Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ophidia
    replied
    Re: Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
    I'm incline to agree! lol. Yet, I don't like Slytherin house and rather be in denial about that part of everyone's personality. It's more fun to have my nose in the air and say, "What a bunch of brats! Boo!" ;^_^
    I'm quite proudly Slytherin. And I'm a talented parseltongue. Just ask my snakes.

Ohhh, that's right, you probably don't speak parseltongue

Leave a comment:

• RiverSong
    replied

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Didn't really like the Potter houses, a decent wizard should have traits of all four of them.
    I'm incline to agree! lol. Yet, I don't like Slytherin house and rather be in denial about that part of everyone's personality. It's more fun to have my nose in the air and say, "What a bunch of brats! Boo!" ;^_^

Leave a comment:

• MaskedOne
    replied

Didn't really like the Potter houses, a decent wizard should have traits of all four of them.

Leave a comment:

• RiverSong
    replied

Ah, Ravenclaw is nice too. ^_^
    But yep, would have to come up with new house names. I'm bad with making up titles or names, though. ;^_^

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

I must be in Gryffindor! o_o
    Ravenclaw for me but if the powers that be want to run with this idea they better come up with some new names for houses, for the sake of copyright (and to avoid being completely lame).

Leave a comment:

• RiverSong
    replied

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    Here's a really daft idea: We could have houses like in Harry potter.
    I must be in Gryffindor! o_o

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

Here's a really daft idea: We could have houses like in Harry potter.

Leave a comment:

• Juniper
    replied

All the wow themes i've seen so far were either really shitty or cost money.

Leave a comment:

• ChainLightning
    replied

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    I'd use a shoutbox (when bored) but I think you should call it an ominous whisper box.

^^^^^^^ THIS! So much, this!

When everything else has already been gone through, all matters are handled, and nobody is in the chatroom, I'd let out an ominous whisper, for sure.

I think there should be a WoW theme, that includes real time achievement and auction house tracking, a way to monitor guild activity and gear upgrades, and multiple character association.

Leave a comment:

• AL!CE
    replied

I'd use a shoutbox (when bored) but I think you should call it an ominous whisper box.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
    We used to have a shout box with the old software. I'm pretty sure I could find a mod for is one (shouldn't be too difficult really) but if I recall correctly there wasn't much interest expressed in getting a shout box with this software at the time of the switch. Then again, our member base has changed quite a bit since then so if people show a significant interest increase these days, I will put some effort into getting it back.
    Only if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I would definitely use it and I can guess at a few others who might, but I'd hate for you to go to trouble only for it to then be a flop.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    .I just fixed my laptop!

(I fixed it by myself, with youtube, for a $140 less than the computer repair place was going to charge me!!!)
    That is win right there! Go you!! Those places are a rip off. I'm very impressed that you were able to locate and mend the issue on your own.

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

I think it's a good idea, because sometimes I'm too shy to come into chatrooms. ;^_^
    Our chatroom doesn't get much traffic anymore, I think...

...it did better when we hosted regular chats, but the mod that was handling that had a ton of L.I.F.E. happen and had to step back for a bit.

Maybe I'll get on that...I just fixed my laptop!

(I fixed it by myself, with youtube, for a $140 less than the computer repair place was going to charge me!!!)

Leave a comment:

• RiverSong
    replied

I think it's a good idea, because sometimes I'm too shy to come into chatrooms. ;^_^

Leave a comment:

• Juniper
    replied

We used to have a shout box with the old software. I'm pretty sure I could find a mod for is one (shouldn't be too difficult really) but if I recall correctly there wasn't much interest expressed in getting a shout box with this software at the time of the switch. Then again, our member base has changed quite a bit since then so if people show a significant interest increase these days, I will put some effort into getting it back.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

Have you ever considered a 'shout box'? I'm not sure if it would be possible on this server, but the other forum I haunt (though admittedly not much these days, I should fix that), used to have one and it as great. Basically, you could leave a message, like a facebook update, without signing into a chatroom. The whole community could see what you'd written, although it only showed something like the last 10 messages at once. It also sometimes led to chats because someone would reply to your update and you'd get into a conversation. Then other passers by who might not have time to log into a chat room, might be interested or have an opinion about what you're discussing and pop in to add something. It was very successful and created a real closeness between members. I know chat can too, but this was just more accessable somehow. It included more members by being so obvious and not requiring a log-in. Just a sensible suggestion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X