PDA

View Full Version : Ask a Theistic Satanist/Demonolator Thread

Torey
20 Jul 2014, 04:36
Because I can't let Medusa have all the fun! :cool:

But I am happy to answer any questions which someone out there may have regarding Theistic Satanism, my own personal beliefs, and also any questions about Demonolatry as my path also consists of the veneration of Demons.

There are a few other Theistic Satanists wandering around the place who should feel free to chime in where they would like...

Sean R. R.
20 Jul 2014, 09:46
I had a thread like you, but then I took a life-changing situation and doubt-forming thoughts to the knee. I got through them but forgot about my thread.

Sup? Mind sharing your pantheon?

LeviImmortal
20 Jul 2014, 10:19
I second that. What's your pantheon? Also have you spiritually traveled to any parts of hell?

Corvus
20 Jul 2014, 10:57
What are your views on the Lucifer, Satan, Devil deal? Do you believe they are the same entity or multiple entities, and what are their roles? I know most of the different opinions on them but I'm wondering your personal views.

WinterTraditions
20 Jul 2014, 19:26
(This question is if you have conversations with your deities/demons that you work with)

How do the demons you work with feel about angels, and specifically the Archangels?

Torey
21 Jul 2014, 00:50
I had a thread like you, but then I took a life-changing situation and doubt-forming thoughts to the knee. I got through them but forgot about my thread.

Sup? Mind sharing your pantheon?

lol Well, I'd be happy for you to bring your own insights and beliefs into this one...:cool:

Regarding my pantheon, it is immensely diverse. I don't follow one strict cultural or popular "vein" of Demons; however, I would say that Satan, the entities of the Qliphoth, the Four Queens and the Goetic Spirits make up my primary pantheon.

I second that. What's your pantheon? Also have you spiritually traveled to any parts of hell?

My vision of "Hell" is much different from the contemporary Christian vision of Hell. I have spiritually travelled to realms which are considered "Hells" in regards to the Kabbalistic view of the Qliphoth and the Sitra Achra. My experiences there have been rather bizarre, but not wholly terrifying.

What are your views on the Lucifer, Satan, Devil deal? Do you believe they are the same entity or multiple entities, and what are their roles? I know most of the different opinions on them but I'm wondering your personal views.

Far too vast and complex to fully illustrate here, but in essence my personal views are this:

I do not believe that Satan is the same entity as "Lucifer" or "the Devil". They are three different concepts for me - Satan is a title which is applied to many entities, but (what I believe to be) the primary entity associated with the title is the entity which I count as my Patron. I am certain that He has another name (perhaps many), but it has not yet been revealed to me.

"Lucifer" as Satan is a non-issue for me as I hold to the belief that the term, as used in the most relevant passage in Isaiah, was applied erroneously to "Satan" through common misinterpretation. I certainly do not believe that "Lucifer" is the "love and light" aspect of Satan, as some Luciferians tend to believe.

"The Devil", IMHO, is an amorphous concept, IMHO, created out of centuries of fear and storytelling which has now possibly evolved into a sentient presence - an egregore, in other words.

(This question is if you have conversations with your deities/demons that you work with)

How do the demons you work with feel about angels, and specifically the Archangels?

I do have "conversations" with my Gods - primarily this occurs through my SSC and sometimes through divination. Other times the conversations occur during dream states or during deep ritual consciousness.

As for how the Demons with whom I work feel about Angels, I honestly have little communication with Them in regards to Angels specifically at all. I have worked with the Fallen from time to time - but as for the non-Fallen, there has only ever been once instance in which They were unwilling to work alongside "Angels", "Jesus Christ" and "YHWH" - and by "They" I am referring to particular Goetic Spirits.

Aurelia
21 Jul 2014, 05:17
How did you come to your path? If its not too personal to ask :).

Does Satan have a physical form? I'm only familiar with him being horned but I also know this is how Christians painted him. But then I also see said description used by Satanists, so I'm not sure if they picked up on it or its something that in fact pre-dates the Christian notion so I get a little confused.

