PDA

View Full Version : Questions, problems, issues, etc...Post 'em here

Pages : [1] 2

thalassa
27 Dec 2013, 22:31
Have a question that couldn't be answered in the FAQ (http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?7254-Pagan-Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions)? Is there a problem on the forum that you can't figure out? What's up?

Heka
29 Dec 2013, 18:50
How long does it take for your unread posts to disappear of your unread posts list? or be unhighlighted off the boards? I have to read EVERY SINGLE POST and it's driving me mad that I have probably missed a bunch with my absence... It is possible to change how long unread posts are notified for? Am I making sense? Yes I'm weird I know. Ta.

Juniper
29 Dec 2013, 19:46
As far as I know, they will remain "unread" until you have read them or clicked the "Mark Forums Read" link. But I'm also not sure how/where you look at your unread topics...

Heka
29 Dec 2013, 19:59
Usually I click on 'New Posts'. Just before I disappeared, I have about 5-7 pages of 'New Posts'. Now I only have 4... Which doesn't make sense. At the moment (to keep my sanity) I'm going through board by board and clicking the threads that are highlighted as unread, but if I scroll just a bit, I can see posts I've never read (either I don't recognise them, or their dates are after I disappeared) that are not highlighted, but I can't be bothered going through and just checking based on dates. I'm already mad enough as it is.

Juniper
29 Dec 2013, 20:18
Usually I click on 'New Posts'. Just before I disappeared, I have about 5-7 pages of 'New Posts'. Now I only have 4... Which doesn't make sense. At the moment (to keep my sanity) I'm going through board by board and clicking the threads that are highlighted as unread, but if I scroll just a bit, I can see posts I've never read (either I don't recognise them, or their dates are after I disappeared) that are not highlighted, but I can't be bothered going through and just checking based on dates. I'm already mad enough as it is.

Is it possible that you're seeing threads that are in the "addicts" board? Since you now have over 1000 posts, you'll probably see a few extra topics that you haven't seen before.

We've recently done some forum clean up, as well. Are other extra threads listed in catacombs, perhaps?

Heka
29 Dec 2013, 20:46
Haven't noticed an addicts board, or checked the catacombs... But no it's just I'll be looking at a topic that is highlighted, and was posted on say, the 17th Dec, and underneath it is a post that is not highlighted that is dated the 2nd, and I wasn't online on the 2nd so I can't have looked at it already...

Heka
02 Jan 2014, 21:04
Is it possible to get custom PF smileys? I'm on another (VB) forum, and they have heaps of custom smileys, everything from 'Welcome to AFT' (Australian Freshwater Turtles) to 'Have you read the CARE GUIDE yet?' and so many turtle smileys. How could we get fun stuff like that?

Juniper
02 Jan 2014, 22:37
Is it possible to get custom PF smileys? I'm on another (VB) forum, and they have heaps of custom smileys, everything from 'Welcome to AFT' (Australian Freshwater Turtles) to 'Have you read the CARE GUIDE yet?' and so many turtle smileys. How could we get fun stuff like that?

If you can link me to a site that has smileys, that would be an awesome start. :D I got a few custom ones from deviantart before but I haven't really gone looking for more since then. If you saw some that you think we could use, link me :D

Heka
02 Jan 2014, 22:49
If you can link me to a site that has smileys, that would be an awesome start. :D I got a few custom ones from deviantart before but I haven't really gone looking for more since then. If you saw some that you think we could use, link me :D

AFT has HEAPS. Like bajillions. How do they work? Is it just a teeny picture? How could we create custom PF ones? I could try and screenshot the AFT ones, but I'm not sure how useful that is to you.

ChainLightning
03 Jan 2014, 21:13
If and when I ever get my forum db backups and files, I'll have a serious shit-ton of them to sort thru. I have all our old ones from the previous incarnations of PF, as well as quite a few extras.

Just that they're on a hard drive that is not in my possession, at this time.

Heka
03 Jan 2014, 21:16
If and when I ever get my forum db backups and files, I'll have a serious shit-ton of them to sort thru. I have all our old ones from the previous incarnations of PF, as well as quite a few extras.

Just that they're on a hard drive that is not in my possession, at this time.

Whenever you get around to it :)

oldhippie
01 Feb 2014, 20:43
I have not been getting notifications when something is added to threads
that I am subscribed to even though I have it set to instant e-mail

MaskedOne
01 Feb 2014, 20:54
Provided that
1) your e-mail account is spelled right in our system
2) it isn't receiving e-mail and dropping em in the spam folder for deletion

your account looks to be set up correctly but admins see more than I can and have greater ability to make changes so thins'll have to wait till one of them logs in to review your account.

oldhippie
01 Feb 2014, 20:58
my e-mail address seems to be right but the notifications do not even show up in my spam folder
and I do check spam folder

Lady_Levaenen
11 Mar 2014, 04:35
Hello,

I have a question about posting links/images in a post.
I searched the FAQ and I tried following the steps without luck.
If I want to add an album or post a picture/link in my posts (the page gives this error: you are not allowed to post links in your posts or your acount might not have been activated by an admin)
Do I have to contact an admin in order to post pictures?? xD

(I'm sorry if this question was asked before, my first time on a forum)

anunitu
11 Mar 2014, 05:40
Really simple answer Lady,you must post a certain amount before links and such work.

It is to cut down on spammers.

Yorin
11 Mar 2014, 07:51
Hello,

I have a question about posting links/images in a post.
I searched the FAQ and I tried following the steps without luck.
If I want to add an album or post a picture/link in my posts (the page gives this error: you are not allowed to post links in your posts or your acount might not have been activated by an admin)
Do I have to contact an admin in order to post pictures?? xD

(I'm sorry if this question was asked before, my first time on a forum)

You have to have 15 non intro, non game related posts before you can post either images or links. Cuts down spammers and such

Lady_Levaenen
11 Mar 2014, 08:34
oh!! now I see *feels stupid* xD

thanx for the answer! :)

Yorin
11 Mar 2014, 16:17
oh!! now I see *feels stupid* xD

thanx for the answer! :)

Not a problem. Its something not everyone realizes. Just post more and then you can lol

HavaSpell
24 Apr 2014, 17:10
Maybe I've missed it somehow, but I'm not sure how to upload a profile photo.
Is there a certain amount of time I have to wait, or a certain number of posts I have to make??

Juniper
24 Apr 2014, 18:05
Go to "Settings" (http://www.paganforum.com/usercp.php) and click the "edit profile picture" on the left menu. The avatar is what shows up next to each post, FYI. :)

HavaSpell
24 Apr 2014, 19:04
Ah! Thanks a ton. :)

Gleb
10 May 2014, 04:28
I was talking with Daughter of Toothless recently in Skype. She told me that she forgot her password to PF and can't log in. So I sent a pm to Juniper, who told me to send Daughter of Toothless a link of Contact Us so she can write about it.
Later on, DOT told me that she wrote in the Contact Us some days ago, but didn't get an answer.
Should she write again?

Roknrol
10 May 2014, 07:54
Did she try the "Forgot Password" link? Those are generally set up to automagically handle password resets. I don't know if it works here or not..haven't tried it...but it should, as long as her email address is still active.

Juniper
10 May 2014, 09:52
I was talking with Daughter of Toothless recently in Skype. She told me that she forgot her password to PF and can't log in. So I sent a pm to Juniper, who told me to send Daughter of Toothless a link of Contact Us so she can write about it.
Later on, DOT told me that she wrote in the Contact Us some days ago, but didn't get an answer.
Should she write again?

I have not received any emails from her. Have her send me an mail directly to support@paganforum.com. As I said in my pm, I won't reset someone's password unless I get the request from the account holder them-self, as a security measure. Or she can send me a message on Skype, if that's easier. (Bloodredraventcm)

Gleb
11 May 2014, 02:29
No problem. Thanks, Juni!

Gleb
19 May 2014, 00:32
Um... Does every user's password expire every few months? I was asked to change my password a moth ago. So I did. Just our of curiosity.

MaskedOne
19 May 2014, 00:36
Yes the site requires password changes as a security feature. I think the prompt is for every 6 months.

Gleb
19 May 2014, 00:56
Okay, thanks :)
Actually I thought something went wrong but now everything is clear.

Sean R. R.
22 May 2014, 18:20
What are the rules concerning blog posts here in PF? I couldn't find my answer anyway.

Juniper
22 May 2014, 20:43
What are the rules concerning blog posts here in PF? I couldn't find my answer anyway.

In what context?

Sean R. R.
23 May 2014, 03:18
In what context?

In general. Like, if there are forbidden themes, if it has to be kept PG-13... That sort of thing. General rules apply? Or there is more freedom or more restrictions?

Also, I meant "anywhere", not "anyway". But a glitch prevented me from editing.

Juniper
23 May 2014, 16:56
General forum rules apply to the blogs as well. It's a family friendly forum and blogs part of the public boards. Anything outside of the PG-13 realm should only be posted in the appropriate private boards or keep off the forum all together.

