PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'am mathieu

mathieu
15 Apr 2019, 10:21
Hello,

I came here by curiosity. I'am not really a beleiver but I feel religion might be good for me.

I have few values, I want to find in a religion:
* I beleive in freedom, people should have the right do to what they want as long as they d'ont hurt someone else. It includes homosexuality and drinking alcool.
* respect of nature
* work and creating is a positiv stuff
* I don't beleive in universalim and the "no borders" "we are all the same" motto. the religion must not contradict patriotism or nationalism or impose immigration.
* I don't beleive in anthropomorphic deity.

Am I in the right place?

B. de Corbin
15 Apr 2019, 12:04
Howdy, Mathieu.

Is this the right place? Sure, if you want it to be.

Welcome!

mathieu
15 Apr 2019, 12:39
thanks for your welcome.

I was wondering if some of my values will be contradictory with the pagan faith?

iris
15 Apr 2019, 12:43
Welcome.

"The pagan faith" is an umbrella term for a LOT of paths. so yes. it will to some, and not to others. The best way of finding out is studying the ones that catch your attention. Most of us, to some extend, forge our own paths.

Bartmanhomer
15 Apr 2019, 13:04
Welcome to Pagan Forum. :D

MaskedOne
15 Apr 2019, 18:53
Am I in the right place?

Maybe.

Paganism is a rather large umbrella that contains a number of belief systems that don't always agree with each other. To avoid my flippant description, Paganism is less a religion and more an extended family of religions. Some might fit you beliefs, some might not..

Applying your question to PF in specific rather than Paganism in general, the answer is still maybe. No forum is for well suited for everyone and not all who venture through PF choose to stay. Skim the boards, join and/or start conversation threads. You'll find out soon enough whether PF is a good fit for you.

In the meantime, welcome aboard.

faye_cat
15 Apr 2019, 19:26
Welcome!

Your religion is what you make of it. Paganism is full of different paths.

anunitu
15 Apr 2019, 20:20
as has been said we are many things and none at times

anubisa
15 Apr 2019, 21:13
Welcome to the forum! We welcome all beliefs!

volcaniclastic
16 Apr 2019, 07:53
welcome to the forum!

mathieu
20 Apr 2019, 22:37
Thanks all for your welcom.

I strugle to find information about paganism.

Is there a book I can read to understand it better?

iris
21 Apr 2019, 00:31
Thanks all for your welcom.

I strugle to find information about paganism.

Is there a book I can read to understand it better?

Again, "paganism" is an umbrella term, there isn't a "being a pagan 101" book. But you are on a forum with lots of informative discussions to read, have a look around here.

mathieu
21 Apr 2019, 01:11
Again, "paganism" is an umbrella term, there isn't a "being a pagan 101" book. But you are on a forum with lots of informative discussions to read, have a look around here.

I get there isn't a sacred book like the bible or koran.
But isn't there a book/guide or call it as you want, who show the big lines?
I's an umbrella term but there is still a common beleif like the respect of nature.

I read the "newbie guide" here, I will take a look at different things.

iris
21 Apr 2019, 02:24
I get there isn't a sacred book like the bible or koran.
But isn't there a book/guide or call it as you want, who show the big lines?
I's an umbrella term but there is still a common beleif like the respect of nature.

I read the "newbie guide" here, I will take a look at different things.

Not to my knowledge no. And no, there isn't really that either, we don't all have shared beliefs. Pagan pretty much means "not one of the major religions".

Bartmanhomer
21 Apr 2019, 08:28
Not to my knowledge no. And no, there isn't really that either, we don't all have shared beliefs. Pagan pretty much means "not one of the major religions".

What about the Book Of Shadows? Isn't that a pagan book? :confused:

volcaniclastic
21 Apr 2019, 11:47
What about the Book Of Shadows? Isn't that a pagan book? :confused:

You're not technically wrong, but there isn't just one Book of Shadows. The BoS is something that every witch writes for his or herself, or is a compendium passed down from generations if you come from a family.

And some pagans just don't keep them. I have one, but it's very referential, and I rarely update it. Others keep them as a diary of sorts.