Also, what is the difference between a theistic Satanist and Lavey Satanism?

I believe that is all for now!

LeviImmortal
21 Jul 2014, 15:02
Regarding my pantheon, it is immensely diverse. I don't follow one strict cultural or popular "vein" of Demons; however, I would say that Satan, the entities of the Qliphoth, the Four Queens and the Goetic Spirits make up my primary pantheon.

Who are the Four Queens?

Torey
22 Jul 2014, 03:49
How did you come to your path? If its not too personal to ask :).

I came to my path after a great deal of confusion and searching.

I was raised as a Pentecostal Christian until I was about 8 or 9. My parents divorced and my mum left the church and became (what I now know to be) basically an eclectic witch - but for myself, I didn't believe in any sort of deity at all, but had a reverence for Nature (though not spiritual).

I was an atheist until I was in my late teens, and then discovered Wicca. I got into that for a few years before becoming disinterested and pursuing more of a scholarly path. I then began working within a Ceremonial Magic framework and within Neo-Shamanism. I was going through a great deal of pain with my mental illness at that time, and had an experience that I assumed to be psychotic in which Demons began presenting Themselves to me. But, during a more lucid time, through a Shamanic journey, I met an unknown entity whom I didn't know at the time was Satan - He claimed me and introduced me to what I can only consider to be a new life. From then onwards, it's just evolved.

Does Satan have a physical form? I'm only familiar with him being horned but I also know this is how Christians painted him. But then I also see said description used by Satanists, so I'm not sure if they picked up on it or its something that in fact pre-dates the Christian notion so I get a little confused.

I don't believe that I would call it "physical" as He only manifests Himself within the Otherworlds during my journeys - but within that context, yes, He does have a visible appearance. It's not horned at all, but is generally that of a normal man. My experience of His appearance is that of a tall, broad-shouldered man with medium-length, black and curly hair with a somewhat dark complexion and dark eyes. I have wanted to paint His portrait for years now - but I can't really find the inspiration to pick up a brush again.

Also, what is the difference between a theistic Satanist and Lavey Satanism?

I believe that is all for now!

The difference is essentially a belief in the literal existence of Satan as a deity. Theistic/Spiritual Satanists believe that Satan is a real being - a god - whereas LaVeyan Satanists regard Satan as a symbolic representation of many concepts, most especially of free will and enjoyment in the human experience.

Who are the Four Queens?

The Four Queens are Demonesses from Judaic mythology - Lilith, Agerath, Eisheth Zenunim and Naamah. There is actually a Fifth Queen, but I do not work with Her often and that is Machaloth, mother of Agerath.

LeviImmortal
22 Jul 2014, 09:23
Strange question, does Satan have any qualms about dating/ marrying Christians? Lol.

MaskedOne
22 Jul 2014, 10:17
Lilith as in Adam's prior wife?

If yes, do the other 3 also have human origin?

Medusa
22 Jul 2014, 13:48

Interesting enough, Lilith and her story can be found in Jewish folk lore. I'm a big fan of hers. Wasn't made from Adam but with Adam. Didn't want to take it on her back so she got banished. God decided Adam was too docile I guess and made Eve out of his rib. And Lilith hunts the children of Eve. In fact she's knows as the mother of vampires in some lore. And there is a three angel incantation you say by your baby's crib that keeps her away. I made a beautiful hand embroidered name plate with the three angels for a friend's first baby.

volcaniclastic
22 Jul 2014, 18:27
Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)

Rae'ya
22 Jul 2014, 21:35
Huh. I didn't realize Eisheth and Namaah were fallen angels. Somebody hasn't done their research properly...

(I, too, worship a Namaah, though from an entirely different fictitious standpoint...)

