X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egregor
    replied
    Re: Dream Interpretation

This is a dream that a close friend of mine had, it was a Lucid Dream, or so she says. I told her I would try and find out what it means, so...

Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• Icefeather
    replied

Idk if this is where it goes but well... About two years ago, i had a dream my old pet came to me and told me one of my pets(not sayinf which one specifically) was going to die the next day. The following day my mom and i where picking veggies when i smelled the scent of my pet from the dream.

Leave a comment:

• RainbowDemonic
    replied

Originally posted by mbw1064 View Post
    I was woken up this morning and fell back asleep. When I asked how long I was asleep again the person said 10 minutes. So the dream I had was short.

It starts out in a secret societies type lounge except its for gods, so not really a secret society I suppose. Its decorated with heavy wooden tables and chairs, animals heads on the walls, large fireplace. It's old looking but at the same time modern. The people in it are dressed in slacks and dress shirts but with long fur cloaks pinned on. There's one man there I know is a god, in the way you just know certain things in dreams. He's dressed as described, has a trimmed salt and pepper beard. He's drinking from a double tankard made of clear class. At first I thought he was drinking black coffee from a weird coffee pot but then I realised it was beer. He's talking to another god who I don't see about something. It's a business meeting. I can't remember what its about or what is said but it has something to do with the various women,who are humans, in the lounge. The women are under his control and I think he's wanting to trade them for some sort of power. Loki is there, dressed in a black evening dress and a blonde wig. But he's a man. It's so obvious to me but I don't think anyone else realises. Anyways he's passed out drunk in a chair beside the first god. Except he's also across the room in male form sitting at the table with a lot of the human females. He's under the control of the other god too but then he "wakes" up and when he does it makes the females wake too. I must say that there are other gods in the room also, except they're doing their own thing. When the females "wake up" Loki does something to make the one god think they run from the room. So the one god and the rest of the various gods in the room get up and walk from the room to go get them. They know someone helped the women escape but they arent sure who. So while the gods go one way Loki and the women go out a back way. Loki brings a sheet of paper, a white feather pen and a crystal ink bottle that looks like it has water in it(though it writes black). He and the women are in a hallway with a heavy wooden table in it where he sets the items he brought with him down. One woman asks why the gods wanted them and he says something like "You're the earths greats minds in the scientific field, why wouldn't they have use for you?" He doesn't say anything else and signs the top of the paper. I can't read what it says but I know its his name and something else. I know it's a "contract" saying the women are under his protection/guidance so the other gods can't get them. I am not in the dream up until the point I sign my signature to the paper. Then we all walk out and he drives us away in a black SUV.

Thats it. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I have an idea of what the dream could mean but I'd like other opinions. I've never been interested in norse mythology or Loki. The only things I know about either are from movies/comics and even then I tend to skip over those as they focused on Thor. I thought he was pretty boring >.> I also hold science and scientists in highest respect, so the comment about the women being the "greats minds in the field"...well I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.
    This honestly creeps me out...

I had a dream last night that Thor visited me - and no, I haven't seen The Avengers, and no, he didn't look one lick like the guy in those movies. He stood at an almost inhumanly tall height, a lot more built and with a lot more beard and stuff to him - and was pleasantly buzzed like 90% of the time. Anyways, there were tents set up, lots of old world stuff in modern setting, almost like he'd found a patch of modern forest and set up this old-world-style encampment for himself. He had two servants, one guy tending livestock, the other, a girl, serving us food and drink. She made it clear she hated me, and that she was exasperated with all the women Thor visited. I quirked a brow a little at her and tried to be civil, and she just brushed me off and flitted about cleaning and such. I won't go into detail but suffice to say Thor spent a long time talking to me; he was kind and all, though, so I guess that's good at least. He had a very personal discussion with me, saying I was 'interesting' to him for various reasons, and extended an invitation to "[his] father's house, Asgard, at any time you'd like"...he left in a blinding blaze of lightning flashes and deafening thunder, and I woke up.

When I woke up, I suddenly became violently ill and dashed to the bathroom to throw up. I've always had a history of visionary dreams, precognitive dreams and so on and so forth, but it's rare they have dramatic physical effects - and I've never had one quite that strong. I'm also not into Norse stuff, and don't know a whole lot about the myths. I was shocked to even find after I awoke this morning, that most of the mythos matched up with the Thor I'd dreamed of - it creeped me out, but seemed to lend a sort of validity (although whether that's good or bad, I don't know) to the dream.

Just weird that I randomly find this, and in your dream the Norse gods are off trolling around for women. Maybe I'm being silly. :XD:
    Last edited by RainbowDemonic; 30 Jun 2012, 23:42.

Leave a comment:

• mbw1064
    replied

I was woken up this morning and fell back asleep. When I asked how long I was asleep again the person said 10 minutes. So the dream I had was short.

