PDA

View Full Version : Ave Satanas (the Ask a Satanist thread)

Medusa
09 Oct 2010, 13:05
Hmm..so this is the third thread I had going on Satanism. I am a LaVeyan Satanist going on 23 years now. As a Modern Satanist, I am an Atheist and not a theistic Satanist. Though I can still try to answer those questions for you.

*links to come later

teenpagan
11 Oct 2010, 11:41
i have also studied Lavey's work, the bible, the ritual and the satanic witch and found it very appealing but i feel that most of my belief was apart of spirituality in a sense and i couldn't drop what i have experienced in Wicca ritual though i still adopt a lot of laVey's philosophy today.
-anyway-

were you atheist before you discovered modern satanism?
or were you involved with paganism or other related religions before you found your true belief.
if that makes sense

from Wolff

Medusa
11 Oct 2010, 12:43
Good question. I was 'raised' Catholic by my mother and family (my father went along with this, though he was more of a spiritual person and not a particular faith)I was also given the opportunity, both opportunity wise and purpose wise, to be around people of other faiths. I attended Jehovah Witness Bible studies classes. My best friend in elementary school had Pagans as her parents. My other best friend later was Lutheran (I visited her church a few times) And the neighbors next to me were Hindu. When my father passed away my mother still had us attend church but it was dwindling.

So by 12 I had began my journey to find a religion for me I guess. I did attempt to follow my brother with his Baptist faith. He's a Baptist minister and he thought I needed some help. We would discuss the bible..but his answers....sounded so full of bs. I gave that up. I was in essence actively searching not for God, but proof of God. No luck.

I did start with Wicca. And I found it (being honest here )to be a very unbalanced green version of Christianity. I was a girl of darkness and found no such place for me in that religion. I tried a loose version of Paganism. I picked Egyptian gods and goddesses to fill my altar. But I found I was totally fooling myself and I just wanted something to replace Catholic rituals. By 15 I had finally decided to give Satanism some consideration. I used to go to Tower Records (for those newbie humans, that's the most AWESOME record store ever made!) It was THE hang out place for rebel teens and every scene in between. I would browse their New Age section and would pass the Satanic Bible all the time. And I will admit, I was afraid to pick it up. Afraid of the unknown. But after a while, I did end up buying it. And right from the get go..I found myself in the pages. I found that I believed intrinsically and naturally the ideas being discussed here.

Also at this time, my grandmother had a cleaning lady named Mrs Teresita. She also owned a "Botanica". It's an herbal shop many Hispanics go to for home remedies etc. She also was a practicing Santerian. She took me under her wing and I learned many things of the dark arts. I learned about herbs, and stones, candles and colors, days of the moon, times of the year, tarot, tinctured, cures, poisons. The whole thing. Even into some of the darker areas. I was able to find a Grotto and joined for a few years. Eventually I drifted from that and became a solitary Satanist.

All the time..I have been an Atheist.
There is no God is a false statement because I have no way of really proving it.
There is no God for me is an absolute truthful and factual statement. Because I am the proof of that statement.

Clive
11 Oct 2010, 15:49
From what I know of Anton LaVey's teachings, I have respect for the Church of Satan and can relate to some of its philosophies. One thing I wonder, though, is how rituals involving the invocation of demons fits into an atheistic group. Unless I have read erroneous information, the rituals conducted by LaVeyan Satanists involve calling Satan himself as the "demon of the south quarter," I believe it was. Is it not absolute rule that atheists reject the idea of gods and spirits or have I missed something?

Shahaku
13 Oct 2010, 07:56
I'm not quite sure I understand how you can beleive in Satan, but be an Aethiest. And what is modern vs. theistic Satanism?

Medusa
13 Oct 2010, 13:44
To Clive:

is how rituals involving the invocation of demons fits into an atheistic group.
LaVey was pretty clear what rituals actually do for a person. Ritual is a form of giving a person 'perceived' control over what is often many times an issue where our control seems to be out of our own hands. He called ritual an " Intellectual decompression chamber"

The "intellectual decompression chamber" of the Satanic temple might be considered a
training school for temporary ignorance, as are ALL religious services! The difference is that
the Satanist KNOWS he is practicing a form of contrived ignorance in order to expand his will,
whereas another religionist doesn't - or if he does know, he practices that form of self-deceit
which forbids such recognition

Unless I have read erroneous information, the rituals conducted by LaVeyan Satanists involve calling Satan himself as the "demon of the south quarter," I believe it was.
We don't actually believe the demons are...demons. They are simply a manifestation of a certain concept. If I were to say to you " Behave like a banshee" Though I have no belief is such thing, I could emulate the characteristics of said Banshee. Your mind makes a strong connection to a word that has standard meaning. Stop acting like a Mad Hatter! Behave like an angel. He's so strong he's like Superman! None of these are real beings. But we all get a very gut visual on what they mean.

Is it not absolute rule that atheists reject the idea of gods and spirits or have I missed something?
Yes. But we are human creatures. And when doing a ritual, we need to rid ourselves of shallow thoughts and reach deeper into ourselves. A place where feelings and emotions and instinct lives.

I'm not quite sure I understand how you can beleive in Satan, but be an Aethiest. And what is modern vs. theistic Satanism?

Most Laveyan Satanists are indeed Atheists. We do not worship Satan in any real true sense. He represents an archetype that tailored to each individual. Luciferian and Setians (I think that's how they are called) Believe in Lucifer as an actual being.

Traditional Satanists are theistic. They view Satan and demons etc as real beings.

Modern Satanists are Atheistic. They view Satan and demons and symbols to use to invoke or evoke human traits.

Clive
13 Oct 2010, 13:58
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

teenpagan
14 Oct 2010, 09:00
that also cleared alot for me also medusa, the whole demon thing had also confused me haha thankyou :)

from Wolff

Shahaku
15 Oct 2010, 17:14
Got it now. Thanks!

spartacandream
16 Oct 2010, 11:54
What attracted you to Satanism?

Medusa
16 Oct 2010, 16:23
What attracted you to Satanism?

Good question. I liked that Satanism doesn't lie about motives. There are no excuses. No passing the buck. And though you strive to be a sort of ultimate being...being human is NOT a sin that needs to be saved. That being a human being who makes mistakes is ok. I liked that my life was put into my own hands. And Satanism gave me the tools to keep it that way. I liked that I didn't need to be saved. That there wasn't something intrinsically wrong with me...from birth. I really liked the no nonsense, no bs attitude. It shoots straight from the hip in harsh unapologetic language...just like me.

Shahaku
16 Oct 2010, 18:42
So, as I've been asking others on religions I'm not as familiar with:

Do you have any basic tenets, like rules to follow?

What are the most important stories/people in the religion?

Medusa
16 Oct 2010, 21:31

There are no 'rules' other than my own. But there are general statements that most Satanists agree with. The basic 101 would be the 9 Satanic Statements and the 11 Rules of the Earth.

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his ďdivine spiritual and intellectual development,Ē has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

And...

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in anotherís lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

As for important people and or stories? There are no 'stories of myth' to be told. As for people? Anton LaVey is an important person to us. But then after that? It really depends on who influences you in particular. Poets,philosophers, actors, politicians, environmentalists. Whatever motivates you in your life.

thalassa
16 Oct 2010, 21:32
" 5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal."

*wonders what the mating signal is*

Medusa
16 Oct 2010, 21:35
" 5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal."

*wonders what the mating signal is*

I am going with " Don't be a douche or douchette" You start flirting with someone and they aren't flirting with you? Or are in a relationship? Well you get what comes to you. Either a good time from a whore or whore man...or a big fat punch in the face. Take your chances!

Shahaku
18 Oct 2010, 05:35
Do you have any holidays? If so, are they more for secular reasons than religious ones as you are athiest? What about theistic Satanists? I'm thinking Christian holidays would be a no-go, but... I don't know.

ps. I was working my way through a lot of these religious threads on the old site, and many of my questions were getting answered that way, but I ran out of time so I'm posing those that were left.

Thaleia Chara
18 Oct 2010, 22:18
I really like the 9 Satanic Statements and 11 Rules of the Earth. Except for one here and there they seem pretty rational to me.

I have a question though. In your Religious Outlook you wrote LaVeyan Satanist and you are a modern, atheistic Satanist, does that mean that Traditional, theistic Satanists call themselves something else?

Ophidia
18 Oct 2010, 23:08
I have a question though. In your Religious Outlook you wrote LaVeyan Satanist and you are a modern, atheistic Satanist, does that mean that Traditional, theistic Satanists call themselves something else?

My sister was a theistic Satanist back in the 70s/early 80s, before she became Wiccan in the early 90s. She never referred to herself specifically as a 'theistic/deistic' Satanist. I'm not sure if it's because she didn't know other types of Satanism might exist, or if it was because other sects didn't really pop up until more recently. I'd never heard of Setianism before the late 90s, and I still think to myself that they're trying to ride on the shirt-tails of 'true' Satanism.

Medusa
19 Oct 2010, 01:13
I really like the 9 Satanic Statements and 11 Rules of the Earth. Except for one here and there they seem pretty rational to me.

Modern as in not the Traditional Satanists..who tend to be theistic. They could be called Traditional or spiritual etc. It's just to differentiate theistic and Atheistic really.

thalassa
19 Oct 2010, 05:39
So...why call one's self a Satanist then? Why not just call it ego-driven atheism?

(tries to think of the other gazillion questions that cropped up in the other thread)

Medusa
19 Oct 2010, 14:56
So...why call one's self a Satanist then? Why not just call it ego-driven atheism?