From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)

volcaniclastic
22 Jul 2014, 21:42
From Terre d'Ange? Reread the series with some Jewish heretic knowledge under your belt... fully half of the Companions are inspired by fallen angels. Not to mention the obvious influence of stories of the Watchers and the Nephilim. I actually found it really interesting and I think her research and understanding of what she was blending was probably deeper than most fans realise. I've been trying to get Torey to read the first series (which I own), but he struggles with non-fiction as it just doesn't hold his interest. (Incidentally, I've not read the third series.)

I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.

Rae'ya
22 Jul 2014, 21:56
I've read all three series, twice. Where do you recommend starting, with the heretic knowledge?

That's a hard one for me to answer, because I picked most of mine up via Torey and his books. If you're a Googler, I'd probably start with the Watchers and the Nephilim, and Googling the name of each of the Companions, then follow the trails. Otherwise, Torey has a stack of books (probably some ebooks also) that he references. For the most part you have to back to Jewish myth and tradition (http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/index.htm) rather than stopping at Christian or Catholic Old Testament stuff (which a lot of people do, out of lack of direction), then branch out into the Apocrypha. (http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/) But for the purposes of some background info for a reread... Google is probably sufficient.

Also... ask Torey stuff. He loves it.

And that reminds me... he has some essays he wrote about the Four Queens somewhere... hopefully they were backed up and we didn't lose them when the laptop was stolen, but if so I'm pretty sure he'd posted them at another forum... when he gets home I'll make sure he sees this. He might be willing to post them up or PM you.

Torey
23 Jul 2014, 02:00
Strange question, does Satan have any qualms about dating/ marrying Christians? Lol.

Not to my knowledge. :cool:

He is actually surprisingly unconcerned with what Christians believe and do in my experience.

Yes, that Lilith. I also second pretty much everything that Medusa said relative to Lilith. There has, within recent years, been a surge in the number of Neo-Pagans (mostly Neo-Wiccans) claiming a connection with Lilith - not surprisingly, considering she is often viewed as a champion of women due to the lore surrounding her departure from Adam.

Regarding the others, the only other who has (speculative) human origins is Naamah.

Torey, seriously. Read the books. It'll improve your sex life.

lol I've read about 75% of the first book and it was quite sexy - this conversation may just inspire me to read the rest...:p

The Zohar would be my first recommendation. Genesis: Chapter XXXII

MaskedOne
23 Jul 2014, 03:46
Not challenging the decision, just confirming the reference. I'm aware of both the lore and Lilith's current popularity. Just wanted to be sure that there wasn't a second figure named Lilith floating around. My greater interest was the second question.

LeviImmortal
23 Jul 2014, 20:51
Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?

Torey
23 Jul 2014, 22:37
Is there some sort of rite or initiation ritual one must complete to become a Theistic Satanist? Or some sort of dedication or blood oath?

There is no one ritual nor is there are requirement for initiation at all. Many choose to self-dedicate through the creation of a pact, just for the sake of theatrics and psychodrama. Others may choose to self-dedicate through a simple ritual and blood offering. If one is being accepted into a group of Theistic Satanists, the requirements of the group may be rather specific. Some Demonolators initiate neophytes through a rather elaborate ritual which involves branding the skin with the sigil of the Patron/Matron Demon.

Medusa
23 Jul 2014, 22:47
It seems to me what gathers attention to theistic Satanism is the ritual aspect. Seems to be very popular among the Pagans in general. I would like to know what percentage of your belief system plays out through actual rituals in your daily life.

Torey
23 Jul 2014, 23:05
It seems to me what gathers attention to theistic Satanism is the ritual aspect. Seems to be very popular among the Pagans in general. I would like to know what percentage of your belief system plays out through actual rituals in your daily life.

A very small percentage of my path is ritual. I don't perform rituals daily or even weekly, but when it's merited through circumstance or holy days. When I first began, I performed rituals weekly at the very least.

Now, I think that the decline is due to the fact that interact with my deities through other means such as Shamanic journey and because I am firmly seated in the realisation of my own personal power - something that I no longer need to bolster through psychodrama.

