PDA

View Full Version : PRAYER REQUESTS!!

thalassa
08 Oct 2010, 21:41
Need a helping thought? Post'em here.

weareoceansaway
15 Oct 2010, 20:55
I was actually hoping a few people could help me pray for someone else.
Amanda, a fellow Pagan on her own Path, has been trying to have a child for some time. I don't know the whole story and I don't ask unless she wants me to, and she hasn't yet. However, her and her husband have been trying for years. I've already prayed, bought her a fertility candle, and have recently purchased some crystals for her that may help. She is trying to do this 'the old fashioned way' but may seek scientific intervention because she is just that desperate. I think she would be happier to know that her body is confident enough to have children (she is healthy enough, as far as she has pointed out; she has not spoken of perhaps the pregnancy being dangerous to her), but either way....
Any prayers are appreciated. She is a wonderful person who would make a great mother. As a mother myself and knowing how much my daughter has given me, I really would like to try to help her!
Thank you, and as always, Blessed Be.

corvus_corvidae
19 Oct 2010, 07:09
Duly noted. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

Was wondering if some of you nice people could keep my family in your thoughts. I am getting a fledgeling business off the ground (as everyone can see, I'm sure, since I post links all the time...sorry haha) and the problem is, we really a feeling financial strain. My husband is a truck driver and works VERY hard, but it just isn't enough to make ends meet completely. So, if you don't mind, can someone send money wishes our way? Maybe some ideas for money blessings?

Thanks so much

Clive
21 Oct 2010, 12:03
Duly noted. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

Was wondering if some of you nice people could keep my family in your thoughts. I am getting a fledgeling business off the ground (as everyone can see, I'm sure, since I post links all the time...sorry haha) and the problem is, we really a feeling financial strain. My husband is a truck driver and works VERY hard, but it just isn't enough to make ends meet completely. So, if you don't mind, can someone send money wishes our way? Maybe some ideas for money blessings?

Thanks so much

You all will be in my prayers. Personally, I think one of the simplest and best ways to convey a blessing is with some incense and prayer and/or chanting. A good money-drawing incense could be made with equal parts cinnamon and sage and half part of cloves. Light it up and chant or pray to your deity(ies).

I too could use some financial assistance. I've applied for a job with our state government as an office assistant and today I went to take a written test to see if I qualify. Some of it was a bit difficult but I'm pretty sure I earned a decent score. Oddly enough, only three other people showed up. Anyhoo, if y'all could send some energy or squeeze me into your prayers and try to tip the scales in my favor I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks.

Raphaeline
21 Oct 2010, 13:54
You're in my prayers!

I have a request of my own; my husband could use some healing energy - he's either got food poisoning or a virus - and pray that the baby and I don't catch it if it's the latter!

corvus_corvidae
21 Oct 2010, 14:55
Thanks for the advice Clive. I'll send some thoughts your way.

Raphaeline
22 Oct 2010, 14:19
I know this is shallow, but I could use any prayers you guys could spare for tomorrow! I've been very into cupcakes lately and I just found out today that there is a cupcake decorating contest going on tomorrow at noon! This would be EXACTLY what I need lately - I've been having some self-esteem issues, particularly related to my cooking skills, and this would make me feel competent again!

Thanks, you all!!

Dez
22 Oct 2010, 15:30
I know this is shallow, but I could use any prayers you guys could spare for tomorrow! I've been very into cupcakes lately and I just found out today that there is a cupcake decorating contest going on tomorrow at noon! This would be EXACTLY what I need lately - I've been having some self-esteem issues, particularly related to my cooking skills, and this would make me feel competent again!

Thanks, you all!!

Oooh, fun! I'm waaay too chicken to do something like that! Best of luck!

corvus_corvidae
22 Oct 2010, 15:32
GO GET 'EM GIRL! I'll keep ya in my thoughts! Good luck!

Raphaeline
22 Oct 2010, 17:04
Thank you, guys! I'm making one of these (http://cakeheadlovesevil.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cb400_zmb_glass-0003.jpg?w=490&h=652) and it's not going to be easy because I've never done the sugar glass stuff before. And I'm going to do a red filling, I just don't know what kind yet.

Dez
22 Oct 2010, 17:16
Thank you, guys! I'm making one of these (http://cakeheadlovesevil.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cb400_zmb_glass-0003.jpg?w=490&h=652) and it's not going to be easy because I've never done the sugar glass stuff before. And I'm going to do a red filling, I just don't know what kind yet.

Hahaha...Cute!
Don't worry too much...it's pretty much just hard candy!

What flavor are you going to make the cake?

Raphaeline
22 Oct 2010, 20:19
Hahaha...Cute!
Don't worry too much...it's pretty much just hard candy!

What flavor are you going to make the cake?

That particular one I'm making a simple white cupcake; the sugar glass is on it's third try! I'm so exhausted and I want to go to bed, but having to take care of the baby meant I wasn't RIGHT THERE when the thermometer hit 300 and it browned again. Hopefully I've got it under control this time :P

I've got one or maybe two more I'm going to do. But they might have to wait until the morning because I'm out of butter XD

thalassa
27 Oct 2010, 14:13
Scott has a weld test for tomorrow for a job that we REALLY need him to get. Considering he's now half way across the country and had to quit his job to go there, we are TOTALLY screwed if this doesn't work out.

so...we could really use a helping thought, prayer, good wishes, whatever right now.

thalassa
28 Oct 2010, 20:22
Scott has a weld test for tomorrow for a job that we REALLY need him to get. Considering he's now half way across the country and had to quit his job to go there, we are TOTALLY screwed if this doesn't work out.

so...we could really use a helping thought, prayer, good wishes, whatever right now.

this again...

and I have horrible cramps and can't sleep.

which sucks--because I (almost) *never* (thanks to the miracle of modern medicine) (http://www.implanon-usa.com/Consumer/index.asp?C=49814404802646643519) get my period (about every 4-6 months), it hurts like hell when I do.

Raphaeline
29 Oct 2010, 16:32
You guys are in my prayers again tonight! I really hope this works out for you.

thalassa
29 Oct 2010, 16:42
You guys are in my prayers again tonight! I really hope this works out for you.

*hug*

me too...

he goes back in tomorrow...its a long story, but basically somewhere along the line the job he went out there for was cancelled, so they are working with him to get him into another postion, so he has to work on his test tomorrow too.

so PLEASE, still keep us in everyone's thoughts!!

corvus_corvidae
01 Nov 2010, 08:21
Have applied for seasonal work at Target! Everyone cross your fingers for me please. I am in a hurry, but I will read thru all the prayer requests from everyone and put you on my list. Love to everyone. You guys have all been so great to me. I feel like things are getting better for us just by having all of you in our lives.

Gwen
07 Jan 2011, 15:37
My husband just got fired... he's depressed and now it'll be longer before he sees a psychiatrist, and I'm not eligible next year for the big scholarship that had been helping us a lot... prayers, candles, etc appreciated.

Maulus
07 Jan 2011, 15:45
Aaw hen, sorry to hear that, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope things get better for you guys extremely soon!

M

ChainLightning
20 Jan 2011, 00:09
My wife's ex-husband, Kelly, is in the ER. We had to call an ambulance for him because he was showing stroke symptoms, and was sent home from work early. We're waiting in the family lounge for news.

Any prayers for him would be greatly appreciated!

He's back home and resting.

Gwen
22 Jan 2011, 13:52
My wife's ex-husband, Kelly, is in the ER. We had to call an ambulance for him because he was showing stroke symptoms, and was sent home from work early. We're waiting in the family lounge for news.

Any prayers for him would be greatly appreciated!

He's back home and resting.

Sorry to hear this--hospital visits can be harrowing. I'm glad he's home now.

thalassa
15 Feb 2011, 12:33
Soooooo....

We're praying Scott gets hired on as a regular employee within the next week or so...otherwise his contract might be ended early, within the next month or two...and then we're effed.