(tries to think of the other gazillion questions that cropped up in the other thread)

Good question.
Rok *for those who don't know, he was Pagan* is an Atheist. He lives his belief system his way. I've mentioned before he probably still carries his Pagan habits perhaps. Some Atheists live their belief system through Buddhism actually. Apparently some through Pantheism (winks at spartacandream) I live out my Atheism through Satanism. I believe in the philosophy of Satanism. Many Atheists don't.

As for ego driven? Technically if we really look at religion of any person...you are all full of ego. It's not such a bad thing. Satanists...just are a tad more in touch with this bit of truth I guess. :P

SunSpireFire
19 Oct 2010, 22:48
Do the 11 Rules of the Earth come specifically from satanism or a branch of it? or is that adopted from something else?

I'm surprised, because I agree with every one of them. Which leads me to want to be more informed on the subject in case it should be something that fits well with me, and might be something I would follow.

Are there links to accurate information on satanism? I'm not shy to say I'm a bit afraid to google it. Also not doubtful the results I might get would be most inaccurate.

FantasyWitch
20 Oct 2010, 02:50
Jodee I have loads of questions for you hun! In my current searching I am researching everything and to be honest after reading the Nine Satanic Statements and the 11 Rules of the Earth I suddenly feel really fascinated!

So what is the attraction to Satanism? Is it the hedonistic nature of it, because it does come over very much as self gratifying. Sort of Utilitarian in a sense.

Medusa
20 Oct 2010, 15:17
Do the 11 Rules of the Earth come specifically from satanism or a branch of it? or is that adopted from something else?

I'm surprised, because I agree with every one of them. Which leads me to want to be more informed on the subject in case it should be something that fits well with me, and might be something I would follow.

Are there links to accurate information on satanism? I'm not shy to say I'm a bit afraid to google it. Also not doubtful the results I might get would be most inaccurate.

The 11 Rules of the Earth are specifically used with Laveyan Satanism since they are directly from Lavey himself.
One of the most comprehensive user friendly website for people wanting to know about Satanism is http://www.dpjs.co.uk/index.html
It's ok. Click it!

Jodee I have loads of questions for you hun! In my current searching I am researching everything and to be honest after reading the Nine Satanic Statements and the 11 Rules of the Earth I suddenly feel really fascinated!

So what is the attraction to Satanism? Is it the hedonistic nature of it, because it does come over very much as self gratifying. Sort of Utilitarian in a sense.

Well. You might think it's full of hedonism. But note, there is NO passing the blame or whining in Satanism. There is no whoa is me allowed in Satanism. You take full responsibility for your actions whether you like it or not. You pay every single consequence for every bad decision you ever make. I am being harsh here for a reason. Fascination is wonderful. Reality is that you have to be one hard as fuck person to be a Satanist. You know me. You really don't want to be like me. :P

FantasyWitch
20 Oct 2010, 15:23
Fascination, nothing more. I'm kinda not wanting to be anything right now, however it still interest me a great deal :D Thanks for the answer anyway hun. X

Hoho
27 Oct 2010, 00:45
I have to say, that this philosophy of laveyan satanism is very interesting. Could you explain two of the eleven satanic rituals of the earth for me? I'm afraid I don't get it.

4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.

What classifies as annoys you? And is this after they breach number 11? It seems kind of silly to "treat cruelly and without mercy" if the annoyance was something that was something that someone wouldn't really know until you told them. Like, general things can be considered in advance, but certain personal likes and dislikes can't be known if you haven't been to the persons house before. For example, I absolutely hate it when people are eating around me when I'm not and everyone else isn't eating in my house, although I think there is something a little more specific in the scenario that I can't think of off the top of my head or that I'm not aware of. Because certainly if a friend came over and was like, I'm starving, got anything to eat? I'd be like sure, help yourself to whatever, because we're all human and we gotta eat. Though like when I'm in my room doing whatever, and my roommate comes in and is eating and I can smell it, I find it deathly annoying. Anyway!

Also I don't understand the english on number 8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Can you reword it? Too many negatives. Is it like, don't complain about shit that isn't your problem, or like, more specifically isn't in your grounds to complain? Like, I hate smoking, the smell of it etc, but I could give a flying **** less if you are smoking, as long as it's not around me, I can't smell it, the cost of it isn't affecting me, it's not affecting others negatively, or if you aren't complaining about it. As soon as you complain about it, like "This smoking is costing me so much money" Me: Then quit smoking. Second time you say it, Me: You already know what to do, quit complaining about it. I also find this interesting how this philosophy still leaves open the ability to just bitch and complain to friends and family. I love complaining about shit to some friends, because it just makes me feel better, getting it out and just saying it, and they do them same to me.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, is that your real picture there, your avatar?

Ophidia
27 Oct 2010, 01:26
Also I don't understand the english on number 8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

See, I totally 'get' this one. It's one of the few religious tenets I've been able to fully embrace.

"I can't stand when they put these hoochie-mamas on t.v. Do you see the way that girl is dressed? Oh my Lord, how can she stand to walk around that way? Doesn't she know how offensive that is?!" on & on & on ad nauseum....

Are you being forced to watch that t.v. show? Are you being forced to read some book or article that offends your sensibilities? Is someone tying you into the Clockwork Orange chair & cutting off your eyelids so you can't blink or close your eyes?

In other words, if something that you can walk away from, change the channel or stop doing - then get away from it, put the book down, change the channel, and don't subject yourself to it any more! Voila! If it's bothering you enough to complain about it, go away.

Small children bother me. You don't see me at Disneyland, bitching about how many kids there are running around like small screaming roaches. Reality TV bugs me. I don't even have a t.v. & when people at work are watching yet another reality show on the breakroom t.v., instead of sitting in the breakroom & ruining their break by complaining, I go somewhere else, like outside, to take my break.

In other words, it means get off your butt & exercise some free will.

Madness
27 Oct 2010, 11:06
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/Tejrinde/Emoticons/Wave/smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif

Are you a member of the Church of Satan? Or another organization (I think there are others, but don't recall off the top of my head)? If not, have you ever been involved in the group version of this religion? What are your thoughts on that type of organization?

Medusa
27 Oct 2010, 14:18
Let's start with the easy one first! And I love love love your smilee!

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/Tejrinde/Emoticons/Wave/smiley-raising-waving-hand.gif

Are you a member of the Church of Satan? Or another organization (I think there are others, but don't recall off the top of my head)? If not, have you ever been involved in the group version of this religion? What are your thoughts on that type of organization?

I am not a member of the CoS. I do belong to a forum of the Modern Church of Satan, but I am not an official member. I do not mesh will with organized religions on the whole. The CoS, as it is now, is full of bloated egotistical egos. If I wanted that I would have stayed in the Catholic church. It's leadership though, may finally be taking a path back to its original form with the returning of one of its older members Boyd Rice. There's too much political nonsense to really get into. But I do not belong nor do I wish to belong to the CoS. And most LaVeyan Satanists do not belong to the CoS.

4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
This is one of those statements that is harsh in its wording. Yet delving deeper it's about your own right to treat others in your home your way. You have a right to treat them cruelly and without mercy. But mostly we don't. Also I would note that in other wordings of this statement they use the word LAIR. In the context of...someone coming in and trying to harm your home and hearth. You have a right no matter what, to take care of your shit.

Here is a quote on how this rule can also be viewed:

There have been multiple times when someone in my "lair" has annoyed me. Sometimes I forgive, sometimes I don't. However I don't think I've ever treated anyone cruelly and without mercy. Likewise I have definitely annoyed people (sometimes even intentionally) when in their own domain. They haven't treated me without mercy either, and I don't believe they'd have been warranted to do so (authoritive condemnation of my actions would be a much better start). These two laws are pretty broken, or, I am not capable of interpreting what LaVey meant by them. I think he may meant "you have a right to treat people in your home how you wish", which would explain why you have to give respect in someone else's place, because they too have this right.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
If it isn't your problem, then do not complain. If you want to make it your problem, don't complain but do something.

This is one of the greatest pieces of social advice ever. Satanists aim to be powerful people, taking their lives into their own hands because if you can't look after yourself, no-one else will. If something is wrong that you could easily change then change it. It's pro-active. Don't moan, complain or whinge, simply deal with it. Life is not fair and never will be, you need to not complain about that which is not fair and go about rectifying the problem.
source (http://www.dpjs.co.uk/index.html)

Btw, is that your real picture there, your avatar?
Yes, That's me with my new haircut. :)

SunSpireFire
27 Oct 2010, 15:52
So, with interest peaked, in a way I've not been interested in anything in a long time... I found a PDF version of the Satanic Bible and have been reading through it (it shall be added to my various religions bookshelf). I have to say, It's fantastic. And it's also astounding how much of it applies to myself, as well as how much stereotype and taboo is passed around by ill-informed word-of-mouth on the subject.

I think the one big question I had on it was why it was decided to call it satanism and not something else, when satanism, and satan the words, hold so much negative imagery. But that was quickly explained, in a logical, well thought-out way. It leaves me wishing that the majority of the christian believer's really DID understand their own religious concepts, and also that people knew more about what being a satanist is, outside the stereotype of what they THINK it is.

---
Also it takes note of an intrinsic part of me (my asexuality if you will.), that I've never been able to find cited in other religious doctrine.

the study continues!

