PDA

View Full Version : Name the animal you're most drawn to

Naiad
05 Jul 2013, 22:54
this is really more of a survey for just curiosity. name whatever animal you're most drawn to/animal totem/spirit guide you have (I know I might have used the last two incorrectly because I don't know much about them, so I apologize). general or specific.

mine is white tail deer

Walkingman
05 Jul 2013, 23:17
Mine would be the crow. They are everywhere where I live. I like to think that they watch out for me as I go about my day. I don't know about them as a totem animal. I think of the crow as a guardian of some sort.

monsno_leedra
05 Jul 2013, 23:19
It's late and I just woke up so hopefully this makes sense.

For me I can't say this one creature as it varies for me. Variations due not only to what I need at that moment or instance in time but also based upon who or what they represent to me.

Mythological wise it has to be either a Dragon or Hydra. I have statuary of them all over the house and around my desk especially. We just moved so a lot of them are still packed up or in storage but they are still there.

Spiritual wise it has to be a White or Snow Leopard though the White Tiger holds a close point to it. I switch back and forth with them. Wolf as a clan and house totem, especially it's association to the water element.

As a guide it has to be Heron as it appears to me everywhere. While I know very few visitations / sittings have any guide meaning just the site of one sends my mind off into thoughts of their tri-sphere interactions.

Totem or divine representative it has to be Deer in general. Where I live it's mostly White Tailed Deer though I find Mule Deer interesting and like Caribou and Moose as examples of the same general grouping type.

Sorry got long winded there.

Poshi
05 Jul 2013, 23:30
A snowy owl is an animal I definitely relate to. I wouldn't call it a spirit guide, because I don't feel I know myself well enough at this point to say that.

Dumuzi
06 Jul 2013, 00:26
I'm mostly drawn to female homo sapiens.

WinterTraditions
06 Jul 2013, 01:48

HA! You wouldn't be drawn to me.

Mythological.... Do angels (specifically Archangels) count? If not.. Hm. Tengu.

Otherwise.... Hamsters. Hamsters are amazing. So are Hummingbirds.

Heka
06 Jul 2013, 02:03

haha you are getting skanky! HaHa

i have no idea what my animal would be. One day I hope to find out.

Gardenia
06 Jul 2013, 02:55
Mice, honeybees, rabbits, bears and stags are all sort of 'recurring spiritual themes' for lack of a better term. Hard to pick just one, as they all sort of stick around in the same frequency... not as individual spirit guides or anything, but in a broader sense.

Kahlenda
06 Jul 2013, 03:14
/well i dont know about my animal guide or spirit guide but i can tell you my favourite animal is the european wolf, im obssessed i have tonnes of wolf things, ornaments pictures even towels i love wolves i always have since well before i became pagan

Quetzal
06 Jul 2013, 03:56
The resplendent quetzel. You're all shocked by this revelation right?

Hawkfeathers
06 Jul 2013, 06:39
Hawk and horse.

Oden_son
06 Jul 2013, 06:52
I think my spirit animals are the black bear, stag and cardinal. Cardinals haven't been showing up so much lately, I'm thinking they might be finished with me for now, but the black bear I think will always be a part of my life.

Willow
06 Jul 2013, 07:45
Sharks, snow leopards, harbor seals, and crows. ^^

MaskedOne
06 Jul 2013, 13:56
Bears, Raptors, certain whales. Don't really have an overriding preference but I'm fond of each.

Rae'ya
06 Jul 2013, 22:45
I work with animal guides as part of my practice, so you could say I'm drawn to them all. I'm also a vet nurse, so animals are not only my spiritual practice, but my regular job as well.

My primary, lifelong animal guide is Horse. Horse has been with me for as long as I can remember, and will continue to be with me always.

bluewind
07 Jul 2013, 07:05
I like hawks riding the currents of the wind in a blue sky dreaming.