Sean R. R.
24 Jul 2014, 07:26
It's not horned at all, but is generally that of a normal man. My experience of His appearance is that of a tall, broad-shouldered man with medium-length, black and curly hair with a somewhat dark complexion and dark eyes. I have wanted to paint His portrait for years now - but I can't really find the inspiration to pick up a brush again.

This intrigues me. Of all my Gods, Satan is the only one that hasn't shown me a humanoid appearance. He manifests himself as a red smoky mist. Very powerful energy.

I would be delighted to see the outcome of such portrait.

BeginnerNewbie
25 Jul 2014, 06:23
Hi Im wondering if anyone on here can help me.

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.)

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well.

I am interested in starting my life over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are no excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me.

Thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.) I tried to do a blood pact with my altar facing north.(which i thought was for Lucifer. And also did the rituals on the joy of satan website with my altar facing north but i got my directions mixed up when calling upon entities.

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well. -(i also used the same altar and placed it south ward for Satan.

I am interested in starting my life Over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are NO excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i DO understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me......

Thankyou.

Torey
31 Jul 2014, 20:32

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.)

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well.

I am interested in starting my life over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are no excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me.

Thankyou.

- - - Updated - - -

I basically have made some mistakes regarding Theistic Satanism. In short - I tried to do a blood pact incorrectly and messed up some rituals - (I looked on the Joy of Satan website and literally just followed what it said.) I tried to do a blood pact with my altar facing north.(which i thought was for Lucifer. And also did the rituals on the joy of satan website with my altar facing north but i got my directions mixed up when calling upon entities.

Overall Im highly embarassed about getting the directions of the ritual wrong and my altar set up incorrect as well. -(i also used the same altar and placed it south ward for Satan.

I am interested in starting my life Over a Demonolator when i have studied for a while - but I worry due to these past mistakes that I wont be able to do this due to my mistakes.

The mistakes I made were due to the fact I was in a Manic Bipolar state. - I know there are NO excuses of messing up pacts and rituals but i really didn't have much of an idea what I was doing.

I know there are no excuses for the mistakes I made and i DO understand the gravity of them i just feel i need to put it right - but i really dont have much of an idea how to and id really appreciate some advise.

Please go easy on me......

Thankyou.

I've just now seen this post.

Perhaps it would be better to have created this as a separate thread.

That being said, what you've said here is far too vague. You mention that you "did some directions incorrectly" and set up your altar "wrong". If the instructions were from the JoS website, what are the "rituals" that you tried to undertake and how did you, in your words, perform them incorrectly?

Without knowing what you did "wrong" and what any potential consequences were, I can't comment further.

minty
03 Jan 2015, 11:36
Looking for more information on the demon Furfur. Links, books, what it's like to work with him, would he mind if I worked with him and a celtic (Welsh deity) anything really. Already read the standard wiki and goetic entries.
Please and thank you.

Rae'ya
04 Jan 2015, 20:38
Looking for more information on the demon Furfur. Links, books, what it's like to work with him, would he mind if I worked with him and a celtic (Welsh deity) anything really. Already read the standard wiki and goetic entries.
Please and thank you.

I've not personally worked with Furfur so I can't give you any personal experiences. But one thing that stands out about Furfur to me is that he's said to be a liar unless compelled properly. Now... I wouldn't necessarily take this as absolute fact (and please don't go trying to compel him as instructed!), because we must remember who wrote the Lemegeton and the attitudes that Demons were treated with at the time. I'm not surprised that many of them have a reputation for malice and lies, which modern Demonolators have found to be largely untrue when you approach them with respect. But it does say to me that He is not a Demon to approach lightly or frivolously. I suspect that He is a Demon who requires a proper relationship and genuine commitment in order to give you the time of day. It's possible He has a bit of Trickster about him, and Trickster deities are always a bit tricksy to work with if you don't have experience with them.