Medusa
28 Oct 2010, 00:51
I am glad you are enjoying the Satanic Bible. Seriously, if the word Satanic was taken out of it, most people would have to fess up that they agree with alot of what's in there. It's very down to earth basic common sense. I enjoy this religion tremendously because it fits who I am. The very complex nature of myself...well I don't have to compromise myself to be a Satanist. It just...fits.

spartacandream
31 Oct 2010, 06:56
Being that he worked in a circus before, and having watched one of his interviews, and seeing some of the rituals done in the Church of Satan, I think the whole calling it "satanism", "CHURCH of Satan", and using "satan" may have had as much to do with his being into grabbing attention, as it was for whatever other reasons.

Why do they call it Satanism? Why Satan? I know theistic Satanists sometimes see Satan as the adversarial spirit, but I forgot why Laveyans called it such. Same reason?

Medusa
01 Nov 2010, 01:08
Being that he worked in a circus before, and having watched one of his interviews, and seeing some of the rituals done in the Church of Satan, I think the whole calling it "satanism", "CHURCH of Satan", and using "satan" may have had as much to do with his being into grabbing attention, as it was for whatever other reasons.

Why do they call it Satanism? Why Satan? I know theistic Satanists sometimes see Satan as the adversarial spirit, but I forgot why Laveyans called it such. Same reason?

Semantics really. Theistic Satanists see Satan as an adversarial spirit. Atheistics see him as an adversarial archetype. We are probably both seeing Satan in the same light. Using his image for the same purpose. But one is literal while the other is metaphorical. You also have to take into consideration the era LaVey created LaVeyan Satanism. It was in the 60s. 1966 the Satanic Bible came out. Pretty much back then to be an adversarial type, you simply need be opposite of the establishment. Up was down. Right was wrong. Etc etc.

spartacandream
03 Nov 2010, 15:36
Semantics really. Theistic Satanists see Satan as an adversarial spirit. Atheistics see him as an adversarial archetype. We are probably both seeing Satan in the same light. Using his image for the same purpose. But one is literal while the other is metaphorical. You also have to take into consideration the era LaVey created LaVeyan Satanism. It was in the 60s. 1966 the Satanic Bible came out. Pretty much back then to be an adversarial type, you simply need be opposite of the establishment. Up was down. Right was wrong. Etc etc.

That makes sense. Even though I don't claim to be a Satanist, my views/beliefs in many ways sound alot like LaVeyan Satanism. When I first learned about it reading the Satanic Bible, much of it just made sense, and was in line with stuff before. The only reason I don't call myself one is that I don't like drawing attention to myself, and am afraid that I'd draw up too much negative attention. Especially living with baptist fundamentalist parents.

Hjarrand
04 Nov 2010, 04:03
Wow, reading this really reminded me of myself... I am also respecting those 11. rules of the earth, although never knowed they are named like that...

Yet i still have some questions:
1. Does Satanism have any sects, like the Catholic Church have/had?
2. I've read that you are not member of Church of Satan. But. Have you been in any church or temple, ''I don't know how the Satan's worshiping place is called''? Attending the (is this correct?) Black mass?

Dez
04 Nov 2010, 06:41
Medusa, we've talked before about how you have confidence, and are better at saying "no" then when you were my age...how else would you say Satanism has influenced how you perceive yourself, and interact with the world at large?

Medusa
08 Nov 2010, 01:29
Whoopsie. Somehow this didn't show up in my unread threads. Weird....

1. Does Satanism have any sects, like the Catholic Church have/had?
Well there are two main paths in Satanism. And the sects will belong to one or the other.

Theistic Satanism:
Luciferian
Temple of Set
LaVeyan Satanism (incorporating rituals)

Atheistic Satanism:
Laveyan Satanism
Modern Satanism
As you can see LaVeyan can be in both sects depending upon how the user...well uses the symbol of Satan.

There are many smaller ones, but those are the main ones that I am aware of off the top of my head.

Have you been in any church or temple, ''I don't know how the Satan's worshiping place is called''? Attending the (is this correct?) Black mass?
There aren't any churches per say. Satanists will form a grotto (aka a coven) and do their worshiping, gathering, rituals etc usually in a secluded outdoor spot. Or even in a practitioner's backyard, basement or hell...front room. The location is not really sacred.

how else would you say Satanism has influenced how you perceive yourself, and interact with the world at large?
Good question. Before Satanism I was a victim of...well monsters. Those monsters scarred me and formed my personality before I had a chance to form it myself. Satanism allowed me to tap into that rage and primal hate. And instead of turning it into something vile and destructive to me? I used it to form a very personal and strong archtype. That of Medusa. I learned through Satanism how to form a new me. To become the uber me. And to not fear showing it. As a larger woman..I am not frightened to say I am beautiful. I am Independant. I use. I manipulate. I conquer. I slither and snake. Pretty much I decided I was going to be a bad ass man in a woman's body!

But seriously? Satanism allowed me to accept who I wanted to be. And to not fear expressing that. It allowed ME to be important in my life and not put myself last. It allowed ME to view things through these eyes. And not through what someone else wanted me to see. I have my own voice. My own morals. My own code of conduct. All formed from my own thoughts. No other hand moves me other than my own. It allowed me to reclaim myself. I may be someone's daughter, some man's girlfriend, some boss's employee. But I am my own woman first. And Satanism really taught me not only how to do it, but how not to apologize for it.

Ophidia
22 Dec 2010, 08:49
I know you're not a theistic Satanist, but could you go over the whole 'son of Satan/Anti-Christ' thing for us?

calfhill
22 Dec 2010, 09:18
A friend of mine is a Satanist (although not LaVeyan), and atheist. He believes life is just biology and nothing more. When our bodies die, it's over. There is nothing after. Do you believe that and, if so, isn't it a bit depressing to believe there's no afterlife?

Mod Note: Fixed ;)

Medusa
22 Dec 2010, 14:19
I know you're not a theistic Satanist, but could you go over the whole 'son of Satan/Anti-Christ' thing for us?

Oh man. I am sooo not capable of answering this question from a Satanic point of view. Although I do know the myth from a Catholic point of view. Satanism doesn't really look into Anti Christ stuff. But Catholics? Oh they sure do. I will give you a link to the Catholic version of the AntiChrist. Most importantly it's not just An Antichrist. It's more like which one?....
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01559a.htm
Trust me, it's a fascinating read!

A friend of mine is a Satanist (although not LaVeyan), and atheist. He believes life is just biology and nothing more. When our bodies die, it's over. There is nothing after. Do you believe that and, if so, isn't it a bit depressing to believe there's no afterlife?

Mod Note: Fixed ;)

The most accurate answer I have is this: I do not know what happens to me when I die. I know what happens to my body. But not the 'other' parts of me. And with that...do any of us? Really? No one knows what ACTUALLY happens. We have knowledge based in faith, hunches, hopes and prayers. But none of us actually know. So in that YOU are in the same boat I am in.
Is it depressing?

Well I am a person with depression. I know of other depressing news besides that. There is no Santa, no God, no free coupons without a hitch. I still live a relatively happy life aside from that knowledge. ;)

Amber
22 Dec 2010, 14:24
no free coupons without a hitch.

What do you mean there are no free coupons without a hitch *faints*

Chalice
28 Dec 2010, 01:55
This topic should be called "Ask a LaVeyan Satanism" ! as I disagree with all of your responds.

Dumuzi
28 Dec 2010, 01:59
Read the first post in this thread ;)

Hmm..so this is the third thread I had going on Satanism. I am a LaVeyan Satanist going on 23 years now. As a Modern Satanist, I am an Atheist and not a theistic Satanist. Though I can still try to answer those questions for you.

*links to come later

Chalice
28 Dec 2010, 02:13
Read the first post in this thread ;)

I read all of the posts yesterday.What I'm saying is "Ave Satanas (the Ask a Satanist thread)" represents all of satanists and as I know LaVeyan Satanism is not the only Satanism system, maybe the most popular.We have Spiritual Satanism like JoS or Freelance Spiritual Satanists, we have Reverse Christians, we have African Spiritual Satanism, etc. and except Reverse Xians, all of the mentioned paths disagree with Atheistic Satanism.

Ophidia
28 Dec 2010, 05:28
This topic should be called "Ask a LaVeyan Satanist" ! as I disagree with all of your responds.

Instead of making broad statements like that, why don't you go over some of the specific points that you disagree with from your own perspective and experiences? Maybe give us all who aren't Satanists some varying points of view?

Chalice
28 Dec 2010, 07:06
Instead of making broad statements like that, why don't you go over some of the specific points that you disagree with from your own perspective and experiences? Maybe give us all who aren't Satanists some varying points of view?

I won't without permission of Medusa.this is her topic.

Lane Trip
28 Dec 2010, 09:20
Well if it would be okay with Medusa, I think we could turn this thread into a LaVey and Spiritual/Theistic Satanist thread as to cover both spectrums. Or Chalice you could start your own thread. I have actually taken an interest in Spiritual Satanism so I think a thread for it or adding it to this thread would be good.

Medusa
28 Dec 2010, 22:14
I won't without permission of Medusa.this is her topic.

I think you are totally free to post here as a reply. But to be clear, maybe starting your own thread would do us some good too. Since like I stated, I am not a Theistic Satanist. And as an Atheist it's very hard for me to answer deity inspired questions.

*as a side note....
As for Joy of Satan? It's a racist Nazi loving piece of yahoo shit. Good luck.

Chalice
29 Dec 2010, 00:00
I think you are totally free to post here as a reply. But to be clear, maybe starting your own thread would do us some good too. Since like I stated, I am not a Theistic Satanist. And as an Atheist it's very hard for me to answer deity inspired questions.

