PDA

View Full Version : Asking For Prayer Request for Difficult Separation

SimplePagan
04 Apr 2015, 22:26
Hello Friends,

I've been going through a difficult separation. My counterpart is being difficult and a bit paranoid. We have a 4 year old daughter together and my ex is insisting that I be a weekend dad despite research that proves equal parenting time is what's best for the child as well as parents. All I'm asking for is equal time to be a Dad to my beautiful daughter ... that's it!

Please, I'm asking for energy and prayers for equal time with my kiddo and a happy and healthy separation going forward.

Thanks!

thalassa
05 Apr 2015, 12:51
Are you going through the courts?

ETA: prayers en route!

Norse_Angel
05 Apr 2015, 13:03
As a soon to be father, I send my best wishes to you.
What we've already done was had a contract written out in the case we do seperate, on 50/50 custody of our daughter. Had a lawyer go over it and had it filed as well. This was 4 months ago, we're still quite strong.

SimplePagan
09 Apr 2015, 20:47
Are you going through the courts?

ETA: prayers en route!

Thank you, your prayers are appreciated

Yes we will be going through the courts.

As a soon to be father, I send my best wishes to you.
What we've already done was had a contract written out in the case we do seperate, on 50/50 custody of our daughter. Had a lawyer go over it and had it filed as well. This was 4 months ago, we're still quite strong.

Wish I had the foresight to do so, it's getting ugly. I've only asked for a 50/50 share of parenting time but my now ex believes I should become a weekend dad and come to her house 1 day a week to do bedtime.