Medusa
07 Jul 2013, 21:28
Cat. Yeah, I know they are so IN. But seriously. When I was a little girl, I had a crappy childhood. And instead of playing with humans my own age, *5 yo, or being inside the house with people that weren't good folks..I would rather stay outside in the alley with the cats. I even caught ringworm from sleeping with the cats in the back alley. Later when I was about 9, I would play a game. I'd sit in the backyard or in the alley and wait for stray wild cats. And I would tame them. I'd spend hours being still and getting them to move closer to me. There is just something about cats and me. There is a real primal element I like about cats. Their independence. Their aloof nature to be on the outskirts of civilization. It just suits me.

Doc_Holliday
07 Jul 2013, 21:36
The Raven, for many reasons.

One of the animals of Odin.

Extremely intelligent, capable of talking a little bit.

Matte Black, always good.

I have a few around here, one landed on my windows sill and looked at me for a bit recently.

Symbol of war, so kind of badass.

InspiringRaine
07 Jul 2013, 21:48
Big cats, Particularily the American Lion. They're extinct now, but I love anything about them. Completely fascinated, really. I also really love Cougars, and Leopards. They're gorgous and powerful animals, both physically and Energetically. Though, I have never looked into them actually being my spirit animals. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say the American Lion would be.

I like my house kitty too :). She's adorable.

wisp
07 Jul 2013, 21:52
Spiritually: Arctic Fox, Snowy Owl, Bear and Frog

Just cuz I really like them and they make me squee: Lemurs (ring-tailed specific) and moose and beavers and deer

Heka
07 Jul 2013, 22:00
Ya know, I just thought... I'm if the opinion that if something occupies your mind often enough you should pay attention to it, someone is trying to tell you something...

So Turtles! More specifically the Murray Short Necked Tortoise. I've wanted one my entire life. I'll be getting one soon and I'm so excited. Hubby buys me turtle things cos he knows I love em. So Turtle! Aha! Perhaps I have an animal spirit after all....? :D

InspiringRaine
07 Jul 2013, 22:06
Ya know, I just thought... I'm if the opinion that if something occupies your mind often enough you should pay attention to it, someone is trying to tell you something...

So Turtles! More specifically the Murray Short Necked Tortoise. I've wanted one my entire life. I'll be getting one soon and I'm so excited. Hubby buys me turtle things cos he knows I love em. So Turtle! Aha! Perhaps I have an animal spirit after all....? :D

I've totally wanted a turtle since I was like, five. But that's almost like a little girl who wanted a pony for her birthday, and then forgets all about it until somebody reminds her.

Good luck witn your new Turtle, though!

Heka
07 Jul 2013, 22:14
I've totally wanted a turtle since I was like, five. But that's almost like a little girl who wanted a pony for her birthday, and then forgets all about it until somebody reminds her.

Good luck witn your new Turtle, though!

haha no, I can't stand horses! Haha... And this obsession started at about age 9, so neeerrrr! Haha

Maria de Luna
08 Jul 2013, 01:15
Cats (of any type, wild or otherwise, big or small, I don't care.) and Crows. MOstly just them, some others have come and go spiritually. (there was a baby barn owl for a little while, it didn't get along with the crow....)

Jera
08 Jul 2013, 02:33
Cats (domestic and big), bats, and...manatees. I'm not entirely certain what it is about the manatee that grabbed my attention, but I think they're such lovely, calming creatures. Bats are just adorable and I am a bona fide crazy cat lady.

jcaternolo
08 Jul 2013, 05:33
I find myself most drawn to foxes, although my spirit animal might be a white cat (although in one dream I dreamed of a dog that changed to a girl in a white dress, so for all I know it could be a fox spirit who for some reason mostly appears to me in cat form)

Thothur
08 Jul 2013, 08:45
Cats. And the Turul.

Corvus
08 Jul 2013, 09:56
Crows, Cats, Snakes, and Cicadas (who recently had a mass emergence just south of here).

