X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dez
    replied
    Re: Spiritual Jewelry?

I'm at a place where I'd like something identifiable(especially to others), but can't find something that feels "right". No good advice, but if it speaks to you, wear it!

Leave a comment:

• magusphredde
    replied

Watch yer feet ... Olde man in a wheelchair commin' thru ... *OUCH* ... Oops ... Sorry ...

Ditto what ^ said ... I have had my slack times ... And sometimes it is not a sabbatical you are experiencing but a slight divergence in your path ... Just a little nudge by the Powers That Be ... Go with it ...

Leave a comment:

• ThatKrazy
    replied

I have one piece of spiritual jewelry that I wear daily. It didn't prevent me from having long stretches where I did hardly anything religious at all. Because it was a gift from my mother and has an ankh on it, it is more of a reminder of my family's love for me regardless of my religion, and that I am free to believe what I will.

If you want to wear a piece of jewelry to remind you of your faith, do so. But I would caution against trying to make too much come of it. When you feel ready to worship more regularly, you will do so, jewelry or no.

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

From my own experiences, when I am having a non-spiritual period in my life, I usually just let it be.

Sometimes, especially when you've been devoted for long stretches of time, your soul can use a break.

The urge to return to your regular practices will eventually come back, but until then there's nothing wrong or bad about taking a sabbatical.

Leave a comment:

• Leah
    started a topic Spiritual Jewelry?

Spiritual Jewelry?

Hi, everyone!

I have lost my way recently. For awhile, I was praying and studying and talking to my deities daily. (I'm a solitary eclectic)

Recently, I've become "too busy" to worship. Which is just sad, really. Because of all the stressors in my life (work full time + school full time), my relationship with the Gods and Goddesses would only help me.

I was wondering if any of you have had experience with wearing spiritual jewelry, and whether or not that helped to remind you to take some time out for your faith more often. There are some beautiful necklaces that I'm considering, but thought that I would seek opinions on the subject here.

I am not going to get anything "obvious" that would make anyone ask me "what is that?!" because I won't be wearing it for anyone but myself.

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts on this. :-)
Working...
X