• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heka
    replied
    Re: Lego

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    OMG those tiny trucks are amazing! Four little thingies wide? How do you even DO that? lol

Yay for leg-oh pronunciation! You have no idea how much shit I cop for saying 'leg-oh' in South Australia. Where did they even come up with 'lay-go' anyway?

Now I know there's at least two people in the state who say it right. Maybe there's hope for us after all
    Its clearly not an SA thing... Nut jobs.....

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Finally got around to building the matching trailer for the red and black truck.

pics here

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Originally posted by kijani View Post
    omg TS those are so awesome. I used to love legos when I was little too, but I wasn't quite that gifted. Cool. Do you use kits or build them yourself? I built model airplane kits when I was younger but that was about it.
    I occasionally buy sets that pique my interest... the Star Wars sets are some of my favorites... but my trucks are all my own creations. No instructions, just my imagination and determination to coax tiny little details into existence.

Leave a comment:

• kijani
    replied

omg TS those are so awesome. I used to love legos when I was little too, but I wasn't quite that gifted. Cool. Do you use kits or build them yourself? I built model airplane kits when I was younger but that was about it.

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    OMG those tiny trucks are amazing! Four little thingies wide? How do you even DO that? lol
    I'm stubborn.

Leave a comment:

• Rae'ya
    replied

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Also, just ti check, it's "leg-oh" right, none of this "lay-go" bullshit....
    Yay for leg-oh pronunciation! You have no idea how much shit I cop for saying 'leg-oh' in South Australia. Where did they even come up with 'lay-go' anyway?

Now I know there's at least two people in the state who say it right. Maybe there's hope for us after all

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    It's like real life minecraft haha

you are correct.

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied

It's like real life minecraft haha

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    Thanks for understanding Doc. I didn't want to offend anyone.
    I didn't take what you said as offensive. Most people grow out of their Lego fixation... I didn't.

Leave a comment:

• anubisa
    replied

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    It is no problem anubisa, I misunderstood. It can be hard to tell emotion over text.
    Thanks for understanding Doc. I didn't want to offend anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Got the bricks I need (and then some) to build the enclosed trailer for the red and black truck.

Also ordered a lot of the parts that I will need for the crane, as well as just a lot of parts that I use a lot for the things I like to build.

3,303 bricks ordered... this is why I don't let myself visit that site too often.

Leave a comment:

• Doc_Holliday
    replied

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. Just telling what I did when I was little. I'm not interested in legos now, but those who are have their own hobby. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to make fun of anyone.
    It is no problem anubisa, I misunderstood. It can be hard to tell emotion over text.

Leave a comment:

• anubisa
    replied

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    not gonna lie that seemed kind of snarky, like you were making fun of these people for still enjoying legos. I may be wrong.

Also, although I'm not into them anymore (Hands too big for those little pieces.) My nephew is pretty good at them and I enjoy giving him advice and watching him build. It is quite interesting.
    I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone. Just telling what I did when I was little. I'm not interested in legos now, but those who are have their own hobby. I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to make fun of anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ThorsSon
    replied

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    I'd check thrift stores - sometimes you can find bags of them, pre-washed & everything.
    eBay, also, you can by bricks by the pound.
    It will be random assortments... but it is the cheapest way to build up your collection quickly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X