InspiringRaine
08 Jul 2013, 13:03
haha no, I can't stand horses! Haha... And this obsession started at about age 9, so neeerrrr! Haha

Haha. That's awesome actually. You should let us know what you name it?

Heka
08 Jul 2013, 14:19
Haha. That's awesome actually. You should let us know what you name it?

for sure. Currently I'm thinking Nymeria, but that'll depends on what it looks like and what feels right when I get it.

Gleb
20 Jul 2013, 21:51
I am connected with cats. There are many of them where I live. I feel they protect me. I see cats almost everywhere.

Yorin
20 Jul 2013, 23:33
Honestly for me, its snakes an lizards for me. I think its because my spirit animals have always been dragons ever since I was a little kid, and they're the closest things I can get to nowadays.

Makes me miss my baby corn snake I had. She used to sit and curl herself around my glasses and just rest there by my head, sitting there contently and enjoying my body heat for hours.

Riothamus12
20 Jul 2013, 23:41
The wolf, otter, falcon, and horse.

iflewoverthecuckoosnest
21 Jul 2013, 00:11
Owls, stags, moths, and elephants, for sure.

Astrayus
22 Jul 2013, 16:10
Spiritually? I have often communicated with snakes and have been led by large black dogs while meditating.

In real life: Otters. They're so cute and all they do is play, eat, sleep and procreate! Sounds like a nice life.

callmeclemens
22 Jul 2013, 19:25
Northern mammals, Elk Caribu, Moose, and then Bison.

EndlessCravings
22 Jul 2013, 19:28
The animal I am most drawn to is the Panther. I like felines.

- - - Updated - - -

I would really have to say anything feline related. Independent,graceful,pretty, and predators.

Claude
22 Jul 2013, 19:42
crow snake deer

lillywolf
22 Jul 2013, 21:30
I am most drawn to wolves, such incredible creatures and they match me in a lot of my attributes too (personality wise). I am also drawn to horses, that has been my profession from school age. What a strange combo, the hunter and the hunted

Bobbybobby99
23 Jul 2013, 02:54
My spirit animal :The giant pacific octopus :)
My favorite animal :Alternates between blue tounge skinks and boa constrictors :D

Unlogisch
23 Jul 2013, 04:24
Kitteh! <3 .>w<. Seriously, though, I am a freaking cat-magnet. .o-o.

Zarynyll
28 Jul 2013, 07:17
Wolves. Ever since I was a little girl I have always love them. I tend to lean toward dogs as pets, since a wolf is a little more difficult to get as a one.

dgirl1986
28 Jul 2013, 18:25
this is really more of a survey for just curiosity. name whatever animal you're most drawn to/animal totem/spirit guide you have (I know I might have used the last two incorrectly because I don't know much about them, so I apologize). general or specific.

mine is white tail deer

In day to day life I am drawn to kitty cats. In my spiritual life with guides/totems it seems to be the big cat with the big mane (Lion).

Ukiuq
28 Jul 2013, 21:47
Geese. Geese have always drawn me ever since I was a small child. They're my favorite animal, hands down. Sometimes they appear in my dreams, too.

Bjorn
30 Jul 2013, 00:52
Despite what my name suggests, Bear has only ever been a spiritual guide and mentor for me. We hibernate within each other like lost friends, rediscovering each other cyclically like clockwork. As for bears in real life, I've never seen one out in the open (but this is because I live in KS, where bears have the good sense not to be).

SO, speaking of animals that I actually encounter and that seem to have an affinity for me, MOTH. Mother Moth is a powerful one of my guides, reminding me to never underestimate my femininity or the power of subtlety.

Unlogisch
01 Aug 2013, 00:38
Despite what my name suggests, Bear has only ever been a spiritual guide and mentor for me. We hibernate within each other like lost friends, rediscovering each other cyclically like clockwork. As for bears in real life, I've never seen one out in the open (but this is because I live in KS, where bears have the good sense not to be).

