X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anunitu
    replied
    Re: Zombie Apocalypse Planning

You bring back memories and The whole earth catalog...Man I really am getting to old for this fishing stuff(See Habbs fish code)

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Maybe every survival library should have a copy of Abbie Hoffman's Steal This Book...

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

I'm bringing this back...

....for this: DIY Penicillin.

I totally don't recommend it. Like, at all. Except maybe when there are no other medical supplies or treatments because all infrastructure and civilization has collapsed.

In which case...how'd you get the oranges?

Leave a comment:

• loststarshine
    replied

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    That is cool not to badly priced.

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

Oh, this is cool---its a solar lamp or overheadlight/charger.

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied
    Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

They are real events though in a lot of cities (including here). There really are people made up like zombies and you have to run away from them. I think ours is more of a zombie walk, though, and you don't so much run away as just show up dressed like a zombie and walk around like a zombie for a few hours. Lazy hipsters.

I've heard of that app...I bet it's fun!
    Adelaide had a zombie walk, where people just dress up, but nothing healthy related lol

Leave a comment:

• DanieMarie
    replied

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    This is an app. It's a fun app.
    They are real events though in a lot of cities (including here). There really are people made up like zombies and you have to run away from them. I think ours is more of a zombie walk, though, and you don't so much run away as just show up dressed like a zombie and walk around like a zombie for a few hours. Lazy hipsters.

I've heard of that app...I bet it's fun!

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied
    Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post

I know there are a few places that have things like a 5k Zombie Run, where you volunteer to go as a human or a zombie. If you're a zombie, you get to get all made up by local film students. Some spots even set up the runs through wooded areas, and the idea is to stay ahead of the zombies, but if you're caught, you join the horde.
    This is an app. It's a fun app.

Leave a comment:

• loststarshine
    replied

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
    I know there are a few places that have things like a 5k Zombie Run, where you volunteer to go as a human or a zombie. If you're a zombie, you get to get all made up by local film students. Some spots even set up the runs through wooded areas, and the idea is to stay ahead of the zombies, but if you're caught, you join the horde.
    Sounds like fun where do you sign up i wanna be a zombie.

On halloween we have a zombie walk on mainstreet traffic is blocked. Zombie walks are illegal but the zombies come to walk anyway. Its all good fun till jerks smash things and vandelize property. The last year i went the national guard was there in full riot gear.

- - - Updated - - -

For all your zombie apocolypse survival necessitys

http://www.budk.com/mobileCategory/Z...vival/3536.uts

This thing looks cool.
    http://www.budk.com/mobileProduct/Zo...536/177394.uts

This Z-Slayer Revolver knife is so realistic, you?ll have to blink twice! The zombie-slayer green gun shaped handle is features real wood and is highly detailed for an authentic revolver look. The razor sharp 1065 surgical steel blade opens up with lightning fast speed with the trigger assisted-open mechanism. Includes a hard nylon sheath that looks just like a gun holster.
    Lightning fast trigger assist feature
    1065 surgical steel blade
    Includes hard nylon sheath
    7 1/2" overall
    3 1/4" blade

Leave a comment:

• Munin-Hugin
    replied

Originally posted by LordJulian View Post
    Well clearly you're out of luck.

It's either get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans or get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans and get shot with dart guns and paintballs.

Leave a comment:

• LordJulian
    replied

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Whatever's popular.

When Stargate was hot, people saw pyramid-shaped flying saucers.

I don't mind loonies - they provide endless entertainment - but I wish they had more imagination!
    Well clearly you're out of luck.

It's either get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans or get people to pose as zombies and chase after humans and get shot with dart guns and paintballs.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I miss the good old days when "zombie" was a word you only heard at Halloween, or once in a while at the movies. I know people who actually think corpses will reanimate. I just can't deal with that!
    Whatever's popular.

When Stargate was hot, people saw pyramid-shaped flying saucers.

I don't mind loonies - they provide endless entertainment - but I wish they had more imagination!

Leave a comment:

• LordJulian
    replied

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I miss the good old days when "zombie" was a word you only heard at Halloween, or once in a while at the movies. I know people who actually think corpses will reanimate. I just can't deal with that!
    I also can't deal for the fact that people are using the 'zombie gonna eat meh blains' excuse for a culture of people massacring their fellow former men by the thousands with no sense of guilt or remorse whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanieMarie
    replied

Interesting! We have a few thermal blankets kicking around. That could come in handy for a backcountry camping disaster as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X