• Larix
    replied
    Re: Coffee connoisseur

I love an espresso after my meal.

Leave a comment:

• kalynraye
    replied

Macchiatos are beautiful to make!! I really like making them iced because you can see the espresso seeping to the bottom. Its beautiful. Can we also talk about teas?? I love a good earl grey with steamed milk. I drink that almost as much as I drink coffee.

Leave a comment:

• Azvanna
    replied

http://annystudio.com/show/0027/ There's a good poster on that page that decodes some of the more popular types of coffee. Today I learned that the espresso shot goes on top of the steamed milk in a macchiato as the espresso must 'stain' the milk.

Leave a comment:

• Shahaku
    replied

Ooo I thought this thread had died... I had a mocha smore type thing the other day and it was amazing, even in the middle of summer. A mocha coffee with marshmallow syrup. Yum.

Leave a comment:

• Rhaethe
    replied

I love the smell of coffee more than I love drinking it. My cardiologist advises me personally against all forms of caffeine (for good reason), and if I must have coffee then go decaf, as the teeny bit of caffeine left in decaf is, well, teeny. I listen to her (for good reason), though I will admit to sneaking in some dark chocolate once a month.

Anywho. I am most likely not bothered enough to search high and low, but in a typical store in my area you will find bucketloads of differing brands and types and flavors of regular coffee ... and one piddly decaf offering. I don't want Super Fancy WooJoo Coffee in Decaf Form badly enough to be bothered to look online for it either, so I just grab whatever the grocery offers in decaf that is cheap.

I always drink mine with half-n-half or milk. Sometimes, if I am feeling fancy, I'll grab the fancy flavored (fake) creamer.

Leave a comment:

• kalynraye
    replied

Coffee is an amazing thing. My Grandfather started spoon feeding it to me when I was 6 months old and I have never stopped drinking it. My grandfather likes his instant folgers with 2 spoons of powdered creamer and 3 spoons of sugar. If I'm drinking coffee at home I prefer dark roasts, there are very very few that I have found that I didn't like, on occasion I will find a nice medium roast. I run very very far away from blonde roasts. I also prefer half and half over milk or cream. I like the texture it gives the coffee.
    Now if i'm out and about I always try the mocha. I can't seem to help it. I love chocolate so a good house mocha has me sold every time. I also have a soft spot for a well made cappuccino.

Leave a comment:

• Starless
    replied

Happiness is a venti hazelnut macchiato. :3

I'll drink any strong coffee. I just have to test it first to make sure it's acceptable - if you can hold the pot up to a window and see daylight through it, it's no good. If it ain't as black as my oily heart, it ain't worth drinking.

Leave a comment:

• Azvanna
    replied
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...atte_macchiato but simpler.

Leave a comment:

• Rae'ya
    replied

I've never had coffee with actual cream in it... that seems... odd to me lol. I have had it with non-homogenised milk and that has a very different mouth feel to regular milk, and I assume cream would be similar. I remember drinking coffee with powdered creamer when I was in the US and it was... different. I prefer milk.

Leave a comment:

• Shahaku
    replied

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    I don't really drink much coffee... I prefer to smell it than drink it! It's not that I don't like it... just that I don't bother drinking it because I don't actively enjoy it much. If we go to a cafe I will usually drink iced coffee, because that, I DO like. Not the stuff in a carton (though I drink that too), but actual iced coffee made with an espresso shot and milk and ice cream (no fake canned cream, thank you very much). Or a frappe made with an actual espresso shot. Coffee flavour or coffee syrup is not good enough... it has to be with real coffee.

I would drink iced coffee or a coffee frappe all day. But hand me a hot coffee and I'm all 'meh'.

In Australia, most people drink freeze dried coffee at home, not ground coffee. We don't have the same percolator culture that exists elsewhere. If you go to a cafe or restaurant you will ALWAYS get freshly ground coffee via an espresso machine, but at home it's mostly freeze dried coffee powder. If you have an espresso machine or use a percolator you are considered pretty dedicated to your coffee, as they are relatively expensive. We have a percolator at home, as do my parents. My parents grind their own beans, but we usually buy pre-ground beans of whatever style hubby prefers. At my work we have one of those little coffee pod percolator things where you put little individual tubs of ground coffee into it and it makes you one cup.

Also, in Australia, most people drink their coffee either black, or with milk. Creamer is rare in Aus... you can buy it, but I have never known a single person here who used it. My first exposure to creamer was when I went to the US. And when I say milk, I mean average regular old milk. We don't really do cream or half and half, either. I'm sure there are Australians who do, but the norm is to drink it black (no milk) or white (with milk). Or with skim milk if you prefer, or with soy milk or almond milk if you are lactose intolerant.

Leave a comment:

• LunarHarvest
    replied

I love coffee. I have at least one big glass of coffee per day, if not two. I'm not particularly picky on what type of coffee it is though, so long as it tastes like coffee, I just need to feed the addiction.

Leave a comment:

• IsisSekhemetRa
    replied

I like the stuff from Boca Java, which I haven't ordered in months due to money issues. So I get what's on the shelf that doesn't remind me of my bad childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Rae'ya
    replied

I don't really drink much coffee... I prefer to smell it than drink it! It's not that I don't like it... just that I don't bother drinking it because I don't actively enjoy it much. If we go to a cafe I will usually drink iced coffee, because that, I DO like. Not the stuff in a carton (though I drink that too), but actual iced coffee made with an espresso shot and milk and ice cream (no fake canned cream, thank you very much). Or a frappe made with an actual espresso shot. Coffee flavour or coffee syrup is not good enough... it has to be with real coffee.

I would drink iced coffee or a coffee frappe all day. But hand me a hot coffee and I'm all 'meh'.

In Australia, most people drink freeze dried coffee at home, not ground coffee. We don't have the same percolator culture that exists elsewhere. If you go to a cafe or restaurant you will ALWAYS get freshly ground coffee via an espresso machine, but at home it's mostly freeze dried coffee powder. If you have an espresso machine or use a percolator you are considered pretty dedicated to your coffee, as they are relatively expensive. We have a percolator at home, as do my parents. My parents grind their own beans, but we usually buy pre-ground beans of whatever style hubby prefers. At my work we have one of those little coffee pod percolator things where you put little individual tubs of ground coffee into it and it makes you one cup.

Also, in Australia, most people drink their coffee either black, or with milk. Creamer is rare in Aus... you can buy it, but I have never known a single person here who used it. My first exposure to creamer was when I went to the US. And when I say milk, I mean average regular old milk. We don't really do cream or half and half, either. I'm sure there are Australians who do, but the norm is to drink it black (no milk) or white (with milk). Or with skim milk if you prefer, or with soy milk or almond milk if you are lactose intolerant.

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I'm quite fond of the stuff.. I've even eaten the candied coffee beans if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
    I've had them!

Theses are the best!

I like to experiment - I prefer medium roast, but haven't settled yet.

The campfire coffee from the gastaion is good...

I also, by the way, support fair trade coffee when I can.

Leave a comment:

• Yorin
    replied

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
    I'm quite fond of the stuff.. I've even eaten the candied coffee beans if anyone knows what I'm talking about.
    Like the dark chocolate covered coffee beans? Those things are delicious

Leave a comment:

Working...
X