Speaking as someone who lives in a state where bears actually live: you'd probably be better off not actually seeing one out in the open. xD

monsno_leedra
01 Aug 2013, 04:43
Speaking as someone who lives in a state where bears actually live: you'd probably be better off not actually seeing one out in the open. xD

I'd guess that would depend upon which type of bear it is. West Virginia has a lot of Brown / Black bears and we see them quite a bit. About the only time we have to worry is when they have a cub or cubs with an adult for then the mother gets really touchy if you come between her and her cub(s).

I recall a few years ago when I was going to work coming around a curve on the mountain to encounter a Black Bear sitting in a breakdown spot eating the remains of a McDonalds French Fries from the box. Not once paying attention to the cars that slowed down to observe it as it sat upright and chowed down. I think the most potentially dangerous encounter I ever had was walking into an orchard near the top of a mountain at dusk and seeing a large rock stand up to grab an apple and only then realizing it was a large bear I had seen in the shadows and had been walking towards.

This is not to say they are not dangerous and have not hurt people though. Like any wild animal they have to be respected and one has to be aware of them and the potential for danger.

Ophidia
01 Aug 2013, 05:47
I'm a dog person. Totally, utterly and completely in love with dogs. Especially my dog, lol. I have a serious yearning to work with exotic sighthounds, but I think my next dog is going to be a rescued greyhound, since that's probably the closest I'll ever get to something like a sloughi. And I love my snakies, too - especially boas and pythons :)

Spiritually speaking... Stags, bears, seals, coyotes, bees, and the Columbian mammoth.

Chessa
01 Aug 2013, 07:21
For me, it's the small domestic birds, especially the hummingbird and swallow. And cats, cats are good.

Meadowstar
08 Aug 2013, 13:10
My totems were never something I really expected. They just came to me through many dreams.

Like one night, I had dreamt I was standing in a field. In front of me, was a bear, who

- - - Updated - - -

Oops.... I accidentally hit Enter. Can someone please delete my message? Thanks in advance!

Anyhow, what I was going to say was this:

My totems were never something I really expected. They just came to me through many dreams.

Like one night, I had dreamt I was standing in a field. In front of me, was a bear, who was staring at me. But yet the bear hadn't acted in any aggressive manner at all. You can say that the bear was staring at me in a more friendly manner. When I looked up what the totem meaning was the next day, it sounded EXACTLY like me.

That wasn't the only dream I had that involved bears, though. My next dream about the bear happened this way:

There was a mother bear and her cub. I was the mother bear, and one of my internet friends was the cub. How I could tell that I was the mother bear, was that I would look down, and there were my huge bear paws. I was also standing on four legs. In front of me, was the cub. Despite appearances, though, I had somehow felt and knew that the cub was actually my friend. Apparently, the cub was scared and crying. So as a mother bear would do, I went up to the cub and tried to comfort her. I remember that I put one of my paws around the cub, as if I were hugging her. And then I said something along these lines: "It's gonna be okay. I'll protect you."

After lots and lots of thinking about this, I had found out that my second dream had something to do with protection. However, if you want to know more about the bear totem, then you can go ahead and either read about it, or look it up on Google. It apparently won't let me post links here, so yeah.

Remember that I said "totems" in my first sentence? The bear isn't my only totem.

A few weeks after I first dreamt about the bear, I had another dream that had to do with the tiger.

In the dream, I was in the backyard of the house I used to live in when I was little. All of a sudden, a tiger was chasing me, and I was running away. Even though I was running away, however, I actually wasn't scared. The tiger had soon come to a stop, and she had looked at me as if she were testing me. But yet, I still have no idea what she could've been testing me for, though. As I was waking up, I saw a white figure of the tiger, running towards me. But soon enough, I was so sleepy, that I soon fell back to sleep.

But however, the tiger actually isn't my main totem, as it's properties aren't quite like me, except for the fact that I'm a night person. The Tiger is actually my messenger totem, while the Bear is my main totem.