Celest
15 Feb 2011, 13:57
Soooooo....

We're praying Scott gets hired on as a regular employee within the next week or so...otherwise his contract might be ended early, within the next month or two...and then we're effed.

sending good vibes out to Scott for the job,and I'll add a ribbon for your family , ~hugs~

FantasyWitch
16 Feb 2011, 01:33
Soooooo....

Good vibes your way babe.

I pray that Dale comes home safe, I'm having the most horrible feelings... X

Maulus
16 Feb 2011, 09:51
Soooooo....

I hope it all works out well for him and both of you, keeping fingers crossed here. :)

I pray that Dale comes home safe, I'm having the most horrible feelings... X

I am keeping him in my Prayers while he is away from you hun.

M

Maulus
28 Feb 2011, 14:14
Okay this one isn't for me, it is a friend of ours who is having a bad time of things.
She split with her long term partner just before Christmas last year. He has now decided that he only wants to see his kids for 6 hours a week. Now he has been reporting her to the authorities for maltreatment of the kids and earning an income forbidden for her benefits (both untrue)
Today he has gone into her shed and killed all of her imported guinea pig stock and a number of rare breeds too.
She is obviously in a bad way and could use good vibes and some luck.

He, obviously needs a good shoeing!
M

Celest
28 Feb 2011, 14:20
^ that is just awefull!

sending all the good vibes i can muster!

Caelia
02 Mar 2011, 21:05
Azazel is applying for a paid volunteer stint that would actually move him to my state. I would like a few prayers to help him get it because I want to live with him again.

FantasyWitch
03 Mar 2011, 01:23
Please pray for my Big cousin who is going out to Afghanistan in 2 days. One comes home the other goes out. X

FantasyWitch
03 Mar 2011, 01:24
Azazel is applying for a paid volunteer stint that would actually move him to my state. I would like a few prayers to help him get it because I want to live with him again.

Candle lit. X

Celest
03 Mar 2011, 03:20
Please pray for my Big cousin who is going out to Afghanistan in 2 days. One comes home the other goes out. X

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

candles will be lit for you both

Monk
07 Mar 2011, 18:21
Keep me in your thoughts as the cardiologist wants to restart my heart to get me out of afib, Oncologist not sure what to do for me yet, The surgery to repair the damage from two surgery's ago(not the same surgeon)

Celest
07 Mar 2011, 18:24
Keep me in your thoughts as the cardiologist wants to restart my heart to get me out of afib, Oncologist not sure what to do for me yet, The surgery to repair the damage from two surgery's ago(not the same surgeon)

I am lighting a candle for you right now Monk,

Monk
07 Mar 2011, 18:36
Thanks. I hope I didn't sound winy.

Celest
07 Mar 2011, 18:45
Thanks. I hope I didn't sound winy.

not at all....
wishing and praying for your return to good health

Monk
27 Mar 2011, 08:12
OK, tomorrow the cardiologist is going to zap my heart to try and get me out of afib. I,ll let you know how it went or Corbin will post something if I blow a fuse.

Storm
28 Mar 2011, 02:52
Will light a candle for you Monk.

Monk
28 Mar 2011, 09:00
Thanks! Just to let you know I'm home now and they tell me it worked.

Caelia
28 Mar 2011, 21:42
I'd like to ask for a few prayers for Azazel and I. Azazel's in the hospital, I've been kicked out of my home in addition to being disowned, and I simply don't know how I'm going to get my life back together to be reunited with him.

ADD: I also want to thank everyone who prayed for Azazel. While he didn't get the job he is still hopeful albeit hospitalized.

Monk
29 Mar 2011, 06:10
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Azazel. May both your life's troubles be resolved so you maybe happy together.

Caelia
29 Mar 2011, 08:10
Thank you. He's finally being released Wednesday. My situation is still more...cloudy.

Dez
06 Apr 2011, 09:05
L has been working two jobs, more then 60 hours per week, total, as customer service for a stationary company and in the photo/electronics areas at Walmart. It's been the only way we've been able to make it work, here.

Last night, he got talking to the guy who visits their store as maintenance, etc, for Fuji, and they have openings right now. The job would let us head up to Portland, too. He said he'd give L the contact info on Friday...

Prayers that this actually comes to fruition?

FantasyWitch
06 Apr 2011, 09:38
Prayers sent dolly :) X

Celest
06 Apr 2011, 09:57
of course!

Monk
23 Apr 2011, 15:16
Just a quick thank you to all the PF members that put in their thoughts and prayers. The doc's got me out of afib(heart), and my PSA numbers have not changed in the last 3 months. This is the first time in almost a year this has happened.

Hawkfeathers
23 May 2011, 12:16
I have a friend in Joplin MO who hasn't been heard from since the tornado. Some good thoughts, please.

thalassa
24 May 2011, 17:04
I have a friend in Joplin MO who hasn't been heard from since the tornado. Some good thoughts, please.

I've been saying prayers for that entire town--I have an old friend that lives there as well, but a mutual friend put on her facebook that she happened to be out of town with her husband and kids when it happened. Either way, everyone there's lives will be irrevocably changed.

Hawkfeathers
24 May 2011, 17:38
Found out this afternoon that my friend is OK!!!!!

yukanaoe
03 Jun 2011, 19:29
:( Daniel might have a concussion :( have to wake him up ever hour to check on him :( please pray that he's ok

LiadanWillows
05 Jun 2011, 16:45
Prayers and healing energy sent your way. The Goddess is with you always. Keep us posted.

yukanaoe
05 Jun 2011, 18:55
bump is gone jsut a red mark left. :) he's good :) thank you. it was a learning experience for us all :( daniel is really wary about his head now :( he really got hurt

LiadanWillows
07 Jun 2011, 14:28
Glad to hear he is better :)

CabbageTheif
16 Jun 2011, 04:28
i was almost fired yesterday, because i already had plans for this saturday. i work six day workweeks with the exception of one saturday a month, and that saturday has been taken away from me. its also a small business, so i work side by side with the boss who had the fight with me.

i need patience, i need wisdom. and i need a new job.

Lady Lotus
17 Jun 2011, 06:24
My family, especially my husband, could sure use all the good thoughts, vibes, and prayers he can get.

He has stage 4 cancer(considered terminal)and they stopped chemo this month and are putting him on a pill to try and extend his life.

Our little family has been weighed down by a ton this past year so any good that others can spare to give us some peace and prolonged time with my husband would be awfully appreciated. Thank you!

thalassa
17 Jun 2011, 06:32
My family, especially my husband, could sure use all the good thoughts, vibes, and prayers he can get.

He has stage 4 cancer(considered terminal)and they stopped chemo this month and are putting him on a pill to try and extend his life.

Our little family has been weighed down by a ton this past year so any good that others can spare to give us some peace and prolonged time with my husband would be awfully appreciated. Thank you!

I will be sure to keep your family in our prayers, that you can have the time you need with each other, and that it can be as painfree and loving as possible...I am so sorry that you are all going through this.

ladywhitewolf
17 Jun 2011, 09:54

I am sending you healing thoughts and prayers to you, family and your husband.

Caelia
08 Sep 2011, 16:14
Lady Lotus, I don't know how I missed your request but I'm going to add you and your family to my Reiki list.

I too would like some prayers. I just need to heal after ending a friendship of 6 years and in the most horrible way.

MaskedOne
08 Sep 2011, 16:49
Damn, always sucks when you end up doing that.

Blessings to you.

Dez
09 Sep 2011, 07:32
You and yours will be in my thoughts as well, Lady Lotus.

Amelia-Mary
09 Sep 2011, 09:46
I will always light a candle for you and your family :)

thalassa
11 Sep 2011, 12:56
for those of you that remember Madness, I learned from her homepage that a fire has just started about a mile down the road from their farm in TX...please keep them in our thoughts!

