PDA

View Full Version : Just don't kill them...the truth about parenting

thalassa
02 Mar 2015, 17:01
So effing true. (https://medium.com/@IjeomaOluo/parenting-advice-don-t-kill-them-177b00122ca8) (and hilarious)

volcaniclastic
02 Mar 2015, 17:13
Might as well label it "Reasons V isn't going to have children" ....

kalynraye
02 Mar 2015, 21:52
I saved this for later use lol

anunitu
02 Mar 2015, 22:42
All to true...But you have a duty to humanity to keep the species going...Yup,that's the ticket...

iris
03 Mar 2015, 02:22
And there's why I'm not having kids for yeeeeaaars. If ever. Reminded me of this scene http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2A5j2NjMw .

Wenny
03 Mar 2015, 05:36
Yeaaaaah but the good out ways the bad. When they look up at you and say mama for the first time.

B. de Corbin
03 Mar 2015, 05:44
This one is pretty good, too:

36 Ways You're Messing Up Your Child (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/devorah-blachor/36-ways-youre-messing-up-your-child_b_6731016.html)

volcaniclastic
03 Mar 2015, 06:21
All to true...But you have a duty to humanity to keep the species going...Yup,that's the ticket...

Preaching to the wrong choir. I have zero duty to keep our species alive. There are 7 billion of us. If a few million people in my generation don't give birth, it's not going to wipe us out as a species.

It's child-free for me.

Shahaku
03 Mar 2015, 06:40
Preaching to the wrong choir. I have zero duty to keep our species alive. There are 7 billion of us. If a few million people in my generation don't give birth, it's not going to wipe us out as a species.

It's child-free for me.

Out of curiosity, have you had your tubes tied or anything like that? It makes a much more profound point if you have a permanent (or mostly permanent) form of birth control. Nobody believes me when I say I'm only having the one. Until I pull out the "My tubes are tied, I'm serious" card.

anunitu
03 Mar 2015, 07:06
Is true Shahaku...two is about the limit for most these days,more about the cost than care...expensive to raise a kid,and 18 is not the end of your responsibility,trust me on that...I have two kids one just hit 40,the other is 35 and you are still the parent.

Wenny
03 Mar 2015, 07:28

It's child-free for me.

But babiez!!11

I kid i kid. A cousin and her new husband are child-free and I swear she had to painted that smile on at her wedding.

*Edit cause coffee hasn't kick in.

volcaniclastic
03 Mar 2015, 07:39
Out of curiosity, have you had your tubes tied or anything like that? It makes a much more profound point if you have a permanent (or mostly permanent) form of birth control. Nobody believes me when I say I'm only having the one. Until I pull out the "My tubes are tied, I'm serious" card.

No, I haven't. Quite the opposite, in fact. I don't even use protection most of the time*. I'm not on birth control, nothing. 9 years of having sex like this, and still no babies.

*Protection with new folks, or when we don't feel like pulling out. I know it's reckless, but I also don't care.

anunitu
03 Mar 2015, 07:52
Better not to have kids if you feel you don't want them...Having kids is NOT for everyone...

Hawkfeathers
03 Mar 2015, 07:56
^^^ Absolutely. It's the social pressure that gets a lot of people into it, just like lots of other things.

LunarHarvest
06 Mar 2015, 23:18
I didn't even need to read this blog post to know my position on children, although it certainly helps cement my position on the subject. I've worked in retail.

Bloody demons, the whole lot of them.

thalassa
07 Mar 2015, 04:04
I admit to being partial to kids...having two of my own. They have their benefits.

And while they can be "demons" (please, I've seen adults throw temper tantrums in a retail outlet worse than kids), they are way better than a large number of adults. Kids are more honest (and by honest, I don't mean they don't lie)--no tact, few inhibitions, and not a lot of self control...but they sure as hell know how to love unconditionally, take joy where they find it, and find magic everywhere.

I'll take most kids over most adults any day.

(but no teenagers please)

anunitu
07 Mar 2015, 04:35
Wait till you end up with Grand kids Thal more fun,a lot less responsibility

thalassa
20 May 2015, 09:26
I was reading through old posts on my blog and found this gem---the truth about potty training (https://nuannaarpoq.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/the-poop-wars/).

Chessa
27 May 2015, 19:04
Younger ones have a few small advantages: My brother was five years older, and if I wasn't going to stand up straight or take a nap, or sit down quietly, he was always there to "help". Another tip: don't break up sibling fights; we were having so much fun before you came over!