Simatong
08 Aug 2013, 16:32
On a mythological level I am drawn to dragons and phoenixes, though as for existing animals I am most drawn to serpents, felines, and wolves, and maybe ravens.

dreamweaver
08 Aug 2013, 20:29
The Bear It is my totem animal

Wickedjr89
19 Sep 2013, 11:13
I just love so many animals I don't really know. My favorite animal has always been the Zebra though, i've always been drawn to the Zebra for some reason. Also big cats like tigers, lions (and bears oh my lol not really I just had too, sorry hehe) etc. Owls, I love owls recently. I love all animals I mean but drawn to them more for some reason. Dolphins.

I'm not sure what my spirit animal or any of the like is. I'd love to find out one day, maybe it's an animal i'm already drawn to, maybe not. I have no idea.

Shadow Wolf
21 Sep 2013, 11:50
Wolves and Dogs.

TishaJasmineFerry
21 Sep 2013, 20:12
My spirit guide is the Red Tail Hawk, not only is the spirit realm, but it also guides me in real life as well. When i am in the woods often times one will fly from tree to tree keeping a watchful pace with me. Occasionally when I am camping out in the woods when i wake up in the morning there is one perched near my tent screeching and there will be a feather on the ground in front of my tent door.

Chris the Bold
21 Sep 2013, 22:36
I'm drawn to dogs, they're worthy companions at home and on the hunt.

KahlanAmnell
24 Sep 2013, 23:44
I am most drawn to cats.

Unus Mundus
28 Sep 2013, 00:04
At various times throughout my life, I have felt different animals apply something to my life, these would be: Owl, Raven, Hawk, Fox, and Mother Wolf

Owl let me see and criticize everything around me further

Raven let me criticize what was within myself and learn from it.

Hawk let me learn to control my life and look at the "big" picture instead of zooming in too closely.

Fox taught me to be cunning and resourceful in my thoughts and actions, and to not always take the most direct route.

She Wolf however, is my true totem. It seems odd, me being male and having a She-Wolf as my "totem/power animal" but I've clearly felt this, and know that she above all else has been shaping and is still trying to shape me. She tries to make me more sociable, family-oriented, caring, and less shy.

Watchful Wanderer
11 Oct 2013, 06:10
Well, I'm drawn to all of them except the human species. But the one that comes to mind immediately is the jaguar.

Dust
12 Oct 2013, 07:56
When I was still in grade school I was really drawn to foxes, wolves, dogs, jackals, anything remotely canine really. Over the past few years I've been really drawn to a couple bird species, vultures, condors and herons especially. My spirit guide is a serpent.

Black Moon Wolf
12 Oct 2013, 12:19
Definitely the animal i am most drawn to are Wolves. I love coyotes and dogs too. I feel so at peace when i hear there howls. Every time we go up hunting i hear them on the mountain and everyone im with usually freaks out a little bit but i always just want to sit and listen for hours. They are soooo beautiful.

alternatingSelves
12 Oct 2013, 12:42
birds. I should probably be more specific than that, but I feel a love and connection to every bird I've ever met. they're just so amazing.
that said, my totem animal is a tiger

Hafthor
12 Oct 2013, 19:12
Bears. Not exactly sure why, but I am drawn to bears. I happened to see a black bear this summer, about 50 yds away from me on the way to my car and while everyone else just freaked out I just stood there and we looked at each other, I just smiled at him(I'm assuming it was a male) and it turned away like nothing was wrong.

Cobra
19 Oct 2013, 17:07
Snakes.

Snakes, snakes, snakes.

Cobras especially, though I'm not sure I'd want to hold one. The greatest feature of my room is this big black cobra statue. The species of cobra you see in my avatar is Naja nigricollis, the black-necked spitting cobra.

I am not scared of snakes in the slightest and I would be happy to hold or even take care of a corn snake or other docile, nonvenomous snake. That said, I respect the personal space and habitat of snakes in the wild!

