the only intelligent life in the vast range of space and even time seems unlikely.

Rick
08 Aug 2019, 17:05

Sure...

Sort of...

Maybe...

Not really...

I dunno...

Bartmanhomer
08 Aug 2019, 17:41

Yes. Most definitely. :D

anubisa
08 Aug 2019, 20:43

I don't know for certain. However, I don't think we are alone in this great universe.

anunitu
08 Aug 2019, 22:36
well this just might tell us?

https://youtu.be/rMdC45S79uQ

iris
09 Aug 2019, 07:21

Maybe? I mean... the universe is vast, and we're tiny. There's probably something somewhere. I don't think we're *that* special.

B. de Corbin
09 Aug 2019, 07:28
Currently, tha answer is "YES!"

Luna is now The Planet of the Lost Tardigrades:

Thousands of Tardigrades Stranded on the Moon After Lunar Lander Crash (https://www.livescience.com/66109-tardigrades-moon-israeli-lander.html)

Rhythm
09 Aug 2019, 10:37
Lol, awesome. I hope they did (survive).

Prickly Pear
09 Aug 2019, 12:49
Tardigrades are amazing. I am somewhat concerned about what happens if they survive though. We humans have a way of ruining things by introducing enormous changes through experiment or accident or sometimes just plain avarice.

It seems unlikely they survived, but they are tough little things. They don't really have any life-based ecosystem to ruin, as far as we know.

Medusa
10 Aug 2019, 23:36
What was your favorite snack as a kid?

iris
11 Aug 2019, 01:03

I'm... I remember always making pasta with ketchup for myself as an after school snack. But before I learned that either knobbers (which is a kind of biscuit/waffle thing with hazelnut cream) or mælkesnitte (thin slices of chocolate cake around a thick layer of some kind of cream).

Shahaku
11 Aug 2019, 05:12

Toast with butter and peanut butter. Or butter and cinnamon sugar.

volcaniclastic
11 Aug 2019, 05:47
Dunkaroos!

Hawkfeathers
11 Aug 2019, 06:18

Yes, 100%.

Same as today: Cheese!

anunitu
11 Aug 2019, 07:47
fresh buttered toast with cheese

Rick
11 Aug 2019, 10:45

Cheese sandwich, with mustard

ice
11 Aug 2019, 13:55
I love that I'm bubbly and caring. Helps quite a bit in my job, so extra bonus.

Rhythm
11 Aug 2019, 22:48
Ditch pears and loquats.

anubisa
12 Aug 2019, 21:22

To be honest, I can't remember. I know I did love cheese...and still do. But I really can't remember.

Medusa
13 Aug 2019, 01:17
What small thing annoys you?

anunitu
13 Aug 2019, 03:25
what do you mean by small? size wise or small as in an issue? like minor?

Rick
13 Aug 2019, 15:28

Supervisors and leads from other departments giving me orders. Like, no, you ain't in my food chain.

anubisa
13 Aug 2019, 19:31

People who are rude, like burping and such, and do not say excuse me.

Medusa
13 Aug 2019, 19:47

Same from since I was a child: People who smack and pop their gum. I will literally stop talking and just watch you.
I also hate when I'm at the register and the customer is having a full on conversation on their cell phone.

And by far the worst is when I walk past a door knob or any hook within a mile...my hips will find it and my belt loop will attach itself like velcro.

MaskedOne
13 Aug 2019, 20:32

Traffic.

And by far the worst is when I walk past a door knob or any hook within a mile...my hips will find it and my belt loop will attach itself like velcro.

I can't think of a time I got a belt loop caught but having a walky-talky torn off your side because the cable for the ear piece got caught on something is a joy that gets really old very fast.

Hawkfeathers
14 Aug 2019, 10:13

One of the neighborhood dogs. Actually, two of them - they're both small LOL

anunitu
14 Aug 2019, 16:35
having someone you do not know well getting all touchy on you

Shahaku
14 Aug 2019, 17:29

Having the TV on at night.

Juniper
14 Aug 2019, 18:04

I'm not sure if this is a small thing or not, but people not pulling their damn weight at work really irritates me.

Medusa
14 Aug 2019, 20:39
Traffic.

I can't think of a time I got a belt loop caught but having a walky-talky torn off your side because the cable for the ear piece got caught on something is a joy that gets really old very fast.

OMG. I wear walki talkies at work (we are like the Gap of the tool stores!). Every one of the gals at work get it caught on the plastic bag dispenser. It's soo annoying. It's like being pulled on a leash!

anunitu
15 Aug 2019, 01:37
having someone you do not know well getting all touchy on you

by touchy i meant really handsy not the emotional thing,like putting their hands on you

Medusa
16 Aug 2019, 19:15
What is the most toxic trait you have?

