PDA

View Full Version : Food Poll 5: What is your "go to" condiment?

thalassa
05 Oct 2014, 01:29
Ketchup or catsup, dressing or mayo, mustard spicy or not...

What is your "go to" condiment?

Also, do you have brand faves or do you DIY?

Medusa
05 Oct 2014, 01:42
Tapatio!
Tajin
Lemon

Rae'ya
05 Oct 2014, 01:45
Ketchup or catsup, dressing or mayo, mustard spicy or not...

What is your "go to" condiment?

Also, do you have brand faves or do you DIY?

Depends entirely on what I'm eating... which means I don't have a 'go to' condiment. Which makes my answer incredibly boring! :p

Denarius
05 Oct 2014, 01:58
I said mustard, because I'm obsessed with mustard and have an entire shelf of it in my pantry, but really anything that is on the table in a chinese restaurant. Mustard, sweet and sour, duck sauce, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sriracha, hoisin, plum sauce...

Culinary perfection.

MaskedOne
05 Oct 2014, 06:27
You gave me a secretive option that involves death threats...

:) :cthulhu: :)

volcaniclastic
05 Oct 2014, 06:49
I'm not much for condiments. I like my salads plain, I prefer herbs to sauces, etc. Although, out of all the condiments, I do use ketchup or mayo the most - mayo for sandwiches, ketchup on eggs, hashbrowns, and the like.

Or maple syrup, I guess.

But I stuck with the answer of 'not really any condiments'

Ophidia
05 Oct 2014, 09:32
Greek Tzadziki sauce. Meat, bread, crackers, veggies, bagels... If it's savory, tzadziki can make it better.

loststarshine
05 Oct 2014, 11:05
Green chilis are condiments to me green chilis make almost everything better. Not a traditional condiment not technicaly a condiment but it is my go to.

Rowanwood
05 Oct 2014, 14:40
Soy sauce, Sriracha, Greek Yogurt

Heka
05 Oct 2014, 17:20
Usually it's tomato sauce (which you nutters call ketchup) but for this I picked hot sauce, becaude if I was stuck on a deserted island I'd need hot sauce to make it all taste better.

Torey
05 Oct 2014, 17:22
Mustard, please...

LunarHarvest
06 Oct 2014, 01:49
I don't much care for condiments, but I do like some garlic at times. :3

thalassa
06 Oct 2014, 04:52
Usually it's tomato sauce (which you nutters call ketchup) but for this I picked hot sauce, becaude if I was stuck on a deserted island I'd need hot sauce to make it all taste better.

Lol, tomato sauce is for pizza and s'getti :p

I'd need the minifridge...guacamole, salsa, chipotle mayo, greek yogurt, pickled garlic paste, and pesto all the way. With a side of hummus.

DanieMarie
06 Oct 2014, 05:01
Definitely hot sauce.

I put tabasco, sriracha, or something along those lines on a good chunk of the stuff I eat. For anything else, it's European style mustards (yes, plural...usually dijon, grainy sweet mustard, or medium-spicy German mustard).

LunarHarvest
06 Oct 2014, 05:24
Definitely hot sauce.

I put tabasco, sriracha, or something along those lines on a good chunk of the stuff I eat. For anything else, it's European style mustards (yes, plural...usually dijon, grainy sweet mustard, or medium-spicy German mustard).
Oh yeah? Well I can have some very mild hot sauce, and only come close to crying! :wink razz:

DanieMarie
06 Oct 2014, 07:13
Oh yeah? Well I can have some very mild hot sauce, and only come close to crying! :wink razz:

Haha it's one thing that I brought over with me as a North American. I take spice really well, so tabasco sauce is pretty much like a slightly spicy version of ground pepper. That being said, I've had some extra spicy sauces that made me cry. Germans don't usually like spicy foods, but there's a weird cult following around hot sauce here in Berlin, where certain take-out places have a large selection of hot sauce for no apparent reason and there are whole shops dedicated to the stuff.

Hawkfeathers
06 Oct 2014, 07:41
Hot sauce! I mean Kick yo' butt HOT. Love it! And that smoky chipotle flavor.

Azvanna
06 Oct 2014, 15:09
Sweet chilli sauce for me. I put that next to as many things as I can and use it as an ingredient for other sauces - bolognaise, stir fry sauces and satay.

Heka
06 Oct 2014, 21:48
Lol, tomato sauce is for pizza and s'getti :p

Nope. Thats pasta sauce, cos its not always tomato (think alfredo). You 'muricans are nuts.

DanieMarie
07 Oct 2014, 00:02
Canadians call it ketchup too, as do a lot of other European countries. I think British English loses here :p

Also, I'm not sure how it is in the US, but in Canada people -call- tomato sauce for pasta "tomato sauce", but it's never sold like that. It's always sold as marinara sauce or something like that. It's just that all products are pretty specific.

nbdy
07 Oct 2014, 03:29
Had to choose hot sauce because there are at least 6 varieties in the fridge at any time; however, for a desert island I'd have to go with the more nutritional hummus even though it is not at the top of my condiment list.

Yorin
07 Oct 2014, 09:54
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with BBQ sauce.

Just like everything else does lol

Luna
10 Feb 2015, 08:35
With me it would be some form of spicy hot sauce, garlic, aioli and lemon :)

kalynraye
10 Feb 2015, 10:20
Siracha, ranch, mayo, honey mustard, horseradish...

habbalah
10 Feb 2015, 10:23
Hummus and garlic sauce. I would be fine forever with that.

Nue
15 Jun 2015, 13:05
Total hummus addict here :P

anubisa
16 Jun 2015, 01:20
I like mayo. I only like mustard in deviled eggs and ketchup on my hot dogs, so i'm pretty much a mayo person.

Gas Mask
16 Jun 2015, 06:15
I'd take hummus. What would life be like without hummus?

Gleb
16 Jun 2015, 07:02
Soy sauce. Very good with many kinds of food. Though I wanted to choose katchup.. :P