I'm not sure you can form a bond with a snake though like you could with a horse for example. It makes me a bit sad.

LuciaStar
19 Oct 2013, 19:29
As a child, it was Tigers. Now a days? Wolves. Wolves everywhere.

Tarn
19 Oct 2013, 20:02
All my life I have had dogs. I have been a foster home for rescued dogs for several years. I would love to work with wolves too (but they don't let you around them without a couple of degrees).

I have always believed that dragons did exist. Maybe not in the form or in the way that we believe them to have existed, but I'm convinced that they existed at one time. I'm pretty certain that my guardian spirit is a dragon as well.

All of my life I have been opposed to tattoos. There was no way I was EVER going to have a tattoo. Yet, here I am with "Mecha Dragon" embedded in my upper, left arm. Hmmm, how'd that happen?

The resplendent quetzel. You're all shocked by this revelation right?
I'm... I'm just... I... oh man! I NEVER saw that coming. :=o:

wildcat
22 Oct 2013, 13:57
I have a very close connection with my so-called "spirit" animals. I'm not a fan of labeling them as that, but I feel as though my personality is intertwined with their nature on a very deep level. As can be seen with my username, the animals I connect to personally are the wildcats. Even though my avatar is a lioness, the cat I'm closest to is the cheetah, though I feel a connection with all wildcats. I don't connect with them because they are cute and cuddly, but I connect with their fierce nature and hard-wired survival instinct. Wild and untamed, prideful and graceful, yet incredibly dangerous and unpredictable. They are pure art of the universe, yet they have such a raw wildness in them. I feel as though my core self is as wild and untamed as them, and that I have that dangerous and instinctual side to myself that I hide from others. Most times I feel more wildcat than human.

Another animal that means much to me is the stag/deer. With the stag, it's not a representation of my nature, but rather the nature of my goddess. The stag is Her symbol and it's how She appears to me when I'm approached, and how I visualize her.

oldhippie
12 Nov 2013, 22:09
cats,goats and capybaras.
I know kind of an odd mix
but I do like them

PoisonTears
16 Nov 2013, 14:08
I LOVE animals, more then humans!! But I have always felt drawn to a few specific creatures. the Canine (all species and likeness') and the Frog/Toad. I LOVE ugly animals that other would usually find gross or well..ugly. Hyena's, mushy faced dogs, toads and fat frogs, I love it! They made me smile! I spend alot of time with my dog, and just about any dog that I can! It is my dream to work WITH animals in some manner.

Sondst
20 Nov 2013, 21:24
Elephants! I even have a half sleeve of a beautiful elephant.

for a long time during and after my pregnancy I believed elephants were my child's spirit animal. But then I realized this was untrue, it was mine. It came to me because elephants are motherly, loving ect an I finally could connect with it when I to shared the traits of an elephant even more than I had already. As a child my mom called her little elephant because I was afraid of mice and remembered every little detail, including random facts.

my child's animal is a wolf atleast for now that is what guides her. Fitting as she is incredibly independent, a leader, but has a soft gentle side.

anubisa
21 Nov 2013, 01:59
I am most drawn to the wolf. That is my spirit guide. I also am drawn to dogs. I just love canines. They are beautiful creatures.

Rowanwood
21 Nov 2013, 07:42
HOOTERS.

And by that I mean owls, I just wanted to make sure you were all awake.

Briar
22 Nov 2013, 08:44
HOOTERS.

And by that I mean owls, I just wanted to make sure you were all awake.

I thought I was awake, but having read this and almost spit out my tea giggling I found out I wasn't. :D

- - - Updated - - -

It really depends because I enjoy working with so many animals. Yesterday it would have been otters because I saw them everywhere. This lady was watching my Zorro dog from the swimming hole.

Probably the animals I work with the most around here though are the corvids. I listen to the crows and the jays all the time so I know what's going on in the woods.