*as a side note....
As for Joy of Satan? It's a racist Nazi loving piece of yahoo shit. Good luck.

Ok I'll start a new thread.

oh and about Joy of Satan, yeah I started there and JoS had an important role in opening my eyes but I never followed them after what I found out about Salem Burke, a High Priestess of JoS and other facts about JoS and for some time I had problems with JoS struggling with them on their Yahoo Group.at last I left it in disgust but their website information is helpful for some spiritual satanists however now I have better resources.I am a Freelance Spiritual Satanist or as some say an Ancient Pagan.

Lane Trip
29 Dec 2010, 08:42
OK, like I said I would in my other thread, I am going to give my opinion on LaVey's teachings from the Satanic Bible.

First of all I want to state that I did find it inspiring. It definitely made me think about a lot of different things about life any myself. I found it most inspiring to be myself more and not be afraid of what others will think or do. But at the same time I do have a few issues with LaVey.

The main issue I have is that I think he takes his teachings too much to the extreme. Example: He says you should take revenge on those who harm you and never turn the other cheek. Well sometimes I can see that. Sometimes people need to people taught a lesson so that they won't keep on doing the same to other people and harming even more. But sometimes turning the other cheek is better. Sometimes getting revenge over something, usually something petty, just causes more problems. Because the other person retaliates back and it just becomes an endless cycle of revenge that could have easily been avoided had you just been mature and walked away from the situation.

And the biggest thing I have an issue with is the whole indulgence thing. I do agree that yes, you should enjoy things in life and not make yourself miserable trying to follow some religious moral code and ethic. But I think he takes it to far. I know he touches on responsiblity a bit but don't think he does it enough. So many people could just indulge in eating, drinking, and even drugs. Which wouldnt lead to happiness, just addiction and death, or alienation from friends and family because your indulgence becomes a problem. And he seemed to dislike anyone with any sort of religious discipline, and I disagree with that. I admire the Buddhists monks and other strong religious people for their discipline. It takes true strength to have will power like that. LaVey talks about being strong, but any weak fool can indulge, it takes strength and will power to discipline one's self.

Over all, he does make some good points but I do have issues with LaVey. I pointed out the main ones because I think you see my point. But the Satanic Bible is a good read and will make you think. I would definitely recommend it to be read.

And for me personally, I just can't be atheist. I have seen and felt too many things that I just can't ignore. I currently am polytheistic but don't have a set path yet. Currently taken interest in Spiritual/Theistic Satanism.

Medusa
29 Dec 2010, 14:50
The main issue I have is that I think he takes his teachings too much to the extreme.

Yes. I can agree with this. He was an extreme man. It's up to you (the Satanist) to think for yourself and draw your own limits and comfort zones.

Now about turning the other cheek. There are may times when I have done just that. And...many times when I have not. The thing about being a Satanist is this..it's your choice. There is no technical right or wrong, no sin or virtue when it comes to your actions. You are the individual responsible for your actions. Not LaVey.

As for indulgences? People who merely read the Satanic Bible and stop at that are bound to get the wrong idea. Indulgence is tempered with 100% responsibility. You stated he touches upon it. Well...it's one book. The paragraph below will touch upon that.

Something that people may not get when reading through The Satanic Bible. It's a book. With pages. Satanism lives beyond that book. It's all the other stuff that gets expanded upon that matters. The Satanic Bible is a book about Satanism. It is not however, Satanism en total.

LaVey talks about being strong, but any weak fool can indulge, it takes strength and will power to discipline one's self.
But it takes a Satanist to indulge and be disciplined.

magusphredde
29 Dec 2010, 17:06
But it takes a Satanist to indulge and be disciplined.
I think I will indulge in some cinnamon pudding cake ... But just one small slice ... For now ... 8)

Lane Trip
29 Dec 2010, 18:59
OK, I think I get it a bit more now. Thanks for clarifying a bit more Medusa. I am very fascinated by Satanism and in a way might actually consider myself that right now. But I would consider myself a form of Theistic Satanist because I am polytheistic and do see Satan as a god.

Medusa
30 Dec 2010, 01:47
OK, I think I get it a bit more now. Thanks for clarifying a bit more Medusa. I am very fascinated by Satanism and in a way might actually consider myself that right now. But I would consider myself a form of Theistic Satanist because I am polytheistic and do see Satan as a god.

Take your time. As they say..there is a pot for every lid. :)

Dez
30 Dec 2010, 07:36
Ok, hun, I read Satanic Witch. There are a ton of comments I want to make, questions to ask, etc, but its too much to ask pf my phone(and I'm trying to find a quote and my little phone kindle app is not cooperating)

So, for the moment I wanted to say thank you so much for suggesting it! More to follow soon!

Medusa
30 Dec 2010, 19:27
Ok, hun, I read Satanic Witch. There are a ton of comments I want to make, questions to ask, etc, but its too much to ask pf my phone(and I'm trying to find a quote and my little phone kindle app is not cooperating)

So, for the moment I wanted to say thank you so much for suggesting it! More to follow soon!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to any questions on it.

Dez
31 Dec 2010, 15:54
Ok, here we go. I *still* can't find the quote I was thinking of, and so I'm kicking myself for not highlighting it. Maybe on my second read-through I'll catch it and ask. Oh, boy, do I have a story for you, though.

First, I have to say I'm impressed by the things Lavey pulls off by sheer confidence and force of personality. Holy cats. The fact that the man is long dead, and can be that charismatic, even if you totally disagree with what he's saying. It seemed to me as though the most valuable advice he gave wasn't "magic" in any way, shape or form, but pragmatics, with a flare for the dramatic. It also seemed like the really valuable stuff wasn't dressed up, but simply things that he had noticed as a result of his experiences in life. Sometimes, it even feels a bit as though he says things to throw off people who don't continue to use their brains, who would eat up every little thing he's saying. Would you say that's an accurate assessment, or would you disagree?

I'm still rather confused about the clock. It seems like a useful tool, especially to "pin" someone you've only just met. However, it falls apart with people I know well. On the other side, though, it seems helpful if you are trying to create a stereotyped image of yourself.

I think one of the most helpful things for me, was that I hit a point where I realized that in feeling like I can't express myself unless I'm goth-ish, etc, etc...I've been swimming upstream. Everyone always tells me how "sweet" and "cute" I am, and that's exactly what I keep trying to throw right out the window. There are other ways for me to feed my interest in the dark and unusual, things like a future profession choice, or the sort of people I let myself feel attracted to. Right now, though, in small town Idaho, a sort of 50's housewife image can open doors in a way nothing else possibly could.

So, I decided to put it to the test, using my local LDS ward as guinea pigs. We've had multiple discussions about the patriarchal nature of that setting, so this ought to make sense. I've been to this ward twice since we moved: the first time, I wore pants and a sweater (pants for women are a big no-no), and the second time in an unusual, slightly steampunkish outfit. Except for a woman in female leadership, who's job it is to get to know new members, no one spoke to me, because I was rebelling against expected norms. No one asked me if we were new, and even she didn't make sure someone visited, called, etc, like she was supposed to. Totally cold.

After reading this, I was curious.

So last week, I went to sacrament meeting with the kids. I took extra care with my hair and makeup, but didn't scrub myself to death, or wear heavy perfume. I wore a pink blouse, with a little black, lacy tank that peeked out if I leaned over to far, and a skirt that was longer then standard, but has a habit of pulling up underneath my legs if I move around on the bench taking care of my kids. Little kitten heels. Little choker pearl necklace. I felt ridiculous, leaving the house.

Soo....sat in church, third row from the front. Didn't take the sacrament(don't really see a reason to), but my kids took it. True to form, the dance that always happens, and that I always fought tooth and nail before, took place, and my shirt got tugged on, and my skirt pulled up in back, etc, etc.

Two members of the bishopric, and three "helpful and concerned" men from the congregation came up to me at various times while I was getting my kids ready to leave. The Ward Clerk played the "I MUST have met you, and just don't remember your name!" card, and the bishop took my hand and offered me sympathy that it "must be so hard" to have a husband who works so much, and for me not to worry if that means I can't make it to church every week, he completely understood. Etc, etc, ad nausium, from 5 different, yet astonishingly predictable men.

A little, very well-trained part of me felt like the biggest bitch on the planet. The rest of me felt more vindication from that one experience then any amount of slacks-wearing could ever provide.

Medusa, thank you for that. In a strange way, it was extremely healing for me.

Medusa
01 Jan 2011, 03:40
The most important lesson I learned was the idea of inventing yourself. Off the path of this...Marilyn Manson is really a role model when it comes to this. I am pretty sure he must have read The Satanic Witch! You project an image that matches what you feel is your 'true' self. And others will then project that back to you. Eventually...you become what you have created. Which is really the core meaning of becoming your own god in Satanism. It's a powerful feeling when you can manipulate men so easily. Yeah yeah. I know how that sounds. It's something you can control. Which makes you happier in the long run.

As for the clock. Well...it's a fun thing to dabble with. It's a general idea. And when we really dig deep in it..it actually does work. Though we might not be able to see deeper into people tor really understand that. I think it helps when you are generally trying to get to know someone. As when they show the diagram of a large masculine man..though inside at the core he's a feminine woman. It makes sense to me. But that takes a bit more experience to play with it.
http://blog.blazingangles.net/whatsthis/opinions/lavey-three-selves.jpg
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s352/capnspauldy/TSW-clock.jpg

I, personally am a classic 6 o' clock(with leanings toward the 7 mark). And I've cultivated myself to this even more so. Pulling out of me those classic 6 elements. I would thus be compatible with a classic 12 male. But the male I am with would be more between a 12 and 3. Which still works because when I see that I could be a 7, the opposite comes into contact with 12-3 anyways.

