Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juniper
    replied
    Re: Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

I would also like to add that we DO have a teen section as well for those members that are under 20 and would like to discuss things in s more private section with like-aged people. The way to get access to thee teen section is the same as the adult section. Just PM one the admins. The only stipulations are to be under 20 and you can't be a member of both teen or adult sections if you're 18 out 19. And yes, the admins can check your age even if it's not publicly displayed.

Leave a comment:

• volcaniclastic
    replied

I agree with Tylluan on this one. This isn't a very good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Ophidia
    replied

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    THANK YOU!! I've seen entire forums "go to hell in a handbasket" when flaming sections get started. I'd hate to have to leave another one.
    ^^^ This!

I've seen this, and the other extreme - flame wars getting to be so bad that the forum admins and mods go into lock-down mode where even constructive criticisms on artwork becomes a no-no. I think PF has a decent balance - we get out of line sometimes, the mods let us go so far, and then they throw us all into our separate corners.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
    1. No. We already have the adult section where we are much more relaxed on "mean and nasty" how much more mean do you want to get?
    THANK YOU!! I've seen entire forums "go to hell in a handbasket" when flaming sections get started. I'd hate to have to leave another one.

Leave a comment:

• Juniper
    replied

1. No. We already have the adult section where we are much more relaxed on "mean and nasty" how much more mean do you want to get?

2. The option to automatically subscribe to threads when you post in them is already there in your settings section.

3. The current karma system does not allow for that option (to display positive and negative). I would be willing to research a mod that might allow for the split view, but only if this gets a popular vote from the entire forum (read active members).

Leave a comment:

• Tylluan Penry
    replied

Just remember that once you start such comments, you can't retract them. If you really want to be rude and bitchy then fine... but understand that PF will change. Relationships between members may alter in ways you won't expect and might not like.

With regard to the rep ratings, I seem to remember PF had that system in place a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Dumuzi
    replied

Hmmm we could create such a section inside the adult section.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    Introduce a flame wars section. One area where you can be as rude, bitchy and mean as you damn well please and those who don't like that sort of thing can just avoid that section and those who do enjoy being nasty can let off steam there away from everyone else. I would add that threats such as "I'm going to track you down and break your f-ing legs" should still be banned even in that section.
    This would be great, as long as it doesn't get into back-stabbing people, as the " What are you thinking of" thread ends to do when forum members decide to team up and gang rape some other forum member whom they don't like...

Leave a comment:

• Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Introduce a flame wars section. One area where you can be as rude, bitchy and mean as you damn well please and those who don't like that sort of thing can just avoid that section and those who do enjoy being nasty can let off steam there away from everyone else. I would add that threats such as "I'm going to track you down and break your f-ing legs" should still be banned even in that section.

On a more serious note (unless the powers that be actually like that ^ idea, in which case on an equally serious note) subscribing to threads should be automatic when you post in them. I pretty much always forget to subscribe and then have to wade through the activity stream back to my last post.

Rep should be split into a positive score and a negative score so that those of us who are good at picking up both kinds (like me) can show off our "marmite" factor and not be mistaken for those who have little impact on the forums. For example person a) gets 6 positives and 5 negatives whilst person b) gets one positive. Under the current system they both appear to have the same rep of one positive.
Working...
X