PDA

View Full Version : Ha

newgirl24
17 Nov 2010, 12:23
I have been practicing grounding myself before meditation, and the last couple of days I end up sensing/seeing an old man smiling at me, surrounding me with warmth and love.

The last time this happened (last night), I heard the sound "ha". I just knew that this was his name.

I just looked it up, and it turns out that Ha is the Egyptian God of the Western Desert. Here's the link that I found:

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/religion/ha.htm

I think that I have found a patron god, or rather he has found me. I am curious if anyone else knows of Ha.

Also, I have no idea why this god chose me! But I am going to embrace it and see what happens.

Caelia
18 Nov 2010, 00:33
I've heard of him, but that's about it.

It's hard to say why certain gods pick us. Heck, Hathor picked me. Mind you I never had an interest in Ancient Egypt, so it was an incredible surprise to me to find how the religion works for me.

CttCJim
19 Nov 2010, 21:35
Agreed. I'd never even heard of Sekhmet before, and when I found Her it all just clicked into place in a truly surprising way. I find in my experience that Kemetic deities are a little hamfisted: when they want you, they let you know in no uncertain terms. They don't explain their reasoning, but they seem to make it obvious what they want.