Amelia-Mary
12 Sep 2011, 08:38
Consider it done :)

verlignus
12 Sep 2011, 15:36
Both the femme and male entities of Verlignus will keep you in our thoughts and in our meditations for health, prosperity, happiness, and peace. Namaste.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

As you will, may it be so. May you be blessed in every way. Namaste, the femme and the male entities of Verlignus

thalassa
03 Oct 2011, 06:16
If anyone could spare a little positive energy here, because of the government fubar, the hubby might be laid off (again).

...his boss wants him to do something that is against policy and he's refusing, and his boss is threatening to send him back to HR, but HR has already told him there is no where else to assign him...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

B. de Corbin
03 Oct 2011, 06:49
Positive energy is on it's way. Best wishes.

Have you found out anything else about Sandholler Farm & Madness?

thalassa
03 Oct 2011, 08:32
Have you found out anything else about Sandholler Farm & Madness?

Her blog says they are okay (http://sandhollerfarm.com/2011/09/fires/) and their facebook says its raining (https://www.facebook.com/SandHollerFarm).

thalassa
20 Oct 2011, 14:06
This might be a bit frivolous...but we can use all the help we can get at this point.

The Hubby got a letter that he's in *the process* for federal hire. Anyone that has ever tried to get a job with the gov't should know what a PITA and long ass process this is...its basically taken over a year or submitting and resubmitting for a job he is amply qualified for (same thing he did in the military) and has veterans preference for (even better, he has DISABLED preference for)--the application he got hired off of was from May (and this is considered timely).

...the problem:

They inform you by certified letter. By the time certified letter was forwarded and received, he should have called them back on the 17th...which was three days ago.

...so...

PLEASE for the love of whatever gods you worship, keep us in your prayers. Because his current contract runs out at the end of December, and unless they have another contract...we might be SOL and unemployed again. (even so, the actual hiring process can still take a month or two)

Hopefully he will be able to get ahold of them tomorrow, he's already left a message today, but its after working hours here by the time my parents got to the post office in IL.

Dez
20 Oct 2011, 16:07
Done and done, Hun....hope he gets it!

LiadanWillows
27 Oct 2011, 18:05
Praying for you and your family Thal.

thalassa
28 Oct 2011, 01:53
Thanks guys!

He had interview 1...and now its a 4-6 week wait for round 2.

Fingers are definitely crossed.

B. de Corbin
28 Oct 2011, 03:29
Best wishes to you and the family, Thalassa!

Monk
28 Oct 2011, 04:53
Best of luck! You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Raphaeline
28 Oct 2011, 06:25
Wishing you luck, Thal!

I could use some energy as well - I'm starting to get concerned that I may end up with pre-eclampsia again and I would deeply appreciate any energy ya'll could spare for me. My eyes start to water if the thought of another C-section crosses my mind... I feel less anxiety discussing the chances of hemorraging during a home birth than I do getting preeclampsia. I'm getting headaches every once in a while and my feet are starting to swell pretty badly, so I'm scared to death that I'm going down that road again.

B. de Corbin
28 Oct 2011, 06:29
Best wishes to you, Raphaeline - I've sent a 40 lb bag of good karma down the etheric highway to you.

DanieMarie
28 Oct 2011, 06:36
Hope all goes well!

Monk
28 Oct 2011, 07:41
You've got it, Raphaeline.

Amelia-Mary
28 Oct 2011, 07:46
Consider it done :)

LiadanWillows
28 Oct 2011, 10:51
My thoughts are with you Raph.

Rhondda Pagan
24 Dec 2011, 04:46
My thoughts are with you all

I was wondering if any good give some Prayers of good health and what have you as my mother is back and forth of hospital with various problems, the reason i get so worried is because as it is now she cant walk properly because it is to painful to stand and i would really like to know that she will get better sooner or later.
Thanks.

MichaelRusso
10 Mar 2012, 14:42
I could really really use any prayers/energy/candle lighting that anyone could do for me.....im leaving home tonight, and i feel like a mess. I'm actually considering turning to temporary fixes like alcohol and worse to help combat all this stress and sadness.....and anyone that knows me, knows how much i am against anything of the sort.

anunitu
11 Mar 2012, 12:23
My older Sister has had a stroke,I don't have all the details yet,but please good thoughts and prayers for her.

Taliesyn
11 Mar 2012, 17:34
you got it, anunitu.

habbalah
13 Mar 2012, 13:26
My older Sister has had a stroke,I don't have all the details yet,but please good thoughts and prayers for her.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll definitely add a prayer for her.

anunitu
13 Mar 2012, 16:21
A little update,she is ok,but her right side is paralyzed. That isn't uncommon with a stroke,and the Doc says that with therapy it may get better. She is in her 70's so everything depends on that factor. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

anunitu
29 Mar 2012, 12:30
I just got an Email from my ex,my sister is back in the Hospital,and it may be the end. My request is that you might focus your thoughts for a good journey into the next place or destination.

SeanRave
29 Mar 2012, 15:48
I'm so sorry to hear, my prayers are with her.

Caelia
29 Mar 2012, 15:51
Consider it done.

SeanRave
29 Mar 2012, 18:45
Guys, I have a big exam tomorrow, and it will take a huge part in my overall grade. I really need a good grade, and I've studied for it. But a few prayers won't hurt. Thank you for your time!

Anunitu, I wish you and your sister the best.

callmeclemens
12 Sep 2012, 04:44
This has been devouring my mind over the past couple of weeks so I am going to vent/ ask for prayers etc. Over a Month ago sometime during the Night a Bat came into my apartment Via a loose screen, and by loose, I mean it had partially fallen off, a hawk could have come in had he wanted too. Anyway after a good deal of flying in circles I was able to net the bat and release him. I did not want to call animal control as I did not want my bat friend to be euthanized. However, I did not notice the bat at first until my incredibly light sleeping wife was awoken by its sounds of sonar. While I didn't think about it at first my cats had all received three year vaccines almost three years to the date (Though I have read vaccines last with a good deal of effectiveness well after the actual 3 years. Something to the effect of one year vaccines last nearly three years with an effectiveness of 89% and Three Year LAst Five years at about the same rate.) and they we're all in the room rather fascinated with the Bat though I nor heard, or nor did they show signs of being bitten. Recently my wife had been laid off from full time work at the same time she decided to start going to school full time again and I am set to start a new higher earning job in the next month so with that being said we are currently living on such an incredibly small budget and with out health insurance. The next free Rabies Clinic is next month and you can be sure my cats will be there, however the fear and the phobia or rabies is starting to affect both my mental health and relationship with my cats. for example it has recently gotten colder (low fifties at night) a time where my cats always love affection and for lack of a better word cuddling at night for warmth. However I am now becoming scared of my cats and when I'm not thoroughly inspecting them for symptoms I am pretty much just scarring them away from me. Everything they do seems weird now though I know its really not, every time they bathe themselves I wonder if that is the site of a bite, and every time they brush against me I fear it is just them staggering.

The guilt of not being able to care for my Animals is overwhelming. I love them as much as I could love any one person and they have provided such joy and companionship I only want them to be happy and Healthy. I have talked to my wife about the extremely remote chance that we could have contracted rabies, but she herself is a numbers person and had no fear whatsoever. As well as a certainty none of us came in any direct contact with the bat.

I don't know what to do. Part of me would love to believe that my kindness to the Bat will be returned, but that isn't really helping I am going to take a lock of each of their coats into the forest today and pray for Protection and Safe Keeping. And you better believe I'll be the first person in line for that free clinic.

Anyway, that felt really good to spill out. I hope you all don't think I'm an awful person.

I'll attach some photos of them.

The Two together are Elanor and Peugot (we Call him Moo Moo) and The Orange one is Leo. I adopted him with a plethora of health conditions and with a bit of love and affection he is now a pudgy healthy and handsome boy.

PhoenixMask
07 Oct 2012, 01:26
One of my friends is homeless. He is currently couch surfing. The place he is in is not letting him stay because the land lord isn't okay with it. He has zero funds and is desperately looking for housing and food. He is also struggling at school.