Sean R. R.
23 May 2014, 23:21
Thank you :)

Juniper
23 May 2014, 23:36
Hey are you still having loading issues with the forum? I ran a few maintenance things earlier... wondering if they improved some of the load time.

Sean R. R.
23 May 2014, 23:49
Less than before. But it keeps happening sometimes. The reply boxes just don't show up.

Juniper
24 May 2014, 01:44
Less than before. But it keeps happening sometimes. The reply boxes just don't show up.

That might be an issue with addons in your browser. do you know if all of those are up to date or your java is up to date?

Sean R. R.
24 May 2014, 07:34
Java is up to date, the other addon is AdBlock, and it is also up to date.

shebani
04 Jun 2014, 10:09
Hello, I read through the facts, I am missing these icons on the posts, the star icon or the triangle icon, the 'blog this post', or I am clueless lol and can't find them,

Before you can give reputation, you must first have a minimum of 15 posts. Once you have reached this requirement, you may then give other users reputation by clicking the "star" icon located at the bottom of the relevant post, to the right of the "blog this post" link and to the left of the "Report Post" icon (shaped like a yield/warning/triangle sign).This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

eta- ok by hovering over by the 'promote to article' I can see a normally invisible 'report post' icon, but I can't see the others, lol. I only see the two - promote to article and report post

thalassa
04 Jun 2014, 10:45
Hello, I read through the facts, I am missing these icons on the posts, the star icon or the triangle icon, the 'blog this post', or I am clueless lol and can't find them,

Before you can give reputation, you must first have a minimum of 15 posts. Once you have reached this requirement, you may then give other users reputation by clicking the "star" icon located at the bottom of the relevant post, to the right of the "blog this post" link and to the left of the "Report Post" icon (shaped like a yield/warning/triangle sign).This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation. If negative reputation is disabled then it will not be displayed in this form. You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

eta- ok by hovering over by the 'promote to article' I can see a normally invisible 'report post' icon, but I can't see the others, lol. I only see the two - promote to article and report post

There are two things I think that are going on here...the first is that you are probably using the default theme (Mint), and for some reason the icon show up so faintly as to be invisible, which makes them difficult to find even by scrolling over them! The second problem is one I failed to anticipate when we were writing the FAQ (so I probably need to revise a bit when I get the chance) is that only supporters can post blogs and would have the "blog this post" option. I'm not sure why you still can't see the repuation star thingy, since you have the proper amount of posts, and unfortunately as a staff member I see a slightly different set of options than you. I'll see if I can't figure out what is going on and get it straightened out!

shebani
04 Jun 2014, 17:44
Thank you Thalassa, I can see the star icon now. Indeed they are next to invisible so I must be using the 'mint' setting, I appreciate your help!

Jera
07 Jun 2014, 09:05
How do I change my username? I remember seeing it as an option in Edit Profile but it is no longer there.

MaskedOne
07 Jun 2014, 09:54
Ask an admin (Juniper, ChainLightning or Thalassa) by private message. Normal members can't change their own name. The option shouldn't have been there.

Jera
07 Jun 2014, 23:54
Thanks Masked One :)

Jera
17 Jun 2014, 09:42
Me again. I'm trying to attach a signature image. I've successfully uploaded one from my PC and saved it, but it's not appearing under my posts. Any idea why?

thalassa
19 Jun 2014, 02:40
Me again. I'm trying to attach a signature image. I've successfully uploaded one from my PC and saved it, but it's not appearing under my posts. Any idea why?

Not sure...I can try to look into this tonite or tomorrow (right now its the beginning of an action packed work day :/ )...

MoonRaven
19 Jun 2014, 05:21
Just a random thought. Is the "show signature" box in the lower left corner of the reply box checked off?

Juniper
19 Jun 2014, 05:41

You still need to edit your signature (http://www.paganforum.com/profile.php?do=editsignature) field to tell it to display the sigpic. Add this code:

Jera
19 Jun 2014, 08:22
Thanks I'll try that!

Gleb
26 Jun 2014, 08:49
To be honest, since I registered here, I was wondering. What's the difference between mods and admins?

Quetzal
26 Jun 2014, 08:53
Admins have more power and own or run the site. Mods are like their deputies, they have enough power to police, but don't have overall authority over the site itself.

MaskedOne
26 Jun 2014, 08:54
Admin have absolute control and authority. Mods work for them and have significant control and authority.

Gleb
26 Jun 2014, 08:55
Oh ok, thanks very much! :)

thalassa
26 Jun 2014, 09:17
Oh ok, thanks very much! :)

And I confuse the heck out of everyone, since I'm both.

Usually, I just mod. I might do some behind-the-scenes tinkering which require admin priveleges, I just rarely choose to use admin athourity (mostly because I usually don't want the target painted on myself, lol...).

Roknrol
26 Jun 2014, 09:21
To be honest, since I registered here, I was wondering. What's the difference between mods and admins?
Usually the amount of patience they show for repeat offenders. That and pay scale. Not that any of them get paid, mind you, but the value of the zero Admin dollars is worth vastly more than the zero Mod dollars...seriously, it's enough to cause Staff to seek promotion.

Example: After running the site for awhile, the former owner got promoted to "Member", which he felt was a good move :p

ChainLightning
26 Jun 2014, 09:53

I think Quetzal and MO answered your question pretty clearly, Gleb. But I wanted to respond with a bit more depth, as well. This is a question that has and can cause quite a bit of confusion, around here.

The Administrators (being Juniper, thalassa and myself) not only own the website but we've hammered out what we feel makes the healthiest environment for our little family to explore ideas, learn/teach/help, and otherwise get to know others, many with (at least) one similar trait, known as curiosity. (For me, that curiosity manifests itself in wanting to share space with people of other Pagan Traditions and other religions, as well. I won't ever 'turn someone down', as a member, because of religious affiliations -- not that I actually even *have* the ability to turn anyone down, anyway! LOL) So, we work on keeping the site alive, interesting and relatively safe. That includes a great deal of membership involvement, in our decisions about the direction of PF. Juni handles the domain, hosting and other financial concerns, Thal (though, she shows up as a Global Mod - green username) is truly our main voice of reason and then I basically balance them two out by not having any inhibitions, conscience or morals, to speak of -- just strong ideals.

Global Moderators do our hands-on work, watching threads, helping members out, keeping the discussions (mostly) civil and within the confines that we Admins have proposed, with our Mission Statement, and the parameters outlined by both (n)etiquette and the forum's own rules.

How that works, in a practical sense, is that when you see GREEN posts you see a Mod stating or enforcing forum requirements. They can seal and open threads, they can monitor spam and dispose of it in unbelievably short order, they can move threads around to the various sections and archives. Mods *deal* directly with the members on a daily basis, truly getting to know them, actually.

Admins, on the other hand, don't take a detailed interest in watching member behavior. We're sort of free to spend time in the threads of our choosing. That is, until mention is made, somewhere, about a thread that has gotten out of hand. For instance, if a Mod is busy with life's happenings (we all have a life outside of PF, after all), one of the other mods, or even an Admin will step in. When you see RED posts, someone is in trouble. Depending on which red you see, you'll know how deep the trouble is. If I post in red, things are or already have turned ugly - whispers of a ban are in the air. Juni, on the other hand, will post in red when she's had enough, as do I, but the word "ban" isn't as readily heard. (Thalassa, of course, typically will post in green, not red.)

FYI, though, none of us really like posting in our associated colors. It is just so much nicer to not have to see so much official involvement in heaps of discussions, trying to keep people decent, toward one another. The community polices itself. Our Mods simply act as good friends that can help out members of our community, in a variety of ways. The Admins, we try to keep the community, in it's entirety, existing. We help or Staff, when they need or ask for it, and we help our Members when the need arises.

Most of the time, however, we, the staff, are just simple members of the very same community. We all just happen to have a little work to do, outside of our community involvement.

***I know, I revealed a lot more than the question even hinted at. I'm indulging in a bit of transparency. Plus, a willingness to assuage any confusion on this matter.

Gleb
26 Jun 2014, 10:02
Wow, it definitely explains a lot. Thanks, Chain. So now I understand why I see more Green than Red.

Ok, another question. (I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves ;) ) I PM-ed Juni, but I guess she's busy a bit.
There are different ways of supporting PF. The most common is the "donate" button. But it's also written in the FAQ that one can support the forum by art and many other things.
What are some of the ways of supporting PF except clicking "donate"?

Roknrol
26 Jun 2014, 10:08
<I must be dead set on seeing the colours today, what the hell is wrong with me?>

I don't know, I think all of the reds and greens make it all Christmassy and festive. It's nice. It makes me think of the Holidays, spent trying to avoid the family that I live with.

*contended sigh*

<who am I kidding, this IS me...>

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, it definitely explains a lot. Thanks, Chain. So now I understand why I see more Green than Red.

