PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Universe!

Dez
14 Oct 2010, 10:03
To share the good news, and happy things that make us grateful.

Thank you, universe, for our being able to get into our own apartment. Thank you that, although things are tight, we have food to eat, clothing, and heating. Thank you for how well my sweet kids are adjusting to having their whole life turned upside-down, and suddenly only seeing their grandparents every couple of days.

Thank you for helping me find a belief in the innate goodness of mankind again, and for letting me see that I don't have to throw out faith, period, as I step away from the beliefs I was raised with. Thank you for showing me the possibility of a mature, adult relationship with deity.

thalassa
14 Oct 2010, 12:22
Thank you for this STUNNING mid-October weather!

<--------plans to play hookey from school to take the kids to the park

Celest
14 Oct 2010, 13:56
thank you, Universe, for giving me the best hubby I could ever hope for.
( and the kids are ok too ;D )

Dez
22 Oct 2010, 15:36
Thank you Universe, for having my SIL offer us some whole wheat flour and frozen chicken breasts. She deserves some serious good points for that.

ghosthaunter
30 Oct 2010, 11:49
(know this is a lil bit late, but) Thank you, universe, for bringing PF back online =D

tigergypsy
17 Nov 2010, 14:54
Thank you, Universe for allowing my husband and myself to see the way to finding a start at financial relief and giving us the strength to swallow a little bit of self pride and do what was neccessary. It wasn't until I left the beliefs I was raised to believe, and found you that now my life is starting to make sense again. I know I am now on the path that I was meant to be on.

Almost_lost
17 Nov 2010, 15:04
Thank you universe.. well Mr Tax man... for the cheque i got in the post!!

ThorsSon
18 Nov 2010, 04:39
Thank you, Universe, for whatever cologne you sprayed on my collar... it seems to be working.

LiadanWillows
18 Nov 2010, 06:18
Thank you universe for giving me the wisdom and patience I need to get through my work week.

Dez
18 Nov 2010, 07:45
Thank you Universe, for helping me survive the past couple of days.

Particularly the bit about L calling in to his second job, and finding out that his friend could sub for him because friend was planning on working, but was not, in fact, on the schedule, so they just traded days. Very nice little bit of synchronicity...thank you.

Caelia
18 Nov 2010, 16:55
Thank You, Universe, for reminding me why I studied all of this stuff :)

LiadanWillows
20 Nov 2010, 15:29
Thank you, Universe, for helping me stay physically and mentally healthy.

thalassa
26 Nov 2010, 17:50
Scott gets paid for a 4 day work week+housing and per diem next Friday.

Thank effing goodness.

And thank you to everyone that helped us survive this past month.

Storm
01 Dec 2010, 04:33
Thank you Universe, for never throwing more at me than I can handle and for giving me the strength and character to handle what you have thrown at me.

Lunacie
01 Dec 2010, 06:43
Thank you Universe, for not letting me give up on the Vitamin D3 and for increasing the dose until it began to actually help with the depression.

Thank you for all the help we've found for my two special needs grandchildren, and please help us figure out what therapy will be most helpful for both, but especially for the oldest at this time.

Monk
24 Dec 2010, 07:01
Thank you Universe, For not letting me freak out every time a new health problem(Cancer and Heart) pops up and giving me the strength to cope.

Celest
26 Dec 2010, 08:37
Thank you Universe for this time with my son. I didn't think I'd see him at all during the holiday, and now he's here!

DanieMarie
29 Dec 2010, 15:21
Complaining works! I didn't get a package I'd ordered express from Amazon (I'm a Prime customer so I'm supposed to get overnight shipping) and today it's officially 5 business days late. I asked Amazon where my package is, even though I don't really think it's their fault, it's DHL's fault. But I thought they could track it easier since they sent it. Still, they apologized and gave me 5 Euro credit (since they can't refund my shipping, since it's free).
I hope my package gets here soon and I think DHL has taken too long despite the holidays and weather (I was told it could be 1-2 days late at most) but I think it was really good customer service for Amazon to do that for me.

