X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiadanWillows
    replied
    Re: Knitting

i began knitting a scarf last winter and never finished it... i guess its not my thing :P

Leave a comment:

• pihlaja
    replied
    Re: Knitting

I do knitting too, but not anything big. Just woolen stockings, mittens, beanies and such. I'm too impatient to do anything which isn't ready in one or two evenings, 'coz I get bored with the pattern/color etc. :P But knitting at the lectures is fun.

Leave a comment:

• DanieMarie
    replied
    Re: Sewing

Your stuff doesn't look amateurish at all! Your lines are really good and your corset looks AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• Maythe
    replied

I'm glad I posted my pics before you posted Danie, I think I'd have felt too embarrassed to show my amateurish attempts, you sound like a pro! :-[

Leave a comment:

• DanieMarie
    replied

^^^
    Nice stuff!

I do a lot of stuff. I run out of time sometimes because while I'm in school, my sewing and designing takes a bit of a back seat, but I'm trying to manage my time better so I have more time for it (and my music, and my writing), especially if I actually end up finding a job...I don't want to give all that stuff up!
    I make a lot of my own clothes. Sometimes I use patterns, sometimes I use stuff I find on the net, sometimes I'll draft a pattern from scratch. I'm still improving my drafting skills and working with proportions, but the more I do it the better I get. I'm pretty good at design too, and I'd love to have my own label some day. I also do reconstructions, if I have something that I love the fabric of but it doesn't really fit or the piece is super outdated.
    I'll post some pics later.

Leave a comment:

• Maythe
    replied

Some stuff wot I sewed...

Slinky red skirt. Incredibly simple skirt in satin which frayed like anything. Wish I'd finished the seams better.

Corset which isn't bad for a first try though there are things I'd change if I did it again. Not particularly difficult. If you can sew in a straight line and do a smooth curve you can make a corset.

Edited to add... F it can't figure out images. Back later to try again!
    Edited again to add the images. Sorry I can't figure out how to change the size! I'm such a n00b...

Leave a comment:

• Maythe
    replied

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=177.msg1579#msg1579 date=1286873816]
    I used to love sewing, and beading and embroidery and crochet and knitting... and then I started to lose my eyesight. :'( Can't even thread a needle now...
    [/quote]That sucks TP *hugs*

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

I can sew my own clothes, though I mainly sew for medieval reenactment.

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied

[quote author=Maythe link=topic=177.msg1514#msg1514 date=1286863988]
    I think this thread needs pictures... [/quote]
    So true.

Thalassa, do you machine quilt or hand quilt? I'm old school so I hand quilt. I takes a lot longer, but I love doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Tylluan Penry
    replied

I used to love sewing, and beading and embroidery and crochet and knitting... and then I started to lose my eyesight. :'( Can't even thread a needle now...

Leave a comment:

• Maythe
    replied
    Knitting & Crochet (and other yarn-y crafts)

So what are you knitting? What's the piece of knitting you're most proud of? Got a Ravelry account you want to be friends on? Got any funny knitting stories?

My Rav name is my real life name, or a nickname version of it so I don't post it in open forum, PM me if you want to be friended

I'm knitting a cabled hat (my first cables - yay) for a very nice man not so far from here and also a tank top.

Leave a comment:

• TaiganPagan
    replied

Only my mom is into this, she's a pro tailor.

Leave a comment:

• Maythe
    replied

I think this thread needs pictures... I'll find a couple of things I'm most proud of when I get home from work this evening.

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

I sew...but mainly stuff for the kiddies or historical stuff.

And quilting...

Leave a comment:

• Storm
    replied

Me too....I started sewing when I was 11 so that would be........36 years.....yeowch.....I'm old! I made my daughter's prom dress earlier this spring, a poodle skirt for a play she was in, I'm in the middle of a mini-skirt for her, and a dress for me.
    I love my sewing machine!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X