It starts out in a secret societies type lounge except its for gods, so not really a secret society I suppose. Its decorated with heavy wooden tables and chairs, animals heads on the walls, large fireplace. It's old looking but at the same time modern. The people in it are dressed in slacks and dress shirts but with long fur cloaks pinned on. There's one man there I know is a god, in the way you just know certain things in dreams. He's dressed as described, has a trimmed salt and pepper beard. He's drinking from a double tankard made of clear class. At first I thought he was drinking black coffee from a weird coffee pot but then I realised it was beer. He's talking to another god who I don't see about something. It's a business meeting. I can't remember what its about or what is said but it has something to do with the various women,who are humans, in the lounge. The women are under his control and I think he's wanting to trade them for some sort of power. Loki is there, dressed in a black evening dress and a blonde wig. But he's a man. It's so obvious to me but I don't think anyone else realises. Anyways he's passed out drunk in a chair beside the first god. Except he's also across the room in male form sitting at the table with a lot of the human females. He's under the control of the other god too but then he "wakes" up and when he does it makes the females wake too. I must say that there are other gods in the room also, except they're doing their own thing. When the females "wake up" Loki does something to make the one god think they run from the room. So the one god and the rest of the various gods in the room get up and walk from the room to go get them. They know someone helped the women escape but they arent sure who. So while the gods go one way Loki and the women go out a back way. Loki brings a sheet of paper, a white feather pen and a crystal ink bottle that looks like it has water in it(though it writes black). He and the women are in a hallway with a heavy wooden table in it where he sets the items he brought with him down. One woman asks why the gods wanted them and he says something like "You're the earths greats minds in the scientific field, why wouldn't they have use for you?" He doesn't say anything else and signs the top of the paper. I can't read what it says but I know its his name and something else. I know it's a "contract" saying the women are under his protection/guidance so the other gods can't get them. I am not in the dream up until the point I sign my signature to the paper. Then we all walk out and he drives us away in a black SUV.

Thats it. I tried to be as detailed as possible. I have an idea of what the dream could mean but I'd like other opinions. I've never been interested in norse mythology or Loki. The only things I know about either are from movies/comics and even then I tend to skip over those as they focused on Thor. I thought he was pretty boring >.> I also hold science and scientists in highest respect, so the comment about the women being the "greats minds in the field"...well I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• BerrySpice
    replied

I just woke up from one of the oddest dreams I've had--somehow Jarrod and Brandi from "Storage Wars" were rowing their way across the international date line. 0_o But the bit that stands out the most is after the, I guess, storyline to my dream (the bulk was typical fantastical nonsense)--I dreamt of two-headed yellow chicken getting one of its heads pecked at by another yellow chicken. I have a feeling that this part of my dream may mean something; I'm thinking being betrayed by someone close because they're jealous of how much one has. Does that sound right, or am I way off?

Leave a comment:

• Djnn
    replied

Bald eagle dead in mud and water... seems like maybe its a warning that you allowing the forces of the world hold you captive and stifle your freedom.

I am very drawn to birds, most birds of prey. They show power, respect and most of all freedom. So when hearing of a dead eagle... it shows me the end of freedom.

I know very little about what to say with the mud and earth... so that is fairly vague. I know from recent research that the earth and mud can be a sign for life or rebirth as someone had recently stated.

So I would take this as a warning to not let it get to that point.

Leave a comment:

• Willow
    replied

If it is politically based, then there's really nothing anyone other than you can do to interpret it. I think the symbolism (dead in mud) is pretty obvious in itself.

Outside of that, eagles have other symbolic interpretations as well; including: the illumination of the spirit, healing, creation, being of the Earth but not in it, the soul, high intelligence, greater sight and perception. Bald eagles also have an association with water, that you should look at (ie, they are fishers and take much of their sustenance from the water)- they are able to penetrate the water, grasp what they need, and rise out of them (also, the ability to enter and exit the ethereal realms at will). Heroic nobility.

It hints at resurrection and alchemy (the bringing of fire, sun and clear water as opposite elements being brought together). It may indicate the need for you to hold onto what is important to you, for you to understand when (and to what extent) to speak your mind, a need to reflect on the past in order to handle your present and future situations.

Eagles have a far richer symbolic heritage beyond the USA's patriotic usage of it. I suggest you do some reading into the bird's symbolism, as well as its behaviors, to find your answers.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

LOL - most likely political (bald eagle - America), but I'm not sure which current political situation...

Leave a comment:

• Dez
    replied

The current political situation, perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Two nights ago I dreamed that I found a bald eagle dead, spread eagle in the mud. That's all I remember - any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• minou
    replied

There is a moot in my area which I have attended several times.

Lat night I had a dream i was at the moot held in one of the members homes, we were planting a rose bed with hundreds of rose bushes. They were very small plants and we were covering them completely with clay, as I was piling the clay over the plant it was disturbing the roots.