Ophidia
29 Dec 2010, 17:16
Thank you, Universe, for letting me sleep allllllll day. Went to bed at 9am, woke up at 5pm. For the first time in two weeks!

Bjorn
29 Dec 2010, 18:56
THANK YOU GREAT SPIRIT

For that personal email from a WWOOF lady who wants me to help her with her garden and set her up with chickens, and thanks for getting it to me on Christmas. Always nice to have options, and I really enjoyed that town, despite the crazy lady.

Thank you for my friends in KS who have made it clear that I need to move back. Which I will.

For the excitement of learning something new and having a goal to obtain, thank you VERY much. This is exactly what I needed, so thanks for helping me wake up, especially since it came through an old friend, who I am also grateful for having seen recently.

I love you, Father Bear. I love you, Great Spirit.

LiadanWillows
30 Dec 2010, 16:29
Thank You Universe for blessing my family and friends this year.

Amber
07 Jan 2011, 14:28
Thank you universe for allowing me the opportunity to lead others along their path!

Clive
08 Jan 2011, 11:12
Thank you, Lord and Lady, for this lovely view of the sun and snow from my window.

Celest
08 Jan 2011, 13:56
Thank you, Universe, Great Spirit, Mother Nature, the One, the All.....

My mother in law is doing much better today, for the first time in weeks, she is sitting up, eating , and she looks so much better!

cesara
08 Jan 2011, 15:09
Thank you universe, for the time we spent with my son this holiday. And thank you for the job and house waiting for us in Toronto!

OpenHands
14 Jan 2011, 17:25
It's been a tough week at the office and I was tempted to avail myself of the rant thread, but I'd rather focus on the positive. Today I'm grateful that the hubby and I are both employed with good benefits. I'm thankful for the kind and courteous customers who appreciate my services. I'm thankful that I married such a good guy who is always looking for ways to make our future together as comfortable and secure as possible.

But most of all...I'm thankful for weekends and NyQuil when I've been battling a bad cold at work all week. :)

GypsySeaWitch
18 Jan 2011, 12:07
Thank you, Universe......for um.....McDonald's fast food. lol.

Okay, I'll list a real one. Thank you for such a great Mom as not many moms are willing to pay $200 for just two pairs of shoes because their daughter's feet are two different sizes due to surgeries and swelling. And thanks for letting me be able to find shoes that even fit and I can walk in without pain. Thank you, Universe!

LiadanWillows
18 Jan 2011, 17:55
Thank you Universe for the roof over my head, the floor under my feet, the breath in my lungs, the food in my stomach, and the love in my heart.

winterviolet
18 Jan 2011, 23:11
Thank you, universe, for the strength to keep striving for personal progress and growth. Also, thank you for the people you have placed in my life that look out for and care about me. May I always remain humble for what I achieve, grateful for what gifts are laid before me and hopeful in the tough journey that is life.

Bjorn
18 Jan 2011, 23:53
Thank you, Universe,

For your hand when I didn't realize I needed it. I see now the problems that are beginning to form and am so glad you helped me realize this AS you offered me a better solution. I am truly humbled and very grateful.

Lunacie
20 Jan 2011, 16:01
Thank you Universe for giving us nice weather on the weekend for a change. I was able to hit a couple of thrift shops and get some "new" clothes for my granddaughter and a "new" walking cane for me - with a lovely brand new no-slip tip on it. The tip on my old bent cane was very slippery on wet floors. Sure enough, just a couple of days later we got an ice storm and I wasn't nearly as nervous getting outdoors with the new cane. Hope you enjoyed the candles and the little prayer I said.

OpenHands
23 Jan 2011, 07:05
Feeling very thankful that the observances of the oil festival, Ashuru Shamnu, have gone well. It's a holiday I've struggled to find meaning in, but this year I changed some things up and it was wonderful. I dedicated the entire lunar month to doing a "deep clean" of the house and partnered that with the ritual house blessing. So hooray for successes and progress in building a sustainable religious practice!

Clive
26 Jan 2011, 06:16
Thank you, Universe, for finding me at the mall the week they just happen to be giving away a Shiny Entei at GameStop.