Is there a specific reason that you are called to work with Furfur? There are other Goetic Demons who have similar attributes that may be easier to work with. As to whether He will work with a Celtic deity... you'd have to ask Him that.

minty
05 Jan 2015, 05:32
I've not personally worked with Furfur so I can't give you any personal experiences. But one thing that stands out about Furfur to me is that he's said to be a liar unless compelled properly. Now... I wouldn't necessarily take this as absolute fact (and please don't go trying to compel him as instructed!), because we must remember who wrote the Lemegeton and the attitudes that Demons were treated with at the time. I'm not surprised that many of them have a reputation for malice and lies, which modern Demonolators have found to be largely untrue when you approach them with respect. But it does say to me that He is not a Demon to approach lightly or frivolously. I suspect that He is a Demon who requires a proper relationship and genuine commitment in order to give you the time of day. It's possible He has a bit of Trickster about him, and Trickster deities are always a bit tricksy to work with if you don't have experience with them.

Is there a specific reason that you are called to work with Furfur? There are other Goetic Demons who have similar attributes that may be easier to work with. As to whether He will work with a Celtic deity... you'd have to ask Him that.

i have read some books in demonolatry and am familiar with how to respect them. That said, when reading said books and coming across the list of goetic Demons I would find myself drawn to the name. I thought it's the spelling that drew me. I still keep coming across him when doing searches for other entities or other topics. Thought I might as well give in, but also didn't want to give up on what I'm trying to learn elsewhere.

Rae'ya
05 Jan 2015, 20:00
i have read some books in demonolatry and am familiar with how to respect them. That said, when reading said books and coming across the list of goetic Demons I would find myself drawn to the name. I thought it's the spelling that drew me. I still keep coming across him when doing searches for other entities or other topics. Thought I might as well give in, but also didn't want to give up on what I'm trying to learn elsewhere.

Fair enough. The reason I ask is that sometimes people choose Demons to work with based on their sphere of influence... and if that was the case here I'd say that you were probably better off to try one of the other Demons who has the sphere of influence you're after. But if He is calling you then He is calling you and it's good manners to at least answer the phone.

The standard practice for making initial 'contact' is to draw His sigil (from the Lemegeton) on a piece of paper and sleep with it under your pillow. You can then try meditation or trance to see if you can get a clearer signal, so to speak.

WickedLovely_2169
07 May 2015, 14:41
Can anyone on this thread read my thread i just posted and offer any help to my situation?

Torey
07 May 2015, 15:46
Can anyone on this thread read my thread i just posted and offer any help to my situation?

Please see my response within your other thread.

NeoPlatonic
25 Aug 2015, 18:10
Mind if I ask how you envision Hell (or the hells)?

Rae'ya
25 Aug 2015, 20:10

Torey's in bed with the flu at the moment so it might take him a few days to get to this. I asked him if there was anything he wanted me to say now but he said that "It's too hard to describe right now".

NeoPlatonic
26 Aug 2015, 19:56
There is no rush. Please tell him to take care and come back whenever he feels fine again.

Torey
26 Nov 2015, 05:44

I do apologise for my absence from the forums for quite some time.

My vision of Hell is equatable with the Sitra Achra, the realm of the Qliphoth. It is quite a complex set of concepts, so I cannot hope to elaborate upon it fully here.

Most who work with or study the Qliphothic "states of being" tend to do so from a point of view in which the Qliphoth are negative expressions of the inner being. I believe that They are very real and external, as well as internal.

Bartmanhomer
14 Dec 2015, 16:22
What's the differences between Theistic Satan and Atheistic Satan?

Torey
14 Dec 2015, 17:33
What's the differences between Theistic Satan and Atheistic Satan?

There are many, but the primary difference is that Theistic Satanists accept Satan or a Satan-like entity to be a real and external intelligence whereas Atheistic Satanists regard Satan or the figure of Satan being symbolic of a variety of things ranging from Autotheism to individuality.

Bartmanhomer
14 Dec 2015, 19:07
Cool. Another question: Do you consider Hell as the ultimate afterlife right after you die?

Torey
14 Dec 2015, 19:33
Cool. Another question: Do you consider Hell as the ultimate afterlife right after you die?