Anyways...I am glad you found the book helpful. And yes, it's a very pragmatic book. No mumbo jumbo. And though LaVey has been known to be a sort of misogynist..I wouldn't take advice about how to interact from men..from anything but. He's simply telling the truth!

Witcher
10 Jan 2011, 05:54
How much prejudice do you deal with because of your path? Does it bother you or do you like having something unique to identify with regardless of what people think?

Medusa
10 Jan 2011, 15:31
How much prejudice do you deal with because of your path? Does it bother you or do you like having something unique to identify with regardless of what people think?

None really. And no, I don't hide I am a Satanist. Nor do I wear pentagrams on my head to draw attention to it. Two answers though. One pertains to on-line and one pertains to real world.

On-line. I have been on numerous forums. From Fundamentalist Christian,Fundamentalist Muslim,Agnostic,Hard Atheist,Interfaith, Pagan, Satanist. On all I have gained friends and friendly on-line people. I have also gained a few who have systematically attacked me. But not because I was a Satanist per say (since I've been attacked on Satanic boards as well) but because I am a loud mouth obnoxious bitch with an opinion that is usually very unsafe in thought. But my penache for gab and a skin as thick is ademantium, I am able to navigate this internet world with still much fun and gusto! I am usually the cat with the mouse..and not the other way around. I get into debates constantly. None really ever have to do with my religion. Probably because my religion can be found in all religions to some extent. And that either scares the shit out of you...or not. Most poeple will agree with some basic principals of Satanism. It's not like some dude is gonna be like 'how dare you have self responsibility!' My Satanism is known where it is relevant. On music sites it's not the top thing I talk about etc. But on religious sites? It's really more of talking to others about their beliefs then them talking about mine. There's is vastly more interesting than mine. I have no deities, rituals, HARD LAWS. It's pretty low key in the scheme of things.

Now as for real life? I have never been treated with prejudice over this. My friends know who and what I am. I have both Christian and non Christian friends...from strong belief to not so sure. I picked them. So I would never pick people who didn't accept me. In my work life, my co-workers know who and what I am..in the work limitation scheme of things. They know I am a Satanist. And I won't lie...those who are friendly with me never really talk about it. And those who don't quite..well they have a fear of me. And I enjoy that. I have cultivated that persona long and hard. And it serves its purposes. My customers don't know. Why would they? All they know about me is I am a friendly waitress.

Do I like having something unique? I think honestly it's neutral. It doesn't benefit me. I have no need to be a 'special dark snowflake'. But I am not a group person by any means. So I am comfortable in having a belief system that is individual. I have no need for outside support in my belief system to strengthen me. I don't shun that need. I bet it feels great to be in a community. I just..rather be outside of it. It's my level.

Witcher
10 Jan 2011, 17:38
None really. And no, I don't hide I am a Satanist. Nor do I wear pentagrams on my head to draw attention to it. Two answers though. One pertains to on-line and one pertains to real world.

On-line. I have been on numerous forums. From Fundamentalist Christian,Fundamentalist Muslim,Agnostic,Hard Atheist,Interfaith, Pagan, Satanist. On all I have gained friends and friendly on-line people. I have also gained a few who have systematically attacked me. But not because I was a Satanist per say (since I've been attacked on Satanic boards as well) but because I am a loud mouth obnoxious bitch with an opinion that is usually very unsafe in thought. But my penache for gab and a skin as thick is ademantium, I am able to navigate this internet world with still much fun and gusto! I am usually the cat with the mouse..and not the other way around. I get into debates constantly. None really ever have to do with my religion. Probably because my religion can be found in all religions to some extent. And that either scares the shit out of you...or not. Most poeple will agree with some basic principals of Satanism. It's not like some dude is gonna be like 'how dare you have self responsibility!' My Satanism is known where it is relevant. On music sites it's not the top thing I talk about etc. But on religious sites? It's really more of talking to others about their beliefs then them talking about mine. There's is vastly more interesting than mine. I have no deities, rituals, HARD LAWS. It's pretty low key in the scheme of things.

Now as for real life? I have never been treated with prejudice over this. My friends know who and what I am. I have both Christian and non Christian friends...from strong belief to not so sure. I picked them. So I would never pick people who didn't accept me. In my work life, my co-workers know who and what I am..in the work limitation scheme of things. They know I am a Satanist. And I won't lie...those who are friendly with me never really talk about it. And those who don't quite..well they have a fear of me. And I enjoy that. I have cultivated that persona long and hard. And it serves its purposes. My customers don't know. Why would they? All they know about me is I am a friendly waitress.

Do I like having something unique? I think honestly it's neutral. It doesn't benefit me. I have no need to be a 'special dark snowflake'. But I am not a group person by any means. So I am comfortable in having a belief system that is individual. I have no need for outside support in my belief system to strengthen me. I don't shun that need. I bet it feels great to be in a community. I just..rather be outside of it. It's my level.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed earlier you were talking about not really liking the CoS in its current incarnation. Do you think that Satanism lends itself to being solitary because of the focus on the individual? Also, for someone who has read the works of LaVey, what would you recommend beyond just his personal work to investigate more into LaVeyan Satanism on a philosophical level?

Also, I have a Satanist friend who is also very much into Ayn Randís brand of Objectivism. Iíve had this friend tell me that the philosophies are very similar, all that ego is good, personal liberty is the highest goal, etc. Do you look to other atheistic philosophies such as Objectivism or Existentialism to mix with your LaVeyan outlook?

Thanks!

Medusa
11 Jan 2011, 13:56
Sorry, I'm not ignoring you. The forum was down and I could not reply.

Do you think that Satanism lends itself to being solitary because of the focus on the individual?
Yes. And usually the kind of individual who is a Satanist tends to be somewhat anti social or leary of mass groups of a religious nature! But because the religion emphasizes individuality, it's hard to form a tight knit community. Though...we tend to gather loosely with one another. But it's more to have a good time really. I mean. We are Satanists. I don't quite imagine myself meeting another group and doing something solemn and oh so boring. I'd be more apt to chat them up about life (and not about religion) and go have a drink. We aren't consumed with our religious laws and how we can get away with breaking them without going to hell. We just live.

Also, for someone who has read the works of LaVey, what would you recommend beyond just his personal work to investigate more into LaVeyan Satanism on a philosophical level?
I was an avid reader when I first started out (lack of time, deteriorating eyesight has me back at ground zero) some books that most Satanists would agree are good recommendations:

The Satanic Bible - Anton Szandor LaVey
The Complete Witch - Anton Szandor LaVey
The Satanic Rituals - Anton Szandor LaVey
The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
The Church of Satan - Michael Aquino
The Law Is For All: The Authorized Popular Commentary of Liber Al Vel Legis Sub Figura CCXX, the Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley, Louis Marlow

Do you look to other atheistic philosophies such as Objectivism or Existentialism to mix with your LaVeyan outlook?
I am a writer. I read more about writers then I read about people who write about philsophy. Other than Neitzsche, I am not one to read about philosophers. My LaVeyan outlook is shaped now by my own personal experiences. I might remember dabbling in other views and reading up on them years ago. You have to understand this though. I started at the age of 15. I read many books back then. Alot on religion and philosophy. A big portion on myth and symbolism in art. I am now 39. I've been doing 'Satanism' for some 24 years. After a while your own philosophy on your own experiences supersedes what you read. Know what I mean?

Medusa
03 Feb 2011, 18:40
I became to sacrament meeting with the kids. I assumed extra care with my hair as well as makeup, but didn't cancel myself to death, or wear heavy perfume.

Satan approves

Medusa
08 Feb 2011, 01:42
Open for business.

Dez
08 Feb 2011, 08:06
Yay :)

I'm wondering what you'd suggest I read next.

MaskedOne
08 Feb 2011, 12:34
The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

I'd push this one for just about anyone. The author and I have some disagreements on life in general but the book was laid out well with some decent examples and it approaches life from a mindset that is occasionally useful if not something I wholeheartedly endorse. It's one I need to order actually. I want my own copy instead of pulling it from the library.

FireySerpent666
16 Feb 2011, 13:28
A LaVeyan "Satanist" can hardly be called a Satanist since they don't really acknowledge Satan in the first place!
They do not "own" Satanism either like they think they do. Satanism is actually a form of Paganism, please do your research:

www.JoyofSatan.com

www.ExposingChristianity.com

shadow1982
16 Feb 2011, 13:34
A LaVeyan "Satanist" can hardly be called a Satanist since they don't really acknowledge Satan in the first place!
They do not "own" Satanism either like they think they do. Satanism is actually a form of Paganism, please do your research:

www.JoyofSatan.com

Wow, really?? 2nd post on the forum and you use it to effectively attack a long standing member's believes because you happen not to agree! Personally I think you should learn some manners, but it probably isn't my place to say so.

LuciaStar
16 Feb 2011, 13:56
They do not "own" Satanism either like they think they do.
... Seriously? I think LaVayen Satanist's can be called Satanists. Like any religion, there is going to be atheistic forms of various religions and you don't have much right to say who is or who isn't whatever. :|

Dumuzi
16 Feb 2011, 13:58

This must have been asked 14513451 times already. They use Satan as a symbol.

In the same token Christians don't 'own' Christ. Yet, they use his name for their religion.

Medusa
16 Feb 2011, 15:24

www.JoyofSatan.com

How old are you kid?