And thank you, Universe, for my being the person to sell that lady a lottery ticket worth $5000, and for her giving me 20.

LiadanWillows
26 Jan 2011, 07:47
Thank you Universe for helping me find my father.

DanieMarie
04 Feb 2011, 11:47
I'm so stoked. I got a job! It's an unpaid work experience job, but I was more concerned about experience over money anyway. Unemployment is really high in Berlin and if I didn't find this I'd likely be looking for months longer! I'm really stoked about it too because it's exactly the kind of company I could see myself working with and they were really cool in my interview, and it has potential to turn into a paid job if I can do really well.

So thanks universe!

OpenHands
04 Feb 2011, 12:28
I'm so stoked. I got a job! It's an unpaid work experience job, but I was more concerned about experience over money anyway. Unemployment is really high in Berlin and if I didn't find this I'd likely be looking for months longer! I'm really stoked about it too because it's exactly the kind of company I could see myself working with and they were really cool in my interview, and it has potential to turn into a paid job if I can do really well.

So thanks universe!

Congrats, that's fantastic!

Celest
04 Mar 2011, 04:07
Thank you Great Spirit/Universe for helping me sort out the latest crisis.

(could I please have one week with no drama/crisis?, please. )

OpenHands
28 Mar 2011, 10:48
Feeling grateful that my hubby agreed to go with me to check out a local UU church next week since my aunt is no longer able to. This is a big step outside of his comfort zone and I'm touched that he's being so gracious about it.

Bjorn
28 Mar 2011, 16:58
A job came and knocked on my door. It's simple. It's kind of rewarding. I kind of really like it. I don't know how long it will be but I will thank the Great Spirit for the blessing.

LiadanWillows
31 Mar 2011, 03:03
Thank you Universe for the chance of a lifetime. I feel you have blessed me with this change.

CttCJim
31 Mar 2011, 21:11
It was my birthday yesterday, and just for one day, nothing was wrong.

FantasyWitch
31 Mar 2011, 22:26
Thank you universe for reminding me who my best friends are, and that they love me. X

Bjorn
01 Apr 2011, 09:20
Thank you Universe for letting the choke on the tiller go out so that I didn't plant and seed things just for it to snow today. April Fools indeed.

OpenHands
01 Apr 2011, 17:51
It was my birthday yesterday, and just for one day, nothing was wrong.

Belated happy birthday!

Dez
03 Jun 2011, 08:37
Thank you, Universe,

That I'm getting a grip on the difficult parts of my life right now.

That I feel connected to the Divine, even if I'm not always sure what to do next.

That the in-law's are making my declaration of un-Mormoning such a non-issue to my face, even if it hurts them.

That I'm finally making friends.

That with all the cold, windy weather we've been having, I had a beautiful afternoon yesterday to go pick dandelions for syrup.

DanieMarie
07 Jul 2011, 02:56
The interview I had yesterday, which I thought went not so good, went well and I got the job! I will have a whole lot less free time, because it's a full time (thankfully paid) internship and I want to keep up everything I'm currently doing (writing, music, get my garters online, training for cycling), but I really wanted to work there and I think it will be time really well filled!

thalassa
07 Jul 2011, 14:37
Congrats Danie!

LiadanWillows
09 Jul 2011, 14:08
Thank you Universe for giving me strength, wisdom, and courage to get through.

OpenHands
09 Jul 2011, 16:47
The interview I had yesterday, which I thought went not so good, went well and I got the job! I will have a whole lot less free time, because it's a full time (thankfully paid) internship and I want to keep up everything I'm currently doing (writing, music, get my garters online, training for cycling), but I really wanted to work there and I think it will be time really well filled!

Congratulations and best wishes with the new job!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Feeling thankful for the handful of sweet, plump blueberries that we got to pick for the first time on our baby blueberry bush this summer.

