Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumuzi
    replied
    Re: Medusa's QDJ (the Quetzalcoatl Apocalypse version!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What trait do you exhibit that is contrary to your religion?
    I haven't killed anyone, yet.

Leave a comment:

• Dez
    replied

Contrary to most sterotypes...I get ill after 1-2 drinks, so I stop before I regret it. So much for breaking out the ale!

Leave a comment:

• Roknrol
    replied

Hrm...as an Atheist I find it a bit hypocritical of myself to still feel bad when I do something that would normally warrant a karmic backlash...then again, I feel ripped off if I don't get the good karma either, so you get two for the price of one

Leave a comment:

• MaskedOne
    replied

Since I'm claiming Jedi, I'm overly attached to a number of things that I should let go of.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I'm nice
    blahblah

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

I'm completely citified. When people talk about ancient hunters, gatherers or farmers, I'm all "What about Athens? Rome? Londinium? Cairo? Alexandria? The cities of Phoenicia? Bustling port cities full of trade and temple prostitutes?" I like nature in its proper place - outside.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Although not currently my religious practice, one of the 'codes' I was supposed to follow when I was Wiccan, was to 'speak little, listen much'. Bah, I couldn't shut up if my life depended on it. Need to get a word in edge ways? Then ram your foot in my mouth, otherwise, you have no chance.

I'm currently studying the kama sutra and blending it, and some other Hindu ideas, with my current religious practice. However, my body is quite clearly NOT a temple.

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Sweet! Another one of those 'think about it' questions!!

I think one trait would be my lack of reverence or worship on a regular basis. At one time, I was doing some sort of 'rite' more than once a day. I'm pretty regularly hitting about once or twice a month, nowadays. At most. I'm just not too sure if that's contrary, anymore. I mean, to be brutally honest, it's MY religion ('religion' might be a strong word) and it's pretty fluid. It changes right along with me.

Where the contradictions all come from, though, is the parent religions, that I sort of stole my ideas from. I deviate from those religions an awful lot to make them work together with scientific understanding, personal understanding and philosophy, all within a logical (that is, what I would use as logic ) universe. Not too many of them are amenable to such modification of their dogma.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raphaeline
    replied

Would you allow your child to live as the opposite sex because they feel they are the opposite sex? If no, is there an age you would allow it?
    Yes; I don't see any problem with it. Regardless of whether or not it is their permanent decision, I see no reason to keep them from it.

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
    Depends on the child and the age of the child. My son has made plenty of decisions that he's regretted later. Now, at 17 years old he's old enough to listen to reason. As long as he were willing to listen to the risks associated (as well as recognize the possibility that it's a "bad" decision) I'd be ok with it.
    Regret is how we learn to discover possibly consequences before acting - as long as it's not something that couldn't be reversed (for instance, he or she could revert back to using their given name, dressing as their original gender, etc.), I'm okay with that.

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
    Huh, they sure do: Buying Time for Gender-Confused Kids

I would definitely be more willing to let a child have hormonal therapy like this than try for actual gender reassignment. Letting a kid act how they want to be is one thing - making it permanent is another. It smacks more of genital mutilation than helping a kid make a healthy lifestyle decision for themself. I just think about all the horror stories on kids born hermaphroditic where the doctors and parents decide to remove one or the other set of genitals, usually while the child is still a baby or toddler. For the record, I also don't support ear piercing (or any piercing/branding/tattooing) or circumcision in infants. I don't think a child under a certain age can fully grasp all the implications of asking for permanent gender reassignment. Granted, starting early would probably weed out a lot of complications associated w/the surgeries and therapies involved, but what if as a mature person they change their mind? At that point, wouldn't it be even harder to reverse everything? A girl becomes a man, and then when she gets older decides she wants to have a baby herself, not via adoption or surrogate mother? I fought for years to get a hysterectomy & no doctor would do it because 'I might change my mind and then sue them' (and I even had a doctor suggest a sex-change therapy if I was that dead set on not having kids because it would be easier for me to become a man than a uterus-free woman).
    I don't know how I feel about hormone therapy at a young age, even if it's just suppressing natural hormones. I think I would rather hold off on that until they were older and sure of their decision - until then, there are plenty of ways to appear as the opposite sex, not limited to clothing. But truthfully, if it was tearing them up inside to wait, I would consider allowing suppressing natural development until they came of age to make the choice for himself or herself.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    Even getting more specific, not just clothes and a name, for instance, but changing genders at an early age (until physically capable of having surgeries, perhaps)...

