X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternatingSelves
    replied
    Re: What about you?

I have a mom, a dad, and an older brother (who lives in a different country right now). I also have an aunt, uncle, and three cousins, but I only see them a couple of times a year

Leave a comment:

• anubisa
    replied

My family is my mom, my dad, (who I live with because of health issues) my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew, and my fur-babies who are a sister and a son and daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Lilium of the Valley
    Guest replied

My family consists of my son and I. My SO who sadly does not live with me. *pout* My mom and her fiance who live about an hour away from me. And then there is my Dad who lives in "frozen over" Michigan USA. Ah yes and my Gramma. No siblings, thank heavens, I'm selfish lol JK but yeah I'd say that's my immediate family. Not even going to start with cousins, aunts and uncles...hence this post will turn into a book lol

Leave a comment:

• Heka
    replied

I live alone during week days, and on week ends I travel 160 km to be with my husband. We also have two beautiful dogs.

Leave a comment:

• dreamweaver
    replied

My family consists of three brothers,one sister,five children,fourteen grandchildren,and so far six great grandchildren.But what do you expect when a person is seventy lol.When we all get together it's name tags for them all.

Leave a comment:

• Simatong
    replied

I have 13 aunts and uncles on my mother's side and 11? aunts and uncles on my father's side (possibly more, from what I have heard). My mother is a twin, as was my grandfather (may his soul rest with the angels). I have a half-brother and a half-sister, as well as a step-nephew, one biological nephew, and four nieces. I still live with my stepgrandmother, though hoping that changes soon (I love her dearly, but I am in my mid twenties and it is time to move on... Just trying to get more translation clients and a steady part time job. But I digress). I have one dog, Charlie, whose missing half his nose (very scary and gruesome story), and a cat named Daisy Mae, both of whom belonged to my stepgrandmother's mother.

Leave a comment:

• Doc_Holliday
    replied

After 24 years you must have an attachment like no other.

And yeah, when you take into perspective the fact that parrots live for a long long time and have the ability to socialize like few other animals. They are a worthwhile investment.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

A friend used to make fun of me for spending $1K on Buddy when I got him. However, 24 years later, she's been through several expensive show dogs & cats, as well as had 2 kids.

***Squalking all the way to the bank***

He really IS my family, not quite like a kid, not an s.o., but a great companion in any case. If I could reincarnate him into a human I'd marry him.

Leave a comment:

• Doc_Holliday
    replied

He sounds very enjoyable to be around

I remember walking into a pet store and having a parrot remark on my tattoos. Almost bought the damned thing but I remembered I have no cage, no food and no skills with parrots.

Plus he was 1400$ CAD

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    I was wondering what kind of pet you could possibly outlive. I love parrots.
    He's a Congo African Grey. Quite sarcastic little personality - I have NO IDEA where that came from LOL! He seems to be in his prime, thank goodness, no health issues.

I have a rather large adopted human family around here, but that has its limitations.

Leave a comment:

• Doc_Holliday
    replied

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
    I have an aunt and some cousins who are far away. I live with my 24 year old parrot who I love dearly!
    I was wondering what kind of pet you could possibly outlive. I love parrots.

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

From my Immediate family(father,mother and siblings) There is just myself and my younger sister still around. I do have children and grandchildren,but mainly the people I grew up with are gone.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkfeathers
    replied

I have an aunt and some cousins who are far away. I live with my 24 year old parrot who I love dearly!

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied

I do not have any family. I live in the upstairs part of a house as a boarder. I have my own room and my very own private bathroom (that Gawd!). After the housemates moved out, we are left me and the little elderly lady Regina. Though at the moment the other room is rented to a young mother from her church and 3 munchkin kids. Plus Maddie, the grand daughter who Regina babysits. She's 5. So the house is always full with fun little kids. And it's also quiet at night. Oh there are 2 dogs, an old timer Akita and a mutt dog. A handful of birds. I think we have a total of 5.

Leave a comment:

• thalassa
    replied

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    Should I be listing cats? Yes they are my babies...
    ...in which case, we also have a ball python (Lucy) and a Siberian dwarf hamster (Gray Gregorvich).

Needless to say, they do not share living quarters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X