Amelia-Mary
11 Jul 2011, 11:23
I'm thankful for my happiness at this given moment, so happy I'm gonna list why (sorry if you get bored) :

- Passed my Spanish NVQ
- Passed my Physics coursework
- Got a job being a chef in a restaurant
- I've been cleared of all illnesses etc
- I have the best friends in the world
- Reached 150 crystals
- And I'm just happy in general, no medicinal assistance :D

DanieMarie
16 Jul 2011, 04:13
More to be thankful for..I just got my yearly statement for 2010 for my condo, and last year I was over 600 Euro over what I'd paid in maintenance/utility fees. This year, I'm over 200 Euros UNDER so I get that much back...I was really nervous about it because the winter of 2010 was sooooo long and cold (gas heating is part of the fee).

DanieMarie
12 Sep 2011, 09:53
Life is still going really well right now....I got an offer to stay at my job as a 'working student', which due to the bureaucracy of Germany will be a new contract but it's essentially the same job, and I'll be working half the hours and switching to hourly pay (which means I'll actually earn a bit more money). It'll be nice to work part time to mix up my week a bit more, but I really like working there and I've settled into working at a desk a lot better than at first (well, most of the time..) by learning to stay super active the rest of my time. I'm going back to university soon, and it's my last year and I'm excited about starting. I just got an email saying that my study materials have been shipped, and that's REALLY soon! They switched to online registration this year and I only registered a week ago, so that sure sped things up...before it was taking 3-4 weeks.
My dad hurt himself and had to have surgery on Saturday, but I just talked to him and he said the doctor called it a 'best case scenario' and everything is fine and he's not in a lot of pain. So that's good news!
Kitty continues to recover and is steadily gaining weight. He eats like a pig and I let him. His mood is much happier.
Things are going really well financially. After a couple of years of instability I'm finally doing alright.
My social life is so crazy...sometimes it's hard to keep up with, but more in a 'I'm too popular' kind of way. Which, even though it's crazy, definitely isn't a bad thing! If I'm home alone, it's because I chose to be and I scheduled that in. I'm still finding a balance with that (me time is important to me), and I'm trying to put my closest friends first and I admit that I've had to face up to the fact that I just don't have room in my life to make new friends other than a couple of new people from work. I'm not complaining about this of course...it is what it is and it's actually a sign that I have a lot of good stuff going on right now!

Sorry about the continual gushing, and the fact that this is the braggiest post ever (I had the last post in this thread as well)...it's just that, though I have my stressy times, things are going so well. So well I'm secretly afraid that something bad might happen. I'm very, very thankful. Thanksgiving is coming up, and I feel I have a lot to celebrate this year for a holiday that celebrates being thankful for things!

Ophidia
16 Oct 2011, 11:59
Thank you, Generous Goddess Abundantia, for the bounty you have bestowed on our household!

Bjorn
16 Oct 2011, 23:03
What am I NOT grateful for?

Thank you Great Spirit, for:

1. Massage school going so well
2. A family that loves and supports me
3. For learning my lessons and cultivating discipline
4. For me now knowing that it's ok every now and then to slack off
5. For loving me

Branflakes
30 Nov 2011, 06:55
thank you, Universe, for being.

FantasyWitch
30 Nov 2011, 10:55
Thank you universe for making me in a good enough mood to help a new friend who is in pain. I made him laugh. Thanks :) x

turningtides
02 Apr 2012, 19:56
Thank you, Universe. Thank you for the spiritual guides that are helping me find my feet. Thank you for the small-talk with friends that gave me huge courage to face the situation. Thank you for helping me remember that I'm not alone.

FantasyWitch
04 Apr 2012, 02:13
Thank you universe for setting my first solo art exhibition in motion! x

ladywhitewolf
29 Jun 2012, 11:47
Thank you Universe for everything. I was just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia [Syndrome] a few weeks ago. It has taught me that I am a stronger person than I think I am. I am also thankful for my friends and family.

Yrja
09 Jun 2013, 10:25
Thank you, Universe, for those days where you smile and smile because everything is perfect.

Bjorn
11 Jun 2013, 10:02
Thank you Universe for these trials. I asked for the chaff to be burned away and the flame has been set.

