X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jembru
    replied
    Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

I dunno.. as someone who sleeps during the day, I prefer 'sleeping cream'. Night cream is offensive to us nocturnal folk. I also hate hypnosis recordings that start statements with.. 'you'll wake up tomorrow...' No I won't, I'll wake up this evening dammit!!

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I saw a funny commercial the other night for a face cream. You know how, for ever and ever and ever, the stuff you apply at night has been called "Night cream"? Well, this one is "Sleeping cream", and that's supposed to be a big deal, since it works while you're sleeping. (Did Night cream used to sneak out and party at 2 a.m.?) Ah, marketing...what will they think of next?

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I don't do foundation, but sometimes a little powder on my nose, chin, and forehead, since I'm still as greasy as a teenager! People kept telling me that would change, but so far, it hasn't. I like those Clean & Clear thingies that mop up oil, too.
    I have dry skin. Probably due to age and Diabetes. So I super hydrate my face. I'm just about done with my big ol jar of Pond's moisturizer. All the rage seems to be this CeraVe stuff in the tub. Or so the r/skinaddiction at reddit says. I got a coupon for $3 off so I'm going to try that stuff out soon.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I don't do foundation, but sometimes a little powder on my nose, chin, and forehead, since I'm still as greasy as a teenager! People kept telling me that would change, but so far, it hasn't. I like those Clean & Clear thingies that mop up oil, too.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I don't like ELF's powder colors much. Their lightest, "Ivory", is my color mid-tan. I tan fast and deep, because I'm Italian on my mother's side, but Daddy's side is Lithuanian/Danish/all those cold, white countries, and with no tan, I am a Saltine-American. Almay's "Ivory" is much lighter.
    I wear Maybelline's foundation in their dream mousse matte. I'm always classic ivory even though I'm hispanic.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

^^^ That's me, summer/winter! Haha!

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

You Hawk,just made a vision pop into my head...black and white...ah so very Mystical.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I don't like ELF's powder colors much. Their lightest, "Ivory", is my color mid-tan. I tan fast and deep, because I'm Italian on my mother's side, but Daddy's side is Lithuanian/Danish/all those cold, white countries, and with no tan, I am a Saltine-American. Almay's "Ivory" is much lighter.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I have the "mad for matte"palette, too! And the "need it nude" one, which has some shimmery shades. I like a little bit of that in the center of the lid sometimes. It's fun to be able to play with this stuff again! Back in high school, I did some modeling and remember all the makeup we used, and didn't need at that age LOL I still have 2 of my Jerome Alexander brushes from back then. 40 years or so, and they've held up great.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I always buy elf. I just got their matte palette and it's wonderful With oily lids, primer is your friend. And stay away from too much shimmer!

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I think I'm almost done with the heel callouses! I'm a good inch shorter...LOL....I'm very happy with it. I've been going over my heels twice a day for a few minutes each time, outside becasue those little flakes go everywhere! And I have started wearing some eye makeup again. I had surgery on my right eye long ago and it's always been so sensitive that anything was irritating but this stuff seems OK. I bought nice eyeshadow, mascara, liner, and new brushes, and remover pads. All from ELF except the mascara which is Almay. The ELF eye shadow is low priced but very nice. My skin is oily and shadow would always crease up in my lids after a couple of hours, but this lasts very well.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

I guess if you keep up with the foot scrub it prevents you from growing hooves in the first place? LOL I'm making serious headway - I can actually feel things under my heels now.
    That's kind of my strategy. There was a point a few years ago when I was still figuring out routines to deal with the foot/knee/back aches from work and I did end up having to deal with some rough spots, but I think that was more a regimen of soaking and a pumice stone and moisturizing. With fuzzy socks of course.

Glad to see you're making progress.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I guess if you keep up with the foot scrub it prevents you from growing hooves in the first place? LOL I'm making serious headway - I can actually feel things under my heels now.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

Fuzzy socks? I love my fuzzy socks after my routine... Best things ever invented. ^^

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    I'm too chicken for those hardware callous-removal systems. I just keep some foot scrub in my shower that I use a few times a week and do the foot soaking/massaging/moisturizing thing about once a week (give or take). Seems to work for me through the last 5 years of on-your-feet-retail.
    Lucky. Diabetic feet. I probably used to be able to walk on glass as tough as they were. But I do the lotion after the shower. then slather in Vaseline and put them in socks for the night.

slug life. I'm all about it.

yeah. that's an actual skin care routine now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X