• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    replied
    Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I've been using sweet almond oil on my skin for a while, but lately it seems quite dry and the first signs of ageing are creeping in. So tonight I tried using olive oil for the first time.

Oh my gods... my skin feels amazing!!
    All the old ladies use the olive oil. It has a thicker consistency and it works right in your skin. It's also good to rub on your cuticles. I love the stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

I've been using sweet almond oil on my skin for a while, but lately it seems quite dry and the first signs of ageing are creeping in. So tonight I tried using olive oil for the first time.

Oh my gods... my skin feels amazing!!

Leave a comment:

• October
    replied

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    I'm obsessed with lipstick, even though I don't wear it, don't know how to wear it, and don't own any -- but Christmas is coming up and I KNOW one of these shades is on the list.

Which would look best on a pasty white girl like me? I was thinking Bewitched or Enchanted, but I dunno. I has no skills.

P.S. Harry Potter Inspired LIPS, BITCHES

Well, you look like you've got a cool tone to your skin (as opposed to a warm, or yellowy tone), and I'm partial to more natural colours. So I would say Love Good. But if you wanted something bolder, I would recommend Inflamed or Hermione. But also, Severus would look just divine with those eyes!

Leave a comment:

• Bjorn
    replied

I'm obsessed with lipstick, even though I don't wear it, don't know how to wear it, and don't own any -- but Christmas is coming up and I KNOW one of these shades is on the list.

Which would look best on a pasty white girl like me? I was thinking Bewitched or Enchanted, but I dunno. I has no skills.

P.S. Harry Potter Inspired LIPS, BITCHES

Leave a comment:

• Juniper
    replied
    I almost bought this today: http://www.pacificabeauty.com/perfum...-spray-perfume

Tried the tester, while out shopping, and I'm growing very fond of the scent. I may need to go back and buy some, next time the opportunity arises.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

OMG. So I finally got on the CerAve in the tub bandwagon. It's touted to be one of the best discount moisturizers for normal to dry (and oh boy for mature dry) skin. This stuff is amazing. I want to slather it all over mah body. It works by getting into your skin and allowing your skin to then continue to draw in moisture. It works better as you continually use it. It has no odor. Feels sort of tacky on the skin, though the skin feels soft. You have to set it on your face for about 5 minute before you put on makeup though. It shellacked my eyebrow hairs the first time I used it because I didn't let it dry. And my eyebrows were horrid. It's also a good as an under eye cream. I wash my face with those gentle huge Aveeno pads. Then put this on. Then right before bed I put another light layer on and a thicker layer under the eyes. My skin has been feeling awesome. It's soft but not greasy. No shine or anything.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I do the same. I have long hair but it's not thick but wavey if left to its own devices. After the shower at night I leave it in a bun and I have waves at the bottom. If I braid it then I got the medusa snakes all going on.

But let's be real. In this weather? It'e frizzee serum all the way. In fact I should add that to my list. This saves my life.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Sometimes I used to put mine in a French or Dutch braid and then in the morning it looked like a perm. Sure beats those curlers we used to sleep in.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Slept in until 8 last night so was a bit rushed to get ready for work. Tied my hair back while still damp. Just let it down and my gods.. bit of mousse needed maybe, but I have the most amazing loose wave! ^^

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

I use the clear gel too. It's just less of a hassle really. Plus no powdery bits to get caught in black lights down at the club (or wherever black lights occur).

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Def do. I used to put it on and it wouldn't dry. I'd either have to wait around airing it out or put my shirt on and get that stain. I use the clear gel roll on and it works awesome too. No white smears. I also like that at night in the heat when I lift my arms up in bed I smell like coconuts (I got the Cabana scent!)

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I guess this is beauty related. I put on my deodorant at bedtime. They say it works best and you don't get any sort of stains on your shirts. So far in this heat it's worked pretty well. It like really absorbs into my skin during the night!
    I've never thought of that... but it makes sense. I must experiment...

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I guess this is beauty related. I put on my deodorant at bedtime. They say it works best and you don't get any sort of stains on your shirts. So far in this heat it's worked pretty well. It like really absorbs into my skin during the night!

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

I don't use cream, not a big fan of the feeling. Or the money expenditure.

I'm just going to put this out there, even if you aren't interested (about the hairspray thing). Since I went no poo 5 months ago, I actually haven't had a problem with fly-aways or unruly hair like I did prior.

Otherwise:
    This DIY hair spray is simple and natural. So stop using chemicals on your hair and make this fruit-based homemade hair spray recipe instead!

Ditch the toxins with this Homemade Hair Spray. It only takes 2 ingredients, works great, and is toxin free! You'll love it!

This homemade hairspray recipe probably wouldn’t have cut it during my drill team days. I remember the overwhelming smell of hairspray in the locker room as twenty girls plastered neat little buns against their heads. We were serious about making sure our hair didn’t budge, but we didn’t seem too worry about the toxic fumes […]

Leave a comment:

• iris
    replied

I never really understood what the difference between day and night cream. I use cream... don't really know what kind. Don't use make up at all...
    Anybody knows some alternatives to hairspray to make the hair stay put? The smell of hairspray makes me sick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X