My perception of Hell is far too complex to give you a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer here. I do believe that my concept of the afterlife and "Hell" do ultimately follow physical death, but not necessarily in the immediate sense.

Bartmanhomer
14 Dec 2015, 19:42
Great. One last question: How does the Theistic Satanism get along with other religions? For example, You're a theistic Satanist and I'm a Taoist. We both have different belief systems. I just want to know what's your relationship with other belief systems.

Torey
14 Dec 2015, 21:08
Great. One last question: How does the Theistic Satanism get along with other religions? For example, You're a theistic Satanist and I'm a Taoist. We both have different belief systems. I just want to know what's your relationship with other belief systems.

For myself, personally, I have never had any conflict with other people due to religious beliefs - but I also don't tend to socialise much or discuss my beliefs with people in my everyday life such as with workmates. So I would say that I generally get on well with others and with other belief systems so long as others do not try to push their beliefs onto me since I don't attempt to push my beliefs onto them.

Bartmanhomer
14 Dec 2015, 21:22
Ok. Thanks. I'm done for now. :)

habbalah
14 Dec 2015, 21:58
I'll try to word this question so it makes sense outside of my own head. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Some of the "demons" that are in current Christian lore are actually old gods, such as Ba'al and Astarte. Does your path have a different regard for these entities that have this origin compared to say, Belial, who as far as I know has already been considered a demon?

Rae'ya
15 Dec 2015, 01:58
I'll try to word this question so it makes sense outside of my own head. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Some of the "demons" that are in current Christian lore are actually old gods, such as Ba'al and Astarte. Does your path have a different regard for these entities that have this origin compared to say, Belial, who as far as I know has already been considered a demon?

I can't answer for Torey (but I'll send him this way when he gets home from work, if he's not too tired) but I can answer from my own point of view as a Demonolator.

To me, the Demons of Christian and ceremonial lore are not that different to the 'old gods' or gods of other pantheons. I see the Demonic pantheon as another pantheon of gods... as it mostly consists of deities and powerful spirits who had some standing prior to Judaism becoming monotheistic (and certainly well before Christianity). I think that some Demons are 'powerful spirits' rather than deities, but most of them are 'deities' in my mind.

But then, to me a deity is simply a powerful spirit who has gained some ability to interface with this world via the energy fed into it from it's followers. A given spirit's rank within it's own realm may be more or less than it's power here in Thisworld, depending on who it is and how many people make offerings to it. To me Belial is no more or less a Demon than say... Nergal (Ereshkigal's husband, who is often included in Demonic pantheons as he is described in Sumerian lore as the god of pestilence).

Bartmanhomer
11 Jan 2016, 18:49
Do people sell their souls to Satan? If so, do they sell their souls when they become Theistic Satanist?

anunitu
11 Jan 2016, 19:01
I am not a satanist,but to me the idea of "Selling your soul" seems a bit strange,I mean if one dedicates their life to Jehovah,the Jewish/Christian god, is that "Selling your soul to him??"

habbalah
11 Jan 2016, 19:03
I am not a satanist,but to me the idea of "Selling your soul" seems a bit strange,I mean if one dedicates their life to Jehovah,the Jewish/Christian god, is that "Selling your soul to him??"

I was just thinking the same thing. I suppose it kind of it, if you consider it as you're "selling" your soul for salvation.

anunitu
11 Jan 2016, 19:06
It seems to me,from people I have known who termed themselves "Christian" there was an aspect of "Whats in it for me" not "I just want to be NOT in hell"

Medusa
11 Jan 2016, 19:10
You can sell your soul to Satan. But he only trades in bitcoin now.

anunitu
11 Jan 2016, 19:13
You Satanist's are so hip,I thought the whole bit coin thing was an evil plot.

ThePaganMafia
11 Jan 2016, 19:19
The great thing about selling your soul to Satan is that there is no evidence for the existence of the soul. Been scammin' that dude for years.