Ok, another question. (I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves ;) ) I PM-ed Juni, but I guess she's busy a bit.
There are different ways of supporting PF. The most common is the "donate" button. But it's also written in the FAQ that one can support the forum by art and many other things.

OOoh...I'd like to field this one :)

Sometimes new themes are created for the site and they might want new artwork or whatever to go along with it. Some members have supported by providing some really nice banners for various members. Others have helped other members financially - you know, those "I'm struggling, please pray" threads aren't always supported just through hope ;) We've saved a few holidays for a few families in the past - it's kind of a point of pride.

Other support? Being kind and gentle to new members, engaging people in conversation when it seems they could use a hand, trying to keep things civil and on track...coming up with new and interesting topics/polls...man oh man, it's a community anything that helps the community supports the site :)

ChainLightning
26 Jun 2014, 10:36
OMG's Rok, Adopt a Family is definitely pride-worthy. I possess a great amount of humility over the lengths to which PF members helped out my family when it came time to bury my daughter, by helping to pay for her headstone.

This community is worth far more than gold, to me. I feel that I owe it my sanity, my time, my... anything I can humanly do. I love this place and the people in it! Probably at an unhealthy level of love, I might add.

Roknrol
26 Jun 2014, 10:41
<facepalm> not only was I not thinking of you when I was talking about it, it didn't even occur to me to include in my own mental list. Probably because you seem so much like family already.

Geez...now everyone's gonna get all mushy.

Gleb
26 Jun 2014, 10:58
I see. Thanks, Rok. :)

ChainLightning
26 Jun 2014, 11:06
<facepalm> not only was I not thinking of you when I was talking about it, it didn't even occur to me to include in my own mental list. Probably because you seem so much like family already.

Geez...now everyone's gonna get all mushy.

Hah! Want mushy?

In FULL detail. And a little bit of rain (even the sky was crying!).
http://www.paganforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3222&d=1403809308http://www.paganforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3223&d=1403809308

Quetzal
26 Jun 2014, 11:07
That's beautiful Chain.

Roknrol
26 Jun 2014, 13:29
Jeez...I completely forgot how beautiful the stone is. Wasn't nearly enough.

:( Now we're going anti-mush. Can some of the Moderators please come here and make this conversation more moderate? My bi-polar is going to start acting up.

ChainLightning
26 Jun 2014, 13:41
Yeah, enough with tears and reminiscences. What we need is some bawdy...

Ooh. Rusty Warren!

Roknrol
26 Jun 2014, 13:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCUy0Z6h7xY

Cerdivae Song
26 Jun 2014, 15:08
Hello all. c:
I was supposed to have received an activation email, but I signed up this morning and I've received no email. Can someone please help?

Heka
26 Jun 2014, 16:31
Hah! Want mushy?

In FULL detail. And a little bit of rain (even the sky was crying!).

Nyaw I love you guys. This is the best place in the interwebz.

/end mush

Juniper
26 Jun 2014, 19:18
Hello all. c:
I was supposed to have received an activation email, but I signed up this morning and I've received no email. Can someone please help?

Check spam folder and/or your profile to make sure the email address is typed correctly. Since you were able to log in and post here, I would only worry about not having received the email if you find yourself being restricted from posting anywhere. Keep in mind that new members with less than 15 posts are automatically restricted from posting links, pictures, videos and a few other rather minor things... but those are due to our attempt at preventing/reducing spam.

If you experience any problems with posting, let me know.
Edit:

This is totally my fault. I did get your PM and posted it in the Admin section for discussion. We were pretty much coming up with the same list as Rok's reply (thank you for that, btw) to you but I hadn't gotten around to responding to you.

Gleb
26 Jun 2014, 21:39
Don't worry about it, Juni. It's ok. As Chain said earlier - you have lives beyond the borders of the forum, after all. :)

Cerdivae Song
27 Jun 2014, 08:38
​Thank you, Juniper c:

ChainLightning
27 Jun 2014, 08:46
​Thank you, Juniper c:

If I might make one small request? Could you please not use a different font color, and just stick with the default?

I'm not trying to come down on you for it, honest! I love that people take the time to add a little joy and happiness wherever they go. It's just that some of the themes have some difficulty showing certain colors and can make it nearly impossible to read, without highlighting all the text. (That's not to mention the Staff's practice of posting "official" posts in red or green)

It just occurred to me, a really good place for adding colors is in one's sig. I wonder... do we need a how-to for customizing signatures, or do we have one, already?

*I must go find out

:shy:

Gleb
25 Jul 2014, 12:34
My question is not about something about the site rules. Chain has posted the "North USA PF get together" thread a while ago. Just wanted to ask if there is something like this in Asia.

ChainLightning
25 Jul 2014, 13:02
My question is not about something about the site rules. Chain has posted the "North USA PF get together" thread a while ago. Just wanted to ask if there is something like this in Asia.

There was another... http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?6358-PF-UK-European-Meet

But as far as I know, nobody has put one together.

It shouor be noted that this North American one is the only Official get together. Meaning, the forum can't take donations to get one going in the Eastern or Southern hemispheres.

Gleb
25 Jul 2014, 13:14
There was another... http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?6358-PF-UK-European-Meet

It shouor be noted that this North American one is the only Official get together. Meaning, the forum can't take donations to get one going in the Eastern or Southern hemispheres.
Thanks, Chain :)

Heka
25 Jul 2014, 18:04

But Hekas pocket can! Contact me if you wanna donate money to have a get together in oz!!!

Gleb
17 Aug 2014, 11:33
I'm not sure if it's the right place to post this question. If it isn't, please direct me to the right place.

I thought about re-opening the special chats about different religions here. Picking up a topic, date and time for X religion, and discussing it in chat. I don't know if there can be a separate channel for this, or if it can be done in the public channel.

So, what do you think?

Shahaku
17 Aug 2014, 15:06
I'm not sure if it's the right place to post this question. If it isn't, please direct me to the right place.

I thought about re-opening the special chats about different religions here. Picking up a topic, date and time for X religion, and discussing it in chat. I don't know if there can be a separate channel for this, or if it can be done in the public channel.

So, what do you think?

I've actually been thinking about this, though the last couple weeks have been too hectic for me to put much thought into it. I would like to see more activity in the chat and some good discussion. It wouldn't have to be specifically religious conversations either, we could cover a wide range of topics. The biggest issue is finding a time that will work with everyone who wants to be involved. My schedule will work out for that a little better when I start my new work schedule next week. the 25th. I'll actually be getting off at a decent time. But even then, we're talking people all over the globe. When it's a decent time for me, it really isn't for, say, our Aussie friends. But I'm sure we could work something out if we really put our minds to it.

Heka
17 Aug 2014, 16:38
I've actually been thinking about this, though the last couple weeks have been too hectic for me to put much thought into it. I would like to see more activity in the chat and some good discussion. It wouldn't have to be specifically religious conversations either, we could cover a wide range of topics. The biggest issue is finding a time that will work with everyone who wants to be involved. My schedule will work out for that a little better when I start my new work schedule next week. the 25th. I'll actually be getting off at a decent time. But even then, we're talking people all over the globe. When it's a decent time for me, it really isn't for, say, our Aussie friends. But I'm sure we could work something out if we really put our minds to it.

I'm keen, but yeah, being in Oz makes life more difficult.

Gleb
17 Aug 2014, 21:04
Makes sense.

Cerdivae Song
21 Aug 2014, 18:28
Help! I tried to reset my password, and it won't let me? I'm using the password the site gave me and when I try to change it, it keeps telling me that the site given pass is not correct. ;w;

ChainLightning
21 Aug 2014, 19:28
I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience!!

Just to clarify, when you go into your settings to change the forum-given password to something you can remember, you put the temporary/forum-given password in, as verification before it'll allow the change, and are told that the password you entered is wrong? Is that correct?

If so, were you given an email with the temporary password in it? I'd use a copy and paste action to put it in the password verification box. Otherwise, if your browser saves the passwords, you can go into tools/options/whatnot to retrieve whatever the browser has last saved, for your password.

Though, if you don't have anything that tells you the password, anymore, you could log out of the forum and, instead of logging back in, click on "forgot my password" to start fresh, yet again.

If all else fails, one of the Admin can actually go into your account and set your password to whatever you like, then you can either change it to something better and therefor maintain a sense of privacy, OR trust the Admin to NOT try logging into your account to try reading your posts and private messages. :p

I'm kidding about that last bit, of course. LOL

But I am, as I said, sorry for the inconvenience!

In a perfect world, passwords would never have to be changed since nobody would ever try hacking someone else's account nor try hacking people's hangouts. Wait! Is that my cynicism showing? Oops!

Cerdivae Song
23 Aug 2014, 14:25
Thanks! The issue seemed to resolve itself, and I now can use the pass I reset it to! I was scared for a while, I couldn't log in; I thought I'd lost my account >n<

ChainLightning
23 Aug 2014, 20:09
Thanks! The issue seemed to resolve itself, and I now can use the pass I reset it to! I was scared for a while, I couldn't log in; I thought I'd lost my account >n<

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved! I cannot imagine not being able to log in.