Leave a comment:

• yukanaoe
    replied

alright. i need help interpreting please

I'm googleing about dreaming about a dead person coming alive. and i only get answers for if you know that person.

Well I had a dream last night thatmy supervisor from work brought a dead guy into a dark room (I was already in the room) and laid him on the floor. I asked him if he was dead and he said yes. after a little while the body adjusted like it was just sleep. and then a few minutes later it stretched and yawned and sat up. that's when i woke up... i never saw his face. and it was dark so all i could tell was it was a tall man.

then after i went back to sleep i had a dream that my mother in law (who for some reason owned the dog we gave to a friend of ours) went to wallmart and dropped dead in one of the isle. i was in the store when i came accross her and the dog was hovered over her protectively. noone could get close. but he came to me.. and i was so scared of the dog. that it would bite me. but he never did while i was soothing him.
    i woke up this morning very unseasy and i cant shake the "death" feeling.
    i don't know if these 2 are related. but can anyone give a guess on what they think they mean?

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

[quote author=newgirl24 link=topic=34.msg12358#msg12358 date=1289572427]
    I have a recurring dream (nightmare) in which I get a small pet (this has been all sorts of things, but usually a hamster or a fish) and then put it in another room, close the door, and forget that it exists. Then, I will remember suddenly, and of course it has starved to death. :-[

I hate that dream.
    [/quote]
    Wow - I have the same dream! Except mine are always still alive and I apologize for forgetting them, and can't imagine how I could have done so.

Leave a comment:

• gwynwas
    replied

[quote author=dj_nikki_k link=topic=34.msg20508#msg20508 date=1291732109]
    hi there,

i had two consecutive dreams last night of the same thing. i say consecutive because i had the first dream, woke up and then went back to sleep and had the second one. i basically dreamed that someone ripped out my third eye. i saw it as tangible, like an actual eye on my forehead and both times it was gouged out by a human hand. the dreams were different but with the same result.
    today i have felt ill and out of sorts, even though as off-putting as the dreams were i didnt really obsess over them. they were extremely vivid and somewhat shocking to me as i view my minds eye as the gateway to being able to see what others cant. without it i am blind. i couldnt imagine why my psyche would create such a thing, especially twice in a night.
    i often look into my minds eye when i am lying in bed at night and meditate or drift off as a way to help deal with insomnia. before i know it im asleep and sometimes the meditations continue into my dreams.
    this is another thing i am unsure of, whether this was purely a dream or something i saw while meditating. i am new to this forum, and if anyone could give me any insights or advice, or have heard of similar dreams, i would really appreciate it. i really want to know if this could have some significant meaning behind it
    [/quote]

Well, dream interpretation is a delicate matter and highly personal, but, I'll offer my two cents and you can decide if it is useful for you.

The fact that your dream (at least the theme) was repeated twice in a single night and because the memory and feeling of the dream stayed with you into your day, suggests that it is an important and meaningful dream. That is to say, your subconscious (or guardian spirit) is trying to tell you something.

The things that come out strongly from the subconscious tend to be feelings you have but don't acknowledge. Therefore it is difficult for the individual to recognize the meaning at first, but once you do, if you do, it "comes together" and rings true.

Questions of the first layer: What does the third eye mean to you? Is there something your are trying to do or achieve related to your third eye and/or meditation?

Answering those questions would be the first step toward understanding. Further understanding can only develop by examining your layers of feelings and motivations toward that matters that come up in answering the above questions (if that makes sense).

Your dream makes me think of a zen koan. Your dream seems to beg the question as to what belief or hope your are placing on your third eye. Part of you, deep down, may feel differently about it (than you consciously realize). Sometimes the symbols of our journeys get mistaken for the destination.

I have my doubts about doing this on a forum, but those are just some thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• dj_nikki_k
    Guest replied

hi there,

i had two consecutive dreams last night of the same thing. i say consecutive because i had the first dream, woke up and then went back to sleep and had the second one. i basically dreamed that someone ripped out my third eye. i saw it as tangible, like an actual eye on my forehead and both times it was gouged out by a human hand. the dreams were different but with the same result.
    today i have felt ill and out of sorts, even though as off-putting as the dreams were i didnt really obsess over them. they were extremely vivid and somewhat shocking to me as i view my minds eye as the gateway to being able to see what others cant. without it i am blind. i couldnt imagine why my psyche would create such a thing, especially twice in a night.
    i often look into my minds eye when i am lying in bed at night and meditate or drift off as a way to help deal with insomnia. before i know it im asleep and sometimes the meditations continue into my dreams.
    this is another thing i am unsure of, whether this was purely a dream or something i saw while meditating. i am new to this forum, and if anyone could give me any insights or advice, or have heard of similar dreams, i would really appreciate it. i really want to know if this could have some significant meaning behind it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X