Bartmanhomer
11 Jan 2016, 19:46
Ok I was just being serious if people are selling their souls to Satan.

Torey
12 Jan 2016, 03:57
Ok I was just being serious if people are selling their souls to Satan.

No. The vast majority of Theistic Satanists do not believe in "selling" one's soul to Satan. The relationship is mutually beneficial, but it is generally the same relationship one would find within Neo-Paganism in regards to one's personal relationship with the Divine. Some Theistic Satanists use psychodrama and create a Pact with Satan - but it is not the same as "selling your soul".

Bartmanhomer
15 Jan 2016, 20:50
I got another question, What's your opinion on Atheistic Satanism?

Torey
15 Jan 2016, 21:59
I got another question, What's your opinion on Atheistic Satanism?

My opinion is that it is what it is. It is a valid path, like any other.

THANK...
18 Jan 2016, 01:40
Two questions:

What are your views on Reiki? Could it be useful in your practices or is Reiki too much 'love and light', or closer to my problem with it (although I still use it here and there) because there is no historical accuracy, or "Reiki? Meh."?

What are your thoughts on vampirism: do you differentiate between the magical use of vampirism, fetish, lifestyle, psychic vampirsm ('leaky chakras') or predatory spirituality (Qliphotic vampirsm, such as 'God-Devouring' through the Tunnels of Set), or "Vampirism? Meh."?

Torey
19 Jan 2016, 00:08
What are your views on Reiki? Could it be useful in your practices or is Reiki too much 'love and light', or closer to my problem with it (although I still use it here and there) because there is no historical accuracy, or "Reiki? Meh."?

For myself personally, I am not a Reiki practitioner nor have I ever received Reiki; because of that, I feel that my opinion on it may be only half-formed. I can't say that I believe that it's quackery, but I also can't say that I believe that it actually works. I do believe that some people feel that it works for them, and I simply have adopted the "whatever floats your boat" perspective when it comes to Reiki.

As for whether or not I feel that it may be useful in my practices - certainly it has the potential to be if I find that I believe in its validity and effectiveness. I confess that I am always open to new experiences and I try not to adopt a rigid mindset when it comes to alternative medical practices (although I have had a recent and not-so-positive experience with chiropractors). :sarcasm:

What are your thoughts on vampirism: do you differentiate between the magical use of vampirism, fetish, lifestyle, psychic vampirsm ('leaky chakras') or predatory spirituality (Qliphotic vampirsm, such as 'God-Devouring' through the Tunnels of Set), or "Vampirism? Meh."?

I have practiced energetic vampirism in the past, but found it to be of little real use to me and to my practice. I do differentiate between the various interpretations of vampirism - be it a vampiric lifestyle or a magickal practice. I tried to further explore energetic vampirism through some of the available resources on the topic such as Michelle Belanger's work - but I found it to be a bit too "forced" and particular to her own beliefs for my liking. Perhaps I will explore it further in the future.

I do practice the Qliphothic sorcery of my own design, although not as much these days as I once did - and notably, depending upon the purpose of a working and the Qliphothic alignment required for such, spiritual/energetic vampirism has had a part to play.

Good questions. :cool:

habbalah
19 Jan 2016, 07:27
Please excuse me if this has been asked, but how do you view other entities? Angels? Gods? Do you work with any entities besides demons? Do you believe any others exist?

Bartmanhomer
19 Jan 2016, 16:19
I got a question, How many demons are there in Satanism?

Azvanna
19 Jan 2016, 18:41
What is the most common misconception people have about your faith? Is there a value you have that other people and maybe other Satanists are surprised by?

I confess that I am always open to new experiences and I try not to adopt a rigid mindset when it comes to alternative medical practices (although I have had a recent and not-so-positive experience with chiropractors). :sarcasm:

I heard on the news today some chiropractors in Australua were being investigated because of outlandish claims. If I ever need help with my back, I see a reputable remedial massage therapist and a physiotherapist.