My answer is still the same. I know what I would *like* to do, for the individualism, the freedom and the idealism, but in the end? I just don't know what I would do until it were to happen. Reality very often conflicts with my ideals.
    Yeah that's pretty much my answer too. Though I think I am still responsible for them until 18. And I am responsible for their health and medical issues. I would lean on waiting till they are of an adult age to either become who they think they truly are, or to completely f it all up. It will be on them. But as a legal guardian, I won't be giving hormones to switch them over. They will just have to buck it up like the rest of the older generation of transgenders and wait till they are adults.

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

To those replying with the answer, yes I would let them dress as the opposite etc..I want to reiterate I wasn't saying 'dress as the opposite sex'. I was stating 'live as the opposite sex'. As in wanting to be dressed in the opposite sex clothing. Wanting to be referred to as an opposite sex name. Wanting to use the opposite sex bathroom. Etc Etc. This isn't about cross dressing or about having different gender desires then those normally ascribed to the sex of the child. And with that a follow up question. Would you then alter their growing into puberty by offering hormones to stunt the born gender and start pushing on the opposite gender growth? Or would you make them wait until they are of legal age to do that?

Even getting more specific, not just clothes and a name, for instance, but changing genders at an early age (until physically capable of having surgeries, perhaps)...

My answer is still the same. I know what I would *like* to do, for the individualism, the freedom and the idealism, but in the end? I just don't know what I would do until it were to happen. Reality very often conflicts with my ideals.

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

Originally posted by Peri_Dot View Post
    Yes, I would let them live as the "opposite" gender. I'm not positive, but I think children are given hormone-blockers to suppress puberty until they are of an age to decide.
    Huh, they sure do: Buying Time for Gender-Confused Kids

I would definitely be more willing to let a child have hormonal therapy like this than try for actual gender reassignment. Letting a kid act how they want to be is one thing - making it permanent is another. It smacks more of genital mutilation than helping a kid make a healthy lifestyle decision for themself. I just think about all the horror stories on kids born hermaphroditic where the doctors and parents decide to remove one or the other set of genitals, usually while the child is still a baby or toddler. For the record, I also don't support ear piercing (or any piercing/branding/tattooing) or circumcision in infants. I don't think a child under a certain age can fully grasp all the implications of asking for permanent gender reassignment. Granted, starting early would probably weed out a lot of complications associated w/the surgeries and therapies involved, but what if as a mature person they change their mind? At that point, wouldn't it be even harder to reverse everything? A girl becomes a man, and then when she gets older decides she wants to have a baby herself, not via adoption or surrogate mother? I fought for years to get a hysterectomy & no doctor would do it because 'I might change my mind and then sue them' (and I even had a doctor suggest a sex-change therapy if I was that dead set on not having kids because it would be easier for me to become a man than a uterus-free woman).

Leave a comment:

• MaskedOne
    replied

Would you then alter their growing into puberty by offering hormones to stunt the born gender and start pushing on the opposite gender growth? Or would you make them wait until they are of legal age to do that?
    Not a chance in hell. There are a number of issues attached to this question that are less important to me and where I could be somewhat flexible depending on circumstances but hormone treatments and other medical lead-ups to gender re-assignment don't happen till the kid is an adult. After 18, I'll honor whatever choice they make on the issue but certain options are not available till 18. This is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Peri_Dot
    replied

To those replying with the answer, yes I would let them dress as the opposite etc..I want to reiterate I wasn't saying 'dress as the opposite sex'. I was stating 'live as the opposite sex'. As in wanting to be dressed in the opposite sex clothing. Wanting to be referred to as an opposite sex name. Wanting to use the opposite sex bathroom. Etc Etc. This isn't about cross dressing or about having different gender desires then those normally ascribed to the sex of the child.
    Yes, I would let them live as the "opposite" gender.
    And with that a follow up question. Would you then alter their growing into puberty by offering hormones to stunt the born gender and start pushing on the opposite gender growth? Or would you make them wait until they are of legal age to do that?
    I'm not positive, but I think children are given hormone-blockers to suppress puberty until they are of an age to decide. I would have to see what the negative effects would be before deciding. All of this is irrelevant, though, since I won't be having kids.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X