Sean R. R.
17 Aug 2019, 00:27

Pfft, it would be easier to figure out which one of my traits isn't!

I'd say I'm very stubborn. Like, VERY stubborn. It takes a lot for me to realize when I'm doing things wrong and I just force them until it works, or it fails big time.

Eleanor
17 Aug 2019, 00:38
Pfft, it would be easier to figure out which one of my traits isn't!

I'd say I'm very stubborn. Like, VERY stubborn. It takes a lot for me to realize when I'm doing things wrong and I just force them until it works, or it fails big time.
Me too! Stubborn to the bone and a bit recalcitrant. I've learned to notice when I'm doing this and I try to adjust my behavior when it happens, but it's hard. I have no problem with rules and systems, but they have to make sense. If they don't I start kicking against the rules (nothing illegal of course, mostly work related stuff). I really challenge the 'why' behind rules and people (mostly managers) don't always like me for it. It backfires sometimes :P but I can't help it.

Azvanna
17 Aug 2019, 01:25

Stinginess.

anunitu
17 Aug 2019, 01:56

not knowing when to just shut up

iris
17 Aug 2019, 02:08

Hm... I can be quite manipulative. I make some serious effort not to be, but I do pinpoint people's weak spots very quickly and know how to use them. It's some left over survival instincts.

Rick
17 Aug 2019, 04:28

I never forgive.

Hawkfeathers
17 Aug 2019, 06:17

Standing up for my rights when I know I'm right. (I don't even think it's toxic, but a lot of other people do LOL)

anunitu
17 Aug 2019, 07:38
with you on that hawk

anubisa
17 Aug 2019, 17:04

I can be very negative to myself.

Medusa
20 Aug 2019, 23:03
What smell makes you cringe?

iris
21 Aug 2019, 01:24

Many. Of stuff it's normal to be around (not you know, dog poop and vomit cause they definitely do), hair spray, sweet perfumes, fish cooking. And the smoke of a certain recreational herb that's varying degrees of legal around the world.

anunitu
21 Aug 2019, 03:26
a certain smell of a flower(not sure what kind) from my childhood will bring on a flash back image that always makes me break out in a cold sweat

Shahaku
21 Aug 2019, 05:52
Rotten food. My husband has a tendency of forgetting Tupperware in the fridge at work.

A temper. Not violent, but I do yell.

Hawkfeathers
21 Aug 2019, 05:58

Really sweet stuff, like cake icing.

MaskedOne
21 Aug 2019, 06:22

An overabundance of cleaning chemicals.

Juniper
21 Aug 2019, 15:44

Cinnamon - Just the artificial stuff. Real cinnamon doesn't seem to have the same affect
Banana (especially the peels)
Vomit
Patchouli, when it's layered on to cover up BO

Prickly Pear
21 Aug 2019, 16:13

There are certain lab created scents that give me migraines and asthma type reactions. There is a very popular mall store that carries these scents. I can't even go in. I frequently smell these scents on young women and sometimes adults. That's me in the grocery store, trying to discreetly cover my nose and dodge you without being rude. I am panicking just a little. It is also very inconvenient when working with the public. My daughter had a friend when she was younger whose family would spray these perfumes all over their house, their furniture, and as air freshener. I had to make her shower as soon as she walked in the door after playing at their house. I know they smell good to other people, but to me they smell like pain and vomiting and migraine aura and they burn and seem to cling to my nose and throat.

Also, actual vomit. I'm with you there.

B. de Corbin
21 Aug 2019, 16:45

Modesty. And being humble.

- - - Updated - - -

Rotten potatoes in the cupboard.

Prickly Pear
21 Aug 2019, 19:48
Modesty. And being humble.

- - - Updated - - -

Rotten potatoes in the cupboard.

Rotten potatoes was my morning sickness trigger. I could walk into a grocery store and tell if there was one potato going bad from yards away. I seem to have gotten over it now, instead the smell makes me happy I don't have morning sickness. It is still nasty, but I am just really happy not to be running for the bathroom or the bushes.

Medusa
25 Aug 2019, 20:00
Those of you who are allergic to oddly specific or rare things, what is it and how did you find out?

iris
26 Aug 2019, 07:14
Those of you who are allergic to oddly specific or rare things, what is it and how did you find out?

My allergies aren't terribly rare; nuts and shellfish. Both by eating them and having my mouth swell up.
I'm allergic to parsley though. I was growing herbs in my kitchen cause I thought that would be nice. First time I cut off some parsley to use, I got a bit of juice on my hands and immediately started swelling and getting rashes. Figured i probably shouldn't eat it then.

volcaniclastic
26 Aug 2019, 11:50

Passionfruit!