This place is like heroin, or something! Ah needz mah fix! Mmmmmm. Better.

Gleb
31 Aug 2014, 20:18
I have a question - do we have a cat smiley?

loststarshine
08 Sep 2014, 17:25
If this has been answered before i apologize for missing it. How do you access the adult board? I think it is hidden from me or i just am over looking and cant find it.

Willow
08 Sep 2014, 17:29
You need to ask an admin for access. :)

ChainLightning
08 Sep 2014, 18:09
If this has been answered before i apologize for missing it. How do you access the adult board? I think it is hidden from me or i just am over looking and cant find it.

Yup, yup.

We have a sticky, in the Site section, here, devoted to both Adult and Teen sections.

http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?7253-Teen-and-Adult-Sections

And, as Lj indicated, it takes a PM to one of the Admin, asking for access.

The details? We'll take a look at your birthdate, even if it's hidden from regular members, then count up on our fingers, toes, or whatever is necessary, to verify that the person fits the requirements, for whichever section they're asking for access to. Then, Voila! Magick potions, and all, can be put back on the shelf for another day. :)

abdallahbijle
04 Oct 2014, 03:38
hi,what is the mean that tells in pagan forum

abdallahbijle
06 Oct 2014, 21:14
what is this website about?

Medusa
06 Oct 2014, 23:21
what is this website about?

About Paganism and all that jazz. Are you a real boy?:confused:

Heka
08 Oct 2014, 04:56
About Paganism and all that jazz. Are you a real boy?:confused:

(Imagine high pitched voice)

I'm a real booooy!!!

*and watch the nose grooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

LunarHarvest
14 Nov 2014, 02:44
Can a user personalise their calendar to include the holidays of their religion, and how can it be done?

Abbeon
16 Nov 2014, 12:02
I can't seem to set a signature, Ive been in all the settings and the sig. option just wont appear.. Help? O_o

anunitu
16 Nov 2014, 12:06
It might be a rule like no links until you have so many posts. It is there to keep the trolls to a minimum. I think after you hit a certain amount of posts it will be available.

Here is the rule.

Why can't I post a link? You need 15 non-intro, non-games posts first! Its an anti-spam feature.

Why can't I see my signature? You need 15 non-intro, non-games posts first! Its an anti-spam feature.

Why can't I upload a photo to a gallery? You need 15 non-intro, non-games posts first! Its an anti-spam feature. You can still post a photo using BB code

MaskedOne
16 Nov 2014, 12:23
I can't seem to set a signature, Ive been in all the settings and the sig. option just wont appear.. Help? O_o

http://www.paganforum.com/profile.php?do=editsignature

try the link above. If you get through, don't try and post a link, the site will eat it till you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts. If it says you have insufficient permissions then try again after 15 non-game, non-intro posts.

NVM, Anu found the answer. I didn't remember if we had the sigs completely locked down.

Juniper
16 Nov 2014, 12:42
Can a user personalise their calendar to include the holidays of their religion, and how can it be done?

I'm sorry, the only people that can make any changes to the calendar are staff. Individual members cannot customize their calendar.

anunitu
16 Nov 2014, 15:05
There is a Mozilla application for a calender that you might find useful.

Such as.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/calendar-lightning-and-sunbird-faq#w_whats-the-difference-between-sunbird-and-lightning

If you use Firefox,there is this.
http://www.reminderfox.org/

Abbeon
17 Nov 2014, 10:48
Ok, thanks! :cool:

Juniper
17 Nov 2014, 15:28
Ok, thanks! :cool:

You're almost there. :)

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner

Jembru
18 Nov 2014, 12:28
Help! I thought I was going to have to create a new profile just to post this, but somehow I can still log in on my PC.

I recently tried to sign in from my mobile and no matter what I tried, it kept saying my password was wrong. I was recently prompted to change it and the password saved on my PC has the right number of letters, but I maybe made a typo (the same one, twice?), or I'm remembering wrong (more likely). 'No problem' I thought, 'I'll just follow the 'forgotten password' procedure and all will be well'. That was 4 days ago or so and still no reset email came (I tried twice within an hour, I'm not sure if that's relevant). I panicked at this point because I thought the saved password on this PC would no longer work thanks to me attempting to reset it. Yet it seems fine now.

So where do I go from here? The Facebook page seems to have closed down, or I'd have asked an admin there to reset my password for me. I can't reset it myself in settings, because I don't know my current one and I'm not receiving the email to reset it that way. Anyone else had this problem? If an admin resets it for me, how will they let me know what the new one is if I can't log in and receive PM's? I'm so confused @.@

Juniper
18 Nov 2014, 12:36
Help! I thought I was going to have to create a new profile just to post this, but somehow I can still log in on my PC.

I recently tried to sign in from my mobile and no matter what I tried, it kept saying my password was wrong. I was recently prompted to change it and the password saved on my PC has the right number of letters, but I maybe made a typo (the same one, twice?), or I'm remembering wrong (more likely). 'No problem' I thought, 'I'll just follow the 'forgotten password' procedure and all will be well'. That was 4 days ago or so and still no reset email came (I tried twice within an hour, I'm not sure if that's relevant). I panicked at this point because I thought the saved password on this PC would no longer work thanks to me attempting to reset it. Yet it seems fine now.

So where do I go from here? The Facebook page seems to have closed down, or I'd have asked an admin there to reset my password for me. I can't reset it myself in settings, because I don't know my current one and I'm not receiving the email to reset it that way. Anyone else had this problem? If an admin resets it for me, how will they let me know what the new one is if I can't log in and receive PM's? I'm so confused @.@
Hey Jembru,

There's a few things we can try. Rest assured, you can always get ahold of me by using the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of every pf page, of you're ever stuck in a place where you can't log in to view or send PM's. Also, you can change your settings to receive email notifications when you get a pm. The email quotes everything from the pm.

I will try to send you another password reminder. Can you please check and make sure that the email in your profile is correct? If that doesn't work, I'll reset it manually to something temporarily, so you can log in and change it to something you want.

The Facebook page is still up and running. You may have a link to an old page? We had a group for a while but opted to let that go since we also have a page and it didn't make sense to me to have all that and a forum. I can send you the link later (at work right now).

anunitu
18 Nov 2014, 12:39
Hay Jem,kinda wondered where you had wondered off too...Glad to see you back..

Jembru
18 Nov 2014, 12:51
Hey Jembru,

There's a few things we can try. Rest assured, you can always get ahold of me by using the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of every pf page, of you're ever stuck in a place where you can't log in to view or send PM's. Also, you can change your settings to receive email notifications when you get a pm. The email quotes everything from the pm.

I will try to send you another password reminder. Can you please check and make sure that the email in your profile is correct? If that doesn't work, I'll reset it manually to something temporarily, so you can log in and change it to something you want.

The Facebook page is still up and running. You may have a link to an old page? We had a group for a while but opted to let that go since we also have a page and it didn't make sense to me to have all that and a forum. I can send you the link later (at work right now).

Thanks. I noticed I'm still using my hotmail address with pagan forum. I tried to change it because I use gmail more these days, but it needs my password. Otherwise the address looks fine and is still working. I'll keep checking (and the junk box just in case), and let you know if the message comes through.

Juniper
18 Nov 2014, 13:39
Thanks. I noticed I'm still using my hotmail address with pagan forum. I tried to change it because I use gmail more these days, but it needs my password. Otherwise the address looks fine and is still working. I'll keep checking (and the junk box just in case), and let you know if the message comes through.

Send me a pm or use the 'contact us' form and let me know what email address you want to use.

Hawkfeathers
14 Feb 2015, 10:19
Where is the color tag, for when you want to post in a color?

anunitu
14 Feb 2015, 11:45
The color text is at the top,the large A,and I believe you have to right click and highlight to select the text to color

Hawkfeathers
14 Feb 2015, 12:03
^^^ At the top of what, exactly? I don't see any large "A". I know how this works on other forums, but I've never seen those options here. Below the box where I'm now typing is a "Post Icon" selection box, and below that, "additional options", which has Attachments, Subscription, & Rate Thread. But nothing above.

anunitu
14 Feb 2015, 12:24
Above in the quick reply box the large A next to the smilies thing. in the simple edit mode..

It uses the following code COLOR="#00FF00"] mode..[/COLOR with square brackets on each side.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this,it might help.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta go,snow is beginning...posed to be windy and blizzard type thing..

Shahaku
14 Feb 2015, 13:55
Attaching an image that should show where it is. Fingers crossed.

Hawkfeathers
14 Feb 2015, 14:24
That's what I thought - and that's how most forums are - guess I never looked for it here until today. This is what I'm seeing:

MaskedOne
14 Feb 2015, 15:23
That's what I thought - and that's how most forums are - guess I never looked for it here until today. This is what I'm seeing:

You are missing a frack-ton of icons. I'll look into it later tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM, look again. You should have them now. Also doublecheck your settings to make sure they're all accurate. Modding by phone runs the risk that I clicked the wrong check box.