Another one of my friends is struggling to get foods, transportation and has to care for her senile grandmother.

If you could pray for my friends that would be most appreciated.

Maria de Luna
16 Nov 2012, 19:55
Just found out my husbands 82 year old father had a heart attack and is in the hospital, we don't know what is happening yet, but would greatly appreciate any prayers you could send his way.

Nevermore_2008
26 Mar 2013, 19:43
I was hoping someone could pray that the film festival I am planning does well and that I start to feel less stressed as I am working on it. I have had horrible headaches for the last 3 days due to stress and I just had my first nose bleed in 18 years. I want my festival to succeed and I am working so hard between that and my two other jobs I just can't help but to be stressed.

Malflick
11 May 2013, 07:44
got in a car accident yesterday-- I'm mostly okay, but I don't know about the car, I'm 5 hours from home, and I don't know how I'm going to get back or if I'll still have a car. Prayers would be appreciated.

SPhoenix
11 May 2013, 08:44
got in a car accident yesterday-- I'm mostly okay, but I don't know about the car, I'm 5 hours from home, and I don't know how I'm going to get back or if I'll still have a car. Prayers would be appreciated.

I'm so sorry to hear this. From my own personal experience, I sure do hope that your car gets repaired!

IF, however, that doesn't happen, then it might be nice to know that there are certainly ways to get home. If you can find a local church or other charity type organization and explain your situation, many times they will be willing to buy a greyhound ticket. Assuming that you're American, sorry if I'm in the wrong country to help.

Even sometimes social workers can get you into contact with someone who can assist you. If you don't know how to get ahold of a local social worker, call the hospital and tell them that you have a non-medical emergency, but you really need to talk to a social worker. Tell them that you need to speak to one of their social workers in order to find out how to locate charities that might be willing or able to assist you.

I know greyhound isn't a first choice, but it will get you home, which may be the final necessity when you're in such a pickle.

Despite all of that information, my greatest hope is that your car can be repaired and you can head out.

ALSO, I don't know if you had insurance, but if you do, then they are the first people to contact. They will almost unquestionably have provisions to help you get home. Again, perhaps not the best provisions, but the best isn't always necessary--sometimes you just need to get the job done.

Deep breaths, this, too shall pass.

SPhoenix
13 May 2013, 05:46
Hey, Malflick, everything okay up your way?

Doc_Holliday
24 May 2013, 20:14
Just half an hour ago my half black/half white cat got out of my house. I've been searching since but its midnight and I'm exhausted and he won't come to me if I call because he's always wanted to be outside.

He has no claws so if some big Cat comes to pick a fight with him he'll lose, badly.

I know this sounds weird coming from the Norse tough guy persona, but this little guy means a lot to me. Lost my last cat not long ago and I just got really fond of this one. Any prayers/good thoughts that he'll come back are extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Juniper
24 May 2013, 20:19
Hoping that the little guy comes back home to you.

volcaniclastic
24 May 2013, 20:24
Good luck finding your kitty! I'd be a mess if it was me!

Doc_Holliday
24 May 2013, 20:26
Thank you both very much

Doc_Holliday
26 May 2013, 07:17
Well, the little guy game back free of harm :) Thank you both again for the good thoughts!

wisp
21 Jun 2013, 10:21
Southern Alberta is flooding badly. Some towns are having people airlifted out. Calgary (my city) has a huge chunk of it evacuated. Downtown has been declared in a state of emergency. My husband and I are safe on our side of town, but I work downtown and got out of there yesterday just before evacuations reached us. We have friends who have been evacuated from their home at 2 am last night. The whole south half of this province is in a bit of a mess right now and it's still raining today.
Thoughts, prayers, candles, whatever for the many thousands of people (last I heard 100 000) displaced. Especially for those who are currently missing and their families.

Clive
21 Jun 2013, 21:07
My dads' cat, Phoebe, is old and thin. She became nervous during our absence and did not eat as much as she should have, and she's very weak. It looks like she might die, but we're trying to nurse her back to health and believe there's a halfway decent chance for her. We have a very simple, spontaneous altar to Bastet set up with prayers that whatever happens is what's best for Phoebe - help her heal if she can be saved, let her go peacefully if she cannot. Any prayers, vibes, candles, prayers (especially to Bastet if anyone has a special relationship with her). I've never worked with Bastet before, so this is a worship bargain - strictly business. I am, however, enjoying her presence. The incense of myrrh and catnip is lovely.

Thank you.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/NachtSorcier/Bastet_zps6883863b.jpg (http://s77.photobucket.com/user/NachtSorcier/media/Bastet_zps6883863b.jpg.html)

volcaniclastic
22 Jun 2013, 02:11
Prayers to both of you!

Wisp - I saw that on the news yesterday! Calgary is flooding so badly :(

DanieMarie
22 Jun 2013, 05:24
I have a lot of friends in Calgary...my prayers are definitely with them.

If people are praying for floods to let up, please add in the Elbe river in Saxony (Germany). It's been flooded for weeks, and parts are just not letting up, despite full emergency efforts.

Malflick
22 Jun 2013, 06:53
If you guys could pray for my girlfriend's father, I would appreciate it. His cancer treatment is... Not going well. He had an allergic reaction to his last chemo treatment, and the cancer has spread quite a lot...

MaskedOne
22 Jun 2013, 06:57
May fortune turn in his favor.

Blessings to him and his kin.

kijani
01 Jul 2013, 13:22
Hey guys -- I know I haven't been around a lot lately and I hate that. I also hate that I haven't been around a lot lately and one of the first forums I find myself in is this one, but if you guys could spare a moment for me and my family, that would be great. My grandfather passed last week. It was kind of sudden. He was old and lived a full life, but he wanted no service. His only wish was to be cremated as my grandmother was when she died in 2008. There was no memorial service. My grandparents wanted to be dispersed together, so my family hopes to hold some sort of ceremony later when we figure out what to do. In the meantime, if you could please keep us in your prayers, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hawkfeathers
01 Jul 2013, 13:37
Of course! Sorry for your loss.

Malflick
01 Jul 2013, 13:55
my sympathies. I'll be praying for you guys....

Heka
01 Jul 2013, 16:27
Sorry for your loss. I think it's beautiful that they want to be dispersed together. I'm sure you will figure out exactly what to do.

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 18:24
A family member of mine was out on his motorcycle when he was rear ended by a truck. I just got called with this information now, he has bad spine damage and we're not sure on his condition. We know that his bike was crushed so he can't be doing too well.

Any good thoughts and prayers for him while we find out more information are appreciated. Thanks.

Malflick
20 Jul 2013, 18:39
A family member of mine was out on his motorcycle when he was rear ended by a truck. I just got called with this information now, he has bad spine damage and we're not sure on his condition. We know that his bike was crushed so he can't be doing too well.

Any good thoughts and prayers for him while we find out more information are appreciated. Thanks.

I'll be praying. I hope the healing goes well...

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 18:48
I'll be praying. I hope the healing goes well...

Thanks Malflick.

I just got a call from the hospital, he was rushed into the ER and stabilized. He may not be able to walk, depending on the severity of damage to the spine. Worst part is he is a 16 hour ride from me so I can't just get up and visit him.

I'm very worried because he always used to say "I'd rather die than not be able to ride my bike and get in the wind, if I'm ever in the hospital and end up paralyzed, just pull the plug." Now obviously we aren't going to get him killed but I'm worried on the mental damage this will have with him.

Hawkfeathers
20 Jul 2013, 18:48

All good thoughts his way.

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 18:49
All good thoughts his way.

Thanks hawkfeathers

Malflick
20 Jul 2013, 18:53
Thanks Malflick.

I just got a call from the hospital, he was rushed into the ER and stabilized. He may not be able to walk, depending on the severity of damage to the spine. Worst part is he is a 16 hour ride from me so I can't just get up and visit him.

