X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ophidia
    replied
    Re: Gods talking inside head

See, when my Gods talk to me, I hear the voices in my ears. Sometimes I have been spoken to by other people in the voices of the Gods. I've been visited by lwa riding their horses. Sometimes a spiritual entity uses me as a mouthpiece, and I never remember what was said, which is how that usually goes.

I never hear the voice of a spiritual entity in my head, and if I did I'd probably just assume I was a bit crazier than I actually am. I mean, I hear my own thoughts in voices that don't sound like my own, but they aren't the thoughts of a deity, they're usually just random thoughts of mayhem. And usually the voices in my head sound kind of like Charlie Sheen (and lately, Cpt. Jack Harkness from Torchwood :P).

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
    well... im confused...
    UPG - Unverified Personal Gnosis (or Unique Personal Gnosis). It's the spiritual experiences you have that may differ from the accepted (and therefore 'Verified/Verifiable') manifestations of spirituality.

Leave a comment:

• LiadanWillows
    replied

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    upg!
    well... im confused...

Leave a comment:

• Caelia
    replied

upg!
    *shakes her head in Ziltoidian fashion*

I have a feeling I'm going to regret teaching you that term.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Possibly. I have been around enough patients who are brain dead to feel differently. That soul or inner being or energy isn't dead. But this is only from my personal experiences. And maybe it is all in my brain. But it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to think differently so I guess I'd rather be ignorant in this case.
    upg!

Leave a comment:

• LiadanWillows
    replied

Technically this 'focus' is still all stemming from the brain. Technically everything is stemming from the brain. Technically all our 'soul beliefs' are still coming from some spongy organ in our head. I know it's a dour thought. But even the deepest 'heartfelt' feeling...is derived from a brain function.
    Possibly. I have been around enough patients who are brain dead to feel differently. That soul or inner being or energy isn't dead. But this is only from my personal experiences. And maybe it is all in my brain. But it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to think differently so I guess I'd rather be ignorant in this case.

Leave a comment:

• Dumuzi
    replied

Technically this 'focus' is still all stemming from the brain. Technically everything is stemming from the brain. Technically all our 'soul beliefs' are still coming from some spongy organ in our head. I know it's a dour thought. But even the deepest 'heartfelt' feeling...is derived from a brain function.
    It takes one bullet to destroy the world, because it's all in your head.

/oh my gawth

PS: This is post number 666.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I don't believe so. I think the brain is constantly focused on the past and attempting to determine the future. I believe that inner essence (the soul in my view) is focused on the now. They feel like completely separate entities to me, so its hard to believe they are from the same place. The brain seems to be negative and constantly looking back or dreading what is to come. And the soul seems to be focused on enjoying the moment, feeling the sun, smelling the flowers.

Leave a comment:

• LiadanWillows
    replied

Technically isn't that inner essence still stemming from the brain?
    I don't believe so. I think the brain is constantly focused on the past and attempting to determine the future. I believe that inner essence (the soul in my view) is focused on the now. They feel like completely separate entities to me, so its hard to believe they are from the same place. The brain seems to be negative and constantly looking back or dreading what is to come. And the soul seems to be focused on enjoying the moment, feeling the sun, smelling the flowers.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I have always felt that there are two "me's" inside my head. I like to think of one as my brain and the other is my inner me, the true me... inner essence... the self... the soul if you wish. There is a pretty well known book that goes way deep into this that is called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. I loved it.
    Technically isn't that inner essence still stemming from the brain?

Leave a comment:

• LiadanWillows
    replied

I have always felt that there are two "me's" inside my head. I like to think of one as my brain and the other is my inner me, the true me... inner essence... the self... the soul if you wish. There is a pretty well known book that goes way deep into this that is called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. I loved it.

Leave a comment:

• wind
    replied

Oh my gosh thats actually true. thank you

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Your question presupposes that your thoughts and god's voice are two different things, Wind. What happens if you begin with the proposition that both are the same thing?

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I get the talking in my head too. But I have an actual mental illness. I would suggest looking into this and ruling this out. Just to make sure what's happening is a valid phenom.

Leave a comment:

• Caelia
    replied

I've had this too. Sometimes it feels divine, sometimes it feels like it's just my own thoughts and I'm trying to blow smoke up my own butt. Usually I discern it by how much it seems to coincide with my point of view or anything I'd find "agreeable".

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

That happens to me, too - but I'm of the opinion that it's my own collective thoughts, rather than an external force. Though...I've never been certain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X