I found out by eating one and my mouth and throat got sore.

I'm fine with it though, it tasted weird and it's super easy to avoid. I don't even think about it.

Rick
26 Aug 2019, 17:43

Mayonnaise. Found out from projectile vomiting.

Juniper
26 Aug 2019, 20:27

Gel deodorants and a lot of "natural" deodorants. I get rashes. Those burn so bad on armpit skin!

Medusa
26 Aug 2019, 22:36

Not rare, but deadly. I'm allergic to Penicillin. I got a shot when I was 3 years old due to an ear infection. I have a perfect brown circle on the outside of my thigh from the reaction. My throat closes up.

Rare is tomatillos. Rare because I wasn't allergic to it at first. I had a few year stint of being allergic to it in any salsa. I could vomit big time. Even rarer? I'm no longer allergic.

Medusa
27 Aug 2019, 23:54
Have you ever been one of the OGs of something? If so, what?

Shahaku
28 Aug 2019, 03:49

(Original Gits/Gangsters?) If so, I was one of the first pagans in my school, but that's probably the closest. I did jump on the no poo (going without shampoo) train pretty early in the game, and have been doing that for a few years now.

anunitu
28 Aug 2019, 05:32

in a way i rode with an mc at 15-17 in Oakland,and we were kinda a per-center group club,but i left that when i went into the navy

volcaniclastic
28 Aug 2019, 06:01

I like to think I started the skirts over jeans craze in the 90s.

I probably didn't. But I was the first one in my school to do it, I got made fun of, and the next year other people were doing it.

iris
28 Aug 2019, 08:14
uhm... I founded the school paper at my old school... does that count?

Medusa
30 Aug 2019, 00:06
What is the story of your scar?

Rick
30 Aug 2019, 10:17

1. Appendicitis

2. Tumor in my colon

Juniper
30 Aug 2019, 11:47

In no particular order:
1. Appendectomy
2. Unfortunate run in with a goat
3. Climbing a fence
4. Fell off my bike

MaskedOne
30 Aug 2019, 13:48

Disagreement with a cat. Pretty much always, disagreement with a cat.

anunitu
30 Aug 2019, 14:45

hand through a window deep cut on my wrist i will do a phone pic if i can

- - - Updated - - -

here bmight be hard to see

Medusa
30 Aug 2019, 22:41

self inflicted.

*drops goth mic.:p

but seriously, that's why I got tattoos on my arms. To cover the scars and to mimic the pain when I got them. I guess it was a way of weening myself off of the self inflicted kind.

Shahaku
31 Aug 2019, 04:47

A couple cat scratches.
A few burns.
One on my hand from trying to cut the peel off a banana when I was 10 (the banana was frozen)
C-Section

iris
01 Sep 2019, 03:49
I have a lot... ripping my finger open on a wrist watch. some on my heels from blood tests when I was young (I was born very prematurely). one in my palm from falling off a chair. one in my lip I thiiiink I got when I fell and broke my tooth. both my knees from stumbling in my grandmothers garden and scraping my knees on the tiles, twice. I have some scars from chickenpox too. and several I have no clue how got there.

Medusa
01 Sep 2019, 20:02
What fictional death hit you the hardest?

anunitu
01 Sep 2019, 23:31
tom hanks in Philadelphia the movie

Hawkfeathers
02 Sep 2019, 05:34
Spock in "Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan."

volcaniclastic
02 Sep 2019, 06:53
The ending to Bridge to Tarabithia

Shahaku
02 Sep 2019, 10:29

The demon-dead family of the main characters of the Black Jewel series. And Jaenelle's. Honestly, any of the deaths in that series hit me pretty hard. But those two scenes were the worst.

iris
02 Sep 2019, 10:50

Fictional. So book a count too right? Kvothe's troupe in the name of the wind by Patrick rothfuss. I always cry when I read it.

anunitu
02 Sep 2019, 13:26
also tom hanks cher in "saving private ryan"

Medusa
02 Sep 2019, 21:06
Wolverine, the movie Logan. Because in the comics, he's died a bunch of times. But the movie trailers killed me so much I have still not seen the movie. It's never ever ever not ever going to happen.

anubisa
02 Sep 2019, 21:12

Mufasa in The Lion King.

Medusa
06 Sep 2019, 20:12
What is your go to comfort food?

anubisa
06 Sep 2019, 22:02

Cheese. I love it so much.

Rick
07 Sep 2019, 03:10

Pinto beans, cornbread and fried potatoes

Shahaku
07 Sep 2019, 07:21

Ice cream.

anunitu
09 Sep 2019, 02:02
mack and cheese and more so chilimac

Hawkfeathers
09 Sep 2019, 12:23

A chicken & rice casserole I make.

