X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkingman
    replied
    Re: Favorite Childhood Place?

This is silly, but my absolute favorite place to visit when i was a child was the local McDonalds. My second favorite place was the beach in Ventura County, CA.

Leave a comment:

• Lady of Flowers
    replied

My favourite place is on a mountain, preferably in the sunshine but all seasons are spectacular at great height.

Leave a comment:

• Shahaku
    replied

We moved a lot when I was a kid, but I always loved being up in a tree. Didn't really matter which one, just so long as it was climbable.

Leave a comment:

• ACuriousPerson
    replied

Always been the woods in my backyard, but we recently moved to a different house so now I have to get used to my new backyard lol.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied

Mine would be in the woods too, I was always going there every chance I had. We built forts, would eat wild black berry's, and some times made what we called hobo stew that we cooked in tin foil over a fire. Everyone would bring something from their home and we would share it for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• TheTeddy
    replied

I was always out in this open field we had in the back yard, along with the creek in the woods. And of course this one place in the woods where I first felt at peace.

Hard to choose just one.

Leave a comment:

• Sarkana night
    replied

I had this place called "my secret hiding place" by myself. It is a small wide by a lake, surrounded by trees in a park near my home. a big old tree is leaning out over the lake like a small brigde, perfect to lay on, and all the leafs from the old tree and the other trees are making a kind of protective shield around the place so no one can see inside.
    I discovered the place when i was about five years old, and i always came there if i didn't have any other place to go, and felt alone.

Leave a comment:

• James Donovan
    replied

I love to do swimming at childhood. Every Sunday, Me and My father went to do swim in the river.

Leave a comment:

• Maria de Luna
    replied

Mine was a beach my mom used to take me to, it was always empty and quiet, and the sand was so soft, and there was a little blue house, with crappy 70s floral furniture, but it was a beach house and that was ok. I've no idea what beach, or where it was, or even the car ride length to get there. but it was so perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I'm not supposed to post twice, but I don't know how to link posts. Thinking about this made me just wish to go there so bad, Thinking about a place that makes you feel so happy and serene inside was just such a good thing. So thanks so much to the OP for giving me a reason to make myself happy today
    Oh crap it links them automatically....:happeh:

Leave a comment:

• Dez
    replied

It's my grandparents house for me too, Zephyranth.

It felt safe. They had a yard with peach trees, and a garden th the back with veggies, raspberry brambles, a pair of cherry trees, and little chives and primroses growing up through the sidewalk cracks. I can still close me eyes and smell their yard on a summer day.

Leave a comment:

• SCoyote
    replied

The woods. Usually with my grandparents.

Leave a comment:

• Ula
    replied

Our deck and dock on the river.

Leave a comment:

• Roxana
    Guest replied

At a little town near the mountain

Leave a comment:

• Zephyranth
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    The zoo. I loved the reptile house and the big cats. My daddy liked the monkeys!
    Aww! Yeah, I remember how big of a deal it used to be for my family to go to the zoo! We drove an hour to get there and made a day of it every summer.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
    I can tell he's a man of great taste.
    Yeah. I had never remembered how much he liked them until I saw this thread and it came to mind. We would sit and just watch them play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X