Torey
20 Jan 2016, 04:20
Please excuse me if this has been asked, but how do you view other entities? Angels? Gods?

I am a hard polytheist, so I generally view other entities as legitimate and individual beings (depending on the entity in question). Regarding Angels, my views of them are rather complex - but ultimately, I do not regard them in the same manner as many New-Agers (i.e., working individually with human beings, Archangels being cuddly and full of love and care for each person, etc.). I regard Angels as extensions and theophanies of IHVH.

Do you work with any entities besides demons?

I have worked with several different deities and spirits in the past - Durga, Nergal and Mati Syra Zemlya being foremost. Presently, I include my non-corporeal familiar in my workings if you would include Her as an entity; but, today I do not generally work with non-Demonic forces.

Do you believe any others exist?

I do. Again, I believe in the individuality of other gods and entities - but I also believe in the existence of a wide variety of spiritual beings such as those belonging to the realms of the Astral, the spirits of the Dead, wanderers of the Otherworlds and human-created entities such as thoughtforms, servitors and egregores.

I got a question, How many demons are there in Satanism?

For the sake of clarity, Demons exist outside of Satanism - so I would better be able to elaborate on the question of "how many Demons exist?". My answer would be that the number of Demons in existence is without number.

My personal catalogue of Demons, which I have been compiling for a number of years, consists of over 3,000 names which I have sourced from a variety of world cultures, mythologies, religions and UPG. I am certain that I will continue to discover Demons previously unknown to me for the rest of my life. Remember, too, that these 3,000 Demons are only those whose names or natures are known to Man - there are countless others which have never been interacted with before.

What is the most common misconception people have about your faith?

I would have to say, primarily, that we are equatable with Devil-worshippers and so-called "Satanic ritual abusers".

Is there a value you have that other people and maybe other Satanists are surprised by?

Most assuredly it would be my sense of compassion and kindness towards others. It's not a forced or adopted value - I am, purely by nature, a very compassionate and kind individual. Most people seem who know me in real life would never be able to reconcile the person that they know with their perception of a Satanist.

I heard on the news today some chiropractors in Australua were being investigated because of outlandish claims. If I ever need help with my back, I see a reputable remedial massage therapist and a physiotherapist.

I recently had a very good experience with a physio after an ankle sprain. I have never had remedial massage, so it is something I will definitely look into - thank you. One thing is for sure, I am steering clear of chiropractors. :mad:

Bartmanhomer
02 May 2019, 05:20
I'm bumping this thread because I have a question?

What's the difference between a devil, daemon and demon or are all three entities the same?

Gabriel9
21 Feb 2020, 19:09
I am yet to learn this myself... however as much as I can describe it...

I read that 'Satan' or whatever it is takes the form of a fair young boy, this is in Abramelin's book.

A deamon is nothing I guess, just a computer word...

Then you have your own demon and angel. When you love your demon your angel cries and try to stop you and bring you back to God or Love.

I saw a young boy, dressed in black translucent robes as well as some red laces whipping in the wind, I saw my angel go away, and I loved from all the earthly love that I have inside me my own demon, the young boy was preceding to the ceremony.

I saw in dream the seal of evil, but it is not a demon, it looks like a mandala, the center is red and has 4 squares in a kinda lozenge shape, there is pure fear of terrestrial death and great binding to live attached under the red squares which are into another lozenge, there are fire flares bursting out and circles with sharp things and symbols all over.

So each demon has a seal and is represented in some magic book in a simplified way. The only way to see this is if your demon reveal them to you. Under normal circumstances each human being's demon is face to face with your guardian angel and there should be nothing paranormal and completely or almost cut from any influences, left to be your own judge and free will of your actions and free to find how much God loves you and let all evil be, so much more powerful his love is....

Gabriel9
22 Feb 2020, 08:47
Maybe it was unclear, the demon in black robes with red laces (it is a very poor description :() was the demon of the which whom perform the exorcist of my demon so that it could posses her. I never saw my own demon but I could have a peek at my guardian angel.