I'm very worried because he always used to say "I'd rather die than not be able to ride my bike and get in the wind, if I'm ever in the hospital and end up paralyzed, just pull the plug." Now obviously we aren't going to get him killed but I'm worried on the mental damage this will have with him.

:( Jesus... I hope he isn't paralyzed... But if he is, I hope he can find some meaning in his life. Losing what gives your life joy is a horrid thing...

So, praying... I really hope for the best. Take care Doc.

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 18:57
:( Jesus... I hope he isn't paralyzed... But if he is, I hope he can find some meaning in his life. Losing what gives your life joy is a horrid thing...

So, praying... I really hope for the best. Take care Doc.

I greatly appreciate it Malflick, I believe YHWH is very good at healing and your the only Christian bud I have so its very appreciated.

Astrayus
20 Jul 2013, 19:14
May I send a small candle spell his way?

Ljubezen
20 Jul 2013, 19:14
Thanks Malflick.

My thoughts and sympathies, hopefully he'll have a full recovery and be right back out there soon!

Yorin
20 Jul 2013, 19:17
*winces* ouch. My dad's a rider, and I don't know what I'd do if somethin were to happen to him like this. I'm so sorry to hear that Doc. I'll be sending prayers his way. Hopefully he'll be alright as long as he's got doctors who know what the hell they're doing.

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 19:31
May I send a small candle spell his way?
Of course, it would actually be very appreciated, thank you.

My thoughts and sympathies, hopefully he'll have a full recovery and be right back out there soon!
Thank you I hope so too.

*winces* ouch. My dad's a rider, and I don't know what I'd do if somethin were to happen to him like this. I'm so sorry to hear that Doc. I'll be sending prayers his way. Hopefully he'll be alright as long as he's got doctors who know what the hell they're doing.

Thank you very much, he's down in the states so I'm sure hes in a private care hospital. I just don't know how the care is going to get paid for now. So I have another thing to worry about.

Dumuzi
20 Jul 2013, 19:42
Thanks Malflick.

I really hope he becomes better. Keep us updated on his condition.

Doc_Holliday
20 Jul 2013, 19:48
I really hope he becomes better. Keep us updated on his condition.

Thank you very much Dumuzi, I'll keep you all updated.

I'm supposed to get another call in the morning so we'll see...

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
21 Jul 2013, 00:12

May he be well, safe, and happy very soon <3

Doc_Holliday
21 Jul 2013, 08:04
I got really good news this morning. The hospital called and the doctors and nurses were pleasantly surprised to see him get out of his hospital bed and walk into the hallway to ask the doctors what happened. This tells me two things, 1. He's not paralysed (Humongous relief) 2. His brain must be fine because he's drinking coffee now and thats all he ever does when he wakes up.

So thank you very much all of you for helping me and him out with prayers and thoughts, I'll talk to him on the phone soon probably.

In case you are all wondering I've been referring to him generally as family member and he/him but he's actually my uncle. So the whole family was really worried about him and I'm not sure if my mom got any sleep so I'm going to head over to see her too.

Thanks everybody.

Hawkfeathers
21 Jul 2013, 08:19
Excellent news!

Malflick
21 Jul 2013, 08:48
I'm so so very glad to hear that Doc :D!

Yorin
21 Jul 2013, 09:29
Thats awesome Doc! Glad he pulled through <3

Dumuzi
21 Jul 2013, 09:57
That is wonderful news! Hope he has a quick recovery!
:)

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
21 Jul 2013, 10:14
Awesome! So glad he's recovering :)

Doc_Holliday
21 Jul 2013, 11:02
Excellent news!

I'm so so very glad to hear that Doc :D!

Thats awesome Doc! Glad he pulled through <3

That is wonderful news! Hope he has a quick recovery!
:)

Awesome! So glad he's recovering :)

Thank you everybody, he is doing well.

he has to go for a lot of physiotherapy but it could have been much worse.

Yorin
21 Jul 2013, 11:16
Thank you everybody, he is doing well.

he has to go for a lot of physiotherapy but it could have been much worse.

hey, physical therapy is a lot better than paralyzed and never riding again. Hopefully he gets through it soon and is back out there and people stop being idiots and actually pay attention to motorcycle riders

Astrayus
21 Jul 2013, 12:53
Yay! I'm glad he's doing good, Doc. Tell him to take care~

Clive
21 Jul 2013, 14:08
A friend of my father's has a 20 year old daughter with what they call "brittle diabetes." She's also slightly mentally impaired (or maybe she's just dumb, I'm not really clear on that part), it seems, and doesn't care for herself properly - gives her assistance money to her boyfriend, still smokes, etc. Her mother is terrified that she's giving up on life and is going to die. We were at her house earlier and she was very emotional over it, and I promised her prayers. Any prayers for this girl's guidance and health and strength for her family would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

thalassa
21 Jul 2013, 14:35
Not a problem Clive!

Hawkfeathers
21 Jul 2013, 15:12
Of course, Clive! You got it.

Yorin
21 Jul 2013, 15:15
A friend of my father's has a 20 year old daughter with what they call "brittle diabetes." She's also slightly mentally impaired (or maybe she's just dumb, I'm not really clear on that part), it seems, and doesn't care for herself properly - gives her assistance money to her boyfriend, still smokes, etc. Her mother is terrified that she's giving up on life and is going to die. We were at her house earlier and she was very emotional over it, and I promised her prayers. Any prayers for this girl's guidance and health and strength for her family would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Ouch, sounds mildly like Aspbergers more than anything. But sure thing hun

Hawkfeathers
17 Aug 2013, 03:52
An old friend was in a bad motorcycle accident Thursday. He's still unconscious - not sure exactly what's going on. He & his wife live several hours away so I'm waiting for daily updates.....he is the person who originally mentioned my present town to me when I was considering moving, several years back, so I could say he changed my life.

Doc_Holliday
17 Aug 2013, 04:19
An old friend was in a bad motorcycle accident Thursday. He's still unconscious - not sure exactly what's going on. He & his wife live several hours away so I'm waiting for daily updates.....he is the person who originally mentioned my present town to me when I was considering moving, several years back, so I could say he changed my life.

Damn Hawkfeathers, I'm very sorry to hear that. I will do whatever I can in the way of Ritual/Prayer, I really hope he turns out okay. Thoughts are with you and your buddy.

Yorin
17 Aug 2013, 07:38

Hopefully it'll all be okay.

Side note-what is it with people getting into bike accidents lately >_<

Doc_Holliday
17 Aug 2013, 07:51
Hopefully it'll all be okay.

Side note-what is it with people getting into bike accidents lately >_<

If your in the biker community sometimes its all you ever hear about. Riders are vulnerable out on the roads.

Hawkfeathers
19 Aug 2013, 14:12
As of last night's update, he has still not regained consciousness.

Dumuzi
20 Aug 2013, 00:33

I really hope he gets better.

deathoria
23 Aug 2013, 08:57
Please help me keep at my journey of weightloss :)
and education and work as such.... things are hard :(

B. de Corbin
04 Sep 2013, 16:49
I don't know where to begin...

Those of you who know me are aware of my epic money troubles, that my job is on the line because teachers are being used as scapegoats and political sacrifices, and that, between the depression and panic attacks, I've been struggling to hold on to whatever bits of sanity I have left.

My wife, K'Roe, of course, has been going through the same things, including the panic attacks. If you don't know about panic disorder, I'll tell you that they are the most God-awful things ever. I'd rather have any number of broken bones - mental pain is more intense, and painful. Many people are diagnosed with panic disorder when they show up at the ER believing they are having a heart attack.

Once you've started having them, then almost anything can trigger it - like stepping out the door, or getting a little chill. And then - it's curl up in the fetal position, and cry like a baby.

I'm doing OK, all things considered. The meds keep me on my feet, and get me in & out of work, but K'Roe is still having big problems. She has panic attacks three out of five mornings. Today, it was so bad she had to call in sick, and when I got home from work, she was still shaking and crying.