FantasyWitch
18 Feb 2011, 09:11

www.JoyofSatan.com

I've sent you a PM, just so you are aware. X

Gardenia
18 Feb 2011, 12:31
I don't think it looks like they'll be coming back...

FantasyWitch
18 Feb 2011, 15:33
No, I don't think so either. But a PM needed sent, just to clarify a few things., X

Medusa
18 Feb 2011, 15:34
No, I don't think so either. But a PM needed sent, just to clarify a few things., X

You let me have no fun!

FantasyWitch
18 Feb 2011, 15:45
You let me have no fun!

I was just checking how old they are :P And I learned from experience not to rumble with you :P You ALWAYS win. haha. <3 x

Dumuzi
23 Feb 2011, 04:33
I didn't know where to post this. It was either going to be the LOL thread or the Rant thread. Because it made me laugh and facepalm at the same time. But then I decided to post it here, just to let you know that I'm the 'real' Satanist around here, or rather the true Anti-Christ (so it's not Marilyn Manson after all).

From: http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/02/glenn-beck-off-the-rails-and-into-the-abyss-with-joel-richardson-and-zuhdi-jasser/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w-tHia0KIc

So to make this on topic, here's a question. How do you feel about people stealing your 'Satanists' label and applying it to other people?

Dez
23 Feb 2011, 08:58
Want to give a lowdown, D? After 46 seconds, it was all I could do to not run screaming from the room. Beck drives me bananas.

Medusa
23 Feb 2011, 16:02
The 12th Imam is the AntiChrist.
And that's what happens when you take lsd folks.

Ophidia
21 Mar 2012, 05:02
Hey Medusa,

Are there any decent Satanism forums that are relatively newb-neutral?

Siloh
21 Mar 2012, 06:17
Medusa,

LaVey said that Pentagonal Revisionism could be seen as a litmus test for the aspiring Satanist. This greatly disheartened me, because I feel Pentagonal Revisionism is misguided in its means to an end; I feel the pieces of it relying on technological innovation could much more easily be replaced and fulfilled by use of imagination alone.

That said... How do you feel about Pentagonal Revisionism, and would you agree that it is a suitable Satanists' litmus test?

I feel vindicated in bending this or that point of Satanism, but LaVey pinpointed this one set of goals as the definitive test.

Medusa
21 Mar 2012, 22:39
Hey Medusa,

Are there any decent Satanism forums that are relatively newb-neutral?

Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website. Here is the thing about Satanism. We are not in the conversion business. We aren't here to 'spread the word'. So when you go to a Satanism website, it's not for people to poke around and learn about Satanism. It's mostly for Satanists to discuss topics that are related to Satanism.

With that said, I do belong to two Satanic forums. One is strictly academic and doesn't deal well with non Satanists coming in and asking very basic Satanism 101 questions. It's rather boring at times to be quite honest. There is however a website called Modern Church of Satan (http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com/grotto/index.php)
It's a Satanism site that is more Pro Satanism and less Anti Christianity. We tend to be Satanists who have sat a while in our belief system and aren't defensive. Dumuzi is a member there (though it's been a while)It's sort of boring for him because it's not really about Satanism 101.

Siloh. It's almost midnight and I've just finished a double shift of work. I'll get back to you in the morning. Which may be my noonish. :p

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

*changed my mind!

Pentagonal Revisionism. Oh man. I had to go back into my books to remember this stuff. I could say a lot of stuff. And then end with one good sentence. So maybe I should do that. LaVey was living in a time of extreme change in the world. The 60s. So we have to take what he said in that context. With thatÖ..I personally believe in the 5 ideals. Mind you except Iím not really into the whole android thing. Ainít my bag man (speaking in my best Austin Powers voice). What Satanism was in the beginning is not always what it is now. The idea behind these goals was two fold. One to give a set of answers as to what we are and what we want etc. The other is to say to a Non Satanist, you dig this? No? Step aside. (sorry I canít resist the 60ís lingo).

A true Satanist. And I really hate having to use that elitist phrase. But who am I kidding. Satanist are elitist. A true Satanist knows that Satanism is not what you read. Itís not what you believe. Itís what you do with that belief. LaVeyan Satanists do not take LaVeyís every single word and call it gospel. We do not worship him as if he were Jesus. We listen to his words. We find common ground. Then we expand with our own influences.

In the end Satanism is not a book. Itís the experiences of the human that makes you a Satanist.

I should also point out this is just about one branch of Satanism. The Atheists/Humanistic branch. These would not necessarily be the goals of the Theistic branch of Satanism. Most LaVeyan Satanists will start off with reading LaVey. But they never end there.

Siloh
22 Mar 2012, 06:16
Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website. Here is the thing about Satanism. We are not in the conversion business. We aren't here to 'spread the word'. So when you go to a Satanism website, it's not for people to poke around and learn about Satanism. It's mostly for Satanists to discuss topics that are related to Satanism.

Though, if I may add, the theory and practice section is a wellspring of resources which were helpful to me. Interviews were also revealing and generally a good read. I was surprised that you don't recommend the website, Medusa. Other than it not being designed to assist new Satanists, do you have any qualms about the site and its information?

Pentagonal Revisionism. Oh man. I had to go back into my books to remember this stuff. I could say a lot of stuff. And then end with one good sentence. So maybe I should do that. LaVey was living in a time of extreme change in the world. The 60s. So we have to take what he said in that context. With that…..I personally believe in the 5 ideals. Mind you except I’m not really into the whole android thing. Ain’t my bag man (speaking in my best Austin Powers voice). What Satanism was in the beginning is not always what it is now. The idea behind these goals was two fold. One to give a set of answers as to what we are and what we want etc. The other is to say to a Non Satanist, you dig this? No? Step aside. (sorry I can’t resist the 60’s lingo).

Do you see how I feel these goals can be fulfilled through less literal means and still be effective? I mean, writing, writing anything, you are god of your own world. Proficient lucid dreaming--the world is yours to invent. I just wonder about why these goals are mostly reliant on technology, particularly when the individual's imaginative powers are so emphasized in Satanism.

A true Satanist. And I really hate having to use that elitist phrase. But who am I kidding. Satanist are elitist. A true Satanist knows that Satanism is not what you read. It’s not what you believe. It’s what you do with that belief. LaVeyan Satanists do not take LaVey’s every single word and call it gospel. We do not worship him as if he were Jesus. We listen to his words. We find common ground. Then we expand with our own influences.

LaVey is easy to fall in love with, easy to want to follow. But I entirely see what you mean. I've also found that when one Satanic idea or another arises with which I don't agree, LaVey's more broad philosophies often allow for that disinterest. Does that make sense? It's like with my technology beef; LaVey emphasized the powers of the imagination so constantly, not to mention the general "do what works for you" sentiments, that I wonder if I can be considered as disagreeing with Pentagonal Revisionism when I believe in the end product/effect but not with the means (also not into androids :D ), since I believe these goals can be easily attained in even more personal and absolute ways than technology can offer us, by way of imagination and mind.

In the end Satanism is not a book. It’s the experiences of the human that makes you a Satanist.

Always a good reminder.

I should also point out this is just about one branch of Satanism. The Atheists/Humanistic branch. These would not necessarily be the goals of the Theistic branch of Satanism. Most LaVeyan Satanists will start off with reading LaVey. But they never end there.

I am really only interested in the atheistic branch of Satanism, but I guess specifically LaVeyan, because the ideas of greater and lesser magic are simply perfect for my philosophy of appropriating the pomp and ceremony of religion without a literal deity.

Okay okay, I'm sorry, I know I'm flooding you a bit here. But, see, HP Nadramia isn't returning my emails ;)

Another question.

Until I found Petagonal Revisionism to be a stumbling block, I really thought that, yeah, I've always been a Satanic witch. I've honed my skills in lesser magic all my life in a way that seems to be "classic," if there is such a thing in Satanism, of Satanic witches.

But, as I broadened my theological research and, in particular, my study of various pagan faiths, I've found that the idea that anyone is a witch without knowing it is highly frowned upon. Nevertheless, I feel that I was a Satanic witch before I knew what that was. I don't choose to identify openly that way now, because I'm still studying everything I can, and the whole Pentagonal Revisionism thing has really waylaid me on that road. But, in terms of LaVey, I very truly feel that not only have I been a practicing (if amateur) Satanic witch but that I've known others who also have not dipped a toe into LaVey or his texts.

Basically, how do you feel about the idea of being born a Satanist and being able to practice Satanism effectively before having picked up any LaVeyan texts? And the idea of feeling someone is a witch without them consciously identifying themselves that way, just by observing their lifestyle/personal philosophies/actions?

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

(I have a bunch more questions, but I'm trying to hold off. You're just such a great resource.)

Ophidia
22 Mar 2012, 07:57
Very few. Whatever you do, do NOT go to the Church of Satan website.

It's actually not for me - I lurk the CoS on occasion, lol. But I've got the older, more 'classical' deistic LaVeyan Satanism experience. The couple of people I've been talking to are budding Setianists who think the CoS is a b.s. organization... and I think they're full of b.s., but I'd like to be able to point them towards a broader view of modern Satanism. It just seems like most of the forums I've been visiting are full of teenagers (well, I'd like to think they're teens, or maybe early 20-somethings) who are all "Ooooh, we're dark scary Satanists, fear us or we'll come kill your cats!".