As a matter of note, there's an option in general settings controlling how user friendly the reply screen is. If it's set to basic then you get no icons.

Hawkfeathers
14 Feb 2015, 15:29
Thanks! I'm certain that I never had them here. This is a different kind of forum than most others I've been involved with in the past, so I never gave it much thought - I usually only noticed Admins/Mods posting in colors, so I figured it was a special permission thing here. Then today I was gonna post in the "Would You Rather" thread that Gleb started, and realized I was missing something!

MaskedOne
14 Feb 2015, 15:37
Yeah, we allow color, just

1) be careful that it contrasts with both light and dark themes
2) try to avoid staff colors

I'm finicky about 1 because a lot of people pick colors I can't read so if you post in color and later that day all the color is gone, check whether your post says "Last edited by: MaskedOne"

Hawkfeathers
14 Feb 2015, 15:48
Thanks! I have it now.

anunitu
15 Feb 2015, 05:31
Claps for the lady with the color text at last!!

Hawkfeathers
15 Feb 2015, 08:52
I feel like a real member of the forum now! LOL YAY!:bounce: (I didn't have all those smilies, either)

Gleb
12 Mar 2015, 04:16
Where exactly should be the information/introduction to a religion/faith posted?

Redfaery
12 Mar 2015, 04:40
Would it be possible to modify the gender field so that it is either optional, or there is the option to fill it in manually? I'm genderqueer, and even though I consider myself female in many respects, and prefer feminine pronouns for myself, I'd like the option to put something else there.

MaskedOne
12 Mar 2015, 05:10
Would it be possible to modify the gender field so that it is either optional, or there is the option to fill it in manually? I'm genderqueer, and even though I consider myself female in many respects, and prefer feminine pronouns for myself, I'd like the option to put something else there.

If I remember, modding that entry was more annoying than the admins cared to deal with so setting it to manual entry is unlikely. That said, it's already optional. Go into Settings then Edit Profile, scroll down to gender and click the drop down menu. You should have the options of a blank line, male and female. Just click the blank line and then save the changes to your profile.

Redfaery
12 Mar 2015, 05:32
If I remember, modding that entry was more annoying than the admins cared to deal with so setting it to manual entry is unlikely. That said, it's already optional. Go into Settings then Edit Profile, scroll down to gender and click the drop down menu. You should have the options of a blank line, male and female. Just click the blank line and then save the changes to your profile.

Thanks for pointing that out; I'll probably leave it as is, since "female" works well enough. I do seem to recall that inputting "male" or "female" was not optional upon signup, though...or at least, the option to leave the question blank was not evident to me when I signed up. I thought all those questions in red had to be answered!

MaskedOne
12 Mar 2015, 05:36
Can't speak for sign-up. It's been a while since I registered but blanking the entry through settings is something I tested out right before posting and that I know a site supporter has done so unless it's tied to permissions, it should work.

Redfaery
12 Mar 2015, 05:38
Thanks. I think I was just confused, then.

Wenny
25 Mar 2015, 10:52
Can you follow a thread without posting a comment?

MaskedOne
25 Mar 2015, 15:16
So I am here to share spiritual awakening through certain website, but i am not allowed to post links or images? So what to do?

Links and images require 15 posts that are not in

Intros (http://www.paganforum.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Introductions)

or

Games (http://www.paganforum.com/forumdisplay.php?34-LOLs-Quizzes-amp-Games)

After that your account will automatically upgrade to allow them.

Also, be aware of the rules (http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?9562-Forum-Rules-and-FAQ), specifically rules 4 and 6. Violations of either will be answered swiftly and decisively by site staff.

DanieMarie
26 Mar 2015, 07:46
Just wanted to give a heads up that the report button in forum posts and PMs is really, really hard to see. I'm not sure if other people have this issue (I know that different users use different color schemes and such), but it took me ages to find it because the default display that I get from the forum is almost the exact same color...

MaskedOne
26 Mar 2015, 07:57
the problem poster is gone. I'll leave the theme issue to Juni and Thal, it's above my paygrade.

DanieMarie
26 Mar 2015, 08:23
Cool...I just wanted to point it out to admin, in case it's an issue for other users :)

Gleb
12 May 2015, 10:59
Ok I have a question. Can 2 users use one language in the chat but switch to English when another person logs in?

Juniper
12 May 2015, 15:05
Ok I have a question. Can 2 users use one language in the chat but switch to English when another person logs in?

If it's in whispers/private IM's, yes. But not when it's in normal chat. Treat it the same as a private message on the forum. We don't care if you speak another language nor require translation if it's a privately held conversation. But if it's in the public parts of the forum (any non private messages), an English translation must be presented or English must be spoken.

Gleb
12 May 2015, 20:14
If it's in whispers/private IM's, yes. But not when it's in normal chat. Treat it the same as a private message on the forum. We don't care if you speak another language nor require translation if it's a privately held conversation. But if it's in the public parts of the forum (any non private messages), an English translation must be presented or English must be spoken.
No problem, thanks. :)

MaskedOne
31 May 2015, 17:37
Sooo....

if you've been compelled to read my oppression alert and made your way here. Awesome. That means one of our modifications worked. We are in the process of testing out several modifications on the forum. If you encounter any errors in normal forum operations then please let us know.

toxicyarnglare
31 May 2015, 17:47
I don't think that topic really explained what's exactly being changed, nor what oppression is, in this instance. I have a general idea, but I think some clarity would be nice. :)

MaskedOne
31 May 2015, 18:01
I don't think that topic really explained what's exactly being changed, nor what oppression is. I have a general idea, but I think some clarity would be nice. :)

Mostly that topic was me testing out new mods in a way I find entertaining. The two features that we are currently making public.

1) As the previous topic demonstrates, staff can now make announcements that must click on before continuing your normal business. This is a minor feature for the most part but it provides a guarantee that specific topics will at least be visited. There is a possibility of it being applied to certain rule threads for new members and various events in the future may provoke it's use for other means.

2) Staff now have a ban from thread option. If a staff member comes to the conclusion that specific individual members are detrimental to a thread but that their actions do not merit severe sanction, then we can evict said individuals from that thread. Once a threadban is in play, affected parties will not be able to enter let alone comment in a thread while they are logged in. They can monitor the thread somewhat through activity stream or reading while logged out but direct interaction between their account and the thread will be banned.

I didn't leave the thread in question open because I don't know yet if people are forced to keep up with it and while I'll test that later, I didn't want a forcible redirect every new post if a conversation started in thread.

toxicyarnglare
31 May 2015, 19:23
Mostly that topic was me testing out new mods in a way I find entertaining. The two features that we are currently making public.

1) As the previous topic demonstrates, staff can now make announcements that must click on before continuing your normal business. This is a minor feature for the most part but it provides a guarantee that specific topics will at least be visited. There is a possibility of it being applied to certain rule threads for new members and various events in the future may provoke it's use for other means.

2) Staff now have a ban from thread option. If a staff member comes to the conclusion that specific individual members are detrimental to a thread but that their actions do not merit severe sanction, then we can evict said individuals from that thread. Once a threadban is in play, affected parties will not be able to enter let alone comment in a thread while they are logged in. They can monitor the thread somewhat through activity stream or reading while logged out but direct interaction between their account and the thread will be banned.

I didn't leave the thread in question open because I don't know yet if people are forced to keep up with it and while I'll test that later, I didn't want a forcible redirect every new post if a conversation started in thread.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks for the clarification.

Hawkfeathers
31 May 2015, 19:27
I read it, I have no idea what's going on, and so I guess I'm banned from this thread. LOL

MaskedOne
31 May 2015, 19:29
I read it, I have no idea what's going on, and so I guess I'm banned from this thread. LOL

Nope. Trust me it will be unmistakeable if we threadban you. Mostly, I'm just playing with new toys that Juni added to the forum so we know they work.

Gleb
31 May 2015, 19:54
I have read the thread and like Hawk, I have no idea that's going on. But as long as I give Juni her cats back, everything will be fine. :D
Bwahahahahahaha!

LunarHarvest
31 May 2015, 21:11
I suppose that I have one question, in order to establish a proper understanding of thread-banning. Is the thread-ban temporary or is it permanent? Thanks ahead of time for answering. (=^w^=)

Medusa
31 May 2015, 21:15
I feelz oppressed!

*pickets in front of forum http://fc05.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/11/e/b/Protest_emoticon.gif

meh. Goes back to my pizza

MaskedOne
31 May 2015, 21:16
I suppose that I have one question, in order to establish a proper understanding of thread-banning. Is the thread-ban temporary or is it permanent? Thanks ahead of time for answering. (=^w^=)

ATM, I believe it lasts till a staff member lifts it but I've only done minimal testing with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I feelz oppressed!

*pickets in front of forum http://fc05.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/11/e/b/Protest_emoticon.gif

meh. Goes back to my pizza

Lols........