So I'm sitting here tonight, making friends with a bottle, & to hell with work in the morning. She's finally asleep, and hopefully peaceful. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I can't make it without her, and she can't make it without me, and both of us are falling apart.

Whatever you can do, or think you can do - strike a fire, light a candle, cast powders upon the water, whatever - please do it for K'Roe. The woman is a frick in' angel (she's put up with me for over thirty years!), and she doesn't deserve any of this crap, and I don't seem to be able to do anything to help.

Thanks.

MaskedOne
04 Sep 2013, 17:22
May Fortune act in her favor.

Blessings to you both.

Heka
05 Sep 2013, 03:23
My thoughts and prayers to you and her.

anunitu
05 Sep 2013, 05:04
B. De,been there with the panic attacks and they really suck. Hoping things get better. Sometimes all you can do is keep on keeping on,but I know how hard that can be sometimes. Many blessings to you and your Wife,stay strong my friend.

Erika
05 Sep 2013, 05:54
Thoughts and blessings to you both - it will get better.

Shahaku
05 Sep 2013, 08:20
Blessings and luck to the both of you. I hope things start to look brighter before too long.

B. de Corbin
06 Sep 2013, 15:59
Thanks, ya' all!

Things better today, & be back soon.

Hawkfeathers
06 Sep 2013, 17:23
Glad today was better! Hope things continue in that direction, B.

Monk
16 Sep 2013, 20:32
Corbin both of you can call us anytime if you need or want to talk. Sorry that I got here late, know that all candles are lit and thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Duggan my constant companion(I don't fell right saying dog because he was so much more.)for the last twelve years had to be put down today. He kept me sane and brought me though my darkest moments. There is a very large hole in my heart that will never be fully healed. Please say a prayer for him.

May his journey be swift and his rewards great!
We all miss you so much.

InspiringRaine
17 Sep 2013, 07:24
B. de Corbin,

I will put you and your wife in my prayers, even if the response is very late. Many blessings will be sent your way.

Clive
17 Sep 2013, 09:32
Corbin, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. If financial problems weren't bad enough, panic attacks can be a picnic, but there's ground glass in all the food. You and your wife will be in my prayers, and I recommend chamomile, passion flower and catnip. However you feel comfortable ingesting herbs, those three are great for counteracting anxiety. I wish you both the best.

Ljubezen
17 Sep 2013, 09:54
Sorry to hear about your troubles Corbin, at least I can relate on the panic attack front. :) I know it's not much, but it makes a difference and it's something that I am being forced to do for myself by dozens of other people out there right now.

Take the time to do something just for yourself every day. Tell your wife to do the same. It's called Self Care, and it's extremely important if you want to stave off burnout. It helps with the anxiety, it helps you cope with day to day life when things are hard, and everyone has to do it to stay healthy. It doesn't even have to be a huge, time-consuming thing (one of mine is to simply read a chapter of my book at night before bed and on breaks at work).

If you ever need to talk, I'm pretty good at being a listener. :) I hope things take a turn for the better soon for both of you.

Hawkfeathers
17 Sep 2013, 10:07
Corbin both of you can call us anytime if you need or want to talk. Sorry that I got here late, know that all candles are lit and thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Duggan my constant companion(I don't fell right saying dog because he was so much more.)for the last twelve years had to be put down today. He kept me sane and brought me though my darkest moments. There is a very large hole in my heart that will never be fully healed. Please say a prayer for him.

May his journey be swift and his rewards great!
We all miss you so much.
Sorry to hear of your loss of Duggan.

B. de Corbin
18 Sep 2013, 04:03
Thanks, and thanks for the suggestions.

Clive, I've been using the herbs you recommend, as well as a tea made from kava-kava. They help settle me down in the morning.

Ljubezen, thank you. Wife and I watch "Fringe" over and over again. Walter makes me laugh, 'cause he reminds me of me. But we have to find some other entertaining things to do as well.

Monk - you know how sorry I am to hear about Duggan. Hopefully the Dingo and the Ugly Ankle Biter are taking it well.

K'Roe and I had a huge meltdown last weekend, but we've recovered. That's the thing - it gets good, then real bad, then good again. I feel like I'm the roller coaster king, ODing on adrenaline...

Shahaku
18 Sep 2013, 08:04
My dad's going down a real bad slope into depression. Time's are tough, my mother is a bitch, and when you only get $11 out of a $500+ check due to alimony... I'd be depressed too. This last weekend he left a suicide note for me and his girlfriend, but he couldn't go through with it so thank goodness he's still with us. He's seeing a doc now, but we could use all the prayer, candles, etc anyone's willing to put out there. Appreciate it.

Monk
18 Sep 2013, 11:32
Thank you Hawkfeathers.

Corbin the other two are more than a little out of sorts with his passing.

Shahaku I will add you and your father to my prayers.

Well if this week didn't suck enough I've been put in the hospital because of a nasty infection in my right arm. I saw the red streak running up my arm this morning and went to the doc and here I am. Please put in a good word for me with the powers that be.

Shahaku
18 Sep 2013, 21:11
Will do, Monk, sorry to hear about that.

Monk
19 Sep 2013, 17:36
Thank you Shahaku.

anunitu
20 Sep 2013, 03:54
Hoping things are ok Monk,Being old myself I know how things just come out of the blue sometimes. Stay positive if you can Monk is all I think you can do sometimes.

Monk
22 Sep 2013, 13:21
Hoping things are ok Monk,Being old myself I know how things just come out of the blue sometimes. Stay positive if you can Monk is all I think you can do sometimes.

Thank's.
The wife and I took our tent and are presently recouperating in a state park for a few days. Nothing makes me feel better than the woods.

Daughter of Toothless
09 Oct 2013, 18:41
I just got a call from my long time friend and he told me that he has been arrested for a crime he didn't commit. He was talking about his feelings with his friend and she thought he was threatening to kill her, which he wasn't. He has his trial on the 30th so if you all could keep him in your prayers for me would be highly appreciated.

volcaniclastic
09 Oct 2013, 20:50
I just got a call from my long time friend and he told me that he has been arrested for a crime he didn't commit. He was talking about his feelings with his friend and she thought he was threatening to kill her, which he wasn't. He has his trial on the 30th so if you all could keep him in your prayers for me would be highly appreciated.

How do you mistake the two? They are pretty different things. Well, you know...until they aren't.

Daughter of Toothless
10 Oct 2013, 17:34
I know right! But knowing him, I know he wouldn't harm anyone. Either he must have a rather morbid sense of humor or his friend is as confused as a Zippleback.

Shahaku
16 Oct 2013, 17:19
My dads n the hospital in critical. Pls light a candle or whatever u do. Appreciate it.

Monk
16 Oct 2013, 20:18
My dads n the hospital in critical. Pls light a candle or whatever u do. Appreciate it.

Will do.
Thinking of you and your father Shahaku.

anubisa
16 Oct 2013, 22:11
Would you all please pray for my little nephew Ayden? He has his first cold and we are really worried about him. I appreciate the prayers. Thank you.

Raphaeline
17 Oct 2013, 06:24
If anyone can, please spare a prayer for my cousin. Something happened last night and she was unresponsive, so they called an ambulance, and at the hospital when she finally woke up, she didn't know where she was and couldn't remember who anyone was. They don't know what happened, but they sent her home. I'm really worried about her!

anubisa
17 Oct 2013, 13:36
I would appreciate you all praying for me. I have a cold. I think I got it from my nephew. Thank you.

Shahaku
17 Oct 2013, 16:53
Anubisa and Rafe, will do. I hope you and your nephew get will soon, Anu. And I hope everything turns out alright with your cousin, Rafe.