With that said, I do belong to two Satanic forums. One is strictly academic and doesn't deal well with non Satanists coming in and asking very basic Satanism 101 questions. It's rather boring at times to be quite honest. There is however a website called Modern Church of Satan (http://www.modernchurchofsatan.com/grotto/index.php) It's a Satanism site that is more Pro Satanism and less Anti Christianity. We tend to be Satanists who have sat a while in our belief system and aren't defensive. Dumuzi is a member there (though it's been a while)It's sort of boring for him because it's not really about Satanism 101.

Thanks - I haven't been to it yet :)

Medusa
22 Mar 2012, 14:15
Perz (Siloh yours requires a longer answer. It's on it's way in a bit)

[The couple of people I've been talking to are budding Setianists who think the CoS is a b.s. organization
Technically...they are right. The state of the CoS and how it's currently being run is a joke. There was a big broohaha in the higher echelon of the Church. Take overs, side eyes, new personal interpretations of LaVey's road for the CoS. All this has caused a mass movement of older Satanists to leave the CoS. And honestly, most Satanists worth their true weight are not affiliated with the Cos as it stands now. It's too political with in house fights for power. Most of us have steered clear of political issues by not affiliating with the CoS.

It just seems like most of the forums I've been visiting are full of teenagers (well, I'd like to think they're teens, or maybe early 20-somethings) who are all "Ooooh, we're dark scary Satanists, fear us or we'll come kill your cats!".
Blame and thank the internet! I, and most of the Satanist my age, were 'brought up' in the Satanic community...via actual community. I learned about Satanism through actions and experiences. And didn't place all my 'credentials' on mesmerizing the oft quoted Nine Satanic Statements posted on every Satanism 101 website. Unfortunately it's hard for newer soon to be Satanists to weed through all the black eyeliner and red font to find a true understanding of Satanism. On line everything is bolder, more fascinating. The actuality of it is that Satanists have families, pay taxes and take care of their elderly parents. I know. How boring!

There is also a sense of just letting them get eaten by wolves and the strong will come through in the end. We all had to find our way and use our own judgement to figure out what was true for us. Some of us ended up on a smarter path. Some of us are Juggalos. (And yeah I mean to be offensive):p

anunitu
22 Mar 2012, 14:20
I had to look it up,and that is kinda sorta weird. Anyways:

Juggalo or Juggalette (the latter being feminine) is a name given to fans of Insane Clown Posse or any other Psychopathic Records hip hop group.

And no,I did not know that...

Medusa
22 Mar 2012, 17:02
I was surprised that you don't recommend the website, Medusa. Other than it not being designed to assist new Satanists, do you have any qualms about the site and its information?

I normally recommend http://www.dpjs.co.uk/index.html as a great reference site. For one itís extremely user friendly. And two, I canít stand websites with black backgrounds and lotís of red glowing texts. Just bugs me. But seriously thoughÖI do have qualms about the site. Sadly most of the posters are Ďinternet Satanistsí. And live in a world of bad ass machoness that only lives in internet space. Itís not reality. In reality people are shades of grey. The site is about LaVey and the Chuch of Satan. It is NOT about Satanism en total. If you look at both sites side by side you can see the limitations the CoS offers compared to dpjs.

I just wonder about why these goals are mostly reliant on technology, particularly when the individual's imaginative powers are so emphasized in Satanism.

These goals are that of one man. Anton LaVey. Who was brought up in a community of wonders and delights. And during the 60s into the 70s of course Ďmodern technologyí was a very prominent idea. LaVey used Satanism to promote and further his individual personal goal. Satanists use Satanism to promote and further their own individual and personal goal. You need not be a sheep to be a Satanist. Even if you think of following LaVey.

Basically, how do you feel about the idea of being born a Satanist and being able to practice Satanism effectively before having picked up any LaVeyan texts?

I feel the same way when I hear Muslims believe everyone is born a Muslim and reverts back to it. I think itís bunk. Sorry. Itís wishful thinking. Itís a need to feel Ďspecialí. Only the chosen few. Bunk. Humans have the ability to invent their own God. And in essence invent themselves into that Godhead. If I were to list the beliefs and practical philosophies most Satanist live their lives by. Well you would be hard pressed to find even Christians to disagree with some of the practical guidelines. Satanism follows the natural law of the world. Itís not special. Itís just Ďnaturalí. Some kids are just gonna be dumb till they die. Face it.

As for Satanic Witch. Most smart women of the world practice Satanic Witchcraft and donít even know it. Of course Eve even practiced it. And Lilith for that matter. So did Mary, and Magdalene. Of course there are those a bit more out there with the practice. Those who practice bitchcraft. Iíve recommended the Satanic Witch to a few gals here. Telling them to take heed to the practical guides of navigating this world through the feminine side. You need not be a Satanist to know how to use your powers of the feminine.

BUT. Itís not important what I believe. The idea of Satanists: born or bred is a very heated and often lengthy back and forth debate among many Satanists. At the end of the day though, it doesnít matter how you got here. If it helps you with your personal philosophy, then run with it.

Ophidia
22 Mar 2012, 19:21
Perz (Siloh yours requires a longer answer. It's on it's way in a bit)

Technically...they are right. The state of the CoS and how it's currently being run is a joke. There was a big broohaha in the higher echelon of the Church. Take overs, side eyes, new personal interpretations of LaVey's road for the CoS. All this has caused a mass movement of older Satanists to leave the CoS. And honestly, most Satanists worth their true weight are not affiliated with the Cos as it stands now. It's too political with in house fights for power. Most of us have steered clear of political issues by not affiliating with the CoS.

Huh. Didn't know that.

The actuality of it is that Satanists have families, pay taxes and take care of their elderly parents. I know. How boring!

Yup, just like the rest of us.

Some of us ended up on a smarter path. Some of us are Juggalos. (And yeah I mean to be offensive):p

I'm so stealing that. For everything.

Siloh
23 Mar 2012, 12:10
Just some comments this time:

I love the Modern Church of Satan site. Just been lurking a lot. Thanks for the link.

I agree with your answers in terms of Satanic witchcraft/lesser magic. People practice it very naturally. I just sometimes wonder how much more powerful such people, particularly a few women I know, would be if they actually studied up on LaVeyan thought (particularly the Compleat/Satanic Witch). Then again, I know people who don't have it--never did, and I doubt they ever will without something highly unfortunate pushing them in a very radical way.

anunitu
23 Mar 2012, 12:27
Evil as i am,I have decided to now rename Madusa to...."Our little Dusa coupe" I think from the Beach boys.

Hiding from Madusa's wrath,Down on the corner, out in the street.

Just to be clear about what a duce coupe is.

Siloh
24 Mar 2012, 13:37
Medusa,

It seems like the CoS, not to mention LaVey personally, denounce Aleister Crowley, yet I've seen his writings venerated by several pagan communities and have come across his name in Satanic communities decidedly separate from CoS Satanists. What is really odd to me is that he is often mentioned alongside other writers and philosophers who are generally recommended reading by the CoS for Satanic thought, such as Nietzsche. I'd obviously like to get ahold of Crowley's writing to review it personally, but I was wondering if you had experience or opinions on Crowley's work and its value in Satanic lifestyles/thought/practice.

Medusa
25 Mar 2012, 00:36
Man I wish I did. To be completely honest I don't care much for Crowley. At all. I am not into listening to what drug addicts have to say. I do, however adore Nietzsche! If you wander about on the Modern Church of Satan website you will find a very nice thread on recommended reading material. It's quite varied and interesting.

Dumuzi
25 Mar 2012, 03:58
I am not into listening to what drug addicts have to say.
And yet you listen to Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson :-p

Siloh
25 Mar 2012, 05:47
Man I wish I did. To be completely honest I don't care much for Crowley. At all. I am not into listening to what drug addicts have to say. I do, however adore Nietzsche! If you wander about on the Modern Church of Satan website you will find a very nice thread on recommended reading material. It's quite varied and interesting.

That makes perfect sense for why he is referenced in Chaos Magic. Excitatory rituals are all about that LSD/MDMA.

Ophidia
25 Mar 2012, 07:46
Medusa,

It seems like the CoS, not to mention LaVey personally, denounce Aleister Crowley, yet I've seen his writings venerated by several pagan communities and have come across his name in Satanic communities decidedly separate from CoS Satanists. What is really odd to me is that he is often mentioned alongside other writers and philosophers who are generally recommended reading by the CoS for Satanic thought, such as Nietzsche. I'd obviously like to get ahold of Crowley's writing to review it personally, but I was wondering if you had experience or opinions on Crowley's work and its value in Satanic lifestyles/thought/practice.

Once you start reading more of what Aleister Crowley actually wrote, and less of what's been written about the man, you'd understand why. Crowley wasn't a Satanist. Philosophically, he had many things in common w/Satanists, but he was if anything, a ceremonial magician and a showman. He was also a liar, a buffoon, a mountaineer, a yoga enthusiast, and yes, a drug addict.

Siloh
25 Mar 2012, 08:30
Once you start reading more of what Aleister Crowley actually wrote, and less of what's been written about the man, you'd understand why. Crowley wasn't a Satanist. Philosophically, he had many things in common w/Satanists, but he was if anything, a ceremonial magician and a showman. He was also a liar, a buffoon, a mountaineer, a yoga enthusiast, and yes, a drug addict.

I see. Good heads up. Though, of course, the showmanship part seems rather congruent with Satanism, and LaVey was a carny himself.

Care to elaborate on "baffoon"? Like, a jester or a meddling idiot?

Ophidia
25 Mar 2012, 17:55
I see. Good heads up. Though, of course, the showmanship part seems rather congruent with Satanism, and LaVey was a carny himself.