Gleb
01 Jun 2015, 05:04
Oi, MO! What about ze cat army??? Rawr.

MaskedOne
01 Jun 2015, 05:10
Oi, MO! What about ze cat army??? Rawr.

What about them? I have other plans for lunch today. They're on the menu next Wednesday.

Gleb
01 Jun 2015, 05:19
What about them? I have other plans for lunch today. They're on the menu next Wednesday.
Um.... Free food for everyone? ;)

anunitu
01 Jun 2015, 09:33
I am kinda backing Duces protest,but only as far as it gets me some of that Pizza she mentioned

kalynraye
18 Jul 2015, 23:07
So I am more then sure this is just user error but I have been trying for what seems like hours to upload some photos and no matter how small I make them it tells me they are to large. Please assist before I loose my mind.

B. de Corbin
19 Jul 2015, 00:51
So I am more then sure this is just user error but I have been trying for what seems like hours to upload some photos and no matter how small I make them it tells me they are to large. Please assist before I loose my mind.

Post them on a photo-sharing site, like photobucket or flickr, then reference them here when you post them.

LOL - it's not you. I nearly drove myself crazy with this previously myself.

Jembru
19 Jul 2015, 02:30
I have to use Photobucket too. I wish there was another way. I had wanted to repost an image in a thread a few days ago, but I was at work and Photobucket it dodgy without add blocker. It would freeze and then a message popped up to say a trogen was detected so access is suspended. It's also a bit annoying that people can click on your image and then see everything in your library. I can't imagine many people would care to, but a lot of mine are weird out of context, especially those that were for sharing on my friend's Japanese learners' forum.

kalynraye
19 Jul 2015, 21:58
Well I am still having difficulties. I guess I shall just resign myself to not posting them.

Juniper
19 Jul 2015, 22:23
Try it one more time please.

kalynraye
22 Jul 2015, 18:13
And it still hates me. sigh

Medusa
22 Jul 2015, 18:21
And it still hates me. sigh

If it's from your computer and you are using the little pic image up there..the pic can't be too big. If it's just wanting to post from a url and it still says too big, go the old fashioned way:

image url
It will look like this:
http://newnownext.mtvnimages.com/2014/10/wolverine1.jpg

dat ass

kalynraye
22 Jul 2015, 18:48
alrighty i shall try

anunitu
22 Jul 2015, 18:49
I am thinking it has to do with your photo site and how they index the photos.

MaskedOne
22 Jul 2015, 19:00
toss up the link without attempting any code. I'll see what I can do.

kalynraye
22 Jul 2015, 19:05
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11758778_10152900399786540_1057982544_n.jpg?oh=52f 43bbab173c4d310c3d4b0cbf5e3d4&oe=55B25CF1

- - - Updated - - -

well that linked worked.. yep it hates me...

https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/11758778_10152900399786540_1057982544_n.jpg?oh=52f 43bbab173c4d310c3d4b0cbf5e3d4&oe=55B25CF1

Medusa
22 Jul 2015, 19:08
fb does something and it doesnt work to post. You have to post it to your photo account. It needs to be in a direct image url form

edit. i did copy image url and the manual tag

MaskedOne
22 Jul 2015, 19:11
PF can't archive it locally but we can link to it.

Edited your post to get it, though Medusa also has it so quote either of us and copy paste our image code.

kalynraye
16 Aug 2015, 11:28
alright once again I am having photo problems. I went to add pics to my albums and clicked on the upload button and a message automatically popped up that my image was to large... I didn't even get the "uploader" screen.

Juniper
16 Aug 2015, 12:54
I checked your permissions and all seems to be in order there. You haven't reached your max allowed (150 pictures). We haven't made any album permission changes recently.
What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different one?
What theme? Does it work if you use a different one?

Have you tried clearing your cache?
Browser add-on's may be causing interference...

kalynraye
18 Aug 2015, 11:20
Sorry it took so long to get back to this. It had been a few days since I had been on and then yesterday I totally forgot about it. I am using google chrome. I have not tried a different browser nor have I cleared my cache. I shall do both and let you know the results.

kalynraye
18 Aug 2015, 20:09
Alright so I cleared my cache and tried using a different browser and it still tells me when I click on the "upload picture" link in my albums that my file exceeds my allotted quota. I don't understand what I did because lets face it it worked before and I can't do anything now. So it must be user error.

MaskedOne
18 Aug 2015, 20:41
try again when you log on.

Medusa
18 Aug 2015, 20:46
Are you uploading them from a site or from your computer?
Are you using the little picture icon to upload or are you talking about a site you are uploading to?
I'm sorta confused. 4155

kalynraye
18 Aug 2015, 21:16
So I go to my profile and from there go to my albums. I was trying to add photos to "my crazy life" album. When I'm in said album on the left side are 3 links: Upload photos, Edit album, and Edit photos. When I click on upload photo instead of getting the pop up screen that you have showing Duce I automatically get a pop up window that says my file I'm trying to upload exceeds my size limit.

try again when you log on.

Alright Boss.

- - - Updated - - -

And its a negative ghost writer...

MaskedOne
18 Aug 2015, 21:25
So I go to my profile and from there go to my albums. I was trying to add photos to "my crazy life" album. When I'm in said album on the left side are 3 links: Upload photos, Edit album, and Edit photos. When I click on upload photo instead of getting the pop up screen that you have showing Duce I automatically get a pop up window that says my file I'm trying to upload exceeds my size limit.

Alright Boss.

- - - Updated - - -

And its a negative ghost writer...

Exact same error message?

Medusa
18 Aug 2015, 21:29
I did the same thing you did and uploaded an image to my album with no problems. Are you making sure you are within the maximum allowed size per file type? It shows it in the box when you scroll down like this:

MaskedOne
18 Aug 2015, 21:35
alright, I've upped your available space several fold. Try again, if this doesn't get you at least to a new error then space isn't the problem or I'm looking at the wrong setting. If it is the problem then the admins are gonna need to look at what the space limits should be because I'm not leaving the amount I allowed for without confirmation from Juni and Thal.

anunitu
18 Aug 2015, 21:39
If you need to alter pics for size or other attributes Irfanview is a very good free program for working with pics.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It will convert from Gif to png and many other formats as well.

kalynraye
19 Aug 2015, 10:34
I did the same thing you did and uploaded an image to my album with no problems. Are you making sure you are within the maximum allowed size per file type? It shows it in the box when you scroll down like this:

I wasn't getting that window at all Duce just the error message. I would click the link and it would go straight to an error message. MO I can now get that window to open and choose a file to attach but it still says file is too large. So progress! On my "manage attachment" window that now pops up on the right side where it shows how much space we have available it says I am at 3.08 MB of 1.0 MB and I am trying to delete files to see if that helps but it shows every picture I have put up on PF not just the ones in the album. Sorry this has been such a hassle.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized that there is a message on the manage attachment window that says "uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted." Mine have never deleted.

Gleb
21 Aug 2015, 10:52
If I block someone, can I be with the same person in chat? I mean do the forum functions allow that? Or is there a restriction?

Juniper
21 Aug 2015, 16:40
No, chat is a separate entity from forum functions. If you block someone on the forum it does not apply to the chat, since chat isn't provided by vBulletin.

Gleb
21 Aug 2015, 21:35
Taken into attention, thanks. :)

Maria de Luna
26 Sep 2015, 11:09
I was locked out of forum after forgetting my password and the forgot my password thingy would not send me a new password, or anything for that matter. also the random question forgot how to spell mirror and thinks its 2014...

Dust
26 Sep 2015, 12:01
I was locked out of forum after forgetting my password and the forgot my password thingy would not send me a new password, or anything for that matter. also the random question forgot how to spell mirror and thinks its 2014...

There was a post on this issue not too long ago. I guess there's an issue with that system and the automated e-mails. Everybody has to manually e-mail support to ask for the password reset now.

Maria de Luna
26 Sep 2015, 13:08
There was a post on this issue not too long ago. I guess there's an issue with that system and the automated e-mails. Everybody has to manually e-mail support to ask for the password reset now.
That's nice an all, but I couldn't find the link while not logged in, maybe it's something im a moron andr was missing but maybe Juni needs to know...

MaskedOne
26 Sep 2015, 13:36
Support@paganforum.com

Or

Webmaster@paganforum.com

Should reach Juni.

There is a contact link at the bottom of the page but it relies on the site's email server which we haven't figured out the problem with yet.

anunitu
26 Sep 2015, 16:02
I am wondering if the email is through Gmail,there is now an issue where Gmail will not allow email clients that do not meet its new security standards(I can no longer use thunderbird,mozillas email client with Gmail. Might be that if you use Gmail or a similar service.

Ahiram Hasdruba'al
10 Oct 2015, 14:14
The following errors occurred with your submission

An error has occurred Ahiram Hasdruba'al! You are not allowed to post links.