Shit hit the fan with my dad today. He's awake and off the ventilator and physically he's doing well. But those of us in the family had to make the tough decision that if he won't cooperate, we will get a court order requiring him to stay in the mental ward. A lot of info came to light today to those of us in the family that has really affected our perspective of this situation. We knew from the start it was a suicide attempt, but many of the details of the why and how came to light when my dad became conscious and some tough decisions had to be made in his best interest. Needless to say he is very unhappy and angry right. When he's awake enough to feel that way. I appreciate everyone who is keeping us in their thoughts.

anubisa
17 Oct 2013, 18:55
I will be praying for you Shahaku. Thanks for praying for my nephew.

Raphaeline
17 Nov 2013, 14:22
I'd appreciate spare positive energy/prayers/thoughts for the girl-child - while her Daddy was making breakfast this morning, she apparently felt the urge to help out and put her hand on the burner. She's got second degree burns that have been making her miserable all day. She's holding up alright under the circumstances but the poor thing just doesn't understand what happened and why it won't go away.

Doc_Holliday
17 Nov 2013, 17:17
Well folks, I don't know how to start.

4 days ago my sister had a miscarriage half way into her pregnancy. She went into induced labor and gave birth to a dead child, named Forrest. It was very sad for the whole family, I got to see him, and the nurses tried to take an ink foot print so we could hold on to it, but his foot was too disfigured. I spent the rest of that day feeling light headed and like I was going to puke, but I feel much better now and at peace with it, I already miss the little guy even though I never got to meet him or talk to him, I am sad at the fact that I wont be able to shoot bb guns with him, take him dirt biking and just spoiling him. But in the middle of my mourning, I realized how bad my sister must be doing, and I was right.

As of tonight she has gone suicidal, saying things like she does not want to live, and refusing to eat anything. She is being taken to a psychiatric care unit in the regional hospital.

So basically, if there are any good vibes/energy and prayers you can give to my sister, her departed son and my family, that would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Rowanwood
17 Nov 2013, 17:21

4 days ago my sister had a miscarriage half way into her pregnancy. She went into induced labor and gave birth to a dead child, named Forrest. It was very sad for the whole family, I got to see him, and the nurses tried to take an ink foot print so we could hold on to it, but his foot was too disfigured. I spent the rest of that day feeling light headed and like I was going to puke, but I feel much better now and at peace with it, I already miss the little guy even though I never got to meet him or talk to him, I am sad at the fact that I wont be able to shoot bb guns with him, take him dirt biking and just spoiling him. But in the middle of my mourning, I realized how bad my sister must be doing, and I was right.

As of tonight she has gone suicidal, saying things like she does not want to live, and refusing to eat anything. She is being taken to a psychiatric care unit in the regional hospital.

So basically, if there are any good vibes/energy and prayers you can give to my sister, her departed son and my family, that would be very appreciated. Thanks.

How sad. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. I'll send whatever I can your way.

Malflick
17 Nov 2013, 17:21

Jesus... I am so so sorry... I'll be praying for her and yours Doc. Take care.

Doc_Holliday
17 Nov 2013, 17:24
How sad. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. I'll send whatever I can your way.
Thank you very much

Jesus... I am so so sorry... I'll be praying for her and yours Doc. Take care.

Thanks a lot Malflick.

Nightingale
17 Nov 2013, 17:30

I will be praying for you too. Wow, I really hope your sister is okay.

Yorin
17 Nov 2013, 17:41
Oh damn Doc......I....I can't imagine that feeling. This doesn't even begin to come close and just feels cheap to me, but I'm so sorry you and she have to go through that. I hope she's gunna be okay, and you too. I'll light a candle and pray for you guys :'(

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
17 Nov 2013, 19:31

Oh wow, Doc. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how rough that must be for the whole family. My thoughts are with you.

Yorin
28 Nov 2013, 09:51
I normally don't do this, but I'm feeling really scared right now. This morning (about 3:30am) I got woken up by a call from the emergency dispatchers in Ohio (I'm in Florida) that they were taking my grandmother to the ER because her arm was hurting. All they knew and could tell me was what hospital they were taking her, and that her arm hurt. Even they didn't know anything else at that point. 3:30am me is freaked the hell out thinking my grandma had a heartattack, but because it's 3:30 am-I can't call family and go "what the hell is going on". Nor could I call at 7am when I woke up for work.

Got on my lunch break-called and found out that apparently my grandma fell again and this time broke her shoulder in three places. My aunt that I got ahold of said that she's been walking on two broken ankles (how the hell-I have no idea, but she was) and that this isn't the first time she fell. Its been happening a LOT lately, and the guy that's with her can't keep picking her up. Last really bad time she gave herself a concussion.... They're going to be doing surgery tomorrow at 1pm to try and fix her shoulder, but we're not sure what's gunna go on with her ankles. When I called and talked to her, she was pretty bad. I don't know what drugs they had her on, but she sounded just like how my mom did when she was drugged up in a hospice. Too out of it, and not understanding what was going on-and that scares the crap out of me. Apparently the reason she fell was cause for some gods only know reason she decided at 3am that she needed to be putting lipstick on....

I know that there's not much to do about it-she's getting old, this kind of stuff happens....but if anyone minds saying a prayer hoping that she'll get through the surgery okay and that her mind will start to clear up more (more so that second one as I do trust the doctors at the hospital she's at to do their jobs right) I'd really appreciate it. She's bat shit crazy, but she's still my grandma, and the one that was there for me the most after my mom died, and out of that entire side of the family-the only one that's ever seen and loved me for me instead of being my mothers daughter like the rest of them do....and I'm really scared to lose her like this.

Malflick
28 Nov 2013, 11:16
I normally don't do this, but I'm feeling really scared right now. This morning (about 3:30am) I got woken up by a call from the emergency dispatchers in Ohio (I'm in Florida) that they were taking my grandmother to the ER because her arm was hurting. All they knew and could tell me was what hospital they were taking her, and that her arm hurt. Even they didn't know anything else at that point. 3:30am me is freaked the hell out thinking my grandma had a heartattack, but because it's 3:30 am-I can't call family and go "what the hell is going on". Nor could I call at 7am when I woke up for work.

Got on my lunch break-called and found out that apparently my grandma fell again and this time broke her shoulder in three places. My aunt that I got ahold of said that she's been walking on two broken ankles (how the hell-I have no idea, but she was) and that this isn't the first time she fell. Its been happening a LOT lately, and the guy that's with her can't keep picking her up. Last really bad time she gave herself a concussion.... They're going to be doing surgery tomorrow at 1pm to try and fix her shoulder, but we're not sure what's gunna go on with her ankles. When I called and talked to her, she was pretty bad. I don't know what drugs they had her on, but she sounded just like how my mom did when she was drugged up in a hospice. Too out of it, and not understanding what was going on-and that scares the crap out of me. Apparently the reason she fell was cause for some gods only know reason she decided at 3am that she needed to be putting lipstick on....

I know that there's not much to do about it-she's getting old, this kind of stuff happens....but if anyone minds saying a prayer hoping that she'll get through the surgery okay and that her mind will start to clear up more (more so that second one as I do trust the doctors at the hospital she's at to do their jobs right) I'd really appreciate it. She's bat shit crazy, but she's still my grandma, and the one that was there for me the most after my mom died, and out of that entire side of the family-the only one that's ever seen and loved me for me instead of being my mothers daughter like the rest of them do....and I'm really scared to lose her like this.

Prayers will be given <3

Yorin
28 Nov 2013, 23:03
Prayers will be given <3

thanks Mal <3

Lilium of the Valley
29 Nov 2013, 01:30

I'm sorry to hear this my dear, there is no question needed, of course i will include this into my thoughts and prayers. I hope things get better really quickly!! Hang in there <3

Shahaku
29 Nov 2013, 09:49
Yorin, I'm so sorry to here about your grandma. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Doc, I'm really sorry I missed your post, but I hope things are improving, as much as they can be in such a situation, with your sister and all your family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

KahlanAmnell
29 Nov 2013, 17:13
Will you please pray for pain abatement for me?