Crowley was around in the late 1800s/early 1900s, so they weren't contemporaries. Being a showman in Crowley's day was more along the lines of a huckster or snake-oil salesman. He did things for the shock value of his time. One of his favorite quotes of mine was about a painting his mother had of Christians being thrown to the lions by the Romans. He said he felt bad that there was a lion who didn't get its own Christian. I think the quote originated in Magick in Theory and Practice.

Care to elaborate on "buffoon"? Like, a jester or a meddling idiot?

Both. I don't really want to hijack Medusa's thread with Crowleyanism, though.

Medusa
25 Mar 2012, 23:56
And yet you listen to Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson :-p

But I don't look to music to form my philosophy.

*smack smack!

GabrielWithoutWings
26 Mar 2012, 00:05
I had to look it up,and that is kinda sorta weird. Anyways:

Juggalo or Juggalette (the latter being feminine) is a name given to fans of Insane Clown Posse or any other Psychopathic Records hip hop group.

And no,I did not know that...

And, they are now classified as a Security Threat Group (that is, a gang) by the FBI.

Just FYI.

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Here's a quick question for you spooky LHPers:

Has anyone heard anything out of Diane Vera lately? All of her web sites and blogs are all outdated. I used to visit her site back in the day and check it occasionally to see if anything new has been posted. I understand that she's a theist and most of you are suitheist.

Juniper
05 Apr 2014, 13:36
Bumping to unlock

Amunet
21 Apr 2014, 22:25
I wanted to say thank you to Medusa for having this thread ^_^
I really didn't know anything about ANY form of Satanism (let alone that there were many branches).

I've read the whole thread thus far. I did have to break it up cause I feel a bit uneasy learning about it. NOTHING to do with the individuals, just that I don't feel that this particular spirituality/life philosophy applies to me. I'm searching for what I am (spiritually wise) and this helped me learn a bit about how I feel and what I do believe. So thank you VERY much for sharing yourself ^_^

Though, I would like to say that I very much agree with #7 of the 9 Satanic Statements and #'s 3, 5, 6, 9 & 10 of the 11 Rules of the earth ^_^

Again, thank you ^_^

Medusa
22 Apr 2014, 10:43
You are welcome! Most people on this forum tend to gravitate toward's Torey's side of Satanism. Since it's closer with Paganism then mine. So I just usually sit here knitting baby cloven booty's for Satan. :p

Amunet
22 Apr 2014, 10:46
Oh, I thought he'd want horn warmers :p

Medusa
22 Apr 2014, 10:47
Oh, I thought he'd want horn warmers :p

Well that's for his birthday. :o

Bjorn
23 Dec 2014, 12:17
When it comes to the LaVeyan Clock (I know, I know, I still can't decide), what's your opinion on taking into consideration what other people perceive of you?

For example, people tend to assume I'm smart and scary/aggressive and that tends to pull me towards the 12-4 o'clock (in my interpretation) area, though I see myself much more from 8-12 o'clock.

Obviously, I can identify as I want but I find it much easier to see the archetypes in other people than in myself, and a recent rereading of The Satanic Witch has me mulling over my personal style and identity, and the best thing I have to go off of are the impressions other people tell me they have of me.

Medusa
23 Dec 2014, 23:09
Well. You know you are what people perceive of you. Perception is reality. Which is why Satanic witches work with this. When I was in my 20s, I was a shy girl. I was a negotiator between my mother and brother. And others. I didn't like there to be discord. I would do whatever it took to not rock the boat. I was a floor mat. Yup. Me.

Ready for some fun facts?! Marilyn Manson changed my life. Through him I found a great role model. He completely changed his outward appearance and mannerisms to match the inside mind. He began to make people treat him like he wanted to be treated. And thus become Marilyn Manson. I found I could do the same thing. I began with my first tattoo. And I found my outward appearance began to match the inside me.

Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them. Different upon our first meeting. And then they got to know me and found I was fun and nice..and naughty. I purposely put that version of me out there. I cultivate everything people know of me. It protects me. And it's deliberate. What others see of me keeps them either at arms length due to fear. Or brings them closer to me due to understanding.

Here's the short answer. People are perceiving you a certain way. And you wonder why are they seeing me like this? You are unaware of your true natural self. They are seeing a truth in you you cannot see. Your true self is like breathing. It happens even when you aren't focused on it. They are in essence only picking up what you are putting down. (I sound so bad ass 70s when I say that!) But you know what I mean?

They are your mirror. You change what you want to see. And they will reflect that. They aren't forming who you are. They are merely showing you.

Bjorn
26 Dec 2014, 16:23
Well. You know you are what people perceive of you. Perception is reality. Which is why Satanic witches work with this. When I was in my 20s, I was a shy girl. I was a negotiator between my mother and brother. And others. I didn't like there to be discord. I would do whatever it took to not rock the boat. I was a floor mat. Yup. Me.

Ready for some fun facts?! Marilyn Manson changed my life. Through him I found a great role model. He completely changed his outward appearance and mannerisms to match the inside mind. He began to make people treat him like he wanted to be treated. And thus become Marilyn Manson. I found I could do the same thing. I began with my first tattoo. And I found my outward appearance began to match the inside me.

Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them. Different upon our first meeting. And then they got to know me and found I was fun and nice..and naughty. I purposely put that version of me out there. I cultivate everything people know of me. It protects me. And it's deliberate. What others see of me keeps them either at arms length due to fear. Or brings them closer to me due to understanding.

Here's the short answer. People are perceiving you a certain way. And you wonder why are they seeing me like this? You are unaware of your true natural self. They are seeing a truth in you you cannot see. Your true self is like breathing. It happens even when you aren't focused on it. They are in essence only picking up what you are putting down. (I sound so bad ass 70s when I say that!) But you know what I mean?

They are your mirror. You change what you want to see. And they will reflect that. They aren't forming who you are. They are merely showing you.

Excellent words of wisdom there, I appreciate your input (honestly, you're the only person I have to ask so get used to Poindexter here, sorry babe :3 ). You're damned right, too. I AM missing something when it comes to seeing myself objectively, and have been for a long time. No more. A #3 Daria is coming right up. I've already got the bangs, glasses, and sarcasm, and apparently I can pretend to be smart (I'm a fucking neanderthal but it's all about perception).

Taking the texts somewhat less seriously, and knowing as I do that I am god (just as much as everyone else is), I have deduced that, as a Gemini, there are two selves that differ in intensity from the already-presupposed demonic and majority selves. After all, I feel them both with equal intensity and they switch at any given moment. Therefore, I shall work harder to display one or the other upon my wishes.

You've helped me. Thanks!

Gleb
18 Aug 2015, 23:52

There are no 'rules' other than my own. But there are general statements that most Satanists agree with. The basic 101 would be the 9 Satanic Statements and the 11 Rules of the Earth.

And...

As for important people and or stories? There are no 'stories of myth' to be told. As for people? Anton LaVey is an important person to us. But then after that? It really depends on who influences you in particular. Poets,philosophers, actors, politicians, environmentalists. Whatever motivates you in your life.

Very interesting. I must say that #9 in the second set confuses me a bit...

habbalah
19 Aug 2015, 01:47
Everyone I've ever met has said I was frightening to them.

Scary? You? But you're a fluffy baby kit--*snort*. Almost made it through that without laughing.

anunitu
19 Aug 2015, 02:50
Was kinda wondering what you think of Anton..I knew him personally when I lived in SF..it is kind of a thing about people who live there that there are certain eating places only known to locals. You tend to run into other locals a LOT mostly Saturday or Sunday in the morning for breakfast...he was an ok person,we seldom talked his Church or path,cause you know that's like talking business while you are on vacation.

Medusa
19 Aug 2015, 07:18
I think Anton was a man. A very smart and witty man. A man who wanted to enjoy life and live to his full potential. He also loved a nice round fat ass on a woman. :p

anunitu
19 Aug 2015, 07:22
You evil lustful and quite accurate human...Who would believe humans were such randy creatures...

habbalah
19 Aug 2015, 07:23
I think Anton was a man. A very smart and witty man. A man who wanted to enjoy life and live to his full potential. He also loved a nice round fat ass on a woman. :p

Fat bottom girls do make the rockin' world go 'round.

anunitu
19 Aug 2015, 07:36
Can not right remember the song that is from...Ok,from Queen..Google is the helpful memory aid for us old farts..

- - - Updated - - -

From some of the way uptight people I have run into over time,I am at times amazed the human race has survived..I do not understand why some people are so freaked out about pleasure,like it was a bath in brimstone.

Gleb
21 Aug 2015, 10:59
Anton is a widely spread Russian name... I was surprised to know he was American.

Medusa
21 Aug 2015, 11:34
his mom was Russian/Ukranian. Don't tell anyone, but his birth name is Howard. :p

Gleb
21 Aug 2015, 11:35
Ooohhhh niiice!! :D

magusphredde
26 Sep 2015, 01:39
But she still has to look good in pj's ... :devil:

Medusa
26 Sep 2015, 10:27
But she still has to look good in pj's ... :devil:

OMG Magus! I've missed you sooo much!

*hugs and squeezes :o

Juniper
26 Sep 2015, 11:15
Magus as in magusjinx?

Medusa
26 Sep 2015, 11:46
Magus as in magusjinx?

magusjinx. I bet he forgot his password. Lol.

magusphredde
26 Sep 2015, 21:22
magusjinx. I bet he forgot his password. Lol.
Yup ... Getting olde is sooooo much fun ...

- - - Updated - - -

Magus as in magusjinx?
So when you gonna come over and watch a winter storm at the beach?