Medusa
09 Sep 2019, 22:29
What's something your parents don't know about you?

anunitu
10 Sep 2019, 00:26
most everything,because they are both dead and gone a long time

volcaniclastic
10 Sep 2019, 05:07

She doesn't know I'm queer, despite the multitude of rainbows on everything, and the fact that I ran a pride group for three years and openly talked about it.

She thinks I'm just friendly.

Shahaku
10 Sep 2019, 06:08

I haven't spoken with my mom in something like 3 years, so quite a bit. My dad knows most everything, except my interest in kink.

Hawkfeathers
10 Sep 2019, 07:19

Once I grew up, they knew as little as possible about anything, good or bad. (The good was never good enough, and I never knew what was going to be considered bad.)

Prickly Pear
10 Sep 2019, 11:26
That I was robbed while working as a cashier in college. I wasn't going to quit, and I didn't want them to worry when they couldn't do a thing about it, unless they tried to force me home, which I also didn't want. I wasn't physically harmed, although I think there is some residual PTSD. Mostly it is a pain because now I feel like I have to keep it a secret because they would be hurt that I didn't tell them. I'm glad I didn't quit though because I think it helped to face the fear until I things felt normal again.

- - - Updated - - -

That I was robbed while working as a cashier in college. I wasn't going to quit, and I didn't want them to worry when they couldn't do a thing about it, unless they tried to force me home, which I also didn't want. I wasn't physically harmed, although I think there is some residual PTSD. Mostly it is a pain because now I feel like I have to keep it a secret because they would be hurt that I didn't tell them. I'm glad I didn't quit though because I think it helped to face the fear until I things felt normal again.

iris
12 Sep 2019, 01:45

A lot xD my mom doesn't know I'm bi, my dad does though. But then I haven't had any contact with her in years.
I keep a lot of secrets though. My personal business doesn't concern him.

Medusa
13 Sep 2019, 00:59
What smell reminds you of your childhood?

faye_cat
13 Sep 2019, 17:44
What smell reminds you of your childhood? Pine--We used to have pine trees that we climbed on all the time.
Honeysuckle--They grew everywhere!

Hawkfeathers
13 Sep 2019, 18:24

New York City.

Rick
13 Sep 2019, 21:28

All the smells of the dairy barn...

Prickly Pear
14 Sep 2019, 17:44
Freshly cut hay/alfalfa. Horse manure. Warming earth and concrete in the spring. Rain.

iris
15 Sep 2019, 06:08

Horses And everything that comes with that

Medusa
15 Sep 2019, 21:15
What superstition do you still follow?

volcaniclastic
15 Sep 2019, 22:17

I can't say bloody Mary out loud (I don't even like typing it), I don't ever get off the plane in Rankin Inlet lest I get stuck there, and I'll never say "what's the worst that could happen?"

I'm relatively superstitious.

iris
16 Sep 2019, 00:48

It's a silly thing and I think it might be specific to Denmark. But j never pick elderflower or elderberries without thanking "hyldemor" (the spirit of the tree) and offering something in return.

faye_cat
16 Sep 2019, 07:26
I think the biggest one is I still knock on wood and always get a bit nervous if I can't find any actual wood.

Juniper
16 Sep 2019, 08:13
I still say Gesuntheit when people sneeze. I think it's stupid and unnecessary but I still do it.

Prickly Pear
16 Sep 2019, 17:05
I have an embarrassing number. Knock wood. Don't tempt fate. Salt over the shoulder if I spill it. One time we were on a long drive and for reasons that I still do not understand we kept hitting birds. This was in the South West US, and there are lots of ravens. I was so worried we were going to hit one. I love them anyway, but I was also thinking that killing a raven has got to be some very bad luck. I have driven that road many times in my life and that was the only time hitting birds was a problem. It was almost like when they all fly into the ground, or when whales beach. We did not hit any ravens, and the ones that hang out at my mom's house seemed okay with us, so disaster averted.

Medusa
16 Sep 2019, 22:03
I knock on whatever the counter at work is made of.
I must pick up every single penny I find on the ground. And mind you I have bad vision. But I can spot a penny or a black cat in the dead of night in the parking lot!

I'm actually opposite I guess. I purposefully walk under ladders. I enjoy spotting black cats. I throw no salt over my shoulder hoping for the Devil to show up in my kitchen whilst I'm cooking chorizo in my fuzzy pink flip flops, house nightgown and hair in messy bun.

Oh and I for sure wish on falling stars. And when I do I find it very hard to come up for something to wish for other than Wolverine. Because I guess I'm content. So that's a plus.