Raphaeline
11 Jun 2013, 10:12
Thank you, Universe, for rescuing us every time we think we're screwed.

qli
31 Jul 2013, 22:48
Thank you, for helping me stay physically and mentally healthy.

Riothamus12
06 Aug 2013, 23:54
Thank you for allowing me to continue studies and helping me to conquer the fears which have been a barrier to understanding the holy ones and the world around me.

Bjorn
07 Aug 2013, 09:46
Thank you. Just, thank you.

anunitu
07 Aug 2013, 09:52
I would thank the universe for not allowing the crazy politicians from wiping us all out yet,but ya might send a few "Reminders" to them that they also suffer when they screw up.

Gleb
07 Aug 2013, 10:47
Thank you for creating balance, peace and all of these good people in the forum.

Medusa
07 Aug 2013, 11:35
Thank you Marvel Universe. :o

kijani
13 Aug 2013, 00:38
Thank you, Universe. Even when everything else goes to poo, there is a silver lining.

Look at this adorable boy. We pick him up on Saturday. He is my service dog candidate. Perfect scores on the Volhard/ABO temperament testing. I am so excited. It's something to look forward to. :)

http://www.princetinpoodles.com/bling%20boy%205.jpg

Daughter of Toothless
10 Oct 2013, 17:38
Thank you Universe, for your quirky sense of humor.

Heka
10 Oct 2013, 18:37
Thank you, Universe, for turtles. Especially my little guy. Thank you for making me notice he was trying to jump out of his feeding tray. Thank you for all the wonderful options there are for names, and thank you for turtles.

Ariel
23 Feb 2014, 19:17
Thank you Universe for sending me the strength I have needed in the past week and for your ever loving guidance.

anunitu
24 Feb 2014, 04:25
Thank you Universe for allowing me to live long enough to see science that approach's magic. I grew up in a time when all we see today was considered "Science fiction".

Bjorn
25 Feb 2014, 18:48
Thank you Universe for my mechanic roommate who helped me with a free, jury-rigged fix that will, hopefully, work.

Bjorn
26 Feb 2014, 07:57
Thank you, Universe, for this humbling experience. I appreciate this mirror you showed me of how poorly I've dealt with stress lately, how negatively I have reflected upon my daily life, and how a simple gesture can turn the tides. I am not gonna say I 'like' these kicks in the ass, but I sure did need them. I feel alive again. Thank you to all my friends who have been so good to me during my time in the gutter -- I'm not completely out, but I'm climbing.

Monk
27 Feb 2014, 08:38
Thank you, Universe, for my puppies who know I'm feeling low today and are doing the best job ever of making me feel better. And thank you for Stan Rogers and Loreena Mckennitt who are also helping take my mind off things. I do miss the big pups who always could read my moods. Please watch over them and may you let us all reunite someday. :(

Clive
27 Feb 2014, 10:21
Thank you, Universe, for my puppies who know I'm feeling low today and are doing the best job ever of making me feel better. And thank you for Stan Rogers and Loreena Mckennitt who are also helping take my mind off things. I do miss the big pups who always could read my moods. Please watch over them and may you let us all reunite someday. :(

Why so glum on your birthday, chum?

Ektor
02 Mar 2014, 11:57
Thank you universe for all the love in my live, my friends, my companion, my family. Thank you for the meaningful experiences I have, for the amazing things I learn, thank you for the beauty of my life and the well being of all those I care about.

volcaniclastic
02 Mar 2014, 15:03
Thank you universe, for letting me realize I needed to budget BEFORE the bills went through.

Thank you universe, for this complex emotion I have today that is simultaneous relief that he's gone for two weeks, and allows me to miss him at the same time. The bf's out of town, it's time to get shit done!

Monk
03 Mar 2014, 06:02
Why so glum on your birthday, chum?

Just having a bad day and had a lot of extra manure dropped on my head and it put me over the top. I'm better now and thank you for asking.

Medusa
03 Mar 2014, 16:56
Thank you City Library! Two of my Jonathan Maberry audiobooks are now available. And they are the second and third book in order!
So happy! Weeeeeee