Ahiram Hasdruba'al, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

This is an error i constantly get while I'm trying to post URLs and Images
Second message was while I was trying to access the Gallery >> Add album / My albums

I'm and old member on the forums, but I am newly active on it, I'm trying to share my work with others, but this message and other error messages keep holding me back from doing anything.

Please, I ask for some assistance from moderators/admins, thank you.

Juniper
10 Oct 2015, 14:49
I'm and old member on the forums, but I am newly active on it, I'm trying to share my work with others, but this message and other error messages keep holding me back from doing anything.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. You're and old member of this forum or online forums in general?

MaskedOne
10 Oct 2015, 14:50
The following errors occurred with your submission

An error has occurred Ahiram Hasdruba'al! You are not allowed to post links.

Ahiram Hasdruba'al, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

This is an error i constantly get while I'm trying to post URLs and Images
Second message was while I was trying to access the Gallery >> Add album / My albums

Please, I ask for some assistance from moderators/admins, thank you.

Post more. You're classified as a newbie till you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts. Newbies can't post links and tend to have limits on photos. Shortly after you have 15 posts (I don't know how often the server checks but it should be within an hour), you'll have expanded privileges.

Ahiram Hasdruba'al
10 Oct 2015, 15:01
i registered last year, but now started posting

MaskedOne
10 Oct 2015, 16:30
i registered last year, but now started posting

A. You're join month and year is listed right under your avatar. That user account was created 5 months ago in May of 2015. Exxagerating your time with us will not get me to bypass forum rules for you.

B. Newbie status is based on post count. You could have joined 5 years ago and your account would still be listed as a newbie until you have 15 non-game, non-intro posts.

C. While I certainly have the ability to modify your usergroup manually, I have neither the inclination to do so or to direct other staff to do so when you could simply make 5 more posts and be promoted to registered user by the same measure required of everyone else who has joined since Juni set the current rules in place. If 5 non-game, non-intro posts (a feat that most users accomplish in a half hour) is too much hardship to gain linking rights then you have no interest in the forum beyond tossing up links and I have no use for you. Meet the standard required of everyone else, make a very convincing appeal to Thal and Juni or find a forum more to your liking. I will not make an exception for you.

Gleb
16 Oct 2015, 07:22
One time when I was with Tox in chat, she set her status for away. I tried looking for the code in the chat's list but didn't find it. How do I do that? :)

MaskedOne
16 Oct 2015, 07:25
/away sets you to away until you put in /online (least I think /online switches you back)

/afk sets you to afk till you type something new

Gleb
16 Oct 2015, 07:26
Whoot! Thanks, MO! :)

Banu
01 Nov 2015, 11:35
Have a question that couldn't be answered in the FAQ (http://www.paganforum.com/showthread.php?7254-Pagan-Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions)? Is there a problem on the forum that you can't figure out? What's up?

There's a thread to which I'd like to respond, but it's more than a month old. I don't want to annoy people but I do want to participate. Is it better to post to the old thread or post a new thread with a reference back to the old thread? Is it worse to bring up an old conversation or to spread that conversation over multiple threads? Thank you!

Juniper
01 Nov 2015, 11:49
There's a thread to which I'd like to respond, but it's more than a month old. I don't want to annoy people but I do want to participate. Is it better to post to the old thread or post a new thread with a reference back to the old thread? Is it worse to bring up an old conversation or to spread that conversation over multiple threads? Thank you!

Pm me link to the thread and I'll let you know

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 00:54
I was trying to be funny and a post failed and I got a warning for something that was clearly humour and not a swear ... are your filters set to 'nuke it with fire'? just so I know an all

MaskedOne
19 Nov 2015, 01:02
I was trying to be funny and a post failed and I got a warning for something that was clearly humour and not a swear ... are your filters set to 'nuke it with fire'? just so I know an all

Did you get an automated warning or did a staff member actually say something? If a staff member said omething then I need to see the post that netted their attention. If the post was blocked and you got an automated warning then I need to know what the warning said since to my knowledge we don't use automated warnings for language. We do have a mod in place if you tried to respond to anything over a month old to ask if what you're saying is worth the effort of bringing back a half-dead thread but that has nothing to do with language and everything to do with how long a thread has gone without a post.

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 01:11
Automated warning
was the we are sick of editing posts for language - dated from before I joined

MaskedOne
19 Nov 2015, 01:18
The hells? That notice shouldn't have anything to do with posts. I stuck it on an announcement and broadcast it across all subforums but its just an announcement, it isn't attached to anything else. It actually expires in a few days anyway. I have a force read attached to the site rules thread that won't allow you to do anything till you've read them but that is also independent of posts. It triggers against everyone. Neither of these should have prevented you from making a post.

EDIT:

Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Attempt the post again. If you get a warning then take a screen shot and upload it to the site so an admin can look at it. I have a decent amount of time in the next 24 hours to investigate but not till after I crash for a few hours.

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 01:26
It seems to be triggering every 10 or so threads I read then

- - - Updated - - -

and
if I try to post when it triggers I lose what I tried to post. I've been watching my post carefully for language since it hit me the first time and I lost a 5 paragraph post. I thought it must have been triggered

iris
19 Nov 2015, 01:28
I see it like once or twice a day too... but it hasn't stopped me from posting.

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 01:28
I'm on win 10 if that could affect anything

MaskedOne
19 Nov 2015, 01:30
http://www.paganforum.com/announcement.php?f=27

It's the link above popping up?

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 01:42
10-20 times a day

- - - Updated - - -

sleep man. I'm copying everything b4 I post it now in case it's some stupid idiosyncrasy of my system

Willow
19 Nov 2015, 02:08
For the record, I'm on windows 10 too and aside from the announcement force-read thinger I've never had anything take over my screen and keep me from posting. Not sure if it helps, but just in case.

thalassa
19 Nov 2015, 03:32
if I try to post when it triggers I lose what I tried to post. I've been watching my post carefully for language since it hit me the first time and I lost a 5 paragraph post. I thought it must have been triggered

I hate this. I generally try to remember to copy long posts before I hit post, just in case something breaks in the internet...but sometimes I forget (and of course, that is always when something goes wrong)

Juniper
19 Nov 2015, 14:31
I'm gonna need to see a screen shot of the error next time you get it. Also, what forum theme are you using?

Marradin
19 Nov 2015, 19:29
1. no error msg , the post fails and it dumps me back to the forum main page and makes me read the announcement again. or the thread I was trying to go to doesn't load and same happens. it might be because I tend to have 20+ tabs open at a time as I'm constantly researching stuff for my book, listening to music ect.

2. there's more than one theme? well I haven't touched that stuff

Gleb
25 Dec 2015, 07:40
Is there an option of tagging users in different threads?

Juniper
25 Dec 2015, 08:47
Tagging users isn't an option in this software.

Gleb
25 Dec 2015, 08:53
Ok, thanks.

Gleb
26 Dec 2015, 09:05
I noticed some members have different titles, even if they're not supporters or staff. Is there a secret way of having one? ;)

Juniper
26 Dec 2015, 09:38
I noticed some members have different titles, even if they're not supporters or staff. Is there a secret way of having one? ;)

I can't remember off hand (and can't check right now) but I think people with 1k+ posts may also have the option to change user titles. Check in your UserCP.

Gleb
26 Dec 2015, 09:42
I can't remember off hand (and can't check right now) but I think people with 1k+ posts may also have the option to change user titles. Check in your UserCP.
Aahhhh now I see. Thanks! :D
Haha, I am feeling all mighty! Juni, you're great. ^_^

Juniper
26 Dec 2015, 09:43
I'm really not.

kalynraye
31 Dec 2015, 16:52
How do I make a poll? There is probably information on the forum about how to do it but it really is hard to tell your MIL that you don't want that second martini and I can't seem to find it. Help please.

MaskedOne
31 Dec 2015, 17:09

You should see the "post a poll" option displayed on the screen shot when you make a new thread. Check the box, pick a number of option and when you submit thread, it should walk you through making the poll itself. If the option isn't there then I need to look at you permissions.

Juniper
31 Dec 2015, 17:10
How do I make a poll? There is probably information on the forum about how to do it but it really is hard to tell your MIL that you don't want that second martini and I can't seem to find it. Help please.

Here ya go. :)
http://www.paganforum.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_polls

kalynraye
31 Dec 2015, 17:20
Here ya go. :)
http://www.paganforum.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_polls

Thank you!!! I did it I did it.

Bartmanhomer
14 Jan 2016, 13:05
I got a question, Is spell begging allowed in this forum?

volcaniclastic
14 Jan 2016, 14:17
I got a question, Is spell begging allowed in this forum?

What do you mean by spell begging?

anunitu
14 Jan 2016, 14:19
Just a guess,but beg for a love spell,or maybe just a sex spell..ignore me,I am just thinking out loud.

Bartmanhomer
14 Jan 2016, 14:32
Oh I see. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see the post. What I mean by spell begging is asking a spell and let the other people explain it to you. I know that are some forums that probhibits spell begging but I just want to make sure if this forum allow spell begging.

thalassa
14 Jan 2016, 14:40
Oh I see. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see the post. What I mean by spell begging is asking a spell and let the other people explain it to you. I know that are some forums that probhibits spell begging but I just want to make sure if this forum allow spell begging.