B. de Corbin
29 Nov 2013, 18:14
Will you please pray for pain abatement for me?

Yes, definitely.

Best wishes, and all my meager magic goes to you, KahlanAmnell!

KahlanAmnell
30 Nov 2013, 07:15
Yes, definitely.

Best wishes, and all my meager magic goes to you, KahlanAmnell!

Thank you.

Daughter of Toothless
15 Jan 2014, 19:42
So apparently, I found out just today at my school that the school district has expelled a friend of mine simply because he was walking a girl home and to school during lunch. Apparently, they thought he must've done some horrible thing to her when even she protested against it. So yeah, I could use a few prayers here.

Chris
16 Jan 2014, 05:46
So apparently, I found out just today at my school that the school district has expelled a friend of mine simply because he was walking a girl home and to school during lunch. Apparently, they thought he must've done some horrible thing to her when even she protested against it. So yeah, I could use a few prayers here.

blimey that's harsh..

anubisa
16 Jan 2014, 22:26

Praying hon. That's really weird to expel someone without even getting the full story.

Dez
28 Jan 2014, 10:10
Please, please send prayers to my BIL. It has been an immense act of bravery and courage for him to move following the passing of his husband. On Monday morning, his uhaul containing everyone he owned was stolen in the 4 hours of the early morning between when we arrived home and my husband left for work.

It was found late last night up in Oakland. The lock had been cut and absolutely everything is gone. He has one pair of clothes, a laptop, his cats, and the ashes of his late husband. That's it. All of his pictures of his spouse, resume, birth certificate...gone.

Please send whatever you can his way. Thank you.

Rowanwood
28 Jan 2014, 10:13
Please, please send prayers to my BIL. It has been an immense act of bravery and courage for him to move following the passing of his husband. On Monday morning, his uhaul containing everyone he owned was stolen in the 4 hours of the early morning between when we arrived home and my husband left for work.

It was found late last night up in Oakland. The lock had been cut and absolutely everything is gone. He has one pair of clothes, a laptop, his cats, and the ashes of his late husband. That's it. All of his pictures of his spouse, resume, birth certificate...gone.

OMG how horrible. Good vibes his way.....

thalassa
28 Jan 2014, 11:00

Oh, geeze...is this maybe one of those things they can put in the news? Sometimes that stuff will come back :(

Shahaku
28 Jan 2014, 12:36
Wow Dez, I'm really sorry to hear about that. Best wishes to your friend. That would be a hell of a hard blow.

Clive
29 Jan 2014, 09:40

Good God, that's awful, to say the least. I do hope he can get some public exposure in the hopes that he may have at least some of his belongings returned to him. He needs all the hope and support he can get right now. You will all be in my prayers.

Nightingale
05 Mar 2014, 21:07
My college has really terrible sexual assault policies right now which are causing a lot of harm to students, and a friend and I have started a campaign to try and change these. We scheduled a meeting to speak with the Dean about them tomorrow and tell him our demands. Thing is, the Dean is a really difficult man to deal with, and I am actually very nervous about speaking to him. Any positive energy you guys could send our way would be much appreciated.

MaskedOne
05 Mar 2014, 21:56
One would've hoped that given the type of hell rained down upon Penn State for screw-ups related to sexual assault, that colleges would be motivated to improve on that issue. May things go well for you.

Nightingale
06 Mar 2014, 07:34
One would've hoped that given the type of hell rained down upon Penn State for screw-ups related to sexual assault, that colleges would be motivated to improve on that issue. May things go well for you.

thank you, Masked

Nightingale
06 Mar 2014, 09:02
the meeting went much better than anticipated, so thank you all!

Malflick
06 Mar 2014, 13:31
the meeting went much better than anticipated, so thank you all!
So very glad to hear it.

SilentWander
27 Apr 2014, 11:21
Sending healing thoughts to all who need them.

Hawkfeathers
28 Apr 2014, 11:17
Just found out that one of my friends lost her Dad in a tornado in Mayflower AR last night. Asking for some kind energies/prayers for her in this painful time.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
28 Apr 2014, 12:17
Just found out that one of my friends lost her Dad in a tornado in Mayflower AR last night. Asking for some kind energies/prayers for her in this painful time.

Oh wow. Things like that make me realize how small a lot of my problems really are. She'll be in my meditations.

anunitu
28 Apr 2014, 13:15
Sorry to hear this Hawk,makes one think just how random things can go with weather and how you have to live day to day. My thoughts and heart are here for them.

nbdy
29 Apr 2014, 05:46
My thoughts and prayers, Hawkfeather. The weather out there has been alarming.

Clive
29 Apr 2014, 12:13
I saw about those tornadoes on the news last night. Terrible. Thoughts and prayers for your friend's family.

Doc_Holliday
21 Sep 2014, 19:54
Hey guys, I'm kinda down and out here and could use some help. Its not huge stuff, just stressful, very stressful.

My work has slowed down because the states (no hard feelings) has been competing so hard in the labour market that I have little work/little cash coming in. So some prayers there would be helpful, since I have a lot of things I need to spend cash on. Girlfriends university, bills and other things. So thanks.

Also my sister has been going down a wrong road again. She's been 'off' since she had the miscarriage last year, and she seems to be quite self destructive. She gets stoned/drunk nightly, spends all her time with her boyfriend (Who I haven't met after months) and isn't focusing on bettering herself which she desperately needs to be doing. So some prayers there would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time guys, have a good one.

Heka
21 Sep 2014, 22:08
Hey guys, I'm kinda down and out here and could use some help. Its not huge stuff, just stressful, very stressful.

My work has slowed down because the states (no hard feelings) has been competing so hard in the labour market that I have little work/little cash coming in. So some prayers there would be helpful, since I have a lot of things I need to spend cash on. Girlfriends university, bills and other things. So thanks.

Also my sister has been going down a wrong road again. She's been 'off' since she had the miscarriage last year, and she seems to be quite self destructive. She gets stoned/drunk nightly, spends all her time with her boyfriend (Who I haven't met after months) and isn't focusing on bettering herself which she desperately needs to be doing. So some prayers there would be appreciated.

Good thoughts and wishes sent :) I hope things sort themself out soon x

Munin-Hugin
22 Sep 2014, 02:29

My thoughts are with you, Doc.

loststarshine
22 Sep 2014, 14:01

Sorry to hear this I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Malflick
22 Sep 2014, 19:31

You got it sir. Take care.

Doc_Holliday
23 Sep 2014, 16:30
Thanks guys for the kind thoughts, work has already picked up a bit.

Odahviing
24 Sep 2014, 11:30
Hi everyone! I have a favor to ask... I know I am new here but I know someone that is in some serious need for support and help.
My hubby's uncles wife has Multiple Sclerosis that is deteriorating real fast, none of her medication is working anymore. So she has just begun an incredibly experimental stem cell treatment and her chances for pulling through are not that great... Apparently there have only been twelve of these treatments performed in Europe so far and not even half have been successful.
Anyway, whoever feels like sending out some good vibes for her, we would be grateful. She's going to need all the help she can get. Thanks beforehand! :)

loststarshine
24 Sep 2014, 15:53
Hi everyone! I have a favor to ask... I know I am new here but I know someone that is in some serious need for support and help.
My hubby's uncles wife has Multiple Sclerosis that is deteriorating real fast, none of her medication is working anymore. So she has just begun an incredibly experimental stem cell treatment and her chances for pulling through are not that great... Apparently there have only been twelve of these treatments performed in Europe so far and not even half have been successful.
Anyway, whoever feels like sending out some good vibes for her, we would be grateful. She's going to need all the help she can get. Thanks beforehand! :)

:( I am sorry to hear that I will keep her in my thoughts

thalassa
25 Sep 2014, 10:21

Yes! I can definately do this!

*also Doc, for you too....glad to hear things are a bit up already

Odahviing
26 Sep 2014, 14:12
Thank guys :)