We don't prohibit it expressedly, but most members frown on it as a general custom. Its annoying.

That being said, HOW something is said matters.

"Hey, I'm looking to perform a spell to find a job. Does anyone have any ideas for spell components? Can anyone tell my about their experience in a spell to find a job?" <------this is GOOD

"Hey, I want to do spell to find a job. Please give me your job spells." <------this is ANNOYING

DON'T ask FOR a spell, ask for help with creating a spell.

Bartmanhomer
14 Jan 2016, 14:42
Ok now I understand. Thank you.

Gleb
22 Jan 2016, 09:36
Can I somehow prevent a person from sending me pms? It seems that blocked people can still send each other pms.

anunitu
22 Jan 2016, 10:03
Look under Private messaging settings,not sure,BUT it looks like you may be able to control them a bit.

It says this:
Only from Contacts and Moderators: but I am not sure exactly how this works. this so not everyone can message you I think.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a link to the VBulletin Manual,and "May" be a good place to check.
http://www.vbulletin.com/en/manual/

- - - Updated - - -

That link seems more for admins than just plain users.

Gleb
22 Jan 2016, 10:04
Thanks, anu. It says "From contacts and moderators" and "all members". I want to prevent one user from sending me a pm.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's something only staff members can do.

anunitu
22 Jan 2016, 10:16
Not sure,but this link has some stuff about messages.
https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_pm_explain

It is a forum about forums stuff..maybe search it.

- - - Updated - - -

Checked something,and contacts are friends. If you have this person as a friend,maybe unfriend him and set only contacts and admins.

MaskedOne
22 Jan 2016, 11:01
In order:

A. If the individual is a listed as a friend then Anu is right that they may be able to bypass ignore settings
B. You received a PM from a staff member recently. Please copy your response to the entire admin team. The three of us work at different points today so our ability to share information with each other and react in a timely fashion is suffering.

Gleb
22 Jan 2016, 11:09
Ok, no problem.

Medusa
22 Jan 2016, 19:22
Gleb hun, you seriously need to learn to say no.

habbalah
29 Jan 2016, 15:42
The forum keeps randomly logging me off while I'm actively browsing and posting.

Juniper
29 Jan 2016, 16:47
The forum keeps randomly logging me off while I'm actively browsing and posting.

Typically, when I see this happening there's some sort of plug-in interference. If you have any, check to see if they're all up to date or are reporting some sort of error. Or your browser version may have some incompatibility issue. Did you recently update?
If it's not that, then clear your cache.

habbalah
29 Jan 2016, 18:54
Typically, when I see this happening there's some sort of plug-in interference. If you have any, check to see if they're all up to date or are reporting some sort of error. Or your browser version may have some incompatibility issue. Did you recently update?

I actually just cleared my cache before coming back and posting. I changed some settings on my browser, so let me fuss with those.

Bartmanhomer
01 Feb 2016, 13:24
I got one question, how come we don't have a moderator in the chatroom? :confused:

MaskedOne
01 Feb 2016, 14:49
Global Mods and Admins retain authority in chat. Most of us just aren't spending much time in there now. If there's a concern about conduct that has occurred in chat then PM a staff member with the time and day of the incident as well as people involved. I'm pretty flexible if you aren't sure of the exact time but having the day right makes checking logs easier. Chat logs are expansive and take a while to load so we need somewhere to start searching.

Bartmanhomer
01 Feb 2016, 16:47
Oh I see. Ok then.

habbalah
01 Feb 2016, 21:43

The forum just made me change my password. Maybe that was the problem.

habbalah
22 Mar 2016, 15:59
Is there a mod specific to The Lounge section?

Juniper
22 Mar 2016, 16:02
Is there a mod specific to The Lounge section?

Nope (not yet). All GMs handle that section.

habbalah
22 Mar 2016, 16:05
Nope (not yet). All GMs handle that section.

Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I direct a question to the right person.

Bartmanhomer
14 Apr 2016, 21:10
I got a question, Where's the link of the Pagan Forun Facebook Page?

Medusa
14 Apr 2016, 21:15
I got a question, Where's the link of the Pagan Forun Facebook Page?

https://www.facebook.com/paganforum/?fref=ts

Bartmanhomer
14 Apr 2016, 21:16
Thanks Medusa.

toxicyarnglare
14 Oct 2016, 20:46
I've been having some issues with the chatroom tonight. When I tried typing a message, the chatroom continuously said "Error 503" as messages. I also had some connectivity issues last night, but nothing to the scale where I can't use the chatroom at all.

kalynraye
29 Oct 2016, 15:39
I can't put a space between my words when I respond to someone's post. I have to type it in word copy and paste it. I can however start fresh and make a new post without any space problems. What did I do?

MaskedOne
29 Oct 2016, 16:52
I can't put a space between my words when I respond to someone's post. I have to type it in word copy and paste it. I can however start fresh and make a new post without any space problems. What did I do?

I'll look at your profile tonight. Does this issue hold across multiple devices and browsers?

MaskedOne
29 Oct 2016, 19:58

Alright, your profile seems normal and all told this doesn't sound like something forum software does. My suggestions in order of easiest to most irritating

1) Log into PF with a browser you don't normally use (Chrome if you like Firefox, Safari if you like Chrome, anything sane if you like IE, etc). See if the problem persists.
2) Log into PF from a different machine and possibly a different browser, see if the problem persists.
3) If 1 and 2 are both yes then I'll neuter stafftest temporarily and let you log in with it to see if the problem holds up
4) If we reach 3 and the answer is no then I may need to take dramatic measures to get a look at this problem. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. If we reach step 3 and you still run into problems with stafftest then there's a problem local to your devices that wasn't bypassed by step 1 or 2.

Also if you are running a particularly aggressive form of no-script then disable it and see if that fixes the issue.

DragonsFriend
30 Oct 2016, 11:01
Is it possible that you hit the "Insert" key and turned it to "type over" on your keyboard?

kalynraye
08 Nov 2016, 14:04
Alright, your profile seems normal and all told this doesn't sound like something forum software does. My suggestions in order of easiest to most irritating

1) Log into PF with a browser you don't normally use (Chrome if you like Firefox, Safari if you like Chrome, anything sane if you like IE, etc). See if the problem persists.
2) Log into PF from a different machine and possibly a different browser, see if the problem persists.
3) If 1 and 2 are both yes then I'll neuter stafftest temporarily and let you log in with it to see if the problem holds up
4) If we reach 3 and the answer is no then I may need to take dramatic measures to get a look at this problem. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it. If we reach step 3 and you still run into problems with stafftest then there's a problem local to your devices that wasn't bypassed by step 1 or 2.

Also if you are running a particularly aggressive form of no-script then disable it and see if that fixes the issue.

It fixed itself for whatever reason so I will take it.

Is it possible that you hit the "Insert" key and turned it to "type over" on your keyboard?

No because it was only on the PF website. My spacebar worked fine on every other site without problem. I also open multiple tabs instead of opening each individual thread, and none of them were working.

monsno_leedra
08 Nov 2016, 14:19
Don't know if it is applicable but I started having a similar problem where my space function stopped working on my last line of text. Would be typing and near my final line the space function simply would stop. I'd have to go back and delete everything to the last character to the previous line. Sometimes it cleared, sometimes it didn't. Not sure if it was related but was deleting a bunch of spyware that I had picked up and once all that was gone the space problem also seemed to have vanished along with it.

Was it connected? Can't say for sure but the similarity to what was being described above sure was similar. As to which spyware I can't say as I ended up with a number of them at the same time. Yeah I go to some less than honorable adult sites at times he he he

Heka
08 Nov 2016, 15:16
^^ Just happened to me.

Did a quoted quick reply ('reply with quote') and after my first word the space bar wouldnt work. Going Advanced fixed this issue.

I also had a post just before where I couldn't click the start of the line of text, it highlighted the first letter blue, and when i pressed a button it deleted it. I got around it by adding a new line above (enter from the previous line of text), put the now missing letter in, then pressed Delete till they were one word again.

How odd.

Juniper
08 Nov 2016, 16:29
What browsers are you guys using? Is your version up to date? Any plug-ins that may need to be updated? Does the problem follow you to other browsers?
What theme are you using? Does it follow you to other themes?

Heka
08 Nov 2016, 17:37
What browsers are you guys using? Is your version up to date? Any plug-ins that may need to be updated? Does the problem follow you to other browsers?

Only happened online, not on my phone. Chrome, up to date. Don't know about other browsers themes. Only happened once, used exactly the same features without any other issues. Just that one time on each.

kalynraye
08 Nov 2016, 21:15

I'm also using Chrome and it is up to date.

anunitu
08 Nov 2016, 21:38
I would hope it is not caused by a